Is anyone else screwing Valentine's Day?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (78 posts)
  1. Sa Toya profile image84
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

So I'm seeing lot of threads about what are you getting for someone expecting, plans etc.

Just wondering if I'm the only one pretty happy with ignoring the day altogether...and no it's not because I'm single, I've felt the same when I wasn't.

I just never really put much emphasis on it, it seems to be more about gifts than love.

My mother is convinced that when I get into a serious relationship and not the teeny crush puppy love stuff I've had, my feelings will change...maybe.

So who else is just not a fan.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i love valentine's day. i do think it should just be about candy and flowers and valentines though, not buying presents and whatnot.

2. bunnyjumalon profile image60
      bunnyjumalonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe hubbers try to do something that make this day special......Any suggestions.....I'm game!

3. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah ... I read the title wrong ... lol! I was thinking 'Heck ya, I am!'

Yep, I just proved why my half of the population are beasties. smile

1. lorlie6 profile image73
        lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya beat me to that, Yoshi!!  Guess I am a beastess, eh? lol

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

im not a huge fan of the holiday, but i think you can mostly blame hallmark and the floral companies for ruining it.  smile

5. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why is it that every time i skim through the threads and see this one it reads: "Is anyone else screwing ON Valentine's Day?"

*sigh*

is it just me?!

anyways...i'm with Mega1, and China (and chinese people everywhere)
      Though, i heard year of the Tiger is typically unlucky...all the more reason to welcome it in with a great celebration!

2. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Hello, Sa Toya, how are you smile

Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello I'm good thanks and you? well honestly PMS is kicking my ass at the minute but good big_smile

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I am a fan forever of the day of hearts, it is symbolic for me even though I dont have special someone,

I can spend it in many ways, I can visit my friend and teach her son to play the guitar, and appreciate the rhythm,

Happy Valentines to you Sa Toya, am glad youre back

Cheers and Ditto!!!

4. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

This holiday was created by greeting card companies.

lol lol so true so true!

2. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

February 14 was observed as the Feast of St. Valentine long before there was such a thing as greeting card companies.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mmmmmm yes and it belonged to Venus before religion & co lost it to Hallmark, and before that it was someone elses i expect. This is a day to stop and think about that special 'him' or 'her' in your life, and who they might be with today !

3. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep.

5. theirishobserver. profile image60

I have done a hub about the history of valentine smile

6. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

All singles in HP should celebrate.

Cheers

1. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

um..I'm single in my mind! Can I celebrate too? wink

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi5

big_smile

wink

2. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cheers!

7. Tenerife Islander profile image68
    Tenerife Islanderposted 14 years ago

I have no interest in Valentine's Day at all. I never get any Valentines and I don't send them.

8. theirishobserver. profile image60

Tenerife Islander, you sound so fine
    Dont be without, a Valentine
    We have plenty, to share with you
    Why dont you, join in too smile

1. Tenerife Islander profile image68
      Tenerife Islanderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you kindly for your lines,
      Though I never get any Valentines,
      Not even as the Bard of Ely,
      Although I am a poet really.
      So I gave up many years ago
      But my verses they still flow! smile

Giggity!

9. theirishobserver. profile image60

myownworld, your mind is a Pandoras box of magic, celebrate smile

big_smile pandora's box of magic....nice one!!!

10. skyfire profile image79

TIO do you have a cat @home ?

11. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

...actually I want BREATHING space on V day...hence my dislike for it! Cheers everyone...! big_smile

1. nikki1 profile image59
      nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why are so sad?

12. theirishobserver. profile image60

In direct answer to the question yes I will be screwing on Valentines day smile although she will think we are making love smile

ha ha..see, one's mind is an amazing place to be! One can be anywhere at anytime....and no one may know!

1. Hokey profile image60

I love you for your mind!!   big_smile

2. Hokey profile image60

neutral
      hmm
      smile

3. Sa Toya profile image84

lol ahahahaha

13. theirishobserver. profile image60

myownworld, exactly, they can take our freedom but not our mind smile

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i wouldnt be so sure of that. I guess...they cant take it permenantly.  smile

14. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

hmmmmm screwing on valentine's day!  novel thought!  I don't recall ever getting any on valentine's day - usually just got roaring drunk as with every holiday, too drunk to do it, preparing for St. Pat's.   But now I just let it slip past without any notice, quietly glad that I won't have a hangover and I won't have caught in std!

15. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

smile smile @ Irish and Hokey!

hey people look at this way, if we don't have anyone on valentine's we can always come here and comfort each other. And that's NOT sad...! big_smile

1. Hokey profile image60

YUP!!! big_smile

Agreed!

