My view on people using the bible as an attack on homosexuality?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (207 posts)
  1. calpol25 profile image60
    calpol25posted 14 years ago

First of all we are all entitled to our beliefs and opinions and this example is not a mockery or twisted version of the truth it is what it says. Many bigoted people will try to throw the bible at you as a weapon of attack, well this is not what the bible is for it is not a weapon, it is the book of Christianity which is a  religion of peace and therefore should not hurt you in any way.
    People may say to you:

·  God did not create Adam and Steve
    ·  You will burn in hell
    ·  Demon of Hell

And many other words of hatred like the above mentioned.

They are right about the first point god did not create adam and steve,  in fact he created adam and eve and if you know your bible, eve was created from the rib of adam.
    However though they attack us with bible references their is one they should know that I always reply with and that is what Jesus said â��let he who is without sin cast the first stone.â�� This was when the towns people were going to stone mary magdoline for being a woman of the evening and Jesus stopped her wrongful persecution.   
    To this quote there is no one on this planet that has not done a sin at any one time so therefore they can not cast any stone upon you or judge you and are no better or worse than you. So don�t listen to any attack that they may use against you from the bible that is not what it is for remember it is not a weapon to make you afraid, it is a religion of peace and prosperity and any attack used from the bible is wrong

1. Valerie F profile image61
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the Bible didn't say they were going to stone Mary Magdalene. Nor did the Bible say she was a woman of ill repute. What little the Bible says about her was that she had been healed of a demonic possession and was a witness to Jesus' resurrection.

The woman about to be stoned was caught in adultery.

The Bible also didn't say her punishment was necessarily a wrongful punishment. She did not deny she'd sinned. Jesus didn't deny that she deserved the punishment for her sins. The whole point was about the power of forgiveness, and that sinners do not have the moral authority or the right to punish people for equal or lesser sins.

Now in my experience, the loudest and most obnoxious homophobes I had the dubious pleasure of meeting weren't Christian at all, so John chapter 8 would fly right over their heads.

1. profile image51
        brianv82002posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, most of the most offensive and/or dangerous biggots are straight men who are afraid of what they do not understand.Some of them even have wondered what it's like to be with another male and it scared them so they feel more masculine if they attack a homosexual.At least that is my experience.

2. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are correct the Bible is not a weapon to make anyone fear anything it is a religion of peace and prosperity God created man and woman , you are also correct others should not judge in my eyes God created all of us in his own image so he certainly did not create garbage.smile

calpol25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I believe we are all equal in gods eyes and we are all created in his image but he did say judge not less ye be judged..... forgot the rest but you see what I mean. x

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tell that to God and see what He says.
      He's the God who holds EVERYONE responsible for their sins against Him, including His people if they don't repent.
      We're all under the same Judgement, His righteous Judgement.

...There are a few things you leave out of your article here....

One is that God is a God of both Love and war.
      Another is that there IS a righteous judgement that His followers have access to and the authority to use!
      Another is that it's usually NOT hatred that compells Christians to warn people about homosexuality and other sins;  it's a burden for their souls, the "Great Commission",  along with the natural and Spiritual inclination to shelter innocents from the wiles of the Devil.
      Speaking the Truth about sin is about Love, no matter whether it's handed out in gentleness or in a challenging way.
      What mature person wants to be condescended to?   I'd think they'd want someone to treat them like adults, not ignore their inclination for disaster.

To defect others, and to deflect from, the right to the left is the intent of the Devil's advocates.

To affect others, and deflect from, the left to the right is the way of conversion, the way of God's people.   Different Christians have differing ways of putting their personalities to work for God, too.  Some of us are good at speaking boldly; others are better at being meek......
      I'm meek before God,  but often bold about telling the Truth of the Word to people.
      Many times the response has been (similar to your intent, I assume) that one "catches more flies with honey"............
      The only problem with that is that Christians aren't trying to "catch flies";  we're fishing for men's souls, as we're told to do.  It's serious business.

