Will any reasonable person admit that .....

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (136 posts)
  1. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

You're entitled to believe whatever you want to believe.

1. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure, as long as those beliefs don't affect my life. No one cares if you want to be deluded, just don't make your delusions our reality.

manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Q...How do you know what I believe...so that it is deluded?

1. profile image53

I'm not saying YOU, personally.

Oh...OK...my bad...though I liked the way I worded that question response...I must say!

2. Jerami profile image57
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It seems that some people think that expressing your beliefs are not appreciated unless it is like theirs.
          Expressing your thoughts should not be comparable to a weight lifting contest, where  squashing the "OPONENT" and winning at all cost is the prime objective.
          What ever happened to sharing ideas in a friendly fashion.
      A conversation requires both people to listen.

Jerami: We have a winner folks! Well said!

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That Is good for then whether you are a Son "Of  God" or "son of "no god" it is your own decision and by it you live or you die.

Perfect, every one receiving what is due to himself and satisfied.

Pretty much...only with a whole lot more wisdom required of each person. (If I had to add my own opinion...which I just did...Whoops!)

4. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Manly !! big_smile
      I believe in ME.

and sometimes, I believe in other people...but not for more that 15 min.
      lol

That's probably not a bad philosophy...especially for you...Ha! lol

5. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I agree. The problems arise when people hold a belief that involves telling some one else what to do.

So - you believe in an invisible super being who created the earth. Fine - no problem.

Now you decide that you need to build a public monument to that super being, claim tax-free status and preach the word of the invisible super being using bill boards.

You also decide that the said super being has some strong thoughts on certain subjects and feel the need to pressure the politicians to change the laws of the land to match what the super being tells you is "right."

See how this belief that you are perfectly entitled to starts to encroach on other people?

I don't care what you believe - and if you had a reasonable belief system - I would never know what you believe. (generic you)

But people like to join clubs and congratulate each other on their beliefs system and call them "churches," and manipulate other people into joining this club.

If people kept their beliefs to themselves - there would never be an issue.

You make a valid point...but are not...at least in the U.S....all beliefs allowed a tax-exemption status...and to build whatever building they want? I'm just saying. Maybe the one with the "Super-being" have been busier...more than the other beliefs? Anyways...who really wins in a challenge of ANYONES beliefs...? I agree with you and what you said: "Yes. I agree. The problems arise when people hold a belief that involves telling some one else what to do." Here in lies the real problem...People on all sides seem to have to impose their beliefs...Some like to argue for their side...some have interpreted through their own studies and preaching that they are to be "enthuisiastic" in their approach...and still some beliefs...feel like they have to cram a 747 into where you live and work...to get the message...Wow...is this a crazy planet...or what?

2. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So what you really do not like is freedom. Billboards effect you how? A tax free institution effects you how? You want to control the actions of others while whining they want to control you, hypocrite!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

I am not trying to control anyone. Just explaining where the conflict comes from. I believe you should have the freedom to do whatever you like - as long as it does not interfere with me.

And I am the one gets to decide if you are interfering with me. wink

Mark...Question arises...Then wouldn't each person get to decide what interferes with each person? Just saying...that puts as back to square one...at some point...we just have to accept that people are going to think...what people are going to think!

2. profile image0

Fine, how do those things effect you? I understand and agree that those who are full of the "Holy Ghost" tend to be a little on the aggravating side, but whats the point in belittling their beliefs, it wont change them and you would have a lot more free time.

Well, if everyone thought like that - we would all be speaking Latin and fearing for our lives if we dared to suggest that Jesus is not the son of god, but actually just another prophet. wink

I am nearly done with them anyway. I am writing a book and they have provided some valuable input.

1. profile image0

But we DON'T all think like that do we?

No. big_smile

6. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

cool. smile thanks. so are you.

See...wasn't that simple?

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, I am a simple girl. I skipped the whole rest of this thread, Im sure I know whats in it.  Im outta here now, just wanted to say...I believe what I believe. It is interesting to me to learn others beliefs, but I will most likely not change my view, and I have no intention of changing anyone else. I hope everybody has a nice day.  see ya manly.  smile

See ya' Justine...Well said, BTW...!

7. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I expanded the original post sentiments to something as common as Tshirts. Maybe if you read it like this you'll get it:
      Will any reasonable person admit that ...You're entitled to believe whatever you want to believe (even print it on a shirt).
      Holly

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What size T-shirt?

8. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True live and let live Mahavira.

9. twuxedo profile image59
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am reasonable, one thing I have noticed is that non- religious Folk don't bother religious folks to make the change.
      Well maybe on these pages, but in reality, Doesn't work virse versa.

10. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

without any doubt. big_smile

2. profile image49
    The Paulposted 14 years ago

If you don't like having your beliefs challenged, don't go to a place where you know they will be challenged.

It's just that simple.

If you don't like people writing whatever they feel like writing...then don't visit a place where they will write whatever they feel like writing!

1. profile image49
        The Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You misinterpret.  I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed.  I'm saying it's stupid and in your own interests, stop doing it.

Like, if you want to punch yourself in the nose there's no rule that says you can't, but it does make you a moron if you do it.

Hey...the Paul....you have your opinion...and you can follow it...I'll be my own judge of what I think makes me a moron...I've been making moronic choices...for a long time now, thank you...and I don't need no help from anyone...in that category!

1. profile image49

Well really this whole topic is a lie. 

"Who will accept that each person can have their own beliefs?" 

Just about everyone. 

It's like making a thread demanding people assent the sky is blue.  You're going to get less agreement than you might think because it's such an obvious point that its meaningless, and much more likely to draw attention is your implied accusation that the rest of us think the sky is red.

There are no discussions where people are arguing others shouldn't be allowed to believe things.  What there's plenty of is people disagreeing with one another's beliefs and trying to convince the other person that they are wrong.  That's the opposite of the accusation you're laying down, it's a tacit admission that people have the right to believe however they like and the only way it's going to change is if they're presented with ideas or information outside their current system of belief.  Not by attempting to deny them the right to those beliefs.

There is no denial of people's right to believe.  What you're complaining about is the free exchange of beliefs. 

And you've stepped into a great big exchange of beliefs to do it.

So, y'know, pretty dumb.

Now...the truth comes out...When I make a comment that you want to contest...that means I'm complaining...right? You got'ta a pretty big axe to grind don't you? I can just feel the anger...in ya'...Come on...give it your best swing. Guarantee...when you're through with your comment...I'll still be going "Huh" "What'd he mean by that?"?...What else ya' got...besides "pretty dumb', "moronic", and "cannibalism" ?

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
                Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

I couldn't help it. It was funny.

2. profile image49

It's not that you're complaining.  Everyone complains.  It's that you're complaining that other people are daring to communicate ideas you don't agree with. 

Not that they've drawn those ideas from shaky grounds, not that you think those ideas are harmful, not that you think those ideas are simply wrong, you're complaining that they're communicating them at all.

On one hand, it's perfectly obvious that your complaint is going to do nothing more than stir up more of the thing you're complaining about.  "Man, I sure hate it when bees sting me!  I'm going to walk a mile to the nearest beehive and punch it so they get the message!"

On the other hand, it's hypocritical.  If you'd prefer everyone keep their thoughts to themselves, why not lead by example and shut up?

2. Jerami profile image57
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like saying;  do not plan on a picnic unless you want flies landing on your potato salad and ants in the bread.

3. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

I believe that people have the right to believe what they want to believe. I also know (from experience) that you should be prepared for other people to challenge your beliefs, especially if they go against the "norm" of society.

Really...? I don't see this question as having anything to do with challenges...yet the first two responses were exactly about that.

I see this as a counter to another thread that asks people to admit their believes are wrong...and they don't know what they are talking about! Why should it matter what someone believes...unless their beliefs bother you.

2. manlypoetryman profile image82

What is the current "norm"of society, my friend...I'm just asking?

1. profile image0
        Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a good question. The "norm" of society differs for many people, depending what society you live in. However, if you believe something different, people WILL challenge you.

For instance, in the United States, Christianity would be considered the "normal" religion. I'm a Wiccan and I am challenged almost daily to defend my religion.

