Knock Knock...Its God

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (42 posts)
  1. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Do you  think religious groups like Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses or other religious groups should be allowd to come knocking on your door to spread their message. What do say when they do show up at your door?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I invite them in to tell them the good news.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mormons-are-not … Christians

lol

1. Freya Cesare profile image78
        Freya Cesareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you can spread your message to them too, Mark, so it will even. big_smile

Absolutely. But - my message is the Truth instead of the per4verted word of God.

Your false prophet is perverting the Word of God. As are you by following the False Religion. We have a much better religion than yours because we do not allow sex with children.

The Goat tells us to wind up the infidels, especially those who insult the Holy Goat by saying it is smelly and refusing the proof given as scientific evidence - Feta.

Denying these proofs and evidences is an abomination of the Word and You Shall Pay with your Eternal Soul.!!

Just taste Genuine Feta and you will see. And if you do not - this proves that you are close minded and willfully denying the Truth.

Hei, I thought you goat feta just a joke! Sorry, Mark! I didn't know you really believe on that! I really do feel sorry.

About your comment on my Prophet and God, sorry Marx, you are not the first one who telling me that.

All I can say is:

"Your believe is yours, and my believe is mine."
            So let them be? Peace? smile

2. Pandoras Box profile image59
        Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's very decent of you Mark. wink

3. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No.

I prefer knock on door by God directly instead if he exist. I don't like crappy preachers to be honest.

3. defenestratethis profile image60
      defenestratethisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My brother answered the door dressed in surgical scrubs, holding the family cat in one arm and a kitchen knife in the other, and covered in ketchup stains...when he opened the door to the Jehovas Witnesses, he cried " Cant you see Im BUSY??!!!!"  Yeah, that technique works pretty good.

4. Freya Cesare profile image78

It is okay if they only give me a booklet or something like that, but I don't think I would like it if they start preaching. Just give me something to read. If I don't like it, I can make it disappear. But it's kind of hard to make people disappear. sad

How about if they lie and say they know how the world came into being instead of admitting that they do not know?

Is that OK?

We talking about people who knocked door and spread their messages in belief that different with the owner of the house, Mark.

"Give me a booklet, thank you for your kind, but please, I need to rest." smile

I will welcoming my Brothers and Sisters in belief nicely.

5. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whether or not they should be allowed to go door to door is probably not going to stop them from doing so and attempting to sell their snakeoil.

The last time the JW's knocked on my door, they were trying to convince me about the six reasons why Christianity was wrong. I couldn't disagree with their reasoning until they began to sell their religion, whereupon I began to ask what made their religion superior or different.

The silence was deafening.

The 10 year old boy that was with the JW told me in no uncertain terms that he didn't believe in evolution and didn't believe what he was being taught in school regarding science.

Sad indeed.

2. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I don't answer the door any more unless I am feeling grumpy and feel like making a meal of them! smile

1. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YummmmY! tongue

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True story. I was living in Darwin, plenty of money.. the good life. It was about a billion degrees in the shade (standard temp in Darwin in the wet season, and up rocks two young Mormons in their 14 piece near black suits, the sweat almost running out of their leather shoes. I open the door in standard Darwin Attire, a pair of brief shorts, no shirt.
        I invited them in for a cold drink and offered them to crew on my catamaran as I was just about to hit the yaught club.
        They of course said no, they were not permitted to do that. We started to talk about what they ARE allowed to do, and it amounted to breathing, praying and annoying the crap out of people like me. I told them my idea of hell would be to get sent to a tropical paradise, then put in a suit and not be allowed to enjoy anything. Sad. 2 nice kids with all that crap up their nose at about 20 year old.

3. Niteriter profile image61
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

You folks are so cruel. My dog is a Jehovah's Witness.

He must be a shitzu! smile

4. earnestshub profile image81

Come to think of it no, he would not be a shitzu, ours seems to hate all religious people including the ones in his own family!
    Dogs have a sixth sense you know, they can pick a bible basher a mile off! lol

1. defenestratethis profile image60
      defenestratethisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe thats bible thumper cool

I'm with the dog. Never met a bible basher who was moral on the inside. All smarmy and gooey on the outside, writhing with fear and hate on the inside. sad
        why else would they be running around door to door trying to convince every other person of something their sub-conscious knows is crap? smile

5. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

lol

6. earnestshub profile image81

We are trying to stop Yothi (the shitzu) from eating the new pizza guy, but I asked him about religion and the dog has it right again! The loser is a religious fanatic, and even pizza does not stop Yothi from ripping into him. (Yothi loves pizza)

7. peptalk profile image61
    peptalkposted 14 years ago

They should be 'allowed' to knock on doors, sure.  That doesn't mean that we have to answer the door though!

