? If The Messiah was perfect...then what did He have to learn ?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (69 posts)
  1. underhiswings profile image61
    underhiswingsposted 14 years ago

Opinions ?

1. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The prophets do not know they are prophets till a certain time. They live like normal humans till they get the call from god.

This universe has ,is and will always be in perfection something an enlightened one knows. smile

underhiswingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Messiah had His call before He was ever sent into the world and even said as much.

One record shows that even at age 12 He knew who He was and why He came to the planet.

He astounded the wisest of the wise with His wisdom at 12 and nobody could challenge His words without being humbled by His answers.

He spoke no idle words and only spoke what He heard His Father say at all times. He never did His own will, but only the will of the One who sent Him.

Being not only Prophet, He was also High Priest and King, the living sacrifice of GOD that laid down His life as an offering for the sins of the world. Rose from the dead by His own power, thus proving He is GOD.

He qualified by living a perfect life, never being disobedient to His Father.

Every prophet is send with a call but the call comes later on in life. Where Jesus  is concerned there are many years where no one knows what happened to him,some say he came to India learned from the masters ,gained enlightenment and then went back to spread god knowledge. He wasn't spreading god knowledge since he was born.

Zarathustra the first Messiah or recorded prophet also gained enlightenment in his thirties. The Buddha, Mahavira,Muhammad and Guru Nanak other Messiahs  have a similar story.

Muhammad was very confused about his call and it was his wife who supported and urged him on .

He qualified by living a perfect life, never being disobedient to His Father.
          This is not important as ones father can be wrong.

Dyaneshwar the great saint took Maha samadhi at the age of sixteen, he translated the Bhagwat Gita into Marathi and decided his job or work on this planet was done.

I also faced this confusion for many years after enlightenment, it is normal. smile

"In the middle of the ocean, in nowhere .
          You showed me your presence everywhere."

"Absolute delight and utter confusion,
          From the moment of our fusion."

2. mohitmisra profile image59

May be for Jesus this was the case he was born with it, but for most its after they have their spiritual experience that they gain understanding of what their purpose really was.
          Fiery earlier put up a beautiful passage for this.

The prophet Muhammad was very confused as it was a huge task to be undertaken .

Guru Nanak had his spiritually experience when he was young but its at the age of 33 that he realized his purpose and worked towards it.

There is also a story o Jesus that he want to the East learned from the masters and then want back to spread his knowledge.

There is nothing like being only a prophet, wrong usage of words.

Most prophets have had to suffer a lot and many were killed as well.

Zaratushtra was jailed for fourteen years as he was called mad.

Krishna uncle tried to kill him

Rama was banished for fourteen years from his kingdom.

Thew Buddha was mocked.

Mahavira was mocked.

Guru Nanak was called mad by some.
          Many Sikh prophets were killed , some even sawed in half or chopped into pieces.

2. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you talking about Obama?

3. quietnessandtrust profile image60
      quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here is one answer I know about.

Hebrews 2:10
      For it was fitting that He, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the Founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.

Hebrews 5:8-10
      So even though Jesus was God's Son,
      He learned obedience from the things He suffered.
      In this way, God qualified Him as a perfect High Priest, and He became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey Him. And God designated Him to be a High Priest in the line of Melchitzedek.

4. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That perfection cannot save the world. smile edit- perfection doesn't save lives.

5. gary777g profile image65
      gary777gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  Great question!  I've thought alot about this.  If he was truly a man in every respect, then He would have had to learn many things growing up.  But when did He know who He was?  At what age?  And did He learn these things from his parents telling Him of events surrounding His birth? Or by studying the scriptures?  Who can know?  I hope there are movies in heaven that we can watch of His early life.  We DO know that at age twelve, he was in the temple conversing with the rabbis, and they were amazed at His wisdom...

6. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Messiah wasn't perfect,he was God.look at all the mistakes God made and had to deal with.I just wonder,if the Messiah was "Fully human",did he ever make fart jokes cause you cant be fully human and not make at least one Fart joke...
      I can picture Peter and Mary especially saying"thou hast maketh a great big Stinky Lord,all praise to thee"...
      Well,here comes another one of those damn lightening bolts I've been dodging so I gotta go...peace...