The way I see it is, if you TRULY believe something, you should be able to defend your beliefs to anyone who may want to challenge you. You don't have to, but you should be ABLE to without using quotes from religious texts. Even if it is just a simple, "Because that's what I believe," you are defending your right to believe what you believe.

Ah, sounded so much better in my head than when I actually typed it out. big_smile

No...it is a good answer...after all it is what you believe...Right? As far as quoting religious texts: Christians are taught to seek their answers...and to stand for their beliefs...through scripture....ie: Bible. So...the reason I tell you this is...so that you will know: That they will always defend their beliefs by quoting the Bible.

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I don't think you'll get all excited if I choose to believe that you are a morally blind idiot? And start to let you know this on any occasion?

No, I don't believe into that LOL, but our christian friends seem to hold exactly this believe about any non-christian, and many of them behave exactly like that here on HP. smile

Tis' a sad way to get your point across...I understand the enthusiasm...just not the approach...? sad

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, I don't think there was any enthusiasm there. Tiredness rather... hence the approach... smile

5. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Wasn't this for reasonable people?

True...how true!

6. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Manly,

I definitely believe that you are entitled to believe whatever you want to believe.  Of course there are other people who will make fun of what you believe but so what.

Hey...FK...I don't mind the ridicule...for 99% of the time...I stay out of the Religion Forum...because...what I don't understand...is the not understanding...that folks beliefs are just going to be different. (Period) That's just how it is...folks. You ain't going to win no battle 'round here!

Think I spent thirty years thinking one way for nuthin'...and have some smart alec...who is going to walk up with all the answers that will change my thinkin'...Ha! Again...I say...Ha!

1. profile image53

That would only demonstrate your not open to others way of thinking, hence you contradict yourself by making this thread.

Whoops...Life is a contradiction, Q!

1. profile image53

No, it isn't. People who believe in the invisible and undetectable based on past myths and superstitions is what is contradictory to life.

I can hold up an apple and one may believe it to be a banana despite the fact that it is an apple.

That is the contradiction of peoples beliefs. How it is supposed to be of value to that person is beyond understanding.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67

True, there are people where it is not enough to disagree with you, they intentionally try to hit a nerve by disparaging your belief.  The only thing I can say is that those people are so threatened by your belief that they do it in an effort to silence you or discredit you.  Either way, the effect that they want is for you to retreat.  The only thing I can say is don't let them get to you.  I know that you are a lovely man.

Thank you...Gosh...Shucks...As usual your writings exudes your own amazing wisdom...I am constantly astonished by your wit in how you get your point across...! Thanks for that...If only folks could see that the "bashing" of a nerve...ain't doing anything for either side! As for me..."retreating"...is never an option...Ha smile ! "Retreat H_ll...We are just fighting in a different direction" (a rough quote from some of our servicemen during the escape from the Chosin Reservoir, Korean War)

I am blushing but I sure do have a big smile on my face.

Now back to a different direction!!!

7. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

MR Mark Knowles

as if you dont know how society works, why do you think for many centuries people believe in the church, there must be something in the people not the church??? it is their belief and they are the majority,and they are free to voice their opinion, and so yours

Do you always feel being threatened, or it is you who want to change believer, Get over it MR MARK KNOWLES, like manlypoetryman said, nobody can change your belief, not at the point that you are already old

fighting the church is liking fighting a DRACONIAN, its a system you are fighting

1. profile image53

We can say the same thing about cannibalism and the tribes who practiced it for centuries.

The thing about cannibalism...is it really hasn't taken on...so how is it relevant...? Just not sure how this makes your point...?

1. profile image0

My wife says I'm a cannibal! wink

"Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk"...Who was it that posted "Mustache Rides"...a few days back?

1. profile image0

Wasn't me.

2. alexandriaruthk profile image70
            alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you eat it RAW??

1. profile image0

I like it pink on the inside

1. alexandriaruthk profile image70

GOOD

2. profile image53

*sigh*

People practiced cannibalism for centuries. It was their belief.

Is it still practiced today? Why not?

8. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

I came across this quote somewhere :

"I guess it's only natural for inferior beings to ride on the coattails of their superior counterparts. If they wish to keep their lives, they have no choice but to obediently comply. It's a never ending chain... as the ones who are burdened with that trust, in order to escape that burden, seek to find someone even greater than themselves. These greater beings then seek others even greater than themselves to shelter them. This is how Gods are born"

is this the search for the truth?

is this inevitable?

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes and No

Do you think people someday will have to stop believing and the church will crumble like the ROMAN EMPIRE? or communism??

Yes, those who seek rational answer do need to stop believing. But i don't want church to crumble cause not all people can handle the emptiness, some are just going to follow and they should follow as that is the best thing for their life.

Does church create order then, and it is needed by the society and people?

Church does many times in past. Whether it is needed by the society is different story.

I think religion or some system is needed by the society to have order of some sort

No. People were living peacefully before religions. Why they can't now ? System to maintain society is needed but not religion. It has flaws.

2. profile image53

The modern religions of today simply replaced other religions. Most likely, if people don't educate themselves, some new ones will come along and replace those, too.

So it means the search of people and society for truth will go beyond and beyond because people need soemthing organized to believe in???

1. profile image53

Only if they decide not to educate themselves, yes.

9. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Will any reasonable person admit that......?

Your OP is about believing what you want to believe. This can and done by every person on Earth or walks Earth.

We all form our beliefs, based on knowledge, experience and other influences, so as to understand the meaning of our own life.

However, your beliefs are validated to yourself and those who you agree with. And, on other side of your belief, could be truth about life, for which, isn't known by some who form their beliefs.

Once, you form a belief it is reinforced by your faith in yourself to discern the truth. However, should you form a belief based on insufficient knowledge about the topic of your belief, and then openly share you belief with others, it will be challenged, should it be formed incorrectly or not based on facts/truth already known about life.

Just a thought. smile

Hey Cagsil...its' a good thought!

it will be challenged because every person has its own belief system

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's challenged due to a lack of knowledge. smile

10. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I believe that I will believe in what I believe.

I believe...you got it!

11. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I like the group Fine Young Cannibals.

12. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Why do people care what others believe - as long as it doesn't hurt anyone?

1. profile image0

Wise words

2. profile image53

And, when it does hurt others, what then?

*sigh* Doesn't cannibalism...hurt others...or am I still missing your point...whatever it was you were trying to point out by referring to cannibilism...?

1. profile image53

Yes, it does. That IS the point.

Huh?...Ok...I'm going to have read that whole cannibalism point you made again...but anyways...what's important is what you believe...after evaluating within yourself...that it is a wise choice in which to believe...that is what I believe...and that Is my point!

13. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

The Paul: You're pretty dang intelligent...aren't ya'?

Gosh Darn...You sure have very odd comparisons...Who is going to punch a beehive? That would be "pretty dumb". You could use some lightening up. You sure make a lot of generalizations about my ideas...when I am not sure if I have ever clearly communicated what those ideas are on any forums...let alone on this thread. You are out of context...again.

This is the means to the point of interaction I started on this thread:

"You're entitled to believe whatever you want to believe"

That is all...no more...no less...that doesn't entitle you to ramble on about "my beliefs" and what I think others should be...and it "dang" sure don't mean...you get the last word in on what my beliefs are...the Paul. Why don't you go troll someone else for awhile...I'm trying to get to my special happy place...on the forums...where everything is peaceful...and happy...and we all get along! Ta-Ta and Toodle-lee-doo for now, my friend!

1. profile image49

Right.  But like I already explained, everyone already knows that.  It's as if you came along and declared the sky is blue.  There's no point in even discussing it in and of itself.

But...the sky IS blue! hmm

Sure it is. wink

Seriously though - you seem to be under the impression that people are trying to stop other people believing whatever they want. This is not the case at all.

You believe whatever you like. Tell me about it and I might make fun of you though. Most "beliefs" - and I am not including scientific "beliefs" that are proven to exist - belong in your head.

And no where else.

You want to believe in an invisible super being - that is your total and utter right. And I do not think I could take that away from you if I wanted to.

