HubPages Staff.....Yet another problem??????????????

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey HubPages Staff,

I cannot EDIT my Valentine's Day Hubs???????????????

This is a severe problem considering it needs to be published on SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to edit the Hub 5 times and it keeps trying to load a hubtool/edit/  and for some reason, the error forces Windows IE to reset and reload, over and over again??????????????

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Wow... A lot of punctuation marks... Have you restarted your browser? Cleared any cookies? Restarted the computer? I haven't had any problems today.

Side tip, you typically publish holiday stuff in advance for better SEO traffic.

Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes there is. tongue

DONE twice now.

It's irrelevant. My Valentine's Day Hub is for the ladies of HubPages, not for my personal gain. smile

But, thank you for the help. smile

3. Cagsil profile image70

It will not allow me to edit the hub.

It keeps running into an error in IE, and reloads the edit mode of the hub.

This is only effecting my Valentine's Day Hub.

I am able to edit others without a problem?

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

4. Cagsil profile image70

Hmmmmm??????????

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Oh that sucks, Cags! I hope that the staff reads this and get on the issue!

Yes it does. Because it is happening to my HUB #2 only.

I am able to edit other hubs, but not that one? I don't get it, it doesn't make anymore sense than the fact that I've still not received my newsletter and still receiving sporadic emails.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yikes sad

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only to the second one? Okay that is really weird..

if it makes you feel any better I still have to hit publish twice before it'll publish any of my hubs big_smile okay yea I know that isn't as big as your issue but still an issue so you aren't suffering alone smile

Thank you Crazd. smile

2. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I published one yesterday after you mentioned that problem, and had to hit the button twice and so lost the opportunity to share it with twitter and facebook.
          Haven't written never mind published another onesince!

1. profile image0

aaa Izzy I'm sorry that you are having issues too. It's no fun at all sad

6. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

send an email, maybe? they are usualy pretty quick to respond. Ive had something similar happen. I just had to shut my computer down, I tried again a few hours later and it was fine.
    Just dont panic.  smile

I have to panic. I don't have much time to work on the Hub #2 and every passing minute takes away from my chances to get it done on the deadline. smile

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad  did you send them an email?
        im only saying don't panic because you might not think of every possible solution. I honestly dont know what you could do besides email them....breath....and maybe restart your computer one more time?
        good luck

7. Cagsil profile image70

Just edited a different hub and editing working fine?????

Again, makes no sense?????? yikes sad

Edit: Just tried another hub to edit.....no problem????? yikes

8. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Cag's I hope they fix it soon, you've been working so hard at it.

9. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Have you tried Firefox?

Do you actually manage to open the Hub to edit, or does it mess up before then?

Just asking because mine occasionally jams up whilst I am in edit mode - I copy the URL and paste it into another tab. That one then works just fine.

Absolutely no idea if that helps in the slightest, but you never know.

Best of luck - I know how much work you have put into this hmm

No, I haven't and I shouldn't have to.

I've tried opening it in it's own window and tried opening it in a new tab.

IE keeps getting an error, when loading a hubtool/create/name during the edit mode.

I've done everything to change/fix the problem, but the error keeps coming, and when it does, it locks up for a few seconds and then tries to reload in the edit mode? It keeps going in circles?????????

Thank you Sufidreamer. smile Appreciate the help. smile

10. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

its a good suggestion to just try it with a different browser

Firefox, its like IE, except for it works rightand isnt riddled with security flaws and bloat

11. Cagsil profile image70

I just open 3 NEW tabs with other hubs, all different, then edited ALL 3 at once.

No problems with any of them? yikes sad

So, IE cannot be the problem? smile

1. sunforged profile image72
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

IE can always be the problem, it saves a lot of headaches in web browsing/publishing to just be able to pull up alternate browsers (firefox,chrome,opera) when necessary...its surprising how often it gets the job done...you dont always know why

and really IE just isnt as good as the others anymore

Sufis link is rather telling...bunches of people saying IE just doesnt work right!

12. Cagsil profile image70

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 21:28:24 UTC

Line: 73
    Char: 47
    Code: 0
    URI: http://hubpages.com/hub/Women-Writers-o … -Part-Deux

This is the error I am receiving, before I even edit the hub.

I hope this helps? smile

1. Sue Adams profile image95
      Sue Adamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It says: "sorry, this hub no longer published" when I click the link.

1. Sue Adams profile image95
        Sue Adamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you keep a draft of the hub offline?

13. Sufidreamer profile image79

There is a little info here, Cags smile

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/For … d878664615

Cut and paste the error, without the timestamp, and run a Google search - you are not the only one to have the problem.

I skimmed through a couple of sites and they all suggested that things are fine with Firefox - I seem to remember that Firefox is the suggested browser for HP, although my memory is not the greatest hmm

We are getting there - I am no techie, but we can blunder through this! smile

14. Cagsil profile image70

Thank you again Sufidreamer. However, I'm not using IE 8. I am using IE 7 that I'm aware of. smile

15. Sufidreamer profile image79

hehe - most of my post is now redundant!

