Just for fun.......... Your nickname please

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (48 posts)
  1. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

Do you have one? Do you like it?

1. G Miah profile image79
      G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had one or two, but they didn't stand out much. My friend used to be called 'cheese pasty head', another was called 'tapir'!

2. falcon64 profile image59
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have alot of it. But the most I love Kamila....

3. jowanngak profile image59
      jowanngakposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I like It. I have different pet names for different people. That is why Im different with different kinds of people.

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Billy Jean

3. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Big Rooster

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Colebabie, and I love it smile

5. fishtiger58 profile image67
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

My dad called me tiger my whole life.

6. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Way back in high school they called me, "Feelgood".  I was a rebel pothead without a cause.  At the time I enjoyed the name but now I loathe those years.

Now, many people in the community refer to me as, "Padre".  Although that's not my title I kind of like it.

7. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Well, Geez... I have sooo many, where to start?....

Azzhole, sh**head, Stupid PR***, Dumb AZZ...

wink  big_smile   wink

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's good to know  people love you so much !
      big_smile

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wink

2. Army Infantry Mom profile image59
      Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

8. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Seriously... I have had several, the first one Dad gave me was Tag...'cause as a toddler I was always following him around (Tagging-along).

Spooner is probably my favorite...even though since the Will Smith movie came out ( I Robot) where his name is 'Spooner', I liked it less... and spooner was better than the alternative (cuddles)... wink

Before Spooner I was called Forest alot, I guess because I have legs likes trees??? Maybe I was getting fat, because people seemed to think I needed to take up jogging...

9. yenajeon profile image71
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

I have many!
    Silly one: shark
    Sorority: dazzle
    Bf: booboo

I like all of them besides the sorority one. It sounds so generic even if people do say I 'dazzle'. Haha

10. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I will not kiss and tell big_smile

11. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Tone Loc

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Something told me you were famous! big_smile

12. profile image0
    tequilarosemama4posted 14 years ago

my nicknames are jules, hunny bunny, red headed step child

13. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

"They call me Tater Salad."

14. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Slim

15. DanieRoBo profile image60
    DanieRoBoposted 14 years ago

Well, It is a nickname but only one person uses it. It is Bondy.
    Yup that is right... Bondy... no further questions

16. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

When I was in my teens my nickname was Flash thanks to an innocent wardrobe malfunction.

Before we started dating my (ex)hubby gave me the nickname Hollywood cuz he didn't know my real name. All he knew was that I had long hair, drove a sporty black Trans Am and always wore sunglasses. It wasn't a very creative nickname but at least he didn't call me Trans Am.

Now my only nickname is...Ma'am. (But if the lighting is just right I can manage an occasional Miss.)

17. drej2522 profile image67
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

the leopard

18. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

I have 2-
    Jersey or Harvard

19. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

A fun-loving employee once dubbed me "Mickel Licktickel."

Sigh........

20. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image87
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

I have several, but two are used most often. I rarely hear my given name. The first is Misery (cuz I'm into dark things, not really goth, absolutely not emo) and that started in high school. The second is Roo, and that started in middle school. I love Misery and plan to get it tattooed on the back of my neck.

21. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I know a guy , who I used to hang with , who would alays refer to me as Ms. Diane >>>long story, I never did anything, but I reminded him of his ex lover I guess..so I hated being called that

Most people call me She-Bandit because of my collection of firebirds , 2nd generation and the large pheonix tat I have on my back..I don't know who started it, but it stuck, I am ok with it being called that
    ..and unfortunatly, I get called "gimp" by a few people - this I totally dislike because I can not help that the problem now exists.
      Im high school I got called Kelly Bundy cause I dressed like her and drove a camaro?, that one got forgot about and at one time someone called me "Kirby", like the vaccume for 2 yrs..thank goodness that one went away too...
    I really just like being called by my real name the best, Kerry  smile

22. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Got called "Cowboy" in the Army (cuz I wuz wun) and "Ghost" in the oilpatch (hence the user name).  When I was growing up, my old man used to call me "Bonehead", but I'm thinking that was maybe more of a description than a nickname...lol

23. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

fadaricky is my nickname

24. wychic profile image83
    wychicposted 14 years ago

All through high school people always just called my Psycho or Little Bug...Psycho has still stuck with some people, such as my good friend Evil. My sister twisted Little Bug into Little Booger, while a co-worker turned it into just plain Bug. The only nickname that is habitually used now is my husband's name for me, which is She Who Must Be Obeyed.

1. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL@ she who must be obeyed.

and will you expand on psycho? smile

i had one friend make up a funny nickname i'll never forget. pineapple. because, i naturally have a darker blonde hair color, but i guess i "act" really blonde (or at least did as a teenager?!) and so, brown on the outside, yellow on the inside. funny?

and i actually had a teacher AND a boss from work call me princess habitually...maybe in a past life.... ;P

1. wychic profile image83
        wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At that point I'd had some mental-type issues for which I'd gone to therapy, before that I was "Genius" and after that (I was very open about it to classmates) a couple people called me the psychotic genius for about a week, then everyone unanimously shortened it to Psycho, a name I wear to this day in the right company wink.

1. double_frick profile image60
          double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nice. i like to think of myself as a sort-of psychotic genius. haha but i think most people just consider me strange, awkward or kinda crazy. lol  luckily i never had to go back to school with the kids after i had my mental issues. smile

25. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

I was called 'Harpic' (after a UK drain cleaner)

http://aavaas.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/harpic.jpg

'cos people thought I was 'clean round the bend'.

Later I was called 'Uncle Festus'(from the Munsters) when I'd put on a little weight and had very short hair, and currently the only nickname I sport is 'Daddy' which MK calls me (and I'm proud to call him 'Son').

But I prefer plain....

John

26. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Stevennixx has one, hehe, I call him "Dante", but its an inside joke  lol

27. trish1048 profile image68
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

Ok.  There are several.  My mom called me Tricia or Trish.  My late hubby decided to call me Patsy.  In my senior year in high school, I was dubbed with the name joe plug.  Don't ask smile

The most recent one was crash.  Even though I've been driving for decades, I am the world's worst backer-upper.  Got hit by a car when I pulled out onto the road, then, after we got off to the side of the road, and I was done talking with the police, I backed up, right into the car of the hubby of the woman who hit me.  He had pulled up right behind me, it was dark, I was upset, and didn't see his car.  A two-fer in one night, both with the same family.  I can laugh about it now.  Other incidents included backing up into the cement bird bath in my own yard, and a few times into cars in parking lots.  I avoid backing up at all costs today smile

28. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

My kids and grandkids call me Babe, my friends call me Stoney...I say, don't call me late for dinner and always call me for a drink. lol

29. jonathanacosta17 profile image61
    jonathanacosta17posted 14 years ago

when i was a kid i was called 'TAKONG' - which means 'young pig' in my native dialect. then it graduated to 'TAKZ' in my teens.

30. nadiaazhar profile image76
    nadiaazharposted 14 years ago

i got 2 nick names: naddy & nedoo

31. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Blondy or Double D's

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOOO- HOOO !

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's funny but they always see them coming before me.

2. wychic profile image83
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL...someone called me the latter before, and I asked them if they were looking through the wrong end of the binoculars.

Hehehe...I think the psychotic genius label takes a very small school. My school had 156 people, 32 of whom were in my grade, and they bestowed the name on me as a sort of badge of honor smile. I guess it helps that they knew me long before I went to the institution, so when I got back they welcomed me back into my social circles with open arms and a whole new theory on who I am wink.

32. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Ginger pubes was my nickname, but I wasn't a fan of that one!

But I've often been called beer monster in the past, can't think why...hic... burp!

33. adamareangere profile image67
    adamareangereposted 14 years ago

Jolly Giant *eyes rolling*

34. salman02 profile image56
    salman02posted 14 years ago

Hello Blondy .... how ru?

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey there!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)