Copy right violation: hubbers stealing content of other hubbers & post

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (24 posts)
  1. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

Few hubbers are stealing the content of other hubbers and posting it on other sites by different usernames. I have published a hub on 20th August and within few hours this material was posted on blogspot by someone just changing few words in the title. I know the name of hubber but don't want to disclose the name. Should  there not be a provision to display the copyright information on hubpages as done on other sites? I am providing link to both If anyone wish to verify this.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Allowances-and- … endations;
    http://staffcorner.com/blog/2008/08/22/ … acilities/

1. Trsmd profile image58
      Trsmdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Can we know which one is yours..

First one i.e Hubapages.. link or

Second one i.e.  Staffcorner.com/blog....?

2. premsingh profile image61

First one is my hub.
    Anyways, I got an idea. This type of hubbers will be pasting contents of other sites on hubpages too. Now, we can expose these people by typing phrases in search engine and flagging there hubs at hubpages.

3. ASHWINSPGA profile image58
    ASHWINSPGAposted 15 years ago

i dont know why i cant enter the Staffcorner.com/blog site... cant really view it but your idea is great prem. good thinking

4. premsingh profile image61

One more twist to the story. There were about 40 comments on the copied post. After my adverse comments , now they have removed all the comments and now posting time is shown 22nd August and the address of the site is also changed. I think it is being redirected. These people appear experts in copying the content. Even now they are displaying the same content.

5. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

They appear to be running AdSense, so I would suggest reporting them.  AdSense accounts aren't that easy to come by, so that's probably the best way to fight this kind of thing.  Another option is to contact them directly using the whois information for their domain.

1. premsingh profile image61
      premsinghposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks pauldeeds for the information. Sad part of all this is there are lot of spammers. I found one more site running the same article. http://paycommissionnews.blogspot.com/2 … ssion.html
      I'll report this matter. All these sites are running adsense.

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image58
        ASHWINSPGAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Finally i got to see the site and yes they are indeed running Adsense. You got them by the balls there Prem. Google has a forum page where many Google employees and volunteers help people who are affected like you. You can lodge a complain there. The replies and actions taken are quite immediate. It might help

6. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 15 years ago

If your content from here has been posted elsewhere, you need to do your reporting to the other site,  as HubPages can't do anything about the other site, they can only address issues here.

And read up on DMCA reporting, and (as Paul mentioned) filing complaints with AdSense.

7. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

We are thinking about adding a feature to help people automatically identify where their hubs may have been copied to aid in this enforcement.  I'm not sure when we'll actually implement it, perhaps in the next month or two.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like a great feature.  Thanks Paul!

8. hot dorkage profile image76
    hot dorkageposted 15 years ago

Meanwhile

http://myfreecopyright.com/

makes a digital fingerprint of your creation.  and registers the time and date.  If somebody alters that, a human can tell it is a derivative work even tho its fingerprint would not be the same.  But you got the time and date. 

Example email: 
    ------------------------------------

Copyright :: All Rights Reserved
    Title :: Win 2000 EC:  Elect Dork President of the Blogosphere
    Description :: DORK 4 PREZ
    The other day I got to thinking, why shouldn’t I be the President?
    Maybe I could be president of the blogosphere…..  OK….. Since I’m now a politician  I have act like one and  promise you GREAT things.   Your weenie will grow so big you’ll have to coil it [...]
    Category :: Blog
    Fingerprint :: 9c4e982b4fba18482a4aa2dcb8278eafca42fdfc972b7d7147a7a609f68c2602
    MCN :: C11EB-DFF04-6450D

On self hosted wordpress blog, these happen each time I do a new post.  But I control it.  Not sure how hubpages would work it.  I tried it on a couple of my individual hubs (as just plain old web pages) , the first time said could not read the URL the second time said already has a copyright, but did not send me any email.   Then I tried it on the hub pages feed as a blog and that seemed to work better, jury is still out though on whether it actually works.

9. profile image57
    swapna.67posted 15 years ago

After a serious research on the previous hubs created by Premsingh i have found that his hubs were created on the basis of some Official Reports of gazzetes published by "Government of India" Just like this example
    http://pensionersportal.gov.in/paycommissionreport.pdf

This hubber is writing based on the Official Announcements and i am sure "Government Notifications" or "News" taken from Government Websites does not have any copyright.
    It is given out to the whole Public. Taking that content and using adsense in them is what "Premsingh" has done. I would like to report this user to adsense team for making false claims that this content is being owned by him and saying that a Government notification is being owned by a single person, even if it is Altered and using Adsense ads in them.

I am an Indian,so we know the rules and have the ability to recognise the difference between Official Announcements that are published in newspapers and the Original content that is self written.

