You Need Your Dream To Be Interpreted, Then Say it Here

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (76 posts)
  1. karobi profile image62
    karobiposted 14 years ago

Hello Fellow forumites, I know from my experience in the vineyard, Interpretation of dream I mean 'correct interpretation can pose a lot of challenge if you do not have the proper experience the spirit of God'. And there is one thing that I know of a sure is that there is nothing that happen to any human being that is by chance, it must first of all take place spiritually first before it manifestation in the physical realm. What I am saying in essence is this, there are a lot of Christians today that God have shown many things or things that will happen to them in the nearest future some time positive and other time Negative in order for them to pray and forestall the occurrence. But what happen due to ignorance or bad interpretation they fall prey to the devil and his agents. so if you have any dream like that and seek an interpretation to it post it here by the grace of God an interpretation will be given through the inspiration of the Holy-spirit.

Thanks
    Bro. John

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not interpret my dream without me letting you know what I dreamed about. Daniel did it for Nebuchadnezzar.

Dan 2:1  And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him.

Dan 2:5  The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.

Dan 2:28  But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

Pretty simple isn't it. Interpretations are a dime a dozen, but the spirit of the Lord only dwells where He is welcome.

karobiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello SirDent, That is true Prophet Daniel did it   in the Bible, but you must know that is an exceptional case and God want to use that case to tell the king and the people of Babylon that, there is a God that knows every thing under the sun. So let me assure you that if God still want to use your case to prove his majesty He can still do it. Have a nice day.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmm...maybe....maybe not....

as soon as I pray and/or decide whether to trust your supposed "prophetic" visionary ability or whether you're a "seer".....

2. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Yo. Dude, I think you need to get a grip on reality, before you even try to interpret someone's dreams, including your own.

However, Welcome to HubPages. smile lol lol I do hope you enjoy your stay here. smile

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I had a reoccurring dream for decades.
    I was in the basement of our house with a friend. We were young boys, just playing with toys. All of a sudden my dad would come down the stairs, all the furnishings, toys and everything would disappear exposing only grey, concrete walls and floor. My friend would vanish and I would be completely naked standing in front of my dad, and he would grab me, put my head in one hand, and with his knuckles smash them into my skull, crushing it. Then when I was pulverized, he would leave me in a puddle of blood to die.

I know what the dream means. I want to know what *you* think it means.

And for the record, I am troubled no more by it. But the dream is real. It occurred over, and over again.

What do you think it means?

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My interpretation would be that you thought your dad wasn't very happy with your performance. You thought he despised you. Maybe because he was very hard on you. Very strict. and you where punishing yourself in the dream for that, instead of punishing your father.
      You respected him a lot and were afraid of him, even love was there as well.
      sorry, but I couldn't resist. I studied Psychology once big_smile

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Daniel there is still the option that your dream didn't mean anything.

1. tantrum profile image60

recurring dreams always mean something.

Maybe, but can the dreams be accurately interpretted?

I don't know. I gave my interpretation. I want to know if I was correct or not. It's been a long time since I have a psychology book in my hands.

tantrum, Your interpretation is in order,you I am just new I intend to reply Mr Dan directly but I couldn't. However my own Interpretation is below.
                thanks for your contribution

Lets wait and see what Daniel has to say.
                  I'm sorry to intervine, but I couldn't resist. I'm doing it as a test for myself. I want to know If I'm correct or not.
                  I hope you understand.
                  sorry again.
                  and your own interpretation is not below. It's a good one.

2. Cagsil profile image72
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would be sheer ignorance. Everything happens for a reason.

Therefore, the dream itself has a meaning or understanding, even if we don't at first realize what the meaning or understanding is about.

Just a thought. smile No offense intended. Wasn't calling you ignorant.

And just how do you know this to be true?

3. Faybe Bay profile image63
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Boys and their toys are soon parted. Silly isn't it. The basement represents depth. These feelings are deep down. You're children deep down playing with toys. Your father wants you to grow up and be a man, but he never taught you how to be a man. He never picked you up when you were hurt and crying, never told you everything would be okay. He just said "Grow up, Be a man." Even when he was the cause of your pain.
      You are naked before him which means you are hiding nothing from him. You never tried to hide your need for his help in growing to be a man, but even if you were dying you think he would say "grow up, be a man"
      Growing up is so over rated smile

4. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Our psyche has three personalities, our child, adult and parent.
      Our parent personality is established by how our child perceived our real parents, their rules, emotions, and reactions to us.
      Buildings also represent our inner self and the rooms, are the chambers of our minds.

