Major sleep problem

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)
  1. sunbrite profile image60
    sunbriteposted 14 years ago

WOW I am suffering from a major sleep problem, every night I go to sleep around 11:30pm only to wake up at 3am and not be able to fall back asleep for the rest of the evening? Does anyone else have this problem? It really sucks!

1. newhorizons123 profile image60
      newhorizons123posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup - all the time.  But they make meds for that smile

2. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have sleep maybe three or four hours a night and it is all chopped up...sleep for an hour wake up..sleep for 40 minutes wake up..on & on all night..I have tried some over the counter sleep aids but they didn't work well...and I really don't want to get on a prescription medication..I might like it too much tongue

3. harryinc profile image60
      harryincposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stop thinking. Lot of times thinking about something/someone distracts sleep.

4. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have gone literally days without sleeping. Maybe you can see a doctor? I do know worrying about it makes it worse. I have a friend who swears melatonin is the best thing. And natural. Sorry your going thru it, it stinks. sad

5. yenajeon profile image71
      yenajeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I have the exact problem. I haven't solved it exactly but I don't waste time tossing and turning. I am productive from midnight - 5. I then sleep from 5 am - 9 am until I go to class! I also am loaded on black coffee every day!!

6. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tire yourself with working and lots of working out,keep moving, I hope you get the solution to your prob, I usually tire myself I clean and clean and when I am so tired I get to sleep,

2. Faybe Bay profile image66
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Min is staying up till four or later in the morning and sleeping half the day away. But I have a remedy, just haven't gone to wal-mart to get it, want it, it helped my daughter.

1. Faybe Bay profile image66
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's in the vitamin section, melatonine.

2. sunbrite profile image60
      sunbriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do that too. Yea sure

3. Faybe Bay profile image66

I have heard good things about that vitamin, I'm going to consider getting it. Thanks for the suggestion and link.

4. Faybe Bay profile image66

It is due to winter, something about light and dark messing with glandular production of seratonin. taking melatonin fixes the problem, getting the glands working again. I have to get some and get back on track.

5. Faybe Bay profile image66

Nice meeting you was just checking out your hubs now, like meeting new people since I never sleep.

Nice meeting you too!

6. HubChief profile image72
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

i have hub and reommended product... See if that helps you measure if your 4-5 hour sleep is deep or not...

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-device-for-ac … ep-fitness

Thanks!

1. figment profile image75
        figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a hub that might interest you.

1. bonny2010 profile image60
          bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

if i stand still long enough I have no problem going to sleep, if I lay in a bed  I toss and turn all the time - sometimes you just cant win

7. Faybe Bay profile image66

here here, can't lay down, toss and turn.

1. bonny2010 profile image60
      bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeap its a real bummer eh - oh to be a baby again, they reckon I could sleep through anything - even having one of dad's working dogs hopping into my cot to extract a brown snake - wouldn't catch me sleeping through that now.

8. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

For many months after my husband and I moved into the city He was having the same problem. I remember him waking me up one time, he was so frustrated about being awake that he wanted to share it with me. LOL. as soon as I was awake I knew immedatly what his trouble was.
    There is a 3am train that runs through our city about 8 blocks or so from our house since he is hard of hearing he could not hear it but he was feeling the rumble and it would wake him. Once he knew what was causing the rumble he was fine with it and it has never been a problem for him since.

1. figment profile image75
      figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's a disorder called Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder.  I wrote a Hub on it.  A fellow Hubber told me about it.

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Some people just don't sleep a lot, and others don't get back to sleep when wakened.
    Years ago when I was on the night shift, my fellow workers warned me not to phone them after their shifts before 2pm as they would not be able to get back to sleep. Yet I can take early morning calls from whoever and then roll back over and go to sleep again.

It's just the way we are made. Most sleeping pills or alternatives will help you get to sleep but I know of none that will put you back to sleep after wakening early, if that is how you are anyway.

10. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

I am having sleep problems at the moment - I think mostly it is lack of routine and lack of excercise. I normally wake up 6 hours after going to sleep whenever - at the moment I am sleeping hours on end or not at all. I am starting to impose a regular routine and going to find some exercise each afternoon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)