You are right and I respect your beliefs just as I respect everyone elses but I heard this dont know if its relevant but "love the sinner not the sin." dont know who said it but hope it is relevant.
        Im not perfect and I will answer to my maker just as everyone else will on judgement day but my god he has some explaining to do, why I and millions of others have had to go through all the persecution and hell just to get to where I am now, Im not moaning though it made me a better person for it. x

1. tantrum profile image61
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

were this come from ??
          we're shopping, man !!

lol

1. blondepoet profile image67
            blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes today there will be no persecution but electecution when when we get tangled up in the cords all together all trying to get on the electric massage chair in A-Mart

2. Hokey profile image60
          Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In Buddhism it says attack the act not the person

3. profile image51
          brianv82002posted 14 years agoin reply to this

God cannot be blamed for the persecution of gays, that is a societal flaw acted out upon by imperfect human beings.Alot  of society has it's view of gays spoiled by bad apples in the bunch.A few gay people have done bad things and that is brought to the forefront in the minds of the general public and they assume we are all perverts and child molesters.The truth is 95 per cent of us are highly sensitive and loving,talented people who throw great parties and live in clean, quaint houses and would never grab a straight guys behind or hurt a child.

4. brimancandy profile image79
      brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow colpol25, you have quite a gay hubpage collection. That takes some guts. Hope you do well with tem. I'll have to read some of them sometime.

As for people using the bible to attack. The most hardcore bible thumpers will attack any group that they believe is leading the world to God's wrath. We get that it is a sin, yet they believe that yelling at us and threateng us is somehow going to change us overnite. And, not because they want us to change, it is more of a selfish need to change those who they feel are bringing about the end of the world, and how will effect them personally.
      They could give a crap less about anyone else.

It is those people who are are going to bring about the end of the world, not the ones who are sinning. because they have been known to resort to violence when they don't get their way, and, those who do not think the way that they do are dammed to hell. That is just how they are. They even bombed abortion clinics, in an attempt to kill doctors that might be performing abortions. Where is the right to life in that?

Not only are you killing the doctors, you are killing the mothers, and the very future child you claim you are trying to protect. Someone is just waiting to justify this crap. Some of us really love putting them in their place, and I am one of them.

A guy once told me that Jesus gave me a home. And, I said, yeah well he's late with his half of the rent! So get lost until you find him.

I instantly agree with you, x\

I love to put people in their place as well, not deliberately but if i believe something has to be said then i will say it.

I hope you do read some of my work, I like yours too so will be reading them, please do leave me some comments though a lot of people are frightened too x

2. profile image0

This I don't quite understand.
        You think Bible thumpers are trying to make everyone straighten up so that God won't destroy the world?

....Christians know God's gonna destroy the earth no matter what.....It's written and we believe it.

Christians care about people's souls, where they're gonna be for eternity.   Even if and when we have to pray for Love for those who are the enemies of God, we care about their souls.

5. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People are just plain mean. 

You are absolutely right.  The bible should never be used as a weapon, or a tool for hate.  However, it is.  Maybe if there were more strong,  vibrant young people, like yourself out there and not like Tim Teebow, the world could be a difference place.

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

If you actually type it instead of pasting, strange characters will go away smile

3. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol
    strange!
    Is he speaking in tongues ? yikes

lol

1. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tantrum, thats you in your avatar, right? *drools*

big_smile

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You always have an option of posting even more open pic of yourself wink

lol
          I like to see myself in pieces

1. Misha profile image64

I noticed. Quite nice pieces I say smile

thanks !
              big_smile

1. Misha profile image64

My pleasure smile

2. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmm, Wilma flintstone meets Russian designer meets LA Ink.
            berry, berry in-teresting tongue

2. tantrum profile image61

Just a piece.
        the head comes next time
        lol

4. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

I like cut and paste...sad

5. drej2522 profile image69

I love the artwork too, tantrum...what is the tattoo of?

2 tribal dragons.