Actually, Hub Pages Team(Paul Deeds) and Other Hubbers,please note the fact this hubber is just wasting your time. I know you people wasted your time here because,most of the people who replied here were from other countries,who don't know the Indian state government notifications.

I think, it is time to educate people,what is "COPYRIGHT"

If not these Ignorant Hubers will say tomorrow that even the "US Government" is under their Copyright.

10. premsingh profile image61

If you people know the difference between original content and copied content, can you explain why more than 500 people are visiting this hub and why the spammers have copied only my hub and not the report of 6th pay commission that is available to all on public domain and is not an confidential document. It is going to be notified shortly by the Government. The report is a large document and have several chapters. People have written several authoritative articles on Constitution of India. Can you copy the articles written by different authors either to educate people or to spread the awareness among people. I'll be happy if you prove that my article is a copied content and will withdraw it from public domain. Moreover I have acknowledged the source of information. What difference it makes whether Prem is a Male or Female? Are you among them who has pasted it on other sites? As far as my credentials are concerned you will be surprised if I reveal my publications. I have more 15 research papers in peer reviewed prestigious International Journals. Hubbing is not a job for me, its my Hobie.

Here hubber score is not assigned manually. It considers several parameters. And I think hubbers who have not yet published a single hub should not make comments if they are not having wisdom to differentiate the original content from copied one.

I know one among you is convincing people to fuel cars with water.
    Prem

11. profile image0
    terrygposted 15 years ago

Some people light up a room when they enter, others when they leave.

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

"Putting Same content in different places is Plagiarism,even if it is owned by you. "

Not quite...

And, if you can't use any information published by anyone else to do research how the heck do you think books are written? People don't just pick information off the top of their head and write it down.

Obviously you don't understand copyright at all.

13. crusador profile image75
    crusadorposted 15 years ago

I have seen the hub in question and copied material on other sites. I would like to point few things:
    1. Though the hub is based on the recommendations of 6th pay commission, the content has been written by author in her own words. I have seen the actual report and the text of hub and report is entirely different.Furthermore, title itself suggests that the topic covers the 6th pay recommendations.
    2. What's wrong writing something on a topic that concerns millions of people? The author has done hard work in presenting the information in concise way that provides at a glance all the gist of the recommendations.
    3. The source material has been acknowledged by the author.
    4. Author has all the rights to protest if others copy it word by word and places it on their sites without changing the content (word by word, sentence by sentence and paragraph by paragraph.
    5. Why people are so worried if she has raised the issue?
    6. How many hubbers, bloggers are writing on original topics(I mean poems, fictions, novels)? Only 5-10% are writing what may be termed as literary work.

What you all will do if someone copies your content and pastes it somewhere else? I find nothing wrong if the author of the hub is protesting. I have seen the copied content on other sites. They have not taken pains even to change introductory paragraph.

14. frank2much profile image59
    frank2muchposted 15 years ago

I agree with the crusador. If someone has written something in her own words and acknowledging the source, other person copying it without changing the original content can not publish it somewhere els in others name. People blaming author must see what they are doing. Even after writing 5 hubs your hubber score is less than 80 then you should not claim yourself to be a author. Forget author, even you are not able to compile  something systematically. What Prem has written is correct by all means. Nobody can copy as such the work of others. I have seen the hub and its at the top in google ranking and other sites that have copied the content have much lower ranking. Most pertinent question why these sites have copied the hub written by Premsingh and pasted it as such on their sites. At least they should acknowledge it. Premsingh has written the hub in her own words and nobody can say that she has copied the content and pasted it on her hub. Data presented can not be changed and it has been duly acknowldged by her. Action of those who have copied her hub,need condemnation.

15. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Premsingh, why are you even replying to those guys? Don't waste your time, just hit them in Adsense, and they can bark as much as they like then big_smile

16. premsingh profile image61

Thanks Misha. I am going to do it shortly. I gave these people three days time to withdraw the content. I'll wait till tomorrow.

17. premsingh profile image61

Happy ending. The site has sent apologies and removed the content. They have provided a link back to my hub. As a result, huge traffic is diverted from that site to my hub.

Thanks to all who supported my cause and thanks but no thanks and no animosity towards them who raised doubts on my integrity.

Prem

18. aimeeSF profile image63
    aimeeSFposted 15 years ago

Hmm, I'm new to HubPages and have a quick question:

How can I find out if someone else is copying my content and pasting it on their website/blog?  There are so many sites out there... and I don't even know where I'd start to see if someone copied my articles.  Other than possibly knowing the hubber that did this, how else can you tell when your content was re-published by someone else?

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, you can copy and paste certain unique parts of your original content and go search for it on Google, Yahoo!, etc. and if there's any dupes that you need to be worried about, they should show up.

1. aimeeSF profile image63
        aimeeSFposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks again Ryan smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)