How do you dream?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey,

Do you dream in color or black and white?

Your thoughts?

1. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the ones I remember are in color and vivid, but I am sure I dream every night, just do not remember the dreams..
      many times my dreams that I do remember are reflections of the mood I was in that day and before I fell asleep...
      I have even had dreams where I I am trying to scream and can see myself , like Im dying..I always come out of it gasping for air and in a total panic...those do not happen often, but when they do its horrifying

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

both...sometimes with smell, taste, sounds and feeling....other times all wierd...
      do you think in words or random shapless emotional thoughts?

3. profile image57
      Abhishek9102posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dream in HD what about you?

2. pooja0908 profile image59
    pooja0908posted 14 years ago

Mostaly which are not related to reallity.

1. NewYorker profile image59
      NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All your dreams are related to reality. It's your imagination and your subconscious expressing itself. It's what you crave for, or what you're afraid of. It's all you want to do, and what you don't want in your life.

It's amazing, actually.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Thank you. smile

3. double_frick profile image59
      double_frickposted 14 years ago

i dream in 4d. smile

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it about describes my experience, too. Color of course smile

Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You just like following the woman's lead. lol big_smile wink

1. Misha profile image62
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's the only way to get to 4d tongue lol

2. Cagsil profile image70

Hmmm.....now you got me wondering?............what are you dreaming of? smile wink

1. double_frick profile image59
          double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what am i NOT dreaming of? ;P

Cool email me. I could use some good reading material. big_smile wink tongue

4. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

In color.

5. heart4theword profile image61
      heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

Also in color, I have heard some dream in black and white, but have never met anyone who dreamed this way!

6. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Important elements are in vivid color.  Other things in the dream often seem fades.  Still in color, but faded.

Hey Ivorwen, what's up? How are you doing? smile

1. Ivorwen profile image65
          Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Cagsil.  I'm doing good this morning, unlike last night.  smile

7. Ohma profile image59
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Color here too.

8. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 14 years ago

I know for a fact I dream in color. Lovely dreams, too.

9. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

I dream in color, and often my dreams are more visually vivid than real life.

10. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
      Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

I dream in color as well.

11. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years ago

In vivid bright colours!

12. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 14 years ago

Always in full color, sound, smell, etc...my dreams are so realistic that I'm always extremely confused for the first few seconds after I wake up, and occasionally have "woken up" several times before I'm awake for real. About the only way I can tell if I'm still asleep sometimes is if my own skin feels somewhat numb and tingly...really freaked me out when I pinched a nerve in my shoulder and had one hand feeling like that all the time for a while.

13. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years ago

I dream in vivid. Surround sound as well.

14. elayne001 profile image78
      elayne001posted 14 years ago

I dream in color and sometimes very detailed patterns. Wish I could stay longer and have a better look.

15. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Color...except on the rare occasion (never appreciated and earnestly avoided) when I've strayed into the lower astral hells or some such, full of giant rattlesnakes that swallow running puppies at a gulp and black as night.

No joke.

16. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

vividly

17. Sara Tonyn profile image60
      Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

In color. And if I'm on certain medication, they become Peter Max exhibits.

Also, I've always had lots of lucid dreams.

18. wrenfrost56 profile image56
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I dream frequently and vividly. Colour, sound, smell, touch the works. I often don't know when I am deaming because they are so real. I also sleep walk and sleep talk.

19. jayjay40 profile image68
      jayjay40posted 14 years ago

You've realy started me thinking, I'm not certain, I'll have to pay more attention the next time I dream

20. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I always dream in color. very rare if I dream in white and black.

1. NewYorker profile image59

Can people actually dream in black and white? I don't think that's ever happened to me..

1. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep it's really intersting like watching an old movie. I do like color better but once my dram does decide to switch to black and white it's a rare treat. Oh by the way Welcome to hubpages!

Ditto! smile

2. NewYorker profile image59

Thank you!

2. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i do sometimes...or orange and blue....

21. Ladybird33 profile image66
      Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I dream in color, so realistic sometimes it scares me.  great question!

Thank you Ladybird. smile How are you today? smile

22. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Full on colour, though I musn't have legs as I can never run from the baddys, however sometimes I have fly so that comes in handy.

23. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 14 years ago

I dream in color smile

24. Mike Lickteig profile image76
      Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

blu-ray

1. profile image57
        Abhishek9102posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha ha! nice one but where's your optical drive?

25. Cagsil profile image70

Thank you everyone for sharing. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)