1. drej2522 profile image69
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

cool babe..lovely..and hot, of course smile

2. Mamelody profile image61
        Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dear god woman make up your mind! first, you're leopard with human tits who has an addition of guy parts, now you're a dragon?? Are you creating a new species?? lol lol lol

don't tell anybody. I'm a reptilian !
          big_smile

2. blondepoet profile image67

haha I added the male bit you added the dragon, imagine what we could invent in our lab of 'human inventions'

1. Hokey profile image60

People just need to relax and love each other. You might think that sounds sappy but it is what I truly believe.

and that is what we're doing here !  lol

That is the most encouraging thing that has been said all day. I second that motion.

And where is it? I'm trying to look through my magnifying glass to suss this all out lol.

hi blonde !!! big_smile

Hey Tantrum I still don't know whether that is a fur coat on a arm or that is a cleavage side on, please can you give me navigations smile

An arm !!???

I'm not that fat !!
            that's my whole body !

lol lol lol

hahahaha...that would be one meaty arm. smile

Holy smoke hahah I must be blind it is still not clear at all, are your legs in there...hold on one minute if I look hard enough it may all come together....it is like having a cool puzzle to do on a rainy Sunday morn..brb

Take your time !
                or by another pair of glasses
                lol

Hahaha I'm so glad your patient I'm getting my flatmate to come and have a look....it is going to fit together any sec.

6. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Hi guys how u going?
    To calpol25 if you are talking about the persecution of homosexuals I don't have a problem with gays,some of the closest people I know are gay, and they are some of the nicest people you could hope to meet.
    Plus I love having a few male gay friends too, they adore shopping with me more than no other bloke ever did smile

1. Misha profile image64

Hi Deb. Are you sure?! yikes

I'm positive Misha ...I don't believe they should be persecuted...and plus its fun to have someone to try makeup on with downtown..

1. Misha profile image64

LOL I know you don't, but this did not sound like this smile

I believe Misha was poking fun at your writing skills, blonde. big_smile

LMAO everything is flying over my head this morn......oh you guys must thingk I'm a complete twit. I have to disagree though I would say I'm at 75%,.....only on a Sunday though.

1. Misha profile image64

Nah, you are pretty blonde tongue

2. drej2522 profile image69

You're fine, you're fine...

I'm semi-retarded anyway...about 75% smile

Lol Mish I went back and re-read my first reply and yes I said I don't have a problem with it, which prob came across as I thought they should be prosecuted..I just changed the wording to "I don't have a problem with gays", whoooooooo it is all good now..thanks for pointing it out it must be all the hard scrutinising I'm doing of that tattoo...

1. Misha profile image64

He-he, sure, Tantrum's bod is overwhelming lol

Oh, btw, her head is supposed to be in the upper right, and legs in the lower left - just to give you some yardsticks to hold of tongue

Well, after blonde thought it was an arm, I'm feeling a bit low ! sad

lol

What is that little appendage sticking up at the back of the pic? That looks like a little arm or her boyfriend is happy to see her. If you can give me that I may be just able to lick this puzzle.

lol lol lol
                    Figure it out
                    lol
                    i can't stop laughing !

that would be a huge male 'appendage'! Holy cow! smile

Oh Mish you are a darling I was going to ask for a few navigation points to help me along.....I have something to work with...am currently trying to enlarge her pic...as my flatmate is dumbfounded too..silly sod.

Hmm...I wonder if I enjoyed shopping more then I could parade with some fine ladies on a huge shopping spree...

nope can't do it...shopping is painful! tongue

lol

3. calpol25 profile image60

Thanks honey its when people are open minded about gay people, I just hate it when they use the bible as a ref to attack us.
      I love going shopping with women its so much more fun perhaps we might some day x

Done deal!!

We will all go shopping !!!!
          big_smile

And I can guarantee down-town will never be the same again. Woo hoo!!!

Lol!! I'm sure it would so much fun !!

wait...I'm sure I would enjoy shopping a little more with you two around! can I come?

1. Mamelody profile image61

oh can I come? wink

everybody can come !

The party is now five....woo hooo....feel free to bring your credit cards...I have none.

Sure that makes four of us now.....can I get to ride in the shopping cart on the way home?

only if you and tantrum makeout...oh yeah, I had to fit THAT one in there! smile

2. calpol25 profile image60

Let the shopping commence !!!! lol

yeah !!! lol

2. Mamelody profile image61

Now you're talking! smile tongue

3. blondepoet profile image67

They say shoes should be like the owner. We are going to don these beauties on just for the occassion.

