Using Backlink "Sites" to Increase Your Profits

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Steppeno profile image66
    Steppenoposted 14 years ago

It seems that all I have been hearing lately is how important it is to create backlinks to increase your traffic, and the more I thought about it, the more limited it sounded. Sure you can post a few backlinks through your Hub to related topics you may have written about, or even another hubber with relevent information...( we do receive a portion of the proceeds to promote other hubs...) But this still sounded so limited. You have to get someone to your Hub in the first place in order for them to have a chance to click on any links you may have embedded in your article. Then it hit me !!! With all the free website offers on the web today, why not create a series of "Specialized" Free Websites in order to direct traffic to not only your Hubs, but the hubs of other writers with relevent information on the subject !?! I just completed my first website of this nature and wrote an article about it... Now I have a site full of referrals and backlinks that I was also able to place my Google Adsense Ads on to help increase my profit potential even more !!! Now instead of promoting a single article, I am able to promote a whole website full of relevent information !!! Search Engine submission was simple enough, so now I am spending a couple of hours a day promoting my new website through other channels, and best of all... Everything was totally FREE !!! All I have in it is my time and energy. 

If you have a unique idea for promoting "Backlinks", please post...

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just to clarify, you don't receive revenue, but the opportunity for revenue. By getting approximately 10% of the ad impressions.

How are you promoting these hubs? Just a link? A blurb you've written? An excerpt from the introduction?

Steppenoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its really simple... I write an article that combines several different elements on a topic for my website, and suggest that the people that visit my site read the articles I have listed to the side of my content... It simple Gives the Title of the article and I create a link to the hub I am refering them to... Of course I do have to make it sound really great and encourage them to click on an article... If you read the article on my hub it pretty much explains everything... And I have a link to the site in my article... If you read my article and visit the site you will see many of the articles I have promoted and the simple formate I used to accomplish everything...

1. kirstenblog profile image78
          kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can see it being very easy to start a blogger blog on a topic that gets written about here, each post to the blog is a 'why I loved this article, its totally awesome' and includes a link to said article, some of which would be my own article and some of them would be to my fellow hubbers articles (tracker links included wink). If they are product related topics then adding an amazon ad just in case the reader prefers to just buy big_smile

2. profile image0
      troseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Steppeno-
      I am confused about the free website you are talking about.  Didn't you have to pay for hosting and a domain name?  Are you using Wordpress with your own domain?

Here's a list of my favorite hubs so far on backlinking:  (Many of them I have begun using and I do see more traffic)

Hubpages Backlinking for Dummies by Sandra Rinck
      How to Use Shetoldme.com by Sunforged
      SEO Tips by Sunforged
      Blog Submission Sites by Ryankett
      Increase Your Traffic: Free Backlinks by Ryankett
      Make Money Online With YouSayToo by Ultimate Hubber
      Backlinks for Dummies by Mark Knowles

I am still learning about this topic also and would love to read more on backlinking and increasing traffic to hubpages. Please list some of your favorite hubs. smile

Trose... Most of the free web hosting sites require you use their logo in the link... and the space they provide is very limited but more than enough to write ad copy and promote links. I used Yola dot com and they allow me to make as many as 5 free individual sites... If you do a search for free web hosting sites, you would be surprised what you will find... Most offer more than enough space for this type of website.

2. chinweike profile image59
    chinweikeposted 14 years ago

This will make an interesting topic to follow

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Not a bad idea smile
    Could be an idea for creating new free hosted blogs, blogs about all my favorite 'outdoor' hubs and other websites etc. If folks liked a blog that recomends 'gem' resources like our articles here might even buy stuff off that blog since amazon now is usable with blogger.

I am sure that other hubbers would be more then happy to have their articles back linked to your websites, I know I would be very grateful for that big_smile

All in all something I may have to think about smile

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Kirsten, I'll post some of your Hubs onto one of my blogs with the backlinks etc.  If you have any Hub in particular that you want to promote, just drop me an email.

Exactly Kirsten... Using a free website to promote related articles is a great place to use Google Adsense too !!! I write for several sites, so all my backlinks don't just refer back to HubPages... I promote my articles from other sites as well to try to increase traffic all across my board !!! I'm hopeing to not only get readers... I'm looking for writers that will sign up in my referrals column...

1. kirstenblog profile image78
          kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know that varied back links are best (not just from blogger) and that google tends to play favorites with its blogs so getting other back links is still important but the blogging itself should add to ones earning potential, and this would be an easy strategy for someone like me who still has to do 'real work' roll tongue. If it helped to get me out of the JOB and freed me up for this fun work then so much the better wink

4. profile image0
    troseposted 14 years ago

Darkside, I didn't mean to leave you out.  You have written a terrific hub recently also on Backlinking.  A good one to check out! smile

5. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Steppeno, Have you tried Backlink packets of Angela edwards & Tom ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)