1. pioneer_writer5 profile image58
        pioneer_writer5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not know if Jesus made a joke. I am not sure of the importance of that bit of information. He did attend a wedding feast obviously there was  wine. So I do not believe Jesus was a uptight as you are inferring. What his focus was not on the mundane matters of day to day life. Rather it was on the doing of his father's will. I think that you would benefit from a study of the Bible to learn about God and his qualities, for if you had indeed made a search of the scriptures you would better understand not  only God, but his son, Jesus Christ.

7. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If The Messiah was perfect...then what did He have to learn ?

How to not be God, how it is to live when your not a perfect all knowing being.

"To lead them, you must be one of them"..."Live with them, as they live, work beside them, as they work, share their problems, as one of them and lead them by example, and be good at it."

IMHO.

2. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

How to convince people that what he's saying is real=)

lol   lol   lol   lol

2. underhiswings profile image61

No, He just spoke the truth and whoever believed in Him followed Him.
      Many are called and few are chosen.

3. tantrum profile image62
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Nothing.

4. tantrum profile image62
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

that if he was perfect...which he wasn't

So can you say where you find fault with The Messiah ?

5. repstrydiefly profile image65
    repstrydieflyposted 14 years ago

no human is perfect, but a good spokesperson can be looked upon by others as perfect. Maybe the people that wrote the Bible didn't see his flaws or maybe he didn't do nothing wrong around them. But I got another question, what does it take to be perfect?

Correct, no HUMAN is perfect. Messiah was not conceived by a man and woman coming together though, He was formed in the womb of a virgin by The Holy Spirit and thus the seed was not corrupted when conception took place.

Like Adam, He was formed and did not come to be by normal relations.
      He came in the form of humankind, but did not sin as we do.

The scriptures are transparent about the faults of the men and women who are written about and nobody is portrayed as being perfect besides Messiah. That is to say, nobody is said to have no sin or fault of wrong within them besides Messiah. All the people written about had faults and sins and did wrong, even though they strove to do righteously they still fell short of perfection and it is made clear in the accounts of them.

If Messiah had any faults, they would have been written. But as it is, even when He was taken before Herod and Pilate to answer the "charges" that were brought against Him, neither ruler could find fault with Messiah at all, so He was never convicted of anything, but crucified anyhow.

It is one thing to strive for righteousness and perfection and fall down and get up each time, it is quite another to not strive for it at all.

You asked "what does it take to be perfect?"

What do you think it takes ? Do you have an idea ? Opinion ?
      I could just give an answer, but usually people know what they want to hear and believe, rather than be honest. What is you take on your question ?

1. repstrydiefly profile image65
        repstrydieflyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you know that there wasn't sperm injected into an egg in the Virgin Mary? How do you know that her and Joseph weren't just playing around naked and some premature sperm spilled out on the vagina of Mary? The Bible says an angel came but how do you know angels aren't a figment of imagination coming from somebody's subconscious mind like wisdom, dreams, hallucinations, and daydreams? If it was from God why didn't he just put the baby in her arms instead of making her go through all the pain that normal HUMANS all have to go through when giving birth?

How do you know Jesus was watched and written about EVERYWHERE he went like a video camera was attached to his back? He could've been involved in witchcraft secretly and nobody would ever know, just like most of our government officials are involved in the Cult. Most people of our country don't know about that either. How do you know that he wasn't living a lie? The Bible we know today can't explain this. How do you know that Jesus was dead when he was on the cross? He could've been in a coma for three days and then woke up on his own, or even possibly been faking the death. Maybe his intuition was very developed that he could just not think about death at all and he would stay alive no matter what.

I believe perfect comes in time when somebody loves and respects everybody they see for who they are, no matter what they look like, or what they think about. And also that people find their inner feelings, passions, and interests and master them to the best of their ability. Then they will be "perfect" in their own way. Kind of like when people say Christ-like but referring to yourself to get the wisdom and make your choices from there. They might not be perfect on the outside of their body but they can definitely excel mentally and spiritually this way.

I'm not trying to bash on your belief but I like hearing people's opinions. Thank you for picking at my logic.