BLONDE'S LITTLE NUMBERS
                http://s4.hubimg.com/u/881491_f496.jpg

TANTRUM'S LITTLE NUMBERS
                http://s4.hubimg.com/u/881007_f496.jpg

now that is a good balls crusher!

Those shoes are gorgeous, I used to work in a shoe shop and always wanted to sell them ones they just go with any outfit xxx

7. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Calpol:
    Even using hieroglyphics I figured out what ya said.
    See, the screwy bible says that "gays" should be put to death.
    Fundies read and believe. If yer "gay," keep an eye on 'em!
    I wrote a nice "Hub" concerning homosexuality.
    If your interested read it.

Thanks will read it X

Make sure you do !!
        big_smile

8. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Best hairdresser I had was gay ,least he seemed really happy at the time lol

1. Misha profile image64

What about hair dryer? Hi Kiwi lol

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Misha- no ihe wanted to encourage currrrrl n voooooolume baby  lol
        so no dryer for the Kiwi ,just finger magic ...mmm...like I said ..used to be my hairdresser lmao

9. tantrum profile image61

lol lol lol

10. blondepoet profile image67

yahooooooooooooooooooooo as a third friend came over, the whole thing appeared as bold as brass. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! that is you in a leopard suit side on with the cleavage up the top and........oh that is so cool...it is just so clear now.....awesome

lol

Was it that difficult ?
      Wow!
      You needed a lot of help !! yikes
      lol

It actually was...I most humbly admit...especially when the people around here are just as blind.....awesome pic anyway it shows your A1 figure...There are male eyes here hanging out like saucers I can assure you.

good !
          I was just going to call for a shrink. I was feeling so low !

lol lol lol

Tantrum you have the bod, the fiesty spirit, the trail of devoted admirers,why you even laugh at my jokes.You just lie back and look at the stars,and know that you are truly unique.

wow ! thanks Blonde, coming from an unique Blonde !! big_smile

11. drej2522 profile image69

nooo! it's not a meaty arm with a huge 'johnson' poking in the background?

hrrmmm tongue

12. tantrum profile image61

Oh my !! after all this I need to see a shrink !
    i'm feeling sooo lowww !
    nobody appreciates my beautiful body !!
    lol

awww, you're hot tantrum...gorgeous, stunning, sexy, tantalizing, bedable...

this reminds me of the thread 'What is more accurate- the way you see you-or others see you?'

lol

hmmm...so how do you view yourself, tantrum (scenario: I'm the shrink, you're the patient on the couch.)
          smile

Like a big fat arm !
            lol

awwww (shakes head) all right, here's some Xanax..get outta here. smile

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

This has to be the fastest thread-jack I've ever seen smile

14. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Im going to cover my eyes now cool

Tantrum is hot for sure wink but its becoming a lil warm in here for this oldie

Wait- Ive decided I gonna watch  lol

If you're an oldie ,I'm a mummy!
      lol

Now that songs in my head

Walk like an Eygptian ~~~ lol
        (sp*)

lol lol lol

I don't want to walk like an Egyptian..

ha, I'm not sure if you meant that to be funny...but I laughed..haha

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

s'ok ya need to buy a camel first wink

3. blondepoet profile image67

EK it sure helps if you take your Ughh boots off you know. smile

Ohhhh ....I was thinkin the fluffy bits was ...geeze...no wonder nothin much happened  lol now I feel like , remember that cartoon 'Magoo ' lol

you mean Mr Magoo?

yeaaaa...although dont think he was gay ,was he?...hehe

Now Adam I mean Atom Ant maybe quite another story lol smile

15. tantrum profile image61

lol
    i'm buying a dozen !

16. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Yes, it's "love the sinner, not the sin."

I'm trying to understand what you mean by "going through all the persecution" just to get to where you are now....?

Anyway, it's not God who has to explain anything (though He does, all through the Bible!)......it is us humans who must explain WHY we can't Love God enough to honor Him for dying on a Cross for us.....

