The Newest Music Styles: XXI century

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)
  1. profile image0
    marija karaliuteposted 14 years ago

I have read enough about different kinds of music. So, today I am going to compare the music of nowadays and music of epoch called Classicism. Why this period? Because Classicism is the most precious, the most outstanding epoch and during this period of time the greatest masterpeaces were created that made all the fundamental changes in music and influented coming centenaries.
    (Classic: from Latin "classicus"; it means "up to standart", "representative") And Classics represents the style of music, literature, architecture and theatre in XVIII - XIX centuries. The main styles in music, literature and especially, in architecture were: rococo, gallant and sentimentalism. Instrumental music should be listed as solo (composing and performing), ensemble, orchestra; it was also a period of developing symphony genre. Very important genre - opera. Vocal music is categorized into spiritual and worldly.  Technique of composition - rationalistic. For classicist the Baroque taste (1600 - 1750) seemed to be immoderate and conceited; and the rococo style they found too sensitive and frivolous. Materialistic pragmatism portrays in the living standart of that period sometimes even fetching to extremeness. 
    The greatest composers of Classicism are: Joseph Haydn, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven. The period is sometimes referred to as the era of Viennese Classic or Classicism  since Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Joseph Haydn, and Ludwig van Beethoven all worked at some time in Vienna.
    There are many books and stories about that period of time, so I am not going to dilate talking.
    The point of this review is to find some resemblance and to see can we compare nowadays music with Classicism? Are there Mozarts', Haydns' and Bethovens' nowadays or the World is static?
    As a contrast for Classicism and European composers (men) I'll take as an example two living American musicians (song - writers and performers - women) the representatives of the newest generation: Hilary-Erhard Duff and Stefani Germanotta (Lady Gaga).
    Our world is not static. We are living in the epoch of the biggest changes on the Earth and there is no time to lose. There is saying "lost time is never found again". Those two American singers and composers are ahead of their time; and I can prove, why?
    When the World is this modern and full of various choices it seems we are not yet ready to exhaust all the possibilities. People somehow do not rush to change their life style from primitive forms of communication to newest ways of exchanging thoughts, music, energy and love. Instead of giving hope to live and to be happy some people (especially, those who belong to some kind of sect and also some confessors of any kind of fundamental religion) they prognosticate the End of the World trying to frighten people distracting them from the Truth.
    And the Truth is that destiny of our Earth belongs to all women of the world and for the first - those few very important talented young musicians who CAN change the aura of the World using proper language, music and clothes styles and who are given this possibility from the Heaven. They are blessed with a miracle in their life and their dreams have come true so now millions of eyes are pointed at them waiting for something good to happen.
    Here are just a few of good deeds those two amzing young women are doing.
    Hilary-Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987) is an American actress and recording artist. She is a singer, songwriter, fashion designer, film producer, spokesperson. Hilary Duff is involved with various charities, is an animal rights enthusiast and a member of Kids with a Cause. In July 2009, Duff was named as a Youth Ambassador to the children of the Colombian capital, Bogota (from Wikipedia). Also, Hilary Duff is a very friendly person who likes to interact with real people, is open to changes, very modern and intellectual. 
    Lady Gaga (born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta on March 28, 1986) is an American recording artist, singer, songwriter, plays piano and synthesizer. Playing piano by ear from the age of 4, she went on to write her first piano ballad at 13 and began performing at open mike nights by age 14. Her name Lady Gaga has a huge story and this singer seems doesn't like to be ever called Stefani again. She was so struggling to become famous for her fans that she even calls that wish a "Monster Fame" She made a tattoo on her hand that always holding microphone special for her "Little Monsters"(from Wikipedia).
    In a world full of unexpected "rise and shine" stories, Lady Gaga's success seems to be one of the most exceptional.
    The difference between those two women is that the way they have reached their top of the fame is so different.
    Hilary-Erhard Duff is living the even tenor of life surrounded by loving people. She is highly protected and always kept in her direct road.