You want to stand on a street corner preaching about what He wants me to do and I am going to make fun of you and tell you where you can stick your ridiculous beliefs. wink

And I...you! wink But...love the honesty!

But don't make fun of him too Fair enough

14. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Everyone is entitled to believe what they want, regardless of whether or not it's right or wrong, provided they don't hurt others.

And they are entitled to share it or keep it to themselves as they see fit, as free expression is part of our basic human and civil rights.

You go, Valerie...your on a roll...Keep it going!

15. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

And exactly what does anyone hope to accomplish by ridiculing people on the basis of their beliefs- other than insulting and bullying them into silence?

AMEN!

What is wrong with bullying them into silence? That is how the christian religion was spread across the globe.

Now it is not OK any more?

Oh - you mean not OK to bully christians who have been doing it for thousands of years and have finally lost their power? OK - gotcha. wink

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image49

Ah, the double standard of religion.

You're free to make whatever declarations and impossible claims of knowledge you like, but when someone criticizes all the noise you make they must be doing it because they hate freedom.

Freedom of speech means you get to say stuff.  It doesn't mean anyone else has to agree with you.

1. Valerie F profile image60
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never said anyone had to agree with me. I very highly respect the right to disagree. I have zero respect for cheap ridicule or bullying, however.

1. profile image49

Sometimes you deserve a thoughtful treatment of your philosophy.  Sometimes you deserve cheap ridicule. 

It's that whole freedom of speech thing that religious people seem to think only flows one way.  You're free to say stupid things and I'm free to ridicule you for it when you do.

And there it is.

2. Valerie F profile image60

Classic use of the blanket generalization. On this board, we have an atheist who would like t o censor church bells and courteous reactions to sneezes.

1. profile image49

In all the religious debates I have participated in, online or with people I actually know, I have seen that accusation made probably a hundred times and have seen an atheist actually call for that kind of censorship once.  And when he did he was immediately jumped on and ridiculed for his stupidity by more or less the entire predominately atheist online community where he made the claim.

I see plenty of examples of Christians interpreting freedom of belief as freedom to agree with them, but this thing about atheists wanting to curtail your freedoms is just a myth.

16. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

What a stale world if we didn't have our own beliefs.......

17. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Mark brought up a good point pertaining to a Christian preaching on a street corner about how others should believe, etc. I do have mixed feelings about that method of sharing anything be it the gospel, save the dolphins, etc.
      But what if you walk past someone wearing a shirt saying "Jesus saves" ? Does that give an athiest the right to stop them to lecture and ridicule them? Do you simply let the believer be? On hubpages the passerby would make a complete mockery of the believer just for kicks.Hopefully in real life they would just walk by respectfully.
    And no, I don't flip out seeing a spaghetti monster shirt. Holly

18. profile image49
    The Paulposted 14 years ago

What if someone walks around with a shirt that says "There is no God."?

I've seen people do it on occasion.  It's generally poorly received.  Often the people nearby won't confront them about it, acting under the impression the person is a dangerous sociopath, but they whisper back and forth about how terrible it is to wear something so offensive.

And yet if someone wears a shirt with a message along the lines of "No one comes to the Father except through me," not only is that an equally strong message, it's just as much an attack on non-Christian theistic religions as the first shirt is.  But everyone's cool with it for some reason.

Sooner or later someone works themselves up and does confront the person wearing the first shirt.  If that's acceptable why should the person wearing the second shirt be exempt?

1. marinealways24 profile image60
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Maybe if people worried about themselves more and stopped worrying about what kind of shirt someone else is wearing, no one would complain about what shirt the other is wearing.

19. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Oddly enough......

The Catholic church in Rome and Vienna managed to get the Atheist "There's probably no god" bus campaign stopped, there were fights in Spain over it and the American organiser has recieved death threats.

http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtop … mp;start=0

The australian religionists managed to get it banned as well.

http://www.atheistbus.org.uk/371/

But "Jesus Saves" is acceptable it seems.

1. marinealways24 profile image60
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus is a separatist.

