Are there actually any work-from-home affiliate programs that don't..

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. marcel285 profile image63
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

turn around and ask you for cash??

I have searched for many genuine affiliate programs that claim that you will make a ton of money, and not one of them doesn't actually require you to spend money.

I applied for free information recently about one of these programs, and they called me and told me that i could easily peasily make $20,000 a month. They beat around the bush about what the business actually is, which drives me bloody barney.

Anyway, i proceeded with the conference call, they were beating around the bush, and i say, 'Okay can we get to the point please, how much money is this going to cost me?' ..'$2000.'..'Goodbye!!' And after one hour of being on the phone to these people, i still have no idea what the hell the business is actually about.

Now they won't stop calling me, asking, 'Is this Marcel, is Marcel there.' I say, 'No sorry you have the wrong number.' They call back and say 'Well we got hold of Marcel on this number last week.' I say, 'No sorry, you've made a mistake.' If the company is worth billions, which they claim it is, then why are they so concerned about little ol me?

And they friggen laughed at me when they asked me how much i wanted to make a month, i said $5000. Then the lady on the line was like 'oooh okay, umm that's not really good enough, we like people whom are serious about money. $5000 is too easy.'...Um well then why are you trying to force me to part with $2000..?

2. thisisoli profile image74
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Theres no such thing as free money, most of these programs simply help you set up a basic webpage and then tell you about Google Adsense, and how it can make you rich. 

I can tell you how to make money online for free,

Lots of Hard Work.

3. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Yep, Gotta say I agree there.
    I got caught once.......once I said.

After that was a bit more savy and slowly learnt a little here and there by hovering the mouse over a link in the google ads to see which were the affiliates links. Then go and google the affiliate site to join. Then set up your own links and sell,sell,sell.
    Good luck Marcel.

Wrote an e-book for the locals here if you are interested.Just ignore the link thru to the product and make use of the ideas rather.Wrote it when I started and never ever sold it. Its just a link on my websites home page now.

its at www.durban-property-searcher.co.za/easi … -guide.pdf

4. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

You never pay anyone for getting affiliate programs, ever. Think about it, if the point is to help them sell stuff, why would they turn around and ask for money from the person helping them?

What you described is places that are making their living off selling scams and programs to,,,, make money online, lol! If you want to get real affiliate programs there are hundreds of them.

Here are just two real good ones, two of the biggest:
    http://www.cj.com/

http://www.shareasale.com/

You just sign up for free and then choose from the hundreds of programs they have. Pick ones that match what your content is, or what you want to push.

Then just make a website and start selling. I have a dozen websites where I do this. smile

1. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish I could afford dozens of websites !

1. Bill Manning profile image68
        Bill Manningposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually websites are free, if you know how to do it. All mine are made by wordpress software, which is free for everyone. Most people don't understand that wordpress is not just a blogging tool, it's also a great website maker.

All you need to buy is your domain names and hosting. Names go for around 8 bucks a year, hosting plans you can get for 20 bucks a month. So for 28 bucks you can have your own website. smile

2. Dale Mazurek profile image62
        Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Another thing is free websites.  Thats what I used when I first got started and was making plenty of cash before I finally started buying domains and hosting.

I dont mean huge dollars when I say plenty of cash but was making several hundred a month just using free websites.

I know they arent the best for SEO but they did help me accomplish what I needed until I could get the funds I needed to move forward.

Cheers

Dale

1. Jane@CM profile image59
          Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dale, what do you think of ucoz.com - it appears they are a free hosting site (they beat hubpages in the mashable awards), but I'm a little leary about them.

1. Dale Mazurek profile image62
            Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For a free website they look great.  I wouldnt be scared to use them.  Of course eventually Im sure they will give you payment options but they all do.

Just remember free sites are a little harder with seo but they can do the job until you can afford to go the other way.

Dale

5. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

There are lots of affiliate programs you don’t pay anything for. But... you are not going to get rich and it probably won’t be quick. Just look at any product or web page that interests you and then do a search on their site to see if they have affiliate programs. Many do. A few I know of— Ebay, tickemaster, John Chow, Problogger, buy.at, etc.etc. I have never worked at any of them seriously yet but there are tons.
    Good luck

6. thisisoli profile image74
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

It's pretty cheap to get your own host nowadays, and if you are looking to create an online presence, then tehre is not really any reason not to have one.

When it comes to free sites you should probably go for something like Blogger :p

7. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Blogger, weebly, blog.co.in are some good options.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)