Anytime your child was being the playful carefree child,  your parent would enter and always raised it's ugly restrictive head. When this happened everything, you perceived as good disappeared.  Your parent would not allow you to enjoy life.
      Your parent personality crushed your ideas and ability to be what you wanted to be.  It kept you from growing emotionally, mentally, or any other way you wanted to go. . than It literally left you to die and deserted you.

That's the way I see it anyway.

4. karobi profile image62
    karobiposted 14 years ago

@ Daniel Carter, You said when you were still a young Boy isn't it? The interpretation is simply, I think that then your dad don't give you much room to play so because of that you always have the feeling that your Dad is hash hence the nightmare. Nothing to fear is just children mind

5. profile image0
    sophsposted 14 years ago

I had this dream a few weeks ago where a man told me he had planted a bomb in my Nana's house and it would go off at midday, but I was to tell nobody otherwise he would kill me and all my family, so I tried to get all my family as far away from the bomb as possible, next thing I'm in the school I attended as a child, it's full of people just wandering around then we hear a massive bang. Iam then screaming for everyone to leave the building insisting it's a bomb, but everyone is looking at me asif I'm stupid. I then run outside panicking and can't find my daughter. We're stood in a big group and the man infront of me turns around and smiles kind of knowingly (if you know what I mean) at me, (it's my friend who passed away a couple of years ago) I try to talk to him but no words come out. He then puffs on his cigarette and looks away, then I wake up. This has happened twice! It's sooo strange.

Do you know what this means Tantrum? You seem to know what you're talking about smile

Yes, I think I know. Lety me interprete. give me 10 min
      I'll be back at you .

1. profile image0
        sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou smile

I had this dream a few weeks ago where a man told me he had planted a bomb in my Nana's house and it would go off at midday, but I was to tell nobody otherwise he would kill me and all my family, so I tried to get all my family as far away from the bomb as possible, next thing I'm in the school I attended as a child, it's full of people just wandering around then we hear a massive bang. Iam then screaming for everyone to leave the building insisting it's a bomb but everyone is looking at me asif I'm stupid. I then run outside panicking and can't find my daughter. We're stood in a big group and the man infront of me turns around and smiles kind of knowingly (if you know what I mean) at me, (it's my friend who passed away a couple of years ago) I try to talk to him but no words come out. He then puffs on his cigarette and looks away, then I wake up. This has happened twice! It's sooo strange.

Ok
          disclaimer : I'm not a psychologist, so please don't take it too seriously.

You have some memories of your Nana you don't like. And you want them deleted from your memory. So you make this situation in your dream, where the nana is in danger of disappearing.
          Then about your daughter.
          Something is bothering you. How old is she ? It looks like you don't like some situation about her. Can be some friends ?

your friend who passed away.
          you're seeking his advice, unconsciously. But you know he can't help you obviously. You miss him, you think if he was alive ,he would be the person you would call if any problem appears.
          I think you have to find someone really reliable to tell him/her your fears.
          you haven't found anybody yet ?

Please tell me if I'm right or wrong.
          I can take whatever. I'm not a shrink ! smile

1. profile image0

Right, well, the Nana part I don't think I have any memories of her or to do with her that I want deleted, unless they are maybe from back when I was really young and I can't remember- ya never know.

My daughter is only 2 so I can't really dislike her friends yet haha, buuuutt, I really can't stand her dad (I know that sounds awful) and we are having issues over cantact, so maybe that's it?

The third part about my friend is spot on, all of it.

Well done Tantrum! smile

Yes I think is the dad then. You're afraid he might harm her in some way ? Or that he can get the custody ?
              About your nana. try to remember. Maybe you heard  a conversation about her ? Or maybe unconsciously you felt abandoned by your parents ?
              anyway , it's not important.
              thanks for your reply ! smile

1. profile image0

Yeeeaahh that all sounds very familiar, wow, funny old things dreams. You're good at this you should write a dreams book!! smile

I can't . I don't have a diploma lol
                  thanks anyway !

1. Faybe Bay profile image63

Sophs and Tantrum. I hope you are still here, I have posted an interpertation down the page. Maybe you could tell me what you think. I am not licensed either and was taught by a friednd, I like this forum, I have had many strange dreams.

2. karobi profile image62

Sophs I believe that, this is a warning of some intending danger ahead of you so you have to be very careful or some one will tell I told you before.
      You take precaution of what is going on around you and also pray for God protection.

