Do a Google Search on yourself - where are you listed?

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

I came up 4th.

It's exciting to see where you're listed, check it out!

1. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I pretty much have hte first page of Google covered big_smile

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

what do you mean? your hub pages profile name?
      I used to be dennisematt...I just checked that name and Justine76
      I was the only result on bing for both things...so? why would anyone search my name besides me?
      hmmmm, maybe I should have thought of a more searchable but niche..y name?

Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe it has something to do with Google AdSense (?)

I did the search cuz I wanted to know if my HubPages could be found by doing a search on my name

1. profile image0

ohhhh.... dont have adsense...oops

2. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 14 years ago

I couldn't even find myself. Legendary Heroes are too common these days. *Shakes head in disgust*

3. Faybe Bay profile image63
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

See I am sixth but think I dropped and so you know the Faybe on twitter is not me, though I am a redhead too, she is much younger than I. Wish I had a photo of me in here.

4. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I'm all over the first page and other pages after with wayne tully, but I know there are other Wayne Tully's out there who will join the power of the ginge!!!

5. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

There is a Brazilian movie director with the same name as me yet I still rank high in google.  Someone else who appears when you google your name is called a googlganger  (gotta love sniglets)

Google loves twitter!!

6. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

six out of the first 10 results are mine as far as "emievil" is concerned smile.

1. Faybe Bay profile image63
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice placement, eye level.

7. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

I was ranked 1, 2, 3, and 4. My forum threads being first, my hub being second, and my MyYearBook account being third and fourth.

8. Has_aWayWithWords profile image62
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I am not ranked very well because there is an NFL Football player with the same name as me and some other guy who was a military veteran that died in a war who even has the same middle initial as me. These 2 take up the first 2 pages of Google so for my name I am pretty much out of luck.

9. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I was ranked on the first page 9 out 10 spots. smile

Every link on Google first page relates to Cagsil, that is what I mean. Things I've posted around. My profile Hub is first. smile

10. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

My hubpages show up as Ohma at number 12
    My Zazzle store pretty much has Ohma50 covered

11. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

1st for 12 consecutive pages straight which means i just have too many social and blogging networking sights LOLOLOLOLO

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

tantrum & Xtasis are nowhere to be seen lol
    As Elisinha I'm front page and n.1

13. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

567th ! I am climbing in the rankings

14. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

This is the first link:

Jen King — UC Berkeley School of Information
    Disambiguation alert: is this the Jen King you are looking for? ... This Jen King is a Ph.D candidate at UC Berkeley's School of Information. ...

This is not the Jen you are looking for...
    move along...

15. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

damn, it is freaking me out to see so many jen king's that are NOT me...

no damn wonder my screen name "jenking" is always already taken when I join a new site tongue

thanks for the identity crisis this evening.
    There are even two of me on Facebook. In addition to ME, of course.

Look up wyanjen, you are first and I believe much of first page.

16. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

im number 5 on th second page sad

17. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I googled my first, maiden, and married name. It was on the first page and my hub was listed. Goes to show you Hubpages has high ranking in searches.

18. Faybe Bay profile image63

Exactly!

19. camlo profile image86
    camloposted 14 years ago

Camlo de Ville is in first and second place.

20. figment profile image75
    figmentposted 14 years ago

I'm cover the entire 1st page except for the very last one!  Hell ya!

Want a good laugh I have a hub for you a personal friend wrote. (you know from outside) I got him to join.

21. Faybe Bay profile image63

Joy!!!! That is what I am talking about. Just sent an e-mail to wyanjen. Wyanjen has two pages but was looking under Jen King.

22. figment profile image75
    figmentposted 14 years ago

Its fun to look your name up on urban dictionary too

1. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

its eerie sometimes how true to character some are for people.
      and always hilarious. wink

2. Rafini profile image83

mine said Rafini isn't defined...yet!

23. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

yeah, urban dictionary is hilarious!

as for google, I came out first!  lol 

and second...

but there's a third with my name, but it's not me!  Stolen identity!!!   yikes

I am undefined on urban dictionary. I guess that makes me Zero....
      So now you know who Zero really is.

1. Beth100 profile image69
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are no Zero!!!  Just known in a quiet kinda way.  smile

24. double_frick profile image60
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

for my s/n i am all of the first page of Double_Frick 'cept the alternative first two listings they posted for "double frick"

and for my actual name.
    number one.

