There is no excuse for fat children !

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (100 posts)
  1. 05Jamie profile image59
    05Jamieposted 14 years ago

This is somthing I feel strongly about there is no excuse for parents to have an overweight child !

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you starting idiotic threads just for fun or this is how you make a living?

05Jamieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Misha do you have a problem with me because It seems like everything I do you are getting involved with pathetic loser comments please dont speak to me

1. Misha profile image64

I definitely have a problem with you. Your condescending intolerant attitude is the reason. And no, I am not going away, I will continue call you on your every post with such an attitude. smile

Ok this is an idioticmthread however so was my last one BUT.....on this one you commented saying "Yep Izzy, I am right there with you. smile" agreeing with the point of the thread ! And on the last thread  "Now you confused me LOL. May be I mistook the guys intention?"....."OK, that's for saving my sanity LOL" Two occasions you agreed with me on two diffrent forums so ......I WIN LOSER BOY

1. Pearldiver profile image68
              Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is this BS Jimmy? hmm

Are You referring to Misha as "Loser Boy?"  In the Same Vein as you referred to me as being Jealous of You? lol Jealous???? lol Of?? 

A Bit of a Smartarse Attitude for a Newbie! hmm

2. habee profile image92
            habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go, Misha!!

2. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. Mamelody profile image60
      Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's true parents shouldn't allow their kids to just go bazooka tongue

1. NewYorker profile image58
        NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mamelody and Jamie,
        I actually have to agree with Misha, this is a very idiotic thread. Have you two ever heard of EATING ADDICTION? Some children just can't stop, like 40% of adults in the world can't stop smoking. Food/Eating addiction is a VERY serious problem, and nothing to make fun of, nor is it something to say is inexcusable. Watch what you say, you are stepping WAY over the line.

Children who feel lonely sometimes seek comfort in food. Just like some adults do. Outcasts often start eating obsessively because food gives them a satisfying feeling, just like drugs give junkies a satisfying feeling.

This is a very sensitive issue, so I suggest you watch what you say.

3. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So what if there child happens to have a thyroid problem? I understand diet and excercise our son is not heavy but he does have a friend who is heavy and he has a thryoid problem how do you explain this? What if being heavy was a part of there genes since there is small, medium and large built bones?

4. Sally's Trove profile image80
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One day you may marry, you may have a child. This child of yours may come to have a weight problem. Whether the source of the problem is physical or emotional, you will not be able to do anything about it, no matter how much you love and how much you care and how competent you may be about health and fitness.

I wonder, at that time in the future, if you will diss your child as you have dissed parents and children in the here and now.

I mean REALLY CMON how would you ever know when and if i will EVER have children ?

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No disrespect toward you but I do notice a sense of insecurity within yourself. I hope you were not bullied when you were a child, but by your words there could be a strong possibility, in your pic you do not appear to be to thin yourself so why would you start a thread offending others especially children? Either you are young and cocky or do not have compassion for children. I hope you remember you were once a child yourself so again either you were bullied or you were the bully.

5. whiteorchids profile image60
      whiteorchidsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

By the look in you pic you certainly are not in tip-top shape. I bet you have a little belly growing under that green shirt.

2. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

we have no idea how this recession is going to work out, we may have to eat them, so keep feeding smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!!

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Come on now, I love fat kids.  Basted with butter and black pepper they taste like chicken.

1. Shadesbreath profile image79
          Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It worked in A Modest Proposal

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you been reading Swift again??

3. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

hyperthyroidism ... a small percentage of the cases, but a percentage that should be allowed out of the equation as the parents are unable to control their weight, due to a medical condition.

1. rmcrayne profile image89
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hypothyroidism.  smile  Thyroid conditions are grossly under-diagnosed in adults, so likely underdiagnosed in kids as well.

1. IzzyM profile image88

A simple blood test can rule that out, and no doubt medics check it on obese children

1. rmcrayne profile image89
          rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would be great if true IzzyM.  It doesn't take but a little digging to find that most MDs are not very knowledgable at all about endocrine disorders.

2. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very true!  Graves disease is also under-diagnosed in children.

Thyroid cancer is also under-diagnosed.

4. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

genetics? i foresee a future of giants. human bone structures will evolve to accommodate  the weight . im a skinny guy . i have two  big grown sons 6  footers  high 200s their not fat their giants of men. a formidable team of boys to  recon with.  now heres the question . am i their skinny dad to blame for their stature . or is it my fat x wifes fault? i strongly suggest it was my fatso of a x .
    this was sarcasm by the way.

5. 05Jamie profile image59

My girlfriend has an underactive thiroid and she is nowhere near overweight its all about balanced diets and not feeding children junk food all the time although it is hard in a society that execivley promotes fatty foods

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's easy to say "my kids will NEVER...."
      Guess what? When you have kids, that all goes to hell. Any number of life-saving medications could also cause massive weight gain. When you have more experience in life, it's not likely you'll insist on being so black and white about such issues. If you do remain that way, it would be a shame.

Gain it yes however it  is the parents responsability so you are saying .....take the medicine get better and stay obese ? opose to get better and get back on track ?

2. IzzyM profile image88

Your girlfriend is probably on medication.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi jamie, lifestyle is part of it, family lifestyle -- eating habit --

and the one who is mainly responsible for the cooking and feeding the children should be knowledgeable on calorie counts

7. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

further more  this idea that foods or intake  determine weight gain .  rings false to me . im skinny . i eat like a pig and  like junk food. i dont gain weight. i want my gosh dang super sized fries back.

1. aware profile image66
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We seem to share two things.. a fast metabolism and a love of junk food! lol lol

8. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

There were cildren taken into Local Authority care in the UK not so long ago because they were grossly obese and their parents seemed incapable of sticking to a diet plan.

9. 05Jamie profile image59

Thats high metabolisim however even people with low metabolism have no excuse they just have to eat better and work harder

10. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

ohh  the local authority in the uk  . they will fix things im sure .  i heard their diet plan really works . lol

1. IzzyM profile image88

Quite!
      When I think of the children of junkies they bend over backwards to keep with their parents, who usually end up in hospital through trying their parents' methadone, they take overweight kids away??

11. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

you know santa clause is a fat guy. he must have had cruddy parents too. 
    witch hunters . do know those type of people jamie?

12. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

parents think they are too busy to cook decent meals for their kids. many, many children eat on the way to school and on the way to soccer practice or ballet or yoga or gymnastics.

or families that are struggling or don't know how to cook just eat junk food. I saw a show yesterday that talked about diabetes becoming or is the number one disease in US. the amount of sugar this generation eats is double what it was a few generations ago.
    too many children are diagnosed early with diabetes now.
    even with genetics, parents can make a difference. it's very sad and alarming to know there are so many parents that don't care about their kids health.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good points.

some parents do have to assume responsibility for their children's health, especially when they let them eat unlimited amounts of bad foods and don't let then get any exercise. of course that will cause weight gain and development of bad habits. but for the OP to say that there is "no excuse" sounds like he is passing judgment on overweight children or something. they are just little children and maybe some of them suffer from a medical condition or something, i mean you don't really know...

13. 05Jamie profile image59

Yeah it seems easier for people to go eat a mcdonalds oppose to having a salad or some fruit !

14. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

ok lets try answers now. not blameing . but ways . real ways to address this problem

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey, I'm all for that. find ways to feed children. there's a wealth of info online of how to feed children healthy, affordable food.

for preschoolers, I wrote a hub about healthy lunches.
      it would apply to early primary also.

one thing to eliminate is soda, completely. kids need to be drinking more water and low fat milk.

1. profile image0

i agree with this too smile

um, Jamie? i came from a "poor household" and i was actually underweight. i weighed 85 pounds when i was 12. fast food chains have to promote their food, how else are they going to sell it? they are not responsible for putting that food on our tables, we are. why are you so angry about this issue?

15. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

ones that protect personal liberty's

16. 05Jamie profile image59

Poor households could recieve an allowance....Fast food chains should not be allowed to exessivley overpromote crap !

1. IzzyM profile image88

It is actually cheaper to prepare and cook food fresh than it is to buy ready-meals or fast food.