MIND OVER MATTER

6. retellect profile image72
    retellectposted 14 years ago

He had to learn the easiest way of convincing people that he's real and to give offerings! smile

He lived His life as an offering by example.

That is what an offering is, it is you !!

~pretty sure you were joking anyways~

7. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

Are you talking about Isaiah 7? Where it says "...before he learns to reject the wrong and choose the right"? That one has never been clear to me, it sounds like Isaiah's son since right in the next chapter, Isaiah goes and gets the prophetess pregnant and all those prophecies are fulfilled there. Except the whole virgin idea if it's virgin like we say today.

If it was meant to be about Jesus, I don't know why it's a problem, he wasn't all-knowing from birth. Even those who think he was the Almighty himself claim that he limited himself to normal humanity.

Anyone who knows history, was Jesus born in the right time frame for that prophecy? Before Assyria invaded (I think it said before)? I don't think so.

He said "I always do the things that please My Father"

So this was not something He learned as He always followed His Fathers lead.

8. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i thought he was teaching people not learning.

He did teach and He did learn.

To start with, He learned from His Father.

2. Make  Money profile image67
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.  Jesus came to teach and be the eternal Sacrifice for those that follow Him.

9. believeinhim profile image59
    believeinhimposted 14 years ago

The Savior was/is human.
    Praise our Lord and Savior,

believeinhim

He came in the likeness of humankind yes.
      He was without sin though.

He is The Lord God. The visible Image of an invisible GOD.

10. underhiswings profile image61
    underhiswingsposted 14 years ago

@ repstrydiefly

You asked a lot of "how do you know" questions.

Answer is:
    The Spirit of Messiah bears witness within my spirit and faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

My personal experience is that I have seen angels and seen Messiah and they are no figment of my imagination.

Perfection comes through obeying the voice of GOD.
    Being conformed to His image through the fellowship of His suffering.
    Being a living sacrifice, laying down my own life so that I can live HIS.    

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.     

I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.

Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

1. repstrydiefly profile image65
      repstrydieflyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I already have heard all this my whole life growing up. You just said the same things I said about perfection but added Jesus in it. Jesus may have lived but what does he have to do with me? He's dead now and I don't believe he is a Son of God. There are many people who have been like Jesus in portraying a "PERFECT" like appearance in their mind, body, and soul and maybe came here to change a couple things. I think Jesus gone too far. Anyways how could he have been a Messiah if he was a Jew, but in the bible it says not to gamble your worth. Jews gamble on certain holidays like the Menorah. Also Jews stole their symbol, the "North Star" or in other words and 6-point star that has 6 triangles around it with a 6-sided hexagram in the middle of it. Notice that adds up to 666, the number of the Beast or Antichrist. The Jews also stole other symbols and ways and ceremonies from the "Satan-worshipping" Pagans. So don't you think the "Son of God" would have came elsewhere instead of into a cult or witchcrafters or whatever? I do believe there is a Higher Power to be in contact with for your spirituality, but how do you even know what the Higher Power is, and just saying God of Love doesn't really explain nothing. So whatever this Higher Power is I will keep doing my best in life, no matter what, so I can find him either with soul or when I die.

I used to be a devout Christian like you. I read most of the bible, went to church weekly, and prayed all the time. But that still didn't change a thing in my life even after the angel came to my room at the age of 4. I wanted to learn more about this angel, or whatever it was. It was late at night, kind of like a nightmare or something. It said something to me but I was too young to understand. I don't think an angel would even try to come close to where I was at, that's why I believe it's a figment of my imagination, or just a dream. Where and when did you see the angels? and the Messiah? I am interested in hearing about it, honestly.

All growing up I was confused about life. I felt like it had no meaning, and I couldn't learn properly, because I spent most of my time trying to follow somebody's footsteps (Jesus's). God never put a truth in my head, but now I am finding so much stuff out about religion that I wish I would've known a long time ago. I don't think to be "mature" means to have faith in a human. There are too many religions that practice the same thing but a different story, and that's why there are so many conflicts in this world. Religion was started to bring the world together in love, not hate. So why does it just cause more hate every day? You can't get anywhere in this world, mentally, unless you open your mind to things that other people believe instead of being controlled by an organization.