25. MyWebs profile image78
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

My Real Name - Google Page 1, #1 - #10 are all mine plus Google Profile at bottom.
    Page #2 #11 - #20 - All but number #15 are mine. Many of the top 30 and 40 are mine too... I Stopped looking at this point smile

MyWebs = 2 of top 10, 5 of top 20.. I would have more but MyWebs is also the name of a popular virus or something with 27,800,000 competing.

26. Faybe Bay profile image63

I am so glad Rafini started this forum! Look at all the good news!

27. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

When you are there on Google search, how many times can a single domain, like hubpages, be listed with your user name?

28. elayne001 profile image78
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

I am stoked - I did a google search for myself and found I had receive a shorty award

http://shortyawards.com/elayne001#

thanks for bringing it to my attention

cool

29. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

As Fred Baker, I'm a lost cause--more of those than votes for Obama in '08!

As Ghost32, I appear to be a Symantec something-or-other, or maybe it's Norton, and rebootable at that.  (Well, I've been booted now and again, but....)  Did have one of the "real me" Ghost32 coming in at #7, though, so--considering the commerical competition--guess that's not too bad.

Then I cheated:  Searched "Ghost32 Earthbag" and also "Ghost32 Sarah Palin".  THEN I hit those #1 spots!!! lol

30. pooja0908 profile image61
    pooja0908posted 14 years ago

I came onfirst page first link hahaha

31. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

Whole first page  smile  Yee.

32. Alota profile image60
    Alotaposted 14 years ago

Hokey is listed under soft toys and furnishings

33. profile image0
    Jared in Vegasposted 14 years ago

My hubpages name comes on the very first page. My real name brings up my helium page though.  I also have a facebook page, but it doesn't come up until page 3. Go figure.

34. Rafini profile image83

over 1,000,000 results for my real name
    I wonder why I chose a screen name?   lol

35. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

What's more interesting is to search your username on hubpages! It only shows when your name appears in a hub, if you search 'site'. My name is in four hubs! One of them I didn't know about until someone else searched for me on here and found it.

36. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I came up 1st, and while many of the ones thereafterwards aren't mine ... there are also many that are ... smile

37. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Some grokking tennis player with the same name gets number 1. sad

38. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Maybe we all should make up a name ... write an article about it ... and see who can rank the name the highest - lol!

39. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I OWN "frongelous facial growth" and " mark knowles is a douchebag"

Look 'em up.

I is a internetz master. big_smile

1. profile image0

lol  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, Im sorry?

2. MyWebs profile image78
      MyWebsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

40. Rafini profile image83

On Bing I show up at the bottom of the first page

The Sandpit Forum on HubPages:  Rafini  29 mins ago

??   lol

41. Rafini profile image83

Did another google search, came up 3rd!

42. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I used to dominate the first page, but these days I have some competition.  sad

43. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I am all there is on the first few pages.

44. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

There is only one WriteAngled, and it is me. There are several Write Angles.

My maiden name is a dead common Polish name. There are lots on Google, none are me.

My first married name is unique to me and I get 171 hits, some related to my previous employment and some to my Esperanto poetry.

My second married name is also unique to me, and I get 174 hits, related to my previous employment, my current freelancing, Esperanto, plus bits and pieces of other stuff.

My current name is shared with a photographer, a sportsperson and a couple of others. I have 5 of the first 10 hits, including no. 1.

45. Mama Sez profile image63
    Mama Sezposted 14 years ago

First page, 5 out of 10 results. Mama Sez on Hubpages is second followed by my blog Parenting Journey smile

46. Cayden Ryan profile image60
    Cayden Ryanposted 14 years ago

usually I own 9 out of ten for Cayden Ryan, but sometimes I own only 7 out of ten

47. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

there are 1,240,000 competitive results for my name! I have 17 "friends" with the exact same name in my facebook account.

But the very first result for my name is a LinkedIn profile that shows 6 results for my name, and I am one of them...so Im kinda the first result.

No real results until #16, where apparently I have created a subdomain for my my main hosting that bears my name (forgot!) and #21 is a twitter account that is for my Avatar movie campaign, apparently I registered a account with my actual name.

I do most stuff as Sunforged

48. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Right there on the first page positions 2 to 10 for my hub identity, and also for my name of course. lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)