It seems that your choices are:

Hunt on the Microsoft site for a patch

Install Firefox

For things like this, I have two browsers - if one messes up, it is easy enough to switch between the two. I use Firefox, but it occasionally messes up, so I switch to IE or Chrome smile

Anyway, that is way beyond the limit of my techie knowledge. If we keep bumping this up, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will notice!

EDIT: Like Sunforged! Crossed posts, buddy big_smile

16. Cagsil profile image70

Thank you Sunforged.

I guess I'm just going to shutdown HubPages for the day. Maybe, I'll attack the problem tomorrow or some other time.

Should my hub not be published on time. Oh well. smile

Have a great day!

1. profile image0
      Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cagsil,

You are using IE7 on what operating system?

Window XP

1. profile image0
          Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Alrighty, thanks Cags. I'll see what I can find out!

Thank you Norah. smile

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
              pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I looked at this a bit.  I believe the cause is a combination of Internet Explorer and the shear number of capsules in the hub.  I was able to edit without trouble in Firefox.  In IE I saw that an error similar to what you are reporting, but was able to go ahead and edit the hub by just ignoring the error, although things were a bit slow.  I doubt that I have exactly the same Internet Explorer configuration as you, so it's hard to recommend  a precise remedy.

We don't enforce any strict limit on capsules, but depending on your browser and configuration things may become less stable starting around 100-150 capsules.  If you don't want to use firefox,  I'd suggest adding a part trois and quatre.

I guess I will simply delete the hub and start from scratch, as much as I hate to do that.

I get it about the 100-150 capsules, but I have no where near that many capsules even loaded into that hub.

I know I have about that many in Hub #1, but Hub #2 isn't anywhere near finished. So, I guess I'll figure out something.

Thank you for the help. hmm

17. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Cags, I love ya hon, so take the advice, load Firefox.  It doesn't take much time and you'll enjoy your internet so much more.  I was a hard core IE fan for years, after I tried Firefox, I don't even think twice about IE anymore.  smile

Thank you Jane. smile wink

18. Cagsil profile image70

My problem is ONLY on this one particular hub?

All other hubs are editing without a problem

19. Cagsil profile image70

Attention HubPages Staff, forget the problem

I am simply going to delete the hub and start over. smile

That seems to the only solution. The problem isn't effecting any of my published or unpublished hubs.

It's directly related to just my Valentine's Day Hub #2.

smile

20. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

aaaa Cags! I'm sorry that you have to start all over again

I am still biding my time right now. smile

It just doesn't make any sense. smile

1. profile image0

yea it definitely doesn't...it's too werid LOL

And, then some. lol lol lol lol lol

2. larryfreeman profile image78
        larryfreemanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cagsil,

I tried to reproduce your issue.  I was able to edit both of your hubs in both Firefox and IE 7.

I suspect that your problem has to do with an IE setting. 

If you click Tools->Internet Options  (Advanced Tab):

Make sure that that under the "Browsing Section":

You should have checked:

* Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)
        * Disable script debugging (Other)

That may be the issue that you are hitting.

-Larry

Hey Larry, the things you suggested are already marked. smile

1. larryfreeman profile image78
            larryfreemanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for checking.

Are you using IE8?

-Larry

21. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Cags, I was a die-hard IE user as well, but I have switched to Firefox because it just has fewer problems with the Hub Pages editors et al.
    I am finding it loads slower and I sometimes have to reboot, so it is certainly not perfect, but WAY fewer problems, especially with hubs that have similar titles - IE HATED my adventure series - that's when I switched, too.
    Made no sense to me either, so if you find out what the hiccup is, let us know. In the meantime, hang in. We're all happy to wait for your Hub, my friend. wink

But it's ONLY on that hub?

22. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I've had a similar problem in the past, and all i did was shut down IE and go to Firefox. The problem did not surface on FF. And it was only a couple of hubs too. IE is problematic many times as far as i'm concerned.

But it makes not a lick of sense, because I can edit every other hub I have.

I can edit the Original Valentine's Day hub, but not the sequel. So the problem isn't IE.

23. Cagsil profile image70

Maybe I should just simply publish Hub #1. Make it an official hub and then try editing the other one.

I can only think that for some reason these two hubs might have something to do with the other one not working? Unsure about that. smile

24. Cagsil profile image70

Attention HubPages Staff,

Problem solved. I apparently had no choice but to switch to firefox in order to edit the hub.

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

I guess I don't have a choice now but to make the switch. I don't have to like it, but did make the switch.

25. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I love Firefox though I'm still learning it. I made the switch about six months ago after I started getting blue screen errors.
    I'm still getting blue screen errors but Firefox will reload my pages exactly the way they were before the crash, even including half-written web emails!!
    Don't remember IE ever offering that service!

Oh and glad you are sorted Cags smile

26. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I got a notification on a new comment tonight...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)