How can somebody influence people to join their Fan Club?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. cupid51 profile image68
    cupid51posted 14 years ago

I wonder looking at the no of fans of some of the hubbers. What are the criteria of getting more fans?

1. 2uesday profile image64
      2uesdayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Getting fans/followers may build slowly at first but I think it is better to have a hundred people who are really interested in the type of hubs you write than hundreds more because of a  clicking spree of every name in the forums hoping they will return the click. I had one person who bluntly said the equivalent in their fan mail of I should return the favour - I did not. Sometimes I read something in a forum and then go on to read that persons profile and hubs and become a follower so that I can read their new hubs.

If someone becomes a follower I try to look at their published hubs at some point - if they are new it is sometimes hard to judge if they will be writing something I can comment on in future. Some people spark an interest in their profile and that encourages people to follow them. Hubbernuggets got me to be a fan/follower of one person. Sometimes I read a comment left by somebody on a hub I am reading and click on their profile photo and find an interesting person to read in future.

I am not sure how people with hundreds of followers ever get to look at the new hubs or those who follow hundreds of Hubbers. I feel bad when I do n't read or comment but do not always have the time.

cupid51posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you useday for your detailed discussion on the issue. I think that now I shouldn't be worried about fan.
        I thought that if I don't have huge fans, my hubs will be unnoticed and I won't get a chance to get their valuable comments. But by getting response of my query so soon, I am sure that there are a lot  of hubbers who are always in search of good contents, my target should be to satisfy them. Thanks again.

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are of the age that would make for some risque pictures? I don't know if it would help but I'll help you sell them!smile

2. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Get out and about, introduce yourself, hang around in the forums, read & comment on people's hubs...

Let people get top know you  smile

Welcome to HP

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try to do that.

2. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HubPages.

The best way is as Jen suggests. Hang out in the forum, get to know some other people, get yourself noticed. Reading and commenting on Hubs would be nice. When you identify with a writer and they like what you write, then fans come along.

Don't need to rush the process. smile Just a thought. smile

Thanks cagsil, Nice to have a warm welcome. Thanks for the suggestion also. I will certainly try to follow it.

2. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What Cagsil said. big_smile  And Darkside, too, for that matter.

Welcome to HP.

Thank you Ghost32  for welcoming me and for your encouragement .

4. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Here's my tips: Don't ask people to be your fan in the forum. Publish articles on topics that you enjoy. Be yourself.

If you do that then some of your fans will follow because they like you for you. The rest will be the type that just want to be followed back.

Thank you darkside, I think this is another angle of looking at the things. Thanks for the guidance!

5. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

Don't forget to reciprocate those who follow you.

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or don't.

Follow people you honestly want to keep up with.

Thanks again darkside, I am surely going to do that.

2. cupid51 profile image68

Thanks jacob, I won't forget that. Thanks again for the advice.

6. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Make good hubs.
    Become their fans.

I will certainly try to do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

7. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Bribes work pretty good as well....   wink

Pl give some tips!

8. Elite Publishings profile image41
    Elite Publishingsposted 14 years ago

Have you ever gone to the bar by yourself? I know I have, and the best way to meet people is to talk to people.  Get out there and comment.  But stay sober enough to type! smile

9. profile image0
    danyellealisappiposted 14 years ago

it depends on if it's interesting or if it's just a way of telling people who they really are instead of suggesting what the title is about. smile

10. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I haven't really tried to gain followers, I can't help but notice that the rate seems to exponentially increase though, it started off at one follower a week, then one a day, and now I occasionally get 2 or more a day!

11. Internetwriter62 profile image79
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

At first I thought I was only writing for myself and a few other people. I only had two followers for about five weeks. Suddenly I got my third follower, I was ready to bring out the champaign, well today I got 47 and I've been in Hub Pages for three months. So readership increases very slowly. It's good in a way, because those who follow my work are being genuine in their interest and really like your work. I always try to follow their work also, and I'm glad because I have learned many new ideas from the hubbers I follow. They all write really wonderful hubs and have a lot of knowledge on the subjects they write about. I guess the thread that binds followers as well as those you follow is common interests.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)