1. Misha profile image64

Yep Izzy, I am right there with you. smile

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is certainly cheaper to buy fresh food, but I think we as Americans have gotten so lazy that we no longer want to take the time to go buy it, take it home and then prepare it.  We run such hectic lives on such crazy schedules, we just want to swing through a drive-through and eat it on the way to the next appointment.  It's all about convenience. 

I think if someone could finally make good healthy food just as convenient, more people would eat it.

17. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

here they want to add higher tax to sodas . taxes . thats their idea .   pipe dreaming to get more of my money . pisses me off

18. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

My sisters and I grew up in a household where we were not only chubby, but fat at some point. I started plumping up at 4, and my younger sister as well.

By 15, I was over 200 lbs (at about 5'2) and knew it was time to take my diet into my hands and now after losing a lot of weight things are better. hmm

I went through years of torture from kids, parents, etc. which still has left me very insecure. It's something I need to work on.

Point being, I was used to getting Mcdonalds/Wendys 2 times a week, eating pudding, dunkaroos, cookies...no veggies or fruits.

I love my parents and  I'm not going to blame them for anything regardless of what they fed me.
    However, I will learn that if I have kids, I WILL feed them healthy. I don't want them to go through what I did.

I believe, parents ARE responsible most times for fat children.

1. profile image0

wow, you've come a long way. that's awesome smile

if that food isn't in the house, no one will eat it, and if there is fresh, washed fruit lying around, kids will eat that. and skim string cheese and yogurts. i chill them in the freezer for a bit, just before they get frozen. i swear they taste like ice cream!

19. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

i wont hear any mc d s bashin here lol

20. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

Genetics people . think  think. I feel so bad for these poor fat kids right now . The little  John Candys out there the little Chris Farley's. and John Belushi. I can picture them growing up  being  a big kid and  their parents screaming at them . Why are you so fat ! Eat your fukin carrots and drink that water. You fat bastards you . all with society's consent . It just makes me wana puke.  wait.... that just gave me a idea.

1. torimari profile image67
      torimariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks rebekahelle and cosette. smile

Being stockier or having more fat to a degree may just be in genetic makeup, but USUALLY it's just an excuse.

The UK and USA are known to be the fattiest people around. We also have fattier, crappier diets than other countries who have much less obesity due to healthier food.

We aren't fat mainly to genes...we are morbidly obese due to a crappy diet in comparison to other countries. And, you can't just say Americans are genetically inclined in general, because Americans are people from every country and culture. Chinese, French, Indian, Black...where in those native countries these people have a different diet. Not genetics.

1. drej2522 profile image68
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I tend to agree here. Although I never had problems with being overweight, I grew up knowing many children who ate poorly...having corndog, hamburger, hotdog, pizza, etc diets...
        I believe genetics plays a role in how our bodies handle poor diets, but in the end, it is the diet that causes the unhealthy condition.

21. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

not sure what you're trying to say aware. parents are responsible for their kids health. if there is some genetic problem, children even more so need to be eating properly and seeing a doctor for routine check ups.

good for torimari who had to take her health into her own hands.

22. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-south-park-007.gif"I'm not fat, I'm big boned"

1. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

L0L...Cartman ROCKS!!

23. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Wow a reason to judge others how quaint.  When the obese get their civil rights would this conversation be considered hate speech?

24. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Diet and exercise is important, but there is also a genetic component. Some people will eat as healthy as they can, but still suffer from weight problems.

While a lot of the current obesity wave can be attributed to lack of exercise and poor diets, there will always be a genetic strength for some to weigh more than others.

However, even though they may ahve to work harder, even those with a genetic direction towards being overweight, can still be slim if they eat right and exercise. The calories DO have to come from somewhere.

25. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 14 years ago

There is an excuse for fat children....they may just like their food!

Food has become a point of eating when we aren't even hungry, boredom sets in and being less active can do it too....I just want to eat!!

26. caravalhophoto profile image59
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

Children and Adults have an issue with obesity...this of course leads to diabetes, heart disease and hypertension...it also can lead to worse...such as cancer.

I believe this is caused by convenience...fast food and computer games...no physical exercise.  Also, to go buy a hamburger at McDonalds does cost a lot less than cooking a healthy balanced meal, I am speaking for 1 person. 