1. profile image0

Ohh nooo really? That's scary sad

Thanks Karobi

I hope I am not being rude by entering here. I have been lucky to have met a person who had the God given talent of interpreting dreams. As she interpretted mine I became more adept at it myself.
          I separate mine into two types. Prophetic and growth. I believe yours was a growth dream. The analysis then is through the key elements. Your love for your family and friends, your fear of losing them, and potential threats.
          Starting from the end, your friend who has passed away.  You are unable to talk to him (no words come out) because you know he cannot help you. He puffs on his cigarette, you secretly blame his lifestyle for his death and wonder if there was anything you could have done to prevent it. There wasn't that is why he smiles at you.
          Your daughter... She is the most precious thing you have in your life. You are afraid of losing her. You are protective of her but you know you cannot protect her from everything, she is your priority. Naturally, after trying to save others from the bomb, and having not seen her in your dream you are now thinking 'where is she?' This is a tool of the conscious mind to try to wake you.
          Now your Nana. And the school you attended as a child. These are elements of growth. (School = knowledge Elders=teaching) You have started a journey in which some of your earliest beliefs and teachings are being challenged. You do not know if what you are learning is true, and if it is, then is what they taught you false? You know if you ask you will be 'shot down' by their 'truths' but if you are to be the teacher and protector of those you love, then you must know what is true and what is fiction. (That is why all those people look at you like you are crazy, as if to say "it's not a bomb"

1. profile image0

Thanks for this Faybe  Bay, this makes alot of sense apart from the blaming his lifestyle for his death, it wasn't that, the rest of it makes sense though.

Thankyou Faybe  Bay smile

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For what it's worth, danger is always about your fears and your vulnerability. Fear of harm, losing your child, etc. If you start thinking about how the dream *feels* it will reveal a lot to you. There are also websites that will also tell you what certain images mean symbolically. You can google them.

Usually, these things mean this (not in every case):

Naked = helpless and vulnerable

Falling = chaos, out of control, danger

flying = freedom and power

Disasters = also chaos, out of control

Dead friends and relatives who reappear = unresolved issues most often. Sometimes they are actually *you* giving yourself a message that you have ignored. There may be other reasons as well.

Okay, I'm done here. That's all from me. The rest you'll get help from other people or you can google it.

Hope this helps, sophs.

1. profile image0

Thankyou Daniel, this helps alot smile

He has the right of it, I was probably wrong about your friend. My Granmother used to walk through me house in my dream shaking her head at the mess I'd gotten it into. May have been me trying to tell me to clean up my act. Your friend smiling may be you reassuring yourself that you can make it okay.

1. profile image0

Yeah that sounds good, I hope so smile
            Thanks Faybe Bay

4. profile image0

Could I ask you a silly question?
      Do you, your daughter or did your grandmother (Nana) smoke?

6. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night,
    Alive as you or me:
    Said I, but Joe you’re ten years dead;
    I never died said he.
    I never died said he.

How would you inpertret this ?

I like this one. I do not know the verse.
      It is easy. No one ever really dies. They live on in all who remember them. When we think of them or speak of them they are almost there with us. We can see their smile in our mind's eye, or hear their laughter.

Life is energy, Energy never dies, it just changes its form. smile

7. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Thanks, all, for your insights. It is appreciated.
    The dream is a direct result of the abuse of my childhood. I lived in fear for the first 20 years of my life of being murdered. There were a few attempts. My mother risked her life, and so did my grandparents. My dad had some brain damage from an accident as a teenager that also left his younger brother dead. In those days, he was not expected to live, and brain damage was never a subject or possibility until after I was married. He was diagnosed much later, and a brain map proved it. However, he was extremely intelligent and very, very capable. He just got angry way too easy, and his brain couldn't turn it off. I was one of his biggest triggers.

It took almost 5 decades to forgive him. But with a lot of help, I did. I held his hand as he took his last breath.

I have to be honest. I was a little pissed that someone could claim they could interpret dreams based on their understanding of God. So I wanted to do a bit of sabbotage and spout this dream. Maybe it wasn't fair. I have a pretty good understanding of dreams because I've been plagued with horrible ones for many, many years. But my life is pretty good, overall.

There was another thread like this a few months back and I kind of hijacked it. It was just too easy for me to get involved.

