Morning Coffee

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)
  1. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

It does seem that on a morning (11 am as a freelancer) it is often hard to get going.

I often have a cup of coffee while browsing the forums, and take a hour or two walk mid afternoon, then work through till around 12am-2am. 

It got me wondering though, does anyone else have any morning routines they requirre to get tehm through the day, or any patterns that keep them focused?

1. Sherbet Penny profile image64
      Sherbet Pennyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, his is not everyone's cup of tea, but first thing I do, is drink 2 large glasses of water, then out for a run, very first thing, great for the mind and body, pure natural high, and great for the fitness. Hard to do at first but when you see the benefits it's easy to get addicted. Coffee is a fraud, though I enjoy a cup with the breakfast.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

as soon as I wake up I also drink a glass of water, I remember a very health conscious elderly woman said it was the most important thing our bodies need when first waking.

a cup of coffee helps boost the metabolism and helps with alertness...

1. Sherbet Penny profile image64
          Sherbet Pennyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your a hundred percent right about the coffee, but there are people who live on it, not good,and the water, very important, It took me months to train myself to get in to a routine of drinking it, but it's second nature now, and with a piece of fruit, sets me off on a morning wakey up run.

2. wychic profile image85
          wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Water is gooood stuff...I have a 32 oz mug that I generally drain once first thing in the morning, then keep by me while I'm working so I drink at least two or three more mugs during the day...that and the dog needing out helps remind me to get my butt out of the office chair every now and then wink

2. AnythingArtzy profile image68
    AnythingArtzyposted 14 years ago

As a matter of fact I'm sitting here now with my morning vice. a hot cup of cocoa. I can't go without it as I read through the posts and work on my drafts for new hubs.

3. salt profile image61
    saltposted 14 years ago

I used to visit a little coffee shop which was run by some lovely boys in their 20's. I wanted to get a webcam at the front window, as if you could watch the faces of the local female population. Others have since bought the cafe/bar and they still make good coffee, it just isnt as fun.

Apart from the departure of the coffee boys, I still get my morning coffee. One coffee per day. Good coffee from a cafe, so I dont drink coffee all day. If I have coffee at home, I might drink it too much and not sleep at all.

4. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

I get up at 5:00 am, spend time with my husband until he leaves at 6:00 am, check my messages and browse the forums until 7:00 am (yeeeeees, it's 7:12, I'm going, I'm going) and then work until about 10:00 or 11:00. I take a break, do an hour-long workout, cool down a bit, then eat lunch for about a half-hour. Often, I'll take a nap for an hour or two after lunch, then wake up refreshed and ready to do that other half-day of work. Unfortunately, I still seem to be most productive in the evening, so after dinner and a movie with the hubby I'll usually hop back on and work for a couple more hours...usually about a 10-hour work day.

5. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

I admit it...I am a coffee junkie smile My coffee set up can produce Starbucks lattes and I enjoy it daily! Holly

6. abcd1111 profile image60
    abcd1111posted 14 years ago

Get up. Let the dogs out and feed them. Check my emails. Check HubPages. Feel guilty about not writing another Hub. Have orange juice with whatever I can find for breakfast. Back to the computer. Waste hours drinking caffeine-free diet Pepsi and surfing. Shower. Make lunch. Back to the computer. Let the dogs out intermittently all day.

Today I'll be working outside the home with my husband doing a video shoot. That throws my whole routine off. The nice part will be getting dinner afterwards. Any food someone else prepares is good to me.

Come home. Diet Pepsi. Check my emails. Waste time on the computer. Take a break from the computer screen to watch the TV screen. Preferably Cesar Millan or some other animal/dog-related program.

Rinse and repeat.

1. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Efficient!

7. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

I am a whiskey man, morning or evening lol

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

morning coffee while reading mail, NYT, browsing hubs from daily email, checking hubfeed, etc.  walk the dog, settle into writing, work related activities, exercise... depends on what's happening that day.

9. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

shower - then handful of almonds - then green tea - then emails...! smile

10. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I use the morning coffee plug in for firefox, does that count?

Well, truthfully, i have a keurig coffee ,maker so im an hopeless junkie for the stuff now

One of the greatest things about working online is that I dont have to have a morning routine and I tend to spend as much of teh daylight hours away from my home office as possible.

Staying motivate dis difficult and does require some sort of rgimen though....mine starts around 11PM - 3Am - thats when I put my girlfriend and dogs to bed and focus the hardest on creating content/links etc. I spend most of teh daytime work hours on more random research and "fun" topics

11. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Haha, just rolling out of bed. I don't like coffee and thankfully, don't need it to wake up. Not to say you do, but I have a friend that literally has a coffee addiction with withdrawls if she doesn't get her 5 cups a day.

1. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My mom used to have a nasty coffee addiction...I guess that's what comes from homeschooling two girls and being next to the coffee pot all day every day. Me, I might have a cup of coffee or I might not...I rarely have two cups in a day, and never more than three...a little goes a long way!

12. jellydonut25 profile image61
    jellydonut25posted 14 years ago

I have half a cup of coffee every morning...the bad news is I end up wasting a lot of coffee because my coffee maker brews in 2 cup minimums, and my wife doesn't drink any coffee...but i need that smell and a jolt of caffeine to get going

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)