Unfortunetly, people do not realize that to feed a family of four a healthy balanced meal can be done under $10.00, but to take a family of four out to McDonalds will cost over $20.00.

I am studing for my Bachelors in Holistic Nutrition and my Associates as a Natural Chef.  I haven't sat down and wrote a hub yet...but Obesity is a big problem and our kids are the losers in this World of convenience.  Watch the video Food, Inc...great watch. smile

27. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Further to your previous thread (referred to by Misha)

I believe you Stated that I was a Liar in regard to my claim that you called me Gay in a PM email to me via HP: You said that you did not do so. Here is the Email in question;

You being a Gay
    Fri, 5 February, 2010 1:40:42 AMFrom: Jamie (via HubPages) Add to Contacts
    To: < Deleted >

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie (jamie-m23@live.co.uk) 05Jamie on HubPages
    has sent you this message.
    (email address not verified)

Got a new forum WITH CAPITALS you should have a look

Well???  You seem to Lack Credibility on this Jimmy smile

You Act Like a Troll mate!  But, I guess you've learnt to use lower case more since it was last pointed out to you!! big_smile

Like Misha.... I will also follow you with interest, troll smile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ME AND A FAT RUSSIAN MAN WILL TRY AND BULLY YOU ............................NEXT JOKE LOSERS

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow I am kind of shocked by this...well in this case I take back welcoming you to the website since you are obviously very rude to ppl, most of them being my friends. very sad!

1. profile image0

where are the mods when you need them? this guy is scandalous.

1. Sally's Trove profile image80
            Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen to the need for mods.

2. 05Jamie profile image59

I really feel sorry for you creating a fake e-mail to make me look bad ! do you have that much time on your hands ?  However im glad Im becoming the focal point of your time spent on hub pages you should become a follower

1. profile image0
        Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is there an excuse for poor grammar on a website for writing?

28. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

computer games stop kids getting exercise

29. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I know some people who say there is no excuse for children!

30. 05Jamie profile image59

There is no excuse lol !

31. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

There is only one loser on this thread...

Ur name is appropiate in this situation

32. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I have not seen anyone state what should be obvious to all of us. Some people can eat what they like and never put on fat. I know, I am one of them.
    I have a friend who can't even enjoy his glass of wine or eat too many apples. If he walks past a food place he puts on weight.
    I have known John for 40 years now, and he has never been a big eater.
    There is some new science that is discovering why. The known symptoms have an underlying cause which science is trying to get on top of.
    For example it is now understood why it is near impossible to cut back on food for many overweight people that has nothing to do with weak character or over indulgence.

People who can control weight under these circumstances are heroic, and many although making Herculean effort cannot lose much weight before the body gets even more ill.
    My wish is for tolerance and a medical breakthrough is needed and coming.

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good morning Earnest.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Earnesthub, you're right.  There was a fascinating program on Australian TV last week.  They put a group of thin people on a program where they had to eat twice their normal amount of calories for a month, then they tested how much weight they added.

Even though they were all on the same program, there were big differences in weight gain.  One guy put on hardly any weight at all - tests indicated he was emitting the excess energy as heat. 

However, I don't know that it's a good idea to emphasise that fact, because it gives people an excuse. 

I believe the main reason for the problem is serving sizes.  I gained weight from the moment I set foot in Australia, because serving sizes are so much bigger here than in Britain.  I'm reminded of that, every time I go over there for a visit - and then I forget all over again when I come back home.  And in America, typical servings are much larger again.  We're all eating more than we need at every meal.

The other thing that's changed is plated meals. When I was growing up, food was served in central bowls and we helped ourselves, which provided some natural portion control.  These days, food is plated up and put in front of you - and parents serve their kids adult-sized meals without thinking.

33. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

That's a very good point Marisa.
    Plating of meals - I've done it all my adult life but as a child we had to help ourselves at the dinner table and there were dirty looks given if you took too much!

34. earnestshub profile image81

I agree about the plate size. It varies a lot in Australia, with caucasions like me eating much smaller portions than in the past.
    We have so many people here from other places and we have shared this knowledge too.
    Despite the variety of eating habits we still have many obese kids and people do over-eat here too.