This is true, He died for our sins and we should honour that, I do and preach it as i was brought up catholic so my religion is very important to me. If you want to know more on the persecution read my hub on the nazis and homosexuals it will explain better. x

1. profile image0

Okay.

If I read it, may I freely comment without automatically being accused of "hatred"?

yes i wont attack you.

We are all entitled to our opinions and i respect yours as much as everyone elses 

I am not here to attack just to express an opinion like yourself.

please dont think im bigoted im not x

enjoy reading them x

17. Eaglekiwi profile image73

BP Can ya find me some red heels , red red oh please be in my size  big_smile high shiny and oh so prada ,ok Kmart's fine too lol

Are these red ones ok?
      http://s3.hubimg.com/u/881018_f496.jpg

those look like the world's longest lolipops... imagine a d*ck that size..tongue

Omg if there was it wouldn't be walking the streets that's for sure it would be locked up behind bars in a museum in the dinosaur section lol

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

BP lol lol  lol purrrrrfect dahlink !

Mamelody  my imagination dont stretch that far , thank god !

18. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Ladies after fighting over shoes can you see that this young man also needs some moral support, look at his fan list! His articles are pretty interesting, go read you will appreciate his writing and by the way BP where are my shoes? lololo big_smile

here they are AE remember you wore them when we went to Paris?
      http://s3.hubimg.com/u/881010_f496.jpg

1. AEvans profile image72

Chihuahaha boots!!! Thank you for allowing me to borrow them, lolololo big_smile

lol
        they look so comfy !

(points to myself) are you referring to me, AEvans???

Are you interesting ? hmm tongue

1. Hokey profile image60

I need some new shoes

I'm sure we'll find some nice shoes for you too! big_smile

1. Hokey profile image60

AWesome!

2. AEvans profile image72

You and calpol25 for goodness sake where is everyone? tongue

looks at calpol's fan list...oh oh, sorry..I'm so vain. I think on purpose. smile (shrugs)

19. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

So, exactly WHY would anybody want to attack homosexuality anyway?  what possible good comes from attacking people because of their sexual orientation or the way they live when it is harmless?  I can't think of anything dumber than worrying about the kind of people who make those lame attacks using the Bible as a reference.

You see we are taught about heterosexuallity in school you remeber the man and the woman birds and the bees so we think that this is normal but we are not taught about homosexuality and its only human instinct to attck something yo dont understand.

Its lame but its true ignorrance is the biggest cause of fights, wars and other problems, we are all ignorant to some things in life but gender should not be one of them .x

1. AEvans profile image72

I agree wholeheartedly and it is not necessary! smile

2. Hokey profile image60

and intolerance

3. profile image0

It's isn't ignorance that causes fights.  It's the ages-old conflict between right and wrong.
        It's about stepping up and having the courage to say some things are right and other things are wrong.

hmmm...that is a matter of interpretation...each side of the fight believes they are right...

1. profile image0

Not possible.
            EVERYONE has a conscience or has been taught some semblance of right and wrong.

that is true but the Nazis did not have a conscience as they lacked empathy and understanding that what they did was very wrong and in humane x

1. profile image0

Do you really think so?

...I think people reach a point where they know it's wrong but they ignore their consciences and they still do it.

i believe they were brain washed by their nazi propaganda doctor goebbels so that conscience was erazed. that is my personal opinion. x
                  But they were very wrong x

You can never justify murder either right or wrong its still murder.

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
                    Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Calpol25, I think that's a very generous assessment.  I myself think that those bigoted thoughts already existed in the people who were active in carrying out those acts and Hitler and his group enable them to act on it.  As for the mass of Germans, I'm leaning more towards a confluence of economy, culture and apathy that let that whole think not only happen but could not stop it before it's too late. Just my opinion.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Hi calpol , yes I agree with you there , their conscience had become dull and eventually deadened.
                    Although their (Nazi's) is a good example of  extreme lack of conscience ,the same principle works for all of mankind (IMO) , ie lie once , and second one becomes a lil easier, an so on an so on.