2. profile image49

What more, it was originally modified from "There is no God," to "There's probably no God," because without the "probably," the original run wouldn't have been allowed.

Can you imagine if religious groups were required to include a "probably," in all their declarations before they could air them in public space?

20. Happyontheinside profile image72
    Happyontheinsideposted 14 years ago

Anyone should be able to believe what they like. Faith is a deeply personal thing and who are we to question it in others? Especially when it brings peace and comfort to them...To take that away from someone is just cruel.

21. h.a.borcich profile image60

I was trying to point out the difference as I see it when someone has a personal belief in plain view vs imposing that belief on others. Out in the world vs on hubpages.
      If my shirt says I believe, and someone else's shirt says he doesn't...it poses no problem for me. I think we can all express a belief on a shirt without having to attack anyone who is different. I don't know why someone else's belief simply being should bother me. And if I can afford that courtesy, why is it not returned?
      Of course there are those who would take what is reasonable to display to extemes.
      I do read many threads about things I don't believe in on hp. Sometimes I think it is laughable, sometimes infuriating, but I don't barge in mocking. Sometimes common courtesy is best and should be exercised more.
      Enjoying the thread, Holly

1. profile image49

Wearing your beliefs on a shirt isn't silently holding them, though.  It's blatantly declaring them to everyone who sees you.  If someone challenges you on the beliefs your shirt declares, and you find yourself wishing they would just keep it to themselves, remember that you didn't.

1. Valerie F profile image60

There is a difference between challenging and bashing, however.

1. mohitmisra profile image60

True and intelligent debate is a pleasure  the way of scholars.

2. profile image49

But sometimes a bunch of people get together and claim that a kid who didn't eat his communion wafer properly has committed an act of terrorism, then engage in a letter writing campaign to have the "terrorist" expelled from university.

In instances like this all they deserve is bashing.  Why would anyone make a rational argument against that?  Those people abandoned rational, the only possible way to challenge them is to let them know their stupidity and intolerance is going to meet more of the same and hope that shakes something loose.

That's an extreme example, but the principle comes up.  Sometimes people are just being out-and-out assholes, and they need a metaphorical slap in the face because they're not going to listen to a nice, rational discussion of why what they're doing is wrong.  Religious people aren't an exception.

That is definitely an extreme example...but it does illustrate an ability to express oneself in the written word...which BTW...how about a Hub on your thoughts. I get the whole Hub Pages Forums are fun thing...but you can't write 100 plus words in a form of Hub...on Hub Pages...where everyone else is writing Hubs?

That's like showing up to the Drag Races...to race...without a car (an extreme example).

22. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

It's the enlightened progressives(atheists and liberals) that need to be curbed! All they want is a fight and lets face it theres a whole lot more evidence to support Jesus than there is to denounce him. We all have "Free Agency" do with yours as you see fit and leave the others to theirs. Lifes tough enough without people piling on, ask but be respectful.big_smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60

True they are only  looking for  a fight, answer their question and they just abuse you and then they talk about intelligent debating.

Some  are more open minded and one can debate with them but some are just ridiculous.

23. h.a.borcich profile image60

That is beyond funny!

What exactly would one have to do to hold their beliefs silent? Maybe hide in seclusion? In this day and age where people are free to "be who they are" and express themselves, they do it prolifically. A Tshirt is hardly screaming!
    The "tolerance" is missing. How strange is that?
    I will wear what I want on my Tshirt...You wear what you want on your Tshirt. Isn't that freedom for beliefs? Holly

1. profile image49

Oh, look, a post from a Christian that reveals they didn't actually read what they're responding to.

24. profile image54
    probafixposted 14 years ago

no person will admit soon

so just live the life without any worry

25. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I like to think he has another account where he writes hubs.
    If not, I don't see what he's doing on a writing site.

I just wanted to point that out...since this one likes to bring up "new facets" of generalizations with every rebuttal...into a somewhat simple and general discussion...I thought this would be an interesting generalization...too. But...I also kid...a liitle.

How ya' doing this fine day, T?

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm fine !!
        Posting some before going out ! big_smile
        interesting thread !

cool Why Thank you....Have a good one (day)!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)