    Beyond expectation Lady Gaga didn't win the prizes of life (I do not speak about material things and fame). Her life seems to be disaster: for a while she was untended by her dearest people. Probably it is not easy to understand such a huge metamorphosis from "a good" catholic girl to the biggest rule-breaker; and it is difficult even for those who have brought you to this world?
    But resemblance between those two amazing musicians that both they are extremely talented and both they are fighters for those who are misjudged, in some way abused or listed as a minority (such as homosexual, transsexual or bisexual people).
    Homosexuality is tremendous part of nowadays society.(And it is bigger than it is shown; just our hipokritic society is still  full of prejudice) I am not going to waste my time explaining that homosexuality is not a disease or something to be ashamed of. This is a life style of the XXI st century. And it is for a reason.
    It has been from the beginning of the world. All homosexual people are supporting a feminine side of the world and are against rude behaviour and violence. It is the result of all hatred and aggression so widely taken upon our world. The Earth is in need of feminine energy; She is tired of all the tears and blood of Her innocent children. And women are gentle warriors of the Earth full of love, easy to forgive and to accept the human nature as it is. Who brought us all to this world? Woman!
    And if to look at the most creative, talented people of the World (exmp. W.Shakespeare, Fr.Mercury and the other we don't know oficially)- they all were homosexual. But what kind of masterpeaces they have created!!!
    So, if we have the brain we should think differently now. Why the most famous people are often homosexual or extraordinary in some other way?
    What I mean, it is not the rule to be applied to every artist or musician; but as we see from those two women I have taken as an example, both they are in some way involved with these things: Hilary-Erhard Duff was performing in a commercial defending LGBT rights, Lady Gaga is involved with her charity deed helping women with Aids and is a huge defender of her homosexual friends...
    What kind of secret do those two women know defending this neglected, misunderstood and often denigrated part of society?
    Here is the Truth.
    To be openly homosexual is mostly forbidden and misunderstood because it is going to be a terrible discomfort for the biggest part of the world. When the same sex people get married they are not having children (it is a loss of a population for (especially) Catholic church which is dependant on a support of every family-the most minor cell of the Church). Homosexuality is also degraded by so-called "normal" families often because of a fear to be affected by these amazing people because of their highly developed and spiritual inner world and extraordinary self-devotion. We should let them adopt children those who are unhappy and abandoned. I am sure they will love them even more than we could do. (The biggest misconception about homosexual people that all they are disloyal and can not be monogamist; the Truth is that heterosexual are more susceptible to criminal communication (mostly among men); and that is all because of a masculinity overuse).
    Homosexual people are living to do good deeds for us: they want to set us free from pride and prejudice, they are bringing the Truth to the World and the real Freedom into our souls. Be what you want to be as long as you do not hurt those who are physically unequal: children and animals. And respect each other! Despite your nationality, religious view or rase you have first of all to be a HUMAN in any place of the world. And together we will change the world into a better place. Is it too simple to believe?
    In the XXI st century we have all the main styles of music, literature and in architecture as it used to be in Classicism: rococo, gallant and sentimentalism. We also have many new styles and renewed old - fashion details in music, too. And instrumental music could be listed as solo (composing and performing), ensemble and orchestra. We have our Mozarts and Haydns! Just in a modern world they are not writing sheet music anymore(it's a waste of time when you have such marvelous technologies). Young musicians are now composers and performers at once. And there are even more things that they have what our forefather didn't have: that is highly developed sense of truth and love to the world. They are willing to ruin what is old and primitive and to build up new: available and committed to human. They hate liars and corrupt society. Doesn't matter what sexual orientation they have and what kind of life they seem to be living they have got loving hearts and healty understanding of a life that should be lived. Young musicians of nowadays are ahead of their time. And they should be properly valued today, but not 100 years after their death. Music has got a power to change the World because where is music there is lots of emotions and feeling...and there is LOVE.