(((hey, u using threaded version of forums by any chance?))

Yes I am...I bet it looks insane my post on this thread with out it.
            I''ve been replying to everything. big_smile

change to chronological then...!!

2. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yippy

Singles Rule

smile

And Couples Drool!

16. Jumpness profile image60
    Jumpnessposted 14 years ago

Yup, girlfriend and I decided to not celebrate this "holiday."

17. theirishobserver. profile image60

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
    Sa is Hublicious, so are you smile

1. Hokey profile image60

ME ???  big_smile

roll big_smile

2. myownworld profile image73

ah..there u are Sa! Romance in any ANTI-valentine's thread! That's life for you in all it's wonder...! wink

18. Preethi Anusha profile image68
    Preethi Anushaposted 14 years ago

I may top your list Sa Toya

good to know I've got you on my side

1. Preethi Anusha profile image68
        Preethi Anushaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

always there  in this regard   wink

Yay! big_smile

19. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

The Valentine's Day is a great day to be part of, even if you are single, because that means you can surprise someone by doing something special for the person you surprise.

It will seem like it comes out of nowhere, because you don't go out of your way to make them feel special year round. I find it a day to where I am the one who always surprises at least one person, whether or not, I know them.

I go the extra mile to make someone smile on that day, regardless of what their situation is or has come to. It's important for women to feel special on the day, because it's really the only day where LOVE is in the air, literally.

So, with that said- make the day worthwhile and do something for someone. Buy a card, buy a flower or spend time with them should they not have someone to spend it with. smile

1. bunnyjumalon profile image60
      bunnyjumalonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Guess I have to follow your suggestion...I really don't care that much come valentines day....Just an ordinary day to me....hmmp...It's the chinese new year also and since I'm a tiger maybe I try to do something about it...What you think....!

2. Madison22 profile image61
      Madison22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awwww, that is sooooo sweet!

20. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

Seems like I'm always single on V day, so nothing special for me. Maybe I'll just get a little bit of extra love from my left hand,,,,,lol

21. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

uh....  roll

22. ASHWINSPGA profile image56
    ASHWINSPGAposted 14 years ago

Got no one to spend it with so im screwing Vday. lol

23. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

This year Valentine's is also Chinese New Year, which is a lot more fun to celebrate - drums, dragons, firecrackers and Chinese food!  That's the way I'm going - Year of the Tiger!  YAAAAH!

1. profile image0

count me in on that party!!

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It'll probably be happening in the HubTribe forum!

1. profile image0

the thing about that is...its a Sunday. I cant use the computer on Sundays....  sad

24. greeneyes1982 profile image57
    greeneyes1982posted 14 years ago

I dont celebrate it either... V day should happen in ones relationship throughout it not just ONE day out of an entire year.

25. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

i personally hate valentines day though my boyfriend said i will learn to love it with him ... idk i always do for the man im with but have never had any of them show any kind of love and affection towards me ... this will be terry and i's first v-day ... i told him not to do anything for me

26. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I am not a fan of Valentines Day...Hallmark made it out to be a mass holiday some years ago, Its just another day retailers use for an excuse to try and make major profits from desperate men who are afraid to tell their women how they really feel about the day.

27. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

No I wouldn't screw Valentines day as the chocolates may melt and get squashed, instead I shall screw my mrs if she'll let me!

28. NewYorker profile image58
    NewYorkerposted 14 years ago

I hate valentines day. In my opinion, this (and halloween) are the mothers of all non-holidays!

V day is CRAP!

29. lakeerieartists profile image62
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

It's one of the only days a year that my husband remembers to bring me a gift.  Usually chocolate covered strawberries.  So no, I will be celebrating.

30. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

No, but I'll be screwing on valentines day

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image56
      ASHWINSPGAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are supposed to be HP's resident monk Hokey. No screwing for you for the rest of your life

31. Red_Dragon profile image60
    Red_Dragonposted 14 years ago

Well I'm there with you....This is my first Valentine without a Valentine ......Hm.....maybe next year big_smile

32. laswi profile image57
    laswiposted 14 years ago

Who are the happiest people on Valentine day?

Yeah, happiest are the traders, businessmen and marketers who sell the Valentine day to market their products like greeting cards, flowers, clothing, phones, electronics and anything and everything.

33. skyfire profile image79

Last night, 20 km from my home there was blast from terrorists. So the valentines bash and parties and all plans are screwed. And being single, have to spend time online as there is nothing outside waiting for me.

34. profile image48
    marcusstewartposted 13 years ago

It is one of the only day a year that my husband remembers to bring me a gift. Usually chocolate covered strawberries. So no, I will celebrate.

anonymous prepaid credit card

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)