I am more concerned for the many for whom it is not intake related, which is now being understood.
    I don't think any person who is big without being an over eater should have to cop some of the attitudes expressed here. smile

35. earnestshub profile image81

Good morning BP!

36. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

page one earnest

37. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Augustus Gloop was always hungry, he would have drunk that chocolate river up, if he hadn't fallen in and then got sucked up Willies pipes!

38. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

KILL THE THREAD IT'S TOO FAT

39. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I watch a lot of obesity shows on the Medical Channel as well as had a few nutrition classes in college.

Consistently, on these programs, and my professors (both Nutritionists with PhDs) said that obesity in American *children was 30% due to genetics, and 70% diet, lifestyle, etc...

I wish I could locate some of the pamphlets they gave with the medical studies to get these results. But, after 2 years, they are gone.

Thought I'd add that since there is a lot of talk about genetics and fat.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

After 2 years they are out of date too! There is a lot going on in the investigation of obesity. smile

1. torimari profile image67
        torimariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The classes are. I should have been clearer.

Last night I watched a teen obesity show from 09' that had a  doctor commentaries who also quoted the 30% genetics, and 70% diet in American children's obesity.

Anyhoo, it would be odd if all of the sudden genetics problems were causing more obesity even from 2 years ago. And, if genetic problems for obesity has grown I'm sure it can be traced to bad diets from parents, relatives...regardless, diets here is still the main cause of genetics.

Genetics play a part, but I still feel are a big excuse for parent's having terribly fat children.

40. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I wish we could help those fat children by discussing their problems here, but alas, they don't even know we exist and will probably have to wait until therapy when they are grown up to find out some of these things.

41. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

You might want to re-think insulting people by name in your profile blurb. Of course that is up to you if it is your decision, even if it is not in your best interest.

I'm sure you have something valuable to say.

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

who are you talking to?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Original poster-- (05Jamie)-- sorry forgot to quote.

2. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the OP, mega
        neutral

geez. This guy won't be around for awhile, I suspect...

42. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

hahaha...calling people out on the ole profile...hahaha (I can't stop laughing)

43. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

What a Sick Little Pup you must be Wee Jimmy Troll yikes

I Suppose your are on an extreme dosage of Diddle Development Pills and can't help yourself smile

Even though your actions appear to be that of a juvenial primate with an obvious penis envy delemia; I'm afraid I don't accept your intentional defamation. 

Clearly, you feel secure behind your screen, without any thought of how simple an IP address is able to identify the poster.  You have intentionally posted defamatory remarks which are designed to discredit two more senior members of this site to others here and Search Engines.

If this BS below is Not Removed from your account Bio within 48 hours.... I will advance proceedings against you.  Can I do that?  Watch and Learn Troll.

This nutter really does have a problem, with this BS And More than his ability to Spell. lol 

05Jamie on HubPages
    Hi Im Jamie apparently the most contravercial person on this as everyone else is too sympathetic towards some things which could be avoided.....such as obesity in children for example also there are two gay men on this site who are attracted to me MISCHA & PEARLDIVER who you may see commenting sarcasticly on everything i do ...THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE JELOUS AND ARE NOT AT MY LEVEL FOR ANYTHING possibly attracted to me wouldnt balme them I mean they are only human sorry guys I dont swing that way

1. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really? He can tell the bend of a twig from hundreds (or thousands) of miles away? He must have gaydar that rivals the scope of hubble ... or perhaps (and I assume this must be the case) he's suffering from chihuahua syndrome, where the littlest of dogs sees the need to take on the largest of doberman pinschers.

Last time I checked ... the chihuahua doesn't usually fare well in these episodes, but who am I to know the outcome for sure? smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How dare you lie and fake his profile? lol We all know what a liar you are PD...

1. drej2522 profile image68
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha

2. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

C'Mon UW... I was only practicing being at this troll's level yikes

44. Inukshuk profile image60
    Inukshukposted 14 years ago

I think some parents may try to control their children by keeping them overweight...so they are "safe" and de-sexualized

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)