Our hubs are being republished here

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (48 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 14 years ago
    1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you should report to staff, looks like they stole the site. what do all those characters mean? anyone know? hmm

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Actually I don't see any real backlinks. Pure steal yikes

3. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Bleeding nora... it doesnt even look that professional!  Does this mean that our hubs might come up as duplicate if we close shop and publish elsewhere?

4. profile image0

No idea how Google handles this. It's clearly a rip off from HubPages, but does a human eye look at it or just a Google-bot?

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If a human alerts google, then a google human checks it out.  They must be getting heaps of revenue from this steal!

5. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

The links even take you directly to copies of the Hub forums.  Ridiculous!

6. profile image0

Just have to hope the HubPages team can tear their playhouse down.

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

It honestly appears to be stolen all of the information is duplicate and it includes many of us hubbers. HP will take care of it, I am certain. smile

8. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

This is an outrage!

My stuff has copy rights notices on it! This is against international law!

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, I am afraid not much can be done in this case - unless they are hosted in US, which I doubt very much. I don't really understand the purpose of this. If they modify Amazon links to their own id though, reporting them to Amazon may be an option...

EDIT: No, they don't...
      I really don't understand why they are doing it...

9. alexandriaruthk profile image68
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

I have two articles in that site and one in China Daily,

this is crazy

10. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

It seems they have current avatars and everything.  It really makes me wonder how it is done.

The only adds I saw were the amazon ones.  Can anything really be done, if they are not using AdSense type adds?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow I even have a link to a wikipedia article which is duplicated on this site....

11. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

It will be o.k. HP will deal with it, they always do I am certain they will give us an update so don't get to alarmed, I e-mailed them and you can bet others did to. smile

12. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

None of the links come back to HubPages. They are internal links with hubs copied to that site. As Misha said, it is stealing and nothing more.

13. profile image0

That site had to be done with a crawler script. It is an exact copy of HubPages without the Hubpages logos. The text and links are copied but the links are changed to remain on that site.

14. profile image0

I did the same search here and on that site.

http://m.jword.jp/jw.php

http://hubpages.com/search/include:hubs+gravity

They are identical.

15. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 14 years ago

I just took a look at the site. It appears to be a Japanese, poor man's version of HubPages.
    What really is alarming, is that I was able to log-in, and view my Hub (I'm new) and profile. I could even edit them.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And now they potentially have your password.  I would suggest you change it right away.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
        Jayne Lancerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did. But thank you, anyway.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
          KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only trying to be helpful in case you hadn't thought about it.  I'm glad you tried it, because I was curious, but I wasn't about to try it. smile

Curiosity killed the cat -- has always been my problem

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would not have done that change the password like KCC suggested or you will be opening a can of very large worms.smile

Well, that's pretty typical of me :-)

16. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

the forum is the same. It has today's topics.

17. profile image0

I didn't even think of it. Thanks. Changed my password too.

18. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

http://www.gmo.jp/en/news/article/?id=277

Found this press release - it looks like that site is a mobile phone search engine that redirects you to the original site. For all intents and purposes, you are still using Hubpages amongst all the Japanese.

I bloody hope so, anyway smile

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well if it is correct that is pretty cool, thanks for the info. smile

2. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  19. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image87
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/JWord

Found this,too. It's in Japanese, but I used the toolbar translator. Says the same thing Sufidreamer was saying. So maybe that's all it is.

20. salt profile image59
    saltposted 14 years ago

they seem the same ones, are the covered by copyright?
    Ive started copyrighting my work.

1. profile image0
      Audreveaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Copyright automatically exists in the work - you don't have to do anything smile And for 70 years after your death

21. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Yea, everyone's profiles are on there too...found mine. Weird that a Japanese site is posting them...

22. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Checked and it appears they hijacked the whole site but I found it interesting that the polls don't work, neither do the rate up or down links however the flag appears to possibly be working.  Picked one of my least performing hubs and will check my account for views during the next update.  Will be extremely interested in seeing what HP Staff has to say about this.

23. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Always something exciting on Hubpages!

24. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

big_smile that site is proxy surfing site for Japanese People. So it is obvious you'll see that it is stealing our content. big_smile

Enter your site address name in this search box of that site:

http://m.jword.jp/?

See the magic of proxy site in Japan. They are not content stealer.

big_smile

1. Ohma profile image59
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I am not as computer savvy as most I do not understand your response. I did what you said and it took me to the exact same place the link in the OP did. What am I supposed to understand?

1. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohma, let me tell you in simple i hope you get it.

Consider your ISP banned one site and you want to surf it or you want to surf site which is not accessible in your country/office etc.
        In such case,proxy site can let you access those site via their IP. This site from japan is proxy surfing site for both desktop and mobile. They are not copying our content, they are redirecting to our content for those who can't access it. But in that process they are masking URL so that you can access the site in environment where you are not allowed to use.

(Search on google for more information about proxy site/surging,wikipedia may have article on that one).

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
          ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the simplified explanation Skyfire.  Very interesting stuff.

25. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

You know weather you call it stealing or not the site is of such poor quality that it really reflects badly for us and all of hub pages. Has anyone actually reported this yet? I sure home they can do something about it. I do not want my stuff accociated with such a crappy site.

ROFL why will you report Proxy surfing site ? big_smile

That site is same as anonymoue.org or t9space.com, will you report proxy surfing site ? big_smile

26. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

So this is not a bad thing right? does the traffic it generates do us any good?

Adsense don't count the proxy site traffic but amazon and ebay can keep the sales that way. So few things to note: it is not bad for content cause content is our and they are not stealing it. Adsense clicks on proxy are not counted(besides those who use proxy hardly click on ads).

27. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

K- thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. It means a lot when you are all so helpful.

28. efeguy profile image41
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

see some report to hubs staff.

that is scamming and fraud

29. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

What the hell? The site looks shitty as hell. I thought that our hubs were safe here, and protected?

30. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

You are not a writer until somebody steals your stuff. My personal sites are stolen from all the time. You have to stay alert.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)