Marked as Spam by Propellor!?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. milcoach profile image61
    milcoachposted 15 years ago

“While trying to SocialMark my hubpages site, Propellor told me I was blocked because my site was tagged as "pr0n spam". What does that mean and why did my site generate that?! Anyone else getting errors or blocks?  My sites are NOT spam...

2. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

As has been mentioned numerous times - bad apples spoil the bunch.  Digg, reddit, sites like that hate Hubpages not because of honest and good people who use social bookmarking sites properly, but because of the folks who abused it to try and get more traffic to their "Hot Sexy Indian Pictures" pages.

1. profile image0
      shinujohn2008posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Gamer Girl It is a FACT that many hubbers have spoiled Social Bookmarking sites.

But, i have a single thing to ask you.

After seeing your hub about "Rosario Dawson" i found that the Photo you have there has atleast a Bikini to wear.

But after seeing your hub,"Top four Floozies" i think the first photo you have put there does not even have a Bikini.

People who Have Not Done any SINS in their life should Throw STONES, others should remain Silent.

1. patnamohan profile image58
        patnamohanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good Keep it up!!!

2. gamergirl profile image85
        gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Shinu-

Are you one of those people who posts two lines of text and then ten or twenty pictures of girls provocatively dressed?

If you look at those two hubs a little more closely:

http://hubpages.com/hub/horrible-2007-celebrities

808 words, and none of it copied from wikipedia/fan sites.  808 words which I wrote.  That hub took me a while to compose, because I wanted to prove a point with it - the pictures of Christina Aguilera for instance show her progression from nasty and over-done to classy in appearance.

In regard to the Rosario Dawson hub, while it only has a little less than 400 words, it focuses on her work - and the picture is one that hundreds of thousands of people would recognize from the cover of Esquire Magazine.  Again, another hub full of information which I presented in my own words.

So - if you want to criticize someone, do a little more looking around than just snooping for boobs and bikinis.

Thanks.

1. profile image0

Ok i agree you have more text. But,what Use?

My Photos mostly have Fully covered women,than those girls Most Americans Post Here, with girls covering themselves with Hands. I think you people are Very poor Than Indians in Dressing style.

If you feel Worried with my responses -  Please Worry

If you feel Angry with my responses     -  Please Be Angry

If you Feel Smiling with my responses - Please Smile

Thanks

2. patnamohan profile image58

See...don`t react anyway.........this is open session........do you know one thing....so many member try to learn to make presence only in this forum smile just liesten quality word from quality people.... rest just do rubbish.........This is how information is filtered.lol   lol    lol

3. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

HubPages is banned at Propeller. A few overambitious hubbers closed a very good traffic source for all of us! sad

Those links don't fit in here. It should be snipped. I think you still have time to remove it before it is removed by someone else(and you are looked down upon)

And please read the stickies before posting.

If you think gg is rude, you haven't seen anything! smile

4. milcoach profile image61
    milcoachposted 15 years ago

Sorry...I'm new to this.  Just thought someone could tell me what might be wrong on my sites.  Didn't mean to spam the forum.  Forgive me?

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Now, thats a lot better. smile Everyone does that in the beginning. The important thing is we learn from our mistakes. You can even post links to your pages here, but only if its relevant to the discussion. We are a very liberal lot, yet there are borders. smile

Welcome to HP forums smile

milcoachposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank You! smile

5. gamergirl profile image85

In general, just as a note - try not to post your own articles to social bookmarking sites.  It's better if you get there because people genuinely enjoy your material. smile

But like I said, we're banned from some social bookmarking because of a few reasons, my assumption being that it is the fault of:

--Internet Marketers with 8.4 million ebooks to sell you for $17 each that will all make you $143,926.41 in less than 10 days.
    --Photo Gallery hubbers who fill a page with girls in bikinis, lingerie and wet t-shirts.
    --A combination thereof.

milcoachposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  I'll keep that in mind.  And thanks for being patient with me! smile

6. gamergirl profile image85

Shinu-

The first difference between your picture galleries and my hubs is that My hubs focus on the text first, with the text capsule content outweighing the presence of photos, for the most part.  Hubpages is a place for writers, not for photo galleries.  (IMHO)

Again, you missed my point - and I think that may be because of language barriers.  So, I thank you for the chance to defend my articles, and will be happy to do so in the future if you are confused. smile

confused. lol

2. profile image0

Photo Galleries and Articles have equal Importance. No one has said that this is not a place for photos, other than some Hubbers like you, who think we are Robbing Something from You.

Right To Live and Express Opinions is Allowed For Everyone.

7. gamergirl profile image85

Shinu-

I don't think you're robbing me.  I make money just fine for the work I put in (which is a lot!) 

I simply believe that posting a bunch of pictures you found on google with a sentence about how hot indian girls are is not raising the value of the site, nor is it quality content.  It's just pictures, and that's not what people come to Hubpages for.

If you want to post pictures, grab a camera and take the pictures yourself - and post them on flickr.com.  Otherwise, feel free to write hubs, you know- those things with text and content and meaningful addition of ideas.

8. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Everything has equal importance........nothing is easy ....so don`t criticize..........let everybody survive by their own methodology.........!!!!  smile

9. gamergirl profile image85

It's ok Pat.  You don't have to defend anyone just because you also post just picture hubs. smile

You are so reactive!!!!!  lol did you take food today...........I am going to have cook my food..you are most invited.........have a food and be quiet. smile

1. profile image0

May be she had Popeye's Food Today...........

10. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

Gamergirl, you like to post articles, you Find Fun and Satisfaction from Hubs like that ...........But, i am Programmed to post Photo Galleries..I just cannot Stop.......I will be doing that till my Last Breath.......or Till HUb pages ask me to STOP

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Or until someone threatens to sue you smile

11. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

To be angry and abusive are injurious to health.......... lol I am worried about your health...... smile

12. gamergirl profile image85

Who says I'm angry?  LOL  You folks assume far too much. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/Picture-Galleri … bbers-Vote

1. profile image0

So you made a new Hub Today, Only Because of Me..........Please say "Thanks" to me

2. patnamohan profile image58

smiling gives extra beauty to the women  smile  ...........Now you look good!!!!! i visited your hub i liked......  smile

13. gamergirl profile image85

Shinu-

I have about seven hubs in the works.  One of them has 1200 words already, and is a collaboration between a true artist and myself.  Don't flatter yourself too much. tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)