The Jehovah's Witnesses aren't too bad, they give you a couple magazines and move on.  The Mormons really get to me though. 

If you ever invite them in they begin their infiltration and you can never get rid of them.  As a woman, who spent a good deal of her childhood in Southern Idaho, I have very little interest in ever becoming a Mormon.

I usually tell them that it would not be a good idea to invite them in as my master, the great and mighty Abamawama-Woowoo, is a very jealous god and if they then insist on praying with me I begin the sacred prayers of Abamawama-WooWoo. They usually leave fairly quickly.

And earnest, the Mormon's are really only allowed to do two things in this life!

Neither of them seem to include anything remotely enjoyable. smile

1. peptalk profile image61
        peptalkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope, at least the Witnesses can drink though! 

I had a grade school friend who was a Witness, she had the nicest family I've ever met, but for the most part I haven't met many Witnesses who seemed to be particularly happy people.

My brother in-law is one. He single-handedly removed my sister and their children from the family. sad

Ahhhh.... Ouch!!!

I have tons of family in Southern Idaho... the Mormons are great for doing that too.  They seem to figure that if your family won't convert too then you shouldn't have anything else to do with them.  I have tons of grievances toward the Mormons.... don't even get me started there!

8. earnestshub profile image81

Knock Knock "It's god who's calling
    You know the sky is falling!"
    sad

9. defenestratethis profile image60
    defenestratethisposted 14 years ago

No, I dont think they should be allowed to peddle their religion door to door. Heck, advertise in the paper if ya want, hold dances and fundraisers, but stay off my doorstep.

And mine. We call them bible bashers down here defenestratethis.
      If they leave easy they have a lot better day than if they get pushy with me and I spoil their day for them.

10. Misterlak profile image60
    Misterlakposted 14 years ago

I find it very annoying and normally don't even open the door, even if they can actually see me sitting in the livingroom :-) but i wouldnt say they shouldnt be allowed. I mean how can you even forbid it?

11. marcofratelli profile image78
    marcofratelliposted 14 years ago

I reckon just have a couple of costumes ready to put on for the occasion. For example, if it was a jehovah's witness, just wear a burka or whatever. You don't have to say anything, they'll get the message. And if they don't get it, you can always pretend to not speak English. Make it obvious.

Better yet, try and sell them a magazine of your own! Be persistent. Take it even one step further and ask them to take out a one page ad in your magazine to encourage others to convert. Put it right next to a completely inappropriate or funny ad. Am I going too far? You just don't have to get worked up about them being there, turn it around to your advantage!! smile

12. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

If they bring pizza they can call day or night smile

Especially if it's FREE pizza!

13. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

shoot them

1. Pandoras Box profile image59

hah!

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

That would certainly cut down on the incidence of door knocking. But - this could backfire. After numerous conversations with Christians - I have now come to the conclusion that this is what they want above all else.

To become a martyr for their beliefs.

Shooting them will fulfill that desire and only strengthen their cause because it proves that they are being persecuted for their "faith" or "the god given right to annoy people to the point where they shoot them."

Lose lose. I prefer mocking them as the biybel tells me to do. There is a lot about mockers and scoffers ( I think scoffers are like trainee mockers or something.)

1. Pandoras Box profile image59

Eh, good point. You ruin all the fun..

Scoff.

14. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

You guys are funny. When I was quite young, my parents were active in the Jehovah's Witnesses. Since I was the youngest of my siblings, my mother used to drag me door to door with her and her friends. We lived in south Florida.

I always feel sorry for them now. But I've developed a back bone. I tell them straight up that I don't believe in religion of any kind, and I refuse to accept their books, telling them that they'd only go straight in the trash.

15. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

I made a huge 'gaf' recently, when I went around to a neighbours house and knocked on her door. Her Husband and my Husband were with me, but her Husband had forgotten his key. We knew she was home, but when she didn't answer the door immediately I jokingly called out at the top of my voice "Jehovah Witnesses!". It took me about 100th of a second to suddenly recall that she actually IS a Jehovah Witness, (although her Husband isn't). I could have died of embarrassment when she finally did open the door a few seconds later!!

16. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I usually tell them I worship lucifer and tell them they are just in time for lunch. I asked the Bhante I am a student of if this was wrong and he just laughed so I think I am ok.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)