In my honest opinion long before I knew and learned about Christ I honestly wondered  how the whole homosexuality thing worked ,sorry could have worded that  better , but I just dont get it.....it has to be more that just an attraction thing  and Im sorry calpol I dont personally know any homosexuals I can ask , so you get to be it , lol. smile

You are very right. xx

20. Mamelody profile image61
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

men I never knew homosexuality topics can get me free shopping! bring on the homos!! lol tongue

21. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Seriously people be kind and be serious that is an issue that effects millions of people which is unfortunate. sad

You defo understand us xxx love ya loads x

22. blondepoet profile image67

Guys got to go can't wait to hit the shops.....love ya heaps..

later gator

CU tomorrow! big_smile

3. Mamelody profile image61

yeah mee too am hitting the sacks ready to for our promised makeout treat! nite ppl xx

later mamelody

2. Hokey profile image60

We get to make out too. Super Awesome!

3. calpol25 profile image60

night nite hun xx

4. calpol25 profile image60

See you soon xx bring on the shops !!!

23. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Hello Brenda, this is not really my type of discussion, but as I have said before in relation to homosexuality, what people do in their own bedroom is there own business, one day we will all be judged, so why people waste their time and energy trying to be judge and jury on earth is beyond my knowledge........we have found in Ireland that the great moral leaders are in fact our greatest sinners.........so I hope that is of some help.....

24. profile image0

Does it matter?

Because if we use the fact that everyone sins to say no one should be held accountable, we will be a nation without any moral laws.   Chaos will ensue.

As for me personally,  the main reason I speak out so much against homosexuality is because homosexuals (for the most part) aren't silent about it themselves, nor do they seek help for their situation;  they're proud of it and they want to make twisted laws that attempt to validate their pride about sodomy and other perverted activities.

They've traded their silent state of denial for an aggressive attack upon the American basis of morality.   That's what tees me off.

25. profile image0

Suppose I struggle with, say,  lust for married men...(I don't, and my temptations I prefer to keep private,  but just suppose I do.....

That's something I'd want to deal with personally and/or amongst my friends and other support system,  instead of advocating making a bill of Law that sanctions my lust.   'Cause what would there be then?  I'd have sold my soul in exchange for public sanction of a moral wrong.  I can see it now------a Law passed saying we must give homewrecking-adullteresses their "civil rights".   What crap that is.

26. theirishobserver. profile image60

Brenda, I have said before on the forums that homosexuality is not for me, however, in Ireland the laws have been made that give equal status to homosexuals, I must try to obey the law whether I agree with it or not, while the thought of two men having sex repulses me, I have no problem with two women, which would make me a hypocrite if I were to say I am totally opposed to homosexuality, also it is worth noting that in relation to sodomy, research all over the world has shown that 80% of hetrosexual males and women engage in anal sex at some point in their life.....are we not all simply hypocrites...I dont know the answer.....

27. profile image0

How long have the laws in Ireland been in effect?
    Was there a huge political fight about it?

And ....doesn't anyone anywhere have the guts to stand up and say it's just plain WRONG and nasty??

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You just did.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Guts to certainly, intelligence to know otherwise - often not.  It is only wrong in the eyes of narrow-minded bigots.  If your god truly says it is "just plain WRONG and nasty", then you are serving a narrow-minded bigot.

good luck with that

28. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://fotosa.ru/stock_photo/Fancy%20by%20Veer/p_2700169.jpg

Disgusting isn't it?

1. profile image0

Indeed.
      And sad.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59

They look very unhappy.

29. theirishobserver. profile image60

The laws in Ireland are relatively new, no big out cry, its a small country, our 'moral leaders' the Catholic Church is in rapid decline following several criminal scandals.......

30. profile image0

I'll take my chances with that "narrow minded bigot", praise God.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59

You certainly have a right to.  It is your life to waste.

31. profile image0

There is pleasure in sin for a season.

32. theirishobserver. profile image60

Brenda, On a serious note, is it christian to call others disgusting, I honestly cant get the Bible bashing thing, I have watched in recent weeks as Bishops, Police Officers, Politicians etc the highest leaders in our country have been exposed in a conspiracy to conceal the rape of thousands of chilren in our country who were raped by members of religious orders.........my experience is that those who shout loudest do so to conceal their own crimes.....is that your experience......

