Do you ever feel like you are a loser magnet?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (58 posts)
  1. Renee A profile image60
    Renee Aposted 14 years ago

I am so tired of my friends saying, "Renee you are so beautiful, you can't possibly think you're going to end up alone." I have to keep reminding them, that I have a loser magnet! I know it sounds crazy but it is so true; for example: A couple of months ago I ran into one of my childhood friends, (infact the last time I saw him, he was in the marines and he was doing well for himself) so naturally I thought he was still doing well. He asked me out  and I said yes; the day of the date he called me and said I promised my daughter and my niece and nephew that I was going to take them out to night so we might have to double date, so I said ok because I really liked this guy. So we went to the movies and we watched "Alvin and the chipmonks" but then I realized that I ended up baby sitting the kids while he slept in the movie theatre. I said to myself, alright cool I have faith in him so next time it'll be better...After the movies we dropped off the kids and then he told me that he had to make a quick stop, so I said ok; I ended up sitting in the car alone for a good 30 minutes. So I finally got frustrated, I started calling him,  dudes phone was off! Imagine my surprise, so I decided that I was going to knock on the door of the house he went into but I got scared because I was in some bad part of Brooklyn ( I know, like sitting in a car by myself was any better). Long story short it wasn't a very good date but you think the loser radar came on... heck nah.. I still saw potiential in this guy. We had great conversations and dudes 10 year plan seem up to par but something about him seem shady, but I kept shacking it off by saying maybe it's because of his life long dream of being a rapper...Then I finally asked him what he did for a living because I realized he was travelling alot but he shook it off and asked why I was interigating him and that's when I really started to get suspicious... Then dude started to do the unthinkable, he started asking me to do him favors, like buying him gas and paying tolls, dude even asked me to buy him a plane ticket to California once...Did I do the favors yes I did because I was sprung (not an excuse right?) .To think I would have dropped the loser but I thought he was in a hard spot...Oh he was in a hard spot alright, I found out that dude was a drug dealer and his cheese dried up....So that's when I finally woke up and kick Mr. Rapper Loser to the curb...Now I'm back to square one, beautiful and single in New York!!!!

1. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhhhh, I am the biggest loser magnet around.. trust me lol sad

smile

2. profile image58
      ellinorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are not a looser magnet, but you have to stop thinking you are one. You have a bit of inner work to do, but you will succed ,because you have localised the problem

3. Will Say Plenty profile image60
      Will Say Plentyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let me see if I understand.
      Okay, so you are referring to this guy as a loser.
      It's not your fault that you never thought to ask details about the first date.
      A guy keeps you waiting for half an hour--the way women have made men wait for decades--and the time is a problem.
      You went back for more.
      You don't know a drug dealer when you see one.
      None of this is your fault?
      I see.

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It happens more often than you could possibly imagine Will. My ex-husband told me, after we were married, that everything before was an act and I would have to just get used to the rules. He was great before.

2. profile image53
        Debbiieeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am a woman and I do not make men wait. And no, none of any man's behaviour is a woman's fault. Men need to learn to make that distinction. The only reason you behave the way you do is you behave the way you do. She made it very clear she did not know he was a drug dealer, last she heard he was in the Marines and he would get aggressive when she asked him for information so how the hell would she know if he was a drug dealer?? It's not up to women to be "Mommies of the world" and correct men's bad behaviour through discipline. If this idiot would have taken what sounds like a very nice lady seriously and put an effort into the relationship maybe he would have ended up safe and cozy in a bed with her every night instead of in a jail cell, or the wrong end of a gun or beating where he probably did end up. HIS FAULT, NOT HERS!!!!

4. profile image0
      Dog On A Missionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Practice saying "NO", "WTF?", "DON'T CALL ME EVER AGAIN" and "GOODBYE" in front of a mirror.