Logan

11. heart4theword profile image60
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

Jesus the Messiah, had to be born into this world like you and I, had to experience pain and want like you and I.  He had to understand what it means to be tempted, to be hungry, to thirst and to have friends and loved ones turn on you.  He was God, Yet He was Man...THE GODMAN!  How better else can Jesus Relate to us, than to become one of us.   What an Awesome God, to want to relate to us on our level, to show us he understands:)

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!!!

2. mohitmisra profile image59

We are all gods is what Jesus taught man. smile

1. profile image0
        Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where do you find that in the scriptures?(BIBLE)

'Is it not written in your law [in Psalm 82:6], "I said, 'You are gods'"

In Psalm 82:6, from which Jesus quoted, God says to human beings: "I said, 'You are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High.'" The Hebrew word translated "gods" is elohim, which literally means "gods" or "mighty ones"—although it is often rendered as "God" (that is, the true God) in the Bible. That's because, although plural in form, the word elohim is often singular in usage.

"The kingdom of god is within " Jesus
          This implies to everyone and not only Jesus

This is also in the Holy Vedas" be still and know you are god"

1. profile image0

You`re taking Psalm 82:6 out of context.This does not say we`re gods in your use of the word.There is only one God.It makes no sense for everyone to evolve into a god.Once everyone became a god,there would be a universe full of gods.What would you become next?I don`t know what you label your religion but it sounds like you have some evolution mixed in there.It just makes no sense to me.

2. profile image0

You`re taking Psalm 82:6 out of context.This does not say we`re gods in your use of the word.There is only one God.It makes no sense for everyone to evolve into a god.Once everyone became a god,there would be a universe full of gods.What would you become next?I don`t know what you label your religion but it sounds like you have some evolution mixed in there.It just makes no sense to me.

So why would Jesus say "the kingdom of god is within".
              I am enlightened and understand god, I am not misleading you.

Hindu philosophy believes everyone has the potential to become Buddha or Christ and everyone will with time, it is inevitable.

"Everyone is a master or to be master" Guru Nanak.

If I am confused or mixed up then even Jesus, Buddha and Muhammad were confused and mixed up. smile

God is omnipresent, present everywhere , the basic fabric of not only humans but this entire cosmos is god.

12. pioneer_writer5 profile image58
    pioneer_writer5posted 14 years ago

I agree with Jesus having to learn obedience as a human being. When he was in heaven with his father, he suffered no hardship.
    Having experienced being a man and suffering at the hands of men He had the struggle of being obedient while in the human condition. Despite being perfect he was not immune to hunger, pain or sorrow. He made the ultimate sacrifice-his life. When he was in the Garden of Gethsemane, he knew what was going to happen to him and tried prepare his disciples. Being perfect did not make him any less concerned about his future. What being perfect did was make him totally responsible for every decision he made.

he knew what was going to happen to him and tried prepare his disciples.
      "Why have you forsaken me?" Jesus he never wanted to be crucified and neither understood why he should be crucified. He worked for god and couldn't understand gods plans at that moment.

What being perfect did was make him totally responsible for every decision he made.
      An enlightened one is referred to as a perfect master.This planet has seen many enlightened ones and will see many more smile

1. pioneer_writer5 profile image58

In Matthew chapter 16 verses 21-23,  Matthew states that Jesus knew he faced persecution and subsequent death.

Yes he knew he was going to be crucified but hoped god would save him. He asked god "why have you forsaken me ?"

1. heart4theword profile image60
            heart4thewordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes when Jesus said "Why Have You Forsaken Me", that was when The Spirit of God had to leave Jesus at that moment why He bore the sins of this world.  This was the first time that I know of that Jesus felt separated from the Spirit of His Father in Heaven.

The Spirit of God had to leave Jesus- you are the spirit , it never leaves you or anyone.

