Be gentle!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (23 posts)
  1. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/stop-smoking-through-hypnosis

This is my least viewed published hub.  I am working on, right now, getting more views to my unloved hubs, and part of that process (I think) is going to be rewriting what I need to.

Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated. big_smile

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey gamergirl, what's shakin'? smile

I was wondering how you came up with this topic and why you chose to write about it?

Here are a few thoughts off the top of my head:

This isn't really scientific, but I try to use titles that I think Googlers would type directly into a search for a particular topic. For this topic in particular I would have added a title that would have been something like How to stop smoking using hypnosis.

Also, I you could have skewed your Hub one way or another and given it a title like The truth about quitting smoking with hypnotism or Why hypnotism will never help you quit smoking, which would make the search result more appealing to potential searchers.

One more thing, from a Hub content point of view - I would add some links out to other articles, blogs, wikipedia, etc. regarding people who have succeeded doing it and people who think it's a joke.

2. profile image0
      daflaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It reads well. Maybe some statistics would help.  People like statistics.  What percentage of people stop through hypnosis, and what percentage of those stay off cigarettes permanently?  Hypnosis is expensive, too, so you might want to do a cost comparison against the results to show if it truly is worth the money, or it's just going to be another load of $$ down the drain.

Yep, statistics definitely provide some credibility to what you're saying, too. People need to know that it's more than just your opinion and they want to see all sides of the argument.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
          Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

54.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

1. ProCW profile image78
            ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

hehe... big_smile

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

Yeah, but nearly 4 out of 5 people have said that they make you sound smarter.

2. gamergirl profile image85

82% of forum posters think Maddie quoting numbers is way prettier than Maddie snipping promotional links from our posts!

Thanks a bunch, folks - I'll tweak these in and see how it goes. big_smile  keep the info coming, I appreciate the tips and help!

To be honest, I am trying to quit smoking (for good) and started writing a lot and searching a lot for different stop smoking techniques and the like.  I stumbled across a few dozen websites with PLR articles and the like, and started making notes.... then BAM!

1. ProCW profile image78
      ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It seems like that number is a little low. Where did you get your statistics from? I would have thought it would have had an additional 18% to that... hmm...

smile

3. gamergirl profile image85

I tweaked the hub a bit - added a new text capsule, and a new link capsule leading to sites with statistics on smoking.  Changed the title too! smile

I do wonder if the hub needs more tags, though.  *taps chin thoughtfully*

Oh screaming man of much awesome, what do you think? tongue

4. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

I think that it looks AWESOME! (screaming)

No, seriously, I think that the changes make it a better all-around Hub for sure.

What does everyone else think?

5. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Or, I guess that I could say it has improved over 117%. smile

6. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Ryan, heard of mylot?

Charlotte, you are better off with your own conclusions in this case! smile

[I have one on quit smoking too, and its not doing too badly. Check it out if you want. I am only glad to link to your hub on that one. http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-quit-smoking-Videos

Regards

7. gamergirl profile image85

Sunseven - that's a great hub! I can't imagine what cool person you answered the request for on that one, they're a genius I bet.  And pretty too!

I would be super happy to trade links with you, I'll go add a mention of your hub right now!

Hub teamwork, baby!

Awesome... smile

8. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago
  9. gamergirl profile image85

tongue Totally awesome requester!

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! big_smile

10. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

I`ve already quit three times now in the past 9 years of smoking and unfortunately smoking again. We need a lot of will to do it. I hate the smell I hate the taste, but still smoking.

I think the best recipe to quit is :

- Nice company
    - 2 months vacation
    - $ 5K budget

Cheers
    Alex

11. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

The only thing I can think of is to move your initial photo down so that the nice big block of adsense ads appears in its place - thats the block with the best click thru rate you know ...

12. Sally's Trove profile image80
    Sally's Troveposted 15 years ago

Charlotte, I am a big fan of yours, whether you are writing Hubs or commenting in the forums.

At first, when I came to know you on HP, I was a little surprised that your Hub scores and your profile score were not higher than they are, because your Hub content is well-researched and well-thought out, and your forum posts are spot-on for whatever the topic.  Plus you have a history here. 

Since I'd been wondering about this for a while, I searched through your large volume of Hubs over the last few weeks (long before this thread was started).  I'd like to say I read them all, but I can't say that, and I couldn't do that reading without a vacation dedicated to you!  But I admit I was looking for something specific.

So my comment here is not about your stop smoking Hub, in particular, but about how you engage or don't engage with your fans and readers.

Yes, I want to be gentle here.  smile

I found that you don't seem to respond, in a timely way, to comments left on your Hubs.  Do you think that might be a reason for less views than you expect?

Your fan, Sally

13. Brainstormer profile image59
    Brainstormerposted 15 years ago

Hi Gamegirl,

I am as new this Hubpages a you can get. I joined months ago but left it dormant. Point is I am not qualified to comment.

However, the two main themes are quit smoking and hypnosis as a means. You have 1 smoking vid plus 1 skoking photo but none on hypnosis. I thought it a bit unbalanced.

Cheers smile

14. gamergirl profile image85

Sally-

You are absolutely right!  I honestly try not to comment on my own hubs with anything less than a meaningful comment.. I can't seem to justify, in my own head, responding to a comment like "great hub" with "thanks" and thinking it done or that I'll receive something of a meaningful comment in return.  Not to say that a compliment isn't meaningful in and of itself, but - well - it's not exactly a conversation starter. big_smile

I think you are right, however, and I think I will begin going through my hubs and responding to comments, maybe even a few a day so as not to clog the hubtivity screens of my 330+ fans, and see how that goes.  ((((((Sally))))))

Brainstormer-

You know, I hadn't noticed that!  Thank you for bringing up that very important point!  Hugs for you too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)