5. profile image53

I have been dating for a few years now. Man number one we got close, intimate and when I told him I really liked him he told me not too get too attached. I was out of there. Ten years later he contacts me? Um, sorry!! NO!
      Man number two, sexy as hell firefighter who did those things to make me fall head over heals. One day I come over to dirty sheets, white wine in the fridge, (we drank red) When I confronted him he didn't outright admit he was seeing anyone else although it was very clear he was, and he told me if he ever wanted anything serious he would call me. Once again, Um, sorry!! NO!
      Man number three. Drop dead gorgeous magazine cover face, charming, fun, sexy. One day he accidentally replied all on an email he was sending to an online stranger he was meeting for sex. So I got to meet all of his other conquests and they got to meet me. So did every member of his family, co-workers, acquaintances, the members of his baseball and hockey teams,  Needless to say he didn't get laid by his new stranger, myself, or anyone else. I had the option and still might report him to the sexual assault division of the police department. Apparently they don't look kindly upon men who lie to various women to have sex with them putting everyone at risk. If he were to ever catch anything and start spreading it, they wanted to be ready for him.
      You are not alone sweetheart, there is NOTHING wrong with you, and you may very well end up happy with a great man because they are out there too!!!
      And to anyone else reading this post ready to pounce and criticize me for the men I ended up mixed up with, they made the mistakes, they need to learn the lesson, not me. It is perfectly normal and healthy for women to be attracted to and loving towards men. It is abnormal that men exploit and hurt women.

6. realtalk247 profile image77
      realtalk247posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Renee-I am going to respond to this post in love. You have to love and put yourself first.
      I was reading the beginning of this interaction and thought-MISTAKE- when he invited the family on the date and you (a grown woman)on a first date is settling to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks and babysit. When he called you to tell you he needed to bring the family, your response should have been "I understand. We'll have to get together a another time." (Then you should have erased his number). Your time is valuable. He sounds like a thug.Getting involved with that type of man will never produce happiness and it certainly will not result in a happy-productive-loving relationship. Interaction with those men don't end in marriage for 50 years, children, grandchildren, and stable retirement.
      #2 He put you in danger driving you to the ghetto in Brooklyn.  Leaving you in a strange place, impoverished community, and turning off his phone showed no care or you at all. He put you in danger. Someone could have raped and/or robbed you.
      #3 "Something about him feels shady." -you knew this when you met him. 
      #4 10 year plan. Yeah right. He probably recited something he saw online.
      #5 ***He asked you to pay for tickets and other things and you did it. REALLY! This is a confirmation he studied  your desperation, willingness to accept anything, and took his using you to the next level.  It's never a sign of care when A GROWN MAN asks you for money. 
      Marines, yeah right!!?? Dishonorably Discharged if he ever was in the military. You seem intelligent, why would you be in the trashcan?

The things I mentioned was not designed to put you down however you have to examine your value and your worth.  I'm not sure what your father experience was and I'm hoping it was positive.  The desire to have a relationship is normal.  What's not normal is to go along with anything a man does as if you don't have a backbone for yourself. 
      This man didn't even start out impressing you or doing anything to get your attention.  I suggest you write down the qualities of the man you desire in your life and do more than just listen for the words a man speaks but watch his actions.
      No doubt as soon as he could he had you experience the only thing he has to offer in order to emotionally draw you into his broke/ghetto lifestyle and use any resources you could offer him. He's  a mess. No doubt ducking and dodging child support and people on the street. Association with the wrong people can cost you your life or introduce some criminal element in your life. Negative.
      Drake said - Know yourself. Know your worth.

You are valuable and don't believe because of a shortage of men you should allow garbage to entertain you. Where can you go in your career with a man of his low caliber?
      You are not a loser magnet. You are a woman desiring to be in love that you are willing to allow anyone that approaches you to be involved in your life.  When you look in the mirror and really embrace the wonderful person that you are then when people like that approach you -you will quickly scan the individual and say no thank you.
      Love yourself  and seek men who share compatible values, morals, career, life goals, and respect for women.

2. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

With your whole life ahead of you. It was a bad experience no doubt about that but we learn from our mistakes and whatever does not kill us makes us stronger,

1. profile image53

What mistake did she make? She dated a man, he made the mistakes so why blame her? And no, some things do not make us stronger, they drain us and wear us down.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Might make for a really good first hub. Don't you think? hmm

Btw- Welcome to HubPages. I hope you enjoy your time here. smile

4. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

welcome, glad your here.  sorry too tired to read such a long post right now, will do later, welcome again.  big_smile

5. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

His cheese dried up??!! damn that cheese to hell!

6. Faybe Bay profile image65
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Feel? I know I am a loser magnet, and the worst part was, after I figured it out, everyone started telling me. Like yeah I know, okay? Five years, no losers, no dates, but no losers. Maybe I was better off with the losers.