If he had taken all the sins of the world we wouldn't have wars, rape and murder going on. smile

I am sure there were many times Jesus felt separated from god , its normal.This is why masters try to meditate every single day, to keep that connection and throw out the ego which keeps accumulating. smile"

2. pioneer_writer5 profile image58

Because it God allowed him to feel the full brunt a excruciating death. It was also to fulfill what was written in Psalms 22:1

Yes it was destined but like I have mentioned before even the greatest of prophets do not know gods plans in totality, they don't know what is going to happen to their own lives.I may get shot by some fanatic, god knows.
              wink

1. pylos26 profile image70
                pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's called suicide.

No choice and an enlightened one is not afraid to die, his work is far more important than him. smile

2. pioneer_writer5 profile image58

So on my Medical directive or Proxy if I request that the plug be pulled if i am being kept alive by artificial means-is that considered suicide?

If I were faced with a life or death decision that could mean my death, but would save others and I choose to save the lives of others would you consider that suicide?

13. heart4theword profile image60
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

Even Lucifer (Satan) wanted to be like God, and wanted to be God.  We see where that got him.  Eve listened to Satan's lies in The Garden of Eden...above what God told her.  Satan spoke truth with just a little bit of a lie.  You were right when you say that there are many gods, we can choose which ever one we want.  But that does not mean people always choose the right one.  If Eve could be mis-led, and then Adam...(who talked with God, and heard His voice...) so can many of us.

You said:
    God is omnipresent, present everywhere , the basic fabric of not only humans but this entire cosmos is god. 

I believe this satement.  God is everywhere, and those who choose Him, there is a Spirit of God in them, but that does not make us or them gods.

After a person becomes a child of God (spiritually), they can be separted from God (spiritually), when they sin.  Just as Adam and Eve were separated from God spiritually when they sinned.  Even on the Cross, when Jesus bore the sins of the world, at that moment He was separted from God spiritually.

14. Messenger_of_god8 profile image60
    Messenger_of_god8posted 14 years ago

.i

15. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

He didn't have anything to learn. He came to teach.
    However he did have to put up with perfect people like you guys

16. Presigo profile image60
    Presigoposted 14 years ago

I am curious what need is served by tearing down the Lord ? Why do some feel the need to tear him down ? I mean if you dont believe or dont fear Him why bother to poke fun at Him ? If He was just a man born 2000 years ago then why bother ?

17. thesecondadvent profile image59
    thesecondadventposted 14 years ago

My Dear Sweet Friends,

Jesus was perfect in all ways.  Yet, there was one thing needful of him to learn, and that learning was only to be achieved by experience.  That is;  How to except an unjust execution without complaint.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Accepting the unjust execution without complaint was simply the means in which the redemption of mankind was to be accomplished.
         The book of HOSEA was an earlier example of the task that Jesus accepted. As HOSEA also redeamed his wayward wife.
        I think that Jesus knew full well every aspect of that task.

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.
        Christ had nothing to learn.
        Even at age 12 he said he was about his Father's business

1. thesecondadvent profile image59
          thesecondadventposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      2. thesecondadvent profile image59
        thesecondadventposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  18. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I think that Jesus always knew who he was. I would like to think that in his younger life that he was not burdened with all that he was to accomplish. His coming out, so to speak, at the temple when he was twelve might have had something to do with his coming to the age of accountability. There is not very much written about his life after this story (age 12) and his coming of age to become a priest or prophet (30) I have always imagined that it was during this time that he was becoming aware as to the full extent of his assignment. When he gathered his desciples he officialy accepted the role that he accepts.
       No proof of anything ;  just my feelings when I read the story.

19. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

All of the ancient religions and mythologies are actually veils for a profound and practical psychology. Thus, hidden in our most beautiful and crytic myths are eternal truths that can guide us towards the true goal of religion: religare, or union with truth. The path to accomplish this is through a deep knowledge of oneself.while we are bottled up in the mind, what can we know about the Truth?  Perhaps we know what other people say about the Truth.  But what do we know?  The important thing is not what other people say, but what we experience through ourselves
    When one knows the how and the why of the mind, when one knows the different functionalisms of the mind, then one can control it. Thus, the mind becomes a useful and perfect instrument through which we can work for the benefit of humanity
    It is very difficult for a man who returns home after having traversed the entire city to remember in detail all of his thoughts, ideas, incidents, things, etc. Upon trying to recall, he will discover huge gaps in his memory, which correspond precisely to the most profound states of sleep. To be conscious of oneself is something very difficult, but one can attain that state by learning to live alert and vigilant from moment to moment
    It is necessary to know that humanity lives with its consciousness asleep. People work asleep. People walk through the streets asleep. People live and die asleep. When we come to the conclusion that the entire world lives asleep, then we comprehend the necessity of awakening. We need the awakening of the consciousness. We want the awakening of the consciousness. Fascination The profound sleep in which humanity lives is caused by fascination. People are fascinated by everything in life
    The Four States of Consciousness
    The first state of consciousness is called Eikasia.
    The second state of consciousness is Pistis.
    The third state of consciousness is Dianoia.
    The fourth state of consciousness is Nous.
    Eikasia is ignorance, human cruelty, barbarism, exceedingly profound sleep, a brutal and instinctive world, an infra-human state.
    Pistis is the world of opinions and beliefs. Pistis is belief, prejudices, sectarianism, fanaticism, theories in which there does not exist any type of direct perception of the Truth. Pistis is that consciousness of the common level of humanity.
    Dianoia is the intellectual revision of beliefs, analysis, conceptual synthesis, cultural-intellectual consciousness, scientific thought etc. Dianoetic thought studies phenomena and establishes laws. Dianoetic thought studies the inductive and deductive systems with the purpose of using them in a profound and clear way.
    Nous is perfect awakened consciousness. Nous is the state of Turiya, profound perfect interior illumination. Nous is legitimate objective clairvoyance. Nous is intuition. Nous is the world of the divine archetypes. Noetic thought is synthetic, Clear, objective, illuminated.
    Whosoever reaches the heights of Noetic thought totally awakens consciousness and becomes a Turiya.
    The lowest part of man is irrational and subjective and is related with the five ordinary senses.
    The highest part of man is the world of intuition and objective spiritual consciousness. In the world of intuition, the archetypes of all things in nature develop.
    Only those who have penetrated into the world of objective intuition, only those who have reached the solemn heights of Noetic thought are truly awakened and illuminated.

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

GEE?
      Am I really like this???
      I didn't know how far I have come in life.
      Thanks.

20. Presigo profile image60
    Presigoposted 14 years ago

His mission was not to learn. His life, mission and purpose was to take on the cloak of humanity and conquer sin and its penalty.......death. Through His victory we have salvation, Amen !!

21. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I guess if he was perfect then he needed to learn imperfection! What better place than here on earth?

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would say this is pretty close to being right. Though he knows everything. He had to take on the body of a man and live like we do. He was tempted in all points as we are tempted.

22. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

A philosophy prof would ask you to define your terms before you begin a debate -- define "perfect"

23. profile image53
    Chief Apatheticposted 14 years ago

Jesus is strange.  Very strange.  A Prophet is strange.  Very strange.  A Prophet is the voice of God, but a Prophet is also an imperfect human being.  Jesus was/is Perfect. 

Jesus was lunking around Israel.  He started calling his disciples to teach them of the Kingdom of Heaven, that is not the world of man, this world.  He was also turning his disciples into "Wise Guys" by putting them onto the nature of human beings, and the world of man.

Jesus was calling them out of the world of man to the Kingdom.  Now Jesus was not teaching them Religion, nor did he give any indication he came to start a New Religion.  He told his disciples, that the Rabbi's just loved their titles, loved being seen in the market place, and loved being thought of as this thing,  Good.

Jesus said there is not even one who is this thing, Good, except that one who is God.   Because there is not even one who is this thing, Good, this world proceeds from beginning to end just like that.  Or in so many words,  God ushered in Creation & here we all are now, and what a mess.  So all this world will do is proceed to it's end. 

God in prophecy talks about the increase in knowledge but not in any good light at all.  So here we are the increase in knowledge fulfilled & being fulfilled just as God said these things would be fulfilled.

Close to the only way people could live without the increase of knowledge would have to lived like the Tribes of what is now America lived, as well as people in other lands lived upon the earth, but such living upon the earth is few and far between so here we all are now.

That's the only way the increase in knowledge would not have happened.

24. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

No human is perfect.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)