In conclusion I say that music of the XXI st century should be called a great wave of a humanistic style. Doesn't matter what kind of music you create and sing and what kind of clothes you wear (or not wear at all) the most important thing is what are you trying to say to your audience and for what purpose it is all done? If your heart is pure and you have a "monster wish" to say something good to the world then you will reach up to your top. But when you'll reach the top, remember that first of all you are representatives of all human rase and that you are chosen for a superb reason. Each one of you will have his own individual method of reaching peoples' hearts. It's a great joy and a big responsibility, too. But LOVE will be your guardian spirit; as IT always has been.
    Let's together make this World a better place! Why not begin with Love!

Marija Karaliute

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

It would be better to make this into a hub--rather than a forum post.
    I see that you have started to make a hub-- but the comment boxes are primarily for others to respond to your hub. Try putting text into the text boxes when you create a hub.
    Best of luck. Welcome to HubPages.

3. profile image0

Thank you wink I am new here.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We were all new at one time-- It takes awhile to learn anything.

If English is not your first language, it can be  more difficult -- but lots of people in that category can find success.

Keep trying, You will learn... and if you ask questions (or, better-- read the "help" ...above, right side) you will keep getting better.
      Best wishes to you,

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

smile and welcome to Hubpages!

5. profile image0

Thank you so much for the support. And, yes English is not my first language. I am Lithuanian (I speak Russian, Polish some Dutch) and I can sing Russian, Polish, Dutch, Hebrew, Italian, Latin, German... Since September 2009 I am going to College for English and Latin studies. (I was graduated already as a music teacher in July 2009). But I can't stop!
    I speak Lithuanian really good; I create and write my own stories and grammar is proper. And there are so many thoughts I wish to share that I was brave enough to post this topic in English. ( I asked my English lecturer once to help me with my ideas, but she said it's none of her business) When I was writing this review, I believed it will be better received than in my own country. And I see that all my work was worthy to be done and I am happy for all your comments and for your help.
    I wish you lots of Love. 
    Marija Karaliute

6. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

cool. as Rochelle said, you can format your hub with the text capsules. just create a few text capsules and copy the stuff from your comments capsule into your text capsules, being sure to keep one empty comments capsule for people to leave their comments. i think you write English very well for someone whose first language isn't English. if you need help just ask or check the Help forum. that helped me out a lot when i was new.

7. profile image0

Thank you again. You are so sweet! I am going to College now. It's 7 a.m. in Lithuania. Have a great time!
    Marija

8. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

No hurry-- College studies take up a lot of time.
    You will find friends here who will try to help when you are ready.

My husband was born in Poland, though his family was German-- my father-in-law "visited" Lithuania. He was in a Russian prison camp in Riga near the end of World War II.

He could speak Polish, German, and some Russian. When prisoners were released-- they released the non-Germans first, so that's when his Polish language came in handy.

Is your major course of study music?

9. profile image0

In July of 2009 I was graduated at Marijampole College in higher Education, the Faculty of Educology and Social Work. I have got the Professional Bachelor Diploma, Professional Bachelor's degree, Qualification of Teacher. Main field of study for the qualification: Music, study programme-Music Pedagogy, branch of study programme-Accompaniment. I have been graduated at Marijampole College, non-university type state institution of higher education.
    I have had professional vocal classes; also cognitive practice of musical education at General education schools and Primary classes.
    I compose music since I was 5. Just I didn't have a piano that time. I can play piano, flute, synthesizer. I have chosen Lady Gaga for a reason: both we are born on the same day: 28th of March; we both are composers and singers and defenders of human rights. Just my support seems to be very weak from afar. (And my life is even a bigger disaster than Lady Gaga's)
    I live in the South of Lithuania, just next to Poland. And my grandmother used to pray Polish, that's how I have learned Polish; but I am Lithuanian. All of me is the Batic. But I love people of the world and I am not rasist or other kind of discriminator.
    I can't post a link here, but you can go google: marija karaliute and check on my youtube videos. I am not singing in it, but it's because all my records are recorded in a tape (not CD).But I have composed a new song in English and I am saving my money to record it.

Thank you very much for your support, Rochelle.
    Love, Marija (Maria)

10. profile image0
    marija karaliuteposted 8 years ago

Skolų išieškotojai, kodėl aš, Marija Karaliūtė, iki šiol nesu gavusi tikslių įsiskolinimų sumų, konvertuotų į eurus? Mano adresas visada tas pats ir jūs jį tikrai žinote, nes pernai, t.y. 2014 metais, aš gavau visus jūsų įspėjamuosius laiškus. Šįmet, t.y. 2015 metais, įvedus eurą, visi kažkodėl pradingote. Aš neturiu jokių galimybių pati jus susirasti, o pinigams atsiradus, nežinosiu, kiek tiksliai esu skolinga ir kokie delspinigiai.
    Marija Karaliūtė

11. profile image0
    marija karaliuteposted 8 years ago

Marija Karaliūtė šiuo metu neužsiima jokia muzikine veikla. Prašom jos kūrybos nenaudoti! (1995 metais vardas ir pavardė pakeisti iš Gitanos Stanišauskaitės)
    http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12595303_f1024.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)