33. profile image0

Very...innuendo...of you again, irish.

No that's not my experience.

34. TheGlassSpider profile image66
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

I think it's pretty sad and disgusting to see so-called Christians who think for some unknown reason they can throw stones and call other people names; who can't see beyond a person's sin to the divine spark within them.

I'm glad I can see actual people--the good and the bad in them, and I'm glad I'm not so preoccupied with pointing out other people's sins. I'm glad that I know that vengeance and judgment belong to the Lord...and not to any of us imperfect creatures.

35. theirishobserver. profile image60

Brenda, I dont get the innuendo thing, what about that bible basher that was caught with the prostitute....remember..a few years back...made millions preaching the word of God....then spent a few bob on a two dollar lady of the night.....is there not something in the bible that says look not at the spek in your neighbours eye when you have a big plank in your own eye....something like that.......

I quite agree with you irish. im catholic and i do believe in god but i dont believe that the bible was written as weapon for bigotry,
      It is a religion of peace x

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Religion isn't peace. It's control, and if it isn't obvious to you, even though you've opened this thread to express your frustration about the use of the bible against your method of living.

You're shocked? Why would you be? Religion spreads guilt, control and usurps power for those who are in charge.

If you actually read your bible, then you would know that religion spreads hatred and separation. It demeans every single person on the planet, then tells them they must listen.

To think you have your life, you control it, but you give up your life to a fictional mystic "GOD" is foolish. Your religion has made you selfish, self-centered and all about you. As it is obvious, again, by your post in this forum?

So, since you give your faith to "GOD" and chose to do so, it has made you contradictory in your life and not to mention, since you're now selfish - you wouldn't be allowed into heaven anyways.

So, that leads.....where? You seem to be SOL in the end. lol lol lol

Perhaps but where im from in the north of england it is very dangerous to be gay, its a religious farming community yet it is run by widespread bigotry and racism.
          I might be selfish and the rest but i started this discussion not just about me but hundreds like me that endure the hell and cruelty from people using the bible to attack us.
          I have been beaten up put in hospital along side hundreds of others but i wanted to make a point and prove that religion was not created for hatred though might thinkso, you are right in your view but its not what was written in the bible that offends but its the way they use it as a weapon of hurt. God is questionable we can not say he exists yet we can prove that he does not so to be honest we are all selfish in our points of view but thats what makes us human.

1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Forget the Bible, why is it important for you to have us know what you do in your bedroom? I don't go around proclaiming my sexual preference. Maybe keep to yourself is the best policy.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
              Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes you do, you are always going on about how long you have been married. Heterosexuals are constantly proclaiming their sexual preference.

You really do protest too much about gays wink

1. profile image0

Well I never have talked about any activty that happens in my bedroom. I have been married for 35yrs if that implies something negative or perverse I don't know what it would be. As I have said on numerous occaisions, I don't care about what gays do as long as they keep it to themselves and don't lobby to ruin marraige as an institution. Well I just got off being banned for not being sensitive so when I go overboard I get wacked.smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
                  Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wondered where you were. Welcome back Sneak!

1. profile image0

Thanks! I thought I was being funny and someone didn't think I was funny. big_smile

36. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Not perverse, I'm just showing you that the fact you are married to a woman broadcasts the fact you are heterosexual.

People shouldn't have to hide what they are just because someone might assault them...

1. profile image0

I agree 100%! I don't wish anyone any harm but, if someone is hypersensitive or looking for a reason to cry foul they sould be taken with a grain of salt.smile

37. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Brenda, that's part of the problem right there.  A lot of people like brimancandy read the bible and concentrate on the negative and don't understand the context around it and its interpretation.  The second part of the problem is that they think they've got it figured out when we know they have very little understanding. I wouldn't take any of them seriously.

38. profile image0
    TheVerbalAxiomposted 14 years ago

*looks at this whole thread*

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/up_images/11112565.jpg

Who doesn't love it?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)