Thanks again.
    smile

You are among the bravest of individuals to be that man who holds his father's hand after all he endured. I had not read this when I posted my interpretation up the page. Late to the forum Sorry smile
      I am glad you have healed. I too have been plagued by many bad dreams.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your insight is pretty accurate, Faybe, which is no surprise.
        It's a long, long, very painful journey to heal from abuse even after years of it behind you. But you know what? Odd as it sounds, because of where I'm at in my life, I wouldn't trade the insights and peace that it's ultimately brought to me for anything. The severest experiences—if we are compelled to find meaning, not bitterness—can bring equally wonderful insights and ultimately, peace.

Dreams are a self discovery. They are about us, more than anything else. Everyone in our dreams is a mirroring of ourselves in some way. That's what I've learned over and over. It took a long time to accept that, but I see much more clearly now.

I notice your name is Daniel, I think prophet, you speak true words smile Thank you

8. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

Reoccurring Dream.

Well not so much now...it changes but it's the same house. It's on a beach and I seem to always almost drown there. It's very vivid and I actually feely myself drowning.

My entire family's in it too...we go to the house on holidays...

In the real world..we don't go there, don't even know the house.

I also dreamt the earthquake in Haiti...except I didn't know it was and 9/11 when I was a teen.

Um....yeah

9. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

Another one was that the devil called me...it was weird. I knew it was him but answered anyway.

I told him to piss off...he sent two BIG men to my home, with a huge lorry bearing gifts...didn't let them in. Hear screaming then woke up...WEIRD!!!

1. Preethi Anusha profile image68
      Preethi Anushaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

gifts frm a devil ??
      girl .. u dream to the fullest ...  he he  big_smile

1. Sa Toya profile image83
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile I really do...it can get very ridiculous, my dreams!

I hope you do not mind my interpretation. Prophetic and growth dreams in one person can make the growth dreams scarier.
          Obviously you have both. May I interpret?

Interpret away please big_smile

Okay, House dreams are always about you. That is why the house is always the same (lucky you, my house is always changing in my dreams) Since the house is always the same your spirit is comfortable in your house. Your are happy with yourself. You do not want to change too much. Your family is there which is also good, you are intouch with your roots and traditional family values embodied by that image.
              You are at the beach, which represents clean and new, (the beach is constantly cleansed by the water, and constantly changing due to the surf and the tides.) The world is constantly changing too. You do not like change except in small doses. That is why you keep drowning. One part of you thinks you must change because of the changes around you, the other part refuses, rejects the change because of who you are.

Now the devil, you know you are gifted, and you could make money off of your gifts (He brings you gifts) But you face him head on and let him know you will never use your gifts to serve him, nothing he has to offer appeals to you. You are a warrior here saying "Don't even try it. I see what you have and I don't want it."

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

That makes total sense.The devil bit I couldn't figure it out at all. It freaked me out a bit, so I ignored it.

The house dream- I do hate Big, fast changes. That's spot on. I like them small and manageable and when I want things to change, even thought I know that'll never be the case.

The beach bit as well...

Cheers.

This might sound stupid, but the house dream really messed with my head. It scared me! smile

I'm sensing a bit of a hub here wink

Never be afraid of your dreams. The dream world is a place where God has blessed us with visions. We learn there and grow there and it is a battleground where we can fight a good fight without being harmed.
                  The Bible is full of dreams and the interpretations of them.
                  I used to have several different types of dreams. The worst were night terrors where I would awaken and some of the dreams elements would linger before my eyes until true wakefullness came. I had to figure out what was causing them before I could get rid of them.
                  I thank God for the relief from those terrors. I was living in the wrong place, working in the wrong place... I would never want to make those mistakes again. But I have been lucky, those terrors lead me in the right direction. It''s all good now. smile

2. Faybe Bay profile image63

How do you wink, I am just learning to smile:)

semi colon and bracket

10. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

I published a hub on the topic of dream meanings A-Z if anyone wants a look. It is one of my highest viewed hubs and I still get questions asked from it. I wrote it based on dream meanings obtained from an excellent book I was given that I have to say is seldom wrong, and I have never failed to be impressed by the meanings it gives based on numerous key words.

In the hub I give links as to where this book can be purchased, and I strongly feel every home should have a copy.

The subconscious is an amazing thing, and the messages it sends us are for a reason. I don't know about the "God" aspect, but reckon that it is possible it is a combination of our own subconscious and that same subconscious working with any "powers that be" to get relevant messages to us.

I have a book that talks of all sorts of fotune telling, including the interpretation of dreams. This person did not believe in it. Here is what he did:
      He made up a dream. He never actually had the dream, just made one up. Then he went to thirty different interpreters, and got thirty different interpretations. He thought he had finally disproved the theory that dreams could predict anyones future.
      Then one by one the interpretations started coming true. He thought that could never happen as he had made up the dream and not ever dreamt it. Luckily the dream he made up was benign enough that it did not cause any harm.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting, would like to know more if you are able to share the info.

11. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

I suppose no one wants to take a shot at my dream? Too bad.

Sir Dent
      You are obviously well versed in Daniel. You do not need me to interpret your dream. I have speant much time in my life interpreting Simon and Garfunkles song Sounds of Silence. It is such an amazing dream/song. I see the vision of it even today.
      We must learn that silence is not the way to a better life or a better world. Tell me your dream and i will interpret for you. But there are at least thirty different interpretations of a dream and all of them come true in time.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interpretations one come get from a book. That is way too easy. Interpretations are not always correct. Lots of people claim to haver this vision or power, (not sure what to call it). Daniel never claimed the power but his only claim was to know the one who could not only reveal the dream but also reveal the interpretation of it.

If I tell you my dream, then it is too easy to give an interpretation. If I do not remember my dream, then what?

Perhaps you didn't notice, I have no book. I ask God for guidance and then I disect the dream into it's parts. I have had no complaints yet. I am no prophet, and if you look back I give credit where credit is due. I have not studied this and am no psychic. Dreams come in several forms, I know two. Prophetic dreams usually vivd and come true, but you do not know it until it happens. This is Deja Vu.
          Growth dreams tell us our fears and how to overcome them. Sometimes these recur many time and in different forms.
          Night terrors are you spirit screaming at you that action must be taken for you are not going the right way. They are to motivate you to change because you are stagnant and not in the right place.

12. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Okay, my recurring dream involved being in an old hotel from the 1930's. I had to reach my room at the top. The staircase lined the edge of the hotel and you could see all the way down. There were places in the staircase that were unstable...no railing...rickety. I was glued to the side of the wall...inching my way up the stairs. Sweat dripping from my hands, even as I type this...my brow dripping with sweat. My fear overwhelming, my terror mounting. As I reach the top, I see my room. The door to my room. I must reach the door, open it, and go in to be safe. Yet I cannot reach it. There is a gap...I extend my body..I reach....I never reach my room. I wake up in terror screaming.   

Now, this is the dream that got the attention of the producers on the reality show I was on. So they tried to re-enact this dream. Now, what do you think, my friend?

I'd also like to mention I regularly dream of viper snakes hiding in crevices that strike out at me. I sometimes put my hand on them. Or I see them bite another person, sometimes a child.

Here's another one for ya: I'm crossing the river on a bunch of logs and they are all alligators. Go figure!!

I'm serious, what do you think?

1. profile image0

The hotel represents your life..your room is a chamber of your mind, a certain level of consciousness you feel you need to reach.
      The staircase is the way to ascend, but there are missing parts, gaps in the method, it supplies nothing to help guide you/or it is hard to grasp. It's not a stable way to reach ascension. You are afraid that if you do ascend you will just fall and will never truly reach the level you seek. Reaching the top is slow because of this fear and the unstable method you are using. Although you can see the way there is something missing that causes you not to obtain your goal of transformation.

At least this is how I see it.

13. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

OK!! It was me and lyrics with a pint of butterscotch ice cream and a leaf blower!!  What does it mean???????

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I had dream the other night that tantrum came to visit me, we held hands and talked. It was so nice, I hated it when I woke up. Now I miss her. Weird huh?

15. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Well i don't know what dreams mean and what to do or deal with it. But i'm getting one dream ever since i was 12 year old. Dream is something  like this " i'm in a car and there is road from valley(similar to canyon) but there is lot of water in valley while driving there comes turn,car is close to falling in valley and i wake up at that point. One more thing is other than this dream, i see lot of snakes around me in dream. In dreams sometimes i saw them near my house or sometimes any random way in dream. Never found any snake attacking me in dream but i found myself attacking them. Thanks to isomnia, these days i'm rarely getting into dreams or maybe don't remember them.

16. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

If you dream of normal things of occurrences in your life, these are just dreams. This is the mind storing your every action of your day deep into your mind.

But there are Archetypal dreams that everyone had dreamt of at least one dream/at least once in your life.  These dreams feel more real than other dreams, and they are usually remembered vividly for the remainder of your life.

Archetypal Dream Symbols: Dreams where every character represents a part of you.

Snakes, Monsters=The Shadow self, need to use wisdom

Children=The future, becoming, rebirth, child god

Mansions/Houses with many rooms you are exploring=Self and chambers of the mind. Exploring/touching levels of consciousness or the need to.