7. Faybe Bay profile image65
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Oh! Welcome to hubpages. Yes this would make an excellent first hub!

8. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, Renee!
    Sounds like you a lucky escape!

9. profile image0
    moonphlowerposted 14 years ago

I think I have a sign stuck to my back that says, "Losers only please!" 

But we live to learn from our experiences.  You don't have to settle for anything less than what you feel you deserve.

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Everytime I interview people for the position I have.
    smile

11. TrixieGator profile image60
    TrixieGatorposted 14 years ago

~~ can so relate...then you wonder what was that all about? ...its a vicious cycle ..because you have love to offer and there is always someone out there who try to latch on and suck the life out of you...~~glad you got out..

12. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Due to the world in which I work most of the men I have been attracting as of late aren't losers but they are between 45-60...many of whom are married I'm sure. Why do they think I, being 25 would be interested in them anyway?

Ok..this is off topic a bit: A few nights ago a friend and I were at a club having some drinks and dancing..fun!! So this guy and his friend come up and start hitting on us...and very poorly I must say...get this line. "Whats your name"? I say, "Stormy"..He goes "Oh, you must be a stripper"..WTF????
    Now this guys name was CHAD...I started to think..every guy I have ever met in my life named Chad ( probably around seven )has been a major douche bag..Can someones name be an indicator of their personality??

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The proper reply to "My name is Stormy" is..

"I could have guessed as much, because your smile just blew me away"

1. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile smile smile

Nice reply!

13. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Do you ever feel like you are a loser magnet?

Nope, but most of the girls I go out with are. smile

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The question begs to be asked... if most of the girls you go out with are loser magnets, what does that make you?

14. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Yah!  I feel like the lose magnet is permanently taped to my Forehead!!

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Come on now ladies.  Renee and Rafini, you are both so beautiful, you can't possibly think you're going to end up alone!  wink

1. Rafini profile image81
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

aaww, thanks tobey, that's so sweet!

Truth time!!  -  Yes, I will remain alone for the rest of my life (thanks to previous experiences, I've learned My lessons!  lol)

Now, don't be hasty.  Unless you're 95 and have a severe liver condition you never know what may be coming down the pike.  You could be the perfect piece of lumber some carpenter out there is just waiting to nail. smile

smile

Nope.  Aint happenin.  Not only do I have general trust issues, but I trust men even less!!  Nope.  Aint happenin.

smile

Somehow now I feel guilty.  We ain't all bad.  Couple of us anyway. sad

dont feel guilty, its not your fault   smile

i totally believe there are good men out there.  i just doubt I will ever find one.  smile

As I gaze into my crystal ball, I believe you will.

What does he look like?  I wanna recognize him when he shows up!  lol

15. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

Nature works in balance. What do you think girls?
    if you are a smart, intelligent, beautiful lady -  you HAVE TO BE A LOOSER MAGNET! I am sorry, there is no other option. Loosers need you! They cannot function without you! I am older than you but I am still a looser magnet and it is so hilarious !!!
    You know, only in Hollywood movies beautiful people meet each other and live happily ever after. In real life it's so... unreal. If you want a smart intelligent beautiful guy,find one and just dress sexy and drop some books in front of him and let him pick it up for you. It looks like a movie variant all right, but it might work big time. He might really pay attention to you and by the way, invite him for a walk or smth. not expecting him to do the first move, but nothing else, he has to rescue you, not other way around ( let him think so ) from loneliness and loosers in your life. Trust me, it works.

Nope.  Aint gonna happen.  I CANNOT pretend to be helpless just because there's a man around!  lol

2. Will Say Plenty profile image60
      Will Say Plentyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the insult you are trying to spell is "loser".  That's LOSER. 

What was that about wanting an INTELLIGENT guy?

16. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Well, Renee, hon...you aren't the first woman to get scammed. I had the same affliction, a scum magnet, for years. Always attracted losers, idiots, players, liars, alcoholics...you name it, I attracted em. I would finally let my guard down to the ones I really liked, then BAM, they'd disappear with no explanation. Or do something really crappy. For instance, there's the guy who blew me off for a week cause he went to the personal ads and started seeing somebody he met there. Duh! Then there's the dude I knew in elementary school that came on strong, big guy, black cowboy hat, manly man...Gets me an engagement ring. Disappeared for 2 days and when I questioned him about where he went, he got defensive and turned like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hide. Then disappeared for 3 months. Blew that one off. Then a light went off one day and I realized I'd been settling for what was 'familiar' to me. So I changed what qualities I looked for in men, took a Beginning Again class, then Finding the Love of Your Life course. Ran into Spousey not long after...good morals, fear of God, strong foundation....and I thought, Cool. This one's different.  And now it's 12 years later & we are still together, roughly.

And who says you can't live your life happily as a single woman? I actually envy you.

congratulations on finding a way around the Loser Magnet!  smile

17. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Renee, your experience made you wise.  Now you can recognize a loser when you see one and you know that your beautiful single self can let that one pass by; you're not a loser magnet any more.  You know enough not to be in a relationship that's unhealthy and painful just so you don't end up single.

18. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

When you see the warning signs, take heed, my friend! Dont ignore them! Run!! We're so used to ignoring the warning signs, stuffing it so we can get the benefit of the doubt. Then whammo, it comes back and hits us in the ass. I saw a hub on this....it's called
    Run! Don't Walk to an Exit. Read it.

19. Greg Cremia profile image61
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

If you stop being a magnet you will stop attracting losers. Figure out what it is you want and go after it instead of waiting for them to be attracted to you.

that might work.....hasn't before, but it just might work this time....

seriously, though.  a messed up life takes more than that to correct itself.  (such as learning how to recognize deception/manipulation etc.)

1. Greg Cremia profile image61
        Greg Cremiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(such as learning how to recognize deception/manipulation etc.)

Again, this is a negative reaction. Don't spend your time trying to figure out who the losers are.

Learn to look for the winners and the losers will become obvious.

the problem is - the losers dont become obvious until after I have given them my heart therefore my heart goes to no one...

Maybe the problem is the other way around - I give my heart too easily, perhaps...

smile

1. Greg Cremia profile image61
            Greg Cremiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now you are catching on. Looking at things from a different perspective offers a whole new view of the same things.

smile

2. profile image53

Messed up life? No, for women this is normal. You think a child who gets molested has that happen to them because they have a messed up life, or because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time?
        Men are still quite abusive towards women in the dating scene. The majority of men are abusive, the minority are normal and healthy. That is what is messed up about life, not the woman's life.

20. She-rah profile image68
    She-rahposted 14 years ago

I used to feel that way and now I'm happily married! Don't worry, but do look for the warning signs early. Granted some guys are just really good at not leading on to the type of person they really are. Then again, I was really naive and grew up thinking all people were good. Still do sometimes and still get my feelings hurt but that's life. I had to really wake up and smell the coffee when I got divorced. I was very careful after that and if you look hard enough for the good ones, they do exist. Raise your expectations and don't settle for anything less.

21. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

Just do not blame yourself too much. It's not your fault if you trust and believe into somebody and it turns out differently. Looks CAN be deceptive, even behavior, some people so-o-o-o skillful in it. I've been married to such an artist for many years and he played me like a fiddle so good I did not suspect  a thing! In retrospective I feel so stupid, but can do nothing. He still manipulates me when he can.

22. Will Say Plenty profile image60
    Will Say Plentyposted 14 years ago

I just wonder if anyone would object to a forum topic about b*tch-magnets, gold-digger-magnets, whore-magnets or slut-magnets?  is loser magnet okay because it refers to men?

23. privateye2500 profile image41
    privateye2500posted 14 years ago

...no...and no one should.

if that is how you are feeling - then it is you who are giving off those types of vibes.

...if you feel like a loser magnet - then...?  what happens?

you become one.

you rather get what you expect to get.

not expecting anything is even better!  ;}

1. profile image53

Is that why women get raped too? They send out rape me vibes? How about when I was 12 years old and a truck driver was trying to get me into his cab and take me to Florida with him? Is that because I was sending out child molestation vibes? Was I the problem OR WAS IT THE PERVERT WHO WAS TRYING TO MOLEST A CHILD??? You need to re-think your dumb ass words of stupid advice.

24. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I'm a loser magnet, they always turn up at my door wanting me to lose but I say Nay!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)