Running but feeling you are in slow motion.=Trying to get away from something. The something depends on why you are running. Is it a monster, the police etc. The slow motion means you feel you can't get ahead, or to the point of destination in life you wish to.

At School seeing old friends or trying to get to class before you are late=The feeling you are naive and have much more to learn. Afraid you are lagging behind others and not equal to them. The need to look to your childhood for answers to the why of today.

Being naked in public=Revealing too much, too soon, to too many people. Being vulnerable. Unable to hide our deepest secrets. How you feel determines the meaning. If it doesn't bother you, you are comfortable with whom you are.
    If uncomfortable there is something, you don't want exposed.

Your teeth are falling out. Especially the front teeth. I have never read a good interpretation of this dream. Most feel it has something to do with our appearances.

Other dream types:

Psychic dreams/Night Visions: Someone dreams of an event only to find it occurs in waking life at a later date.

False Awakenings: You have a dream that you wake up, only to find you only dreamt you awakened. Which is a part of lucid dreaming.

Lucid dreams: In your dream, you are aware you are dreaming. With practice, you can use this knowledge to interact with your dreams and even change them.

17. skyfire profile image79

Hmm, so looks like my dream about accident in valley is lucid one.

18. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Deborah, when I had the dream of teeth falling out, I associated it with the Hebrew letter Shin. The image of Shin is tooth, but the deeper meaning associated with Shin is Cosmic Fire and Spirit. So I interpreted the dream as meaning I was beginning to lose contact with my spiritual side and had to do something about it.

Last night I had a dream of being part of a crew on a canal boat. We stopped at a grand house. Lots of people came running out, men, women and children, white and black. They were from the 18th century and fleeing something. They got on the boat and we set off. We went through a lock. On the other side of the lock, we were in the present time. It was a sunny, happy day. Our refugees walked along the tow path, wondering about all the differences they saw in people's clothing etc, but they were lauging and smiling and everything was OK because they were safe.

19. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

Snake dreams, monsters, other fearful animals and people:

These represent our shadow selves,sex and instincts.. Our shadow selves are neither good or bad. They just are. The shadow selves aren't just the parts of us we hide from others, but are also the parts we try to hide or deny from/to ourselves.

For instance every human has the capacity to do cruel things.
    Some have thoughts of murder, theft, adultery etc. But feel ashamed and try to hide this even from themselves (having thoughts doesn't mean we would actually do it) These are primordial/animal instincts

Every human also has the capacity to do good things and to have great compassion. It's duality in the human mind. If we think one thing, it's opposite is there in our minds too. If we have a thought we want something, the other thought that we lack what we want pops into our heads.

If we deny we have these shadow feelings (we hide from ourselves) they become a part of us and affect us in unpleasant ways. They show up in our dreams letting us know we need to accept that we are capable of bad things. Once we accept this about ourselves, it has no power over us. If we acknowledge and admit to ourselves the fact that we do occasionally have thoughts and feelings that are not so "GOOD" it actually helps to improve our minds and help us grow.

Of course accepting our animal thoughts and actually carrying them out is not the same. Once we carry out our bad thoughts, that affects us even more negatively.

So in dreams about snakes if you overcome or are not afraid of them, it means you are accepting this part of yourself.
    If you are overcome by a snake or are afraid of them, it means your shadow side is creating a complex in your personality.

20. WriteAngled profile image74

Snakes can also have other meanings.

We were walking up the hill to the Parthenon in Athens. As we passed the temple of Asclepios, patron of doctors, a snake ran across our path. My partner took this as a sign of a personal welcome, because he is a doctor. The caduceus, symbol of medicine includes a snake. When he dreams of snakes, he associates them with professional matters.

For me, the snake is one of the symbols of the Goddess, as exemplified in the Minoan Snake Goddess. So any dreams I have of snakes are associated with meeting the Goddess and learning Her wisdom.

Jung wrote a lot about archetypal symbols. However, he also said that many symbols will have a personal meaning for an individual. If such a personal meaning is discovered, it takes precedence for that particular individual.

1. profile image0

I agree. In my first post where I mentioned snakes I said wisdom
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/35823?page=4#post805727

When we integrate the shadow self, it also represents wisdom because it does make us wiser. Once we are truly wise we become the goddess.

21. skyfire profile image79

Thanks for the interpretation on snakes, Deborah and Writeangled.

1. profile image0

You're welcome smile

22. WriteAngled profile image74

That's a good way of putting it, Deborah.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)