You were designed.

Jump to Last Post 51-61 of 61 discussions (398 posts)
  1. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Really ? Link please or else you lied as usual. wink

Please find his journals and scientific work, i'm waiting.

That is typical indian personal attack pattern. If you can't prove yourself show someone wrong. big_smile Can't you do better than that mr mishra. Raise your level, come up with better personal remarks when you get pawned tongue

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Is 'go figure' the new phrase learnt by mohit ?
    hmm

go figure !
    lol lol lol

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

who the hell was my designer lol lol lol

Gucci?  Channel, maybe Macy's

lol lol lol

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Science has not worked out what life is yet, so naturally a fairy did it! lol

4. Cly Walsh profile image61
    Cly Walshposted 14 years ago

A body being intelligent and a person living inside a body? Huh?

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The point posed is that the intelligence in the design and the how the body works, regulates and protects itself, is of a higher order than the concious intelligence of the person living inside. If man could create a new being, it would never be as good as the being that man is.

You might want to consider say a cat. A cat also is marvelously designed, but the cat could have no comprehension of that design.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unless you are prepared to accept the hogwash statement that we are incapable of understanding the design, this is nonsense.

You are assuming a design and running away from backing that up with anything other than "you are too feeble minded to understand."

How odd - that is what religion always does. People claim knowledge from no where and then demand that they do not have to back it up. This may have worked in Merthyr Tydfil in 1750, but it does not today. Your lack of knowledge, insight and wisdom is obvious.

A cat is no more "designed," than you or I. It evolved that way. The same as you and I.

If you can back up your statements with something practical and quantifiable - please do, but no one is accepting your easy peasy lemon squeezy answer.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59

Doh! No one ever said that we are incapable of understanding this design. It is only now in the 21st century that we are beginning to understand the workings of the brain for example. There is still much more to learn and given time we might get somewhere nearing understanding it all.

But man is the Johnny-Come-Lately to this party. The design pre-existed when we were banging rocks together and going "ugghh". All we are doing now is gaining an understanding of how things work. None of this how it works could have come about by our original thought, it is a process of discovery of what already was.

Left to you, you think this marvelous design occured by evolutionary accident with no intelligence behind it - just random chance. Just think for a moment about how illogical that is.

Still if you believe that a million monkeys with a million typewriters after a million years could come up with the works of Shakespear then that is even more illogical and unintelligent that believing in the existence of a creator.

LOL

So come up with an argument that is not "I don't understand it, therefore there is a god."

Evolution is anything but random chance. The fact that you do not understand it does not mean there is a god. lol

Logical is an invisible super being who left you instructions written in ancient Greek? lol How logical is that? LOLOLOLO

Dear me. Keep on repeating that you do not understand therefore there is a god is silly. wink

1. rocketjsqu profile image75
              rocketjsquposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would be interested in hearing what you understand about evolution.  The way I understand it, it is a theory of a collection of scientific propositions that have been assembled to draw people to a conclusion.  Is Darwin the primary originator of the theory of evolution?  Are there any scientific records that pre-date Darwin?  It seems to me that a science as important as evolution would have ancient records describing the beginning phases of the evolutionary process.  A history of a God dates back to the beginning of mans record keeping thousands of years ago.  Do historical records account for anything or is all history a big fable?  If you are not an eye witness, how do you know which history to believe?

Sorry - that is too many questions all in one go. Please ask one question at a time if you genuinely want an answer.

But - to answer your overall statement. No - Darwin was not the first to suggest the theory of evolution. Amimaxander suggested  the development of life and the evolutionary development of man from other animals some when around 600 BC.

The Christian church attacked and destroyed much of the knowledge that contradicted it's dogmatic belief during the dark ages.

So - yes - evolution predates your religion by some time.  I do not think earlier religions were quite so aggressive in attacking knowledge that we learned rather than had handed to a select few by an invisible super being.

But - I agree - God is the easy answer.

So - you think your religious tomes are the same as the fossil records? And your political book counts as "history" even though this record started million of years after the event? The fossil records are the same as writing written to control you a few million years after the event? wink

This is some of what I understand about evolution:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/7572

2. Beelzedad profile image58
                Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't you mean the history of many gods, in which one religion replaces another or the fact there are many gods under the banner of various religions?

Never mind which history to believe, which god to believe is the question?

2. Disappearinghead profile image59

OK I'm wrong. Million monkeys it is then. Doh!

As I said, demonstrating your ignorance of evolution is not going to persuade me of anything. All you have said is "I don't understand biology, therefore there is a god."

Not a convincing argument.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
            Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where was religion at that time? If creationism was true, man could walk, talk, write and read scriptures from the get go. There were no cavemen going "ugghh" in the bible.

3. Cly Walsh profile image61
            Cly Walshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are no accidents.

2. Cly Walsh profile image61
        Cly Walshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"does it not seem strange that the body is more intelligent than the person living inside"

Like I said, "A body being intelligent and a person living inside a body? Huh?"

The original post you pose as a challenge is quite different from your explanation in reply to my original post. The two are antithetic.

5. skyfire profile image80

Spot on.

6. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

Theory only proves the existence of ideology, possibility.
    history -recorded or verbal- is the only factual evidence to base any consideration upon....

...else all is speculation, conjecture and does no common good to prove the argument nor for humanity as an individual or collective entity...

philosophy 101.

big_smile

ps, the burden of proof always lies upon the shoulders of the one seeking. It is because of such considerations one looks for 'answers'. Whether by ration or madness, the evidence of any thing is provable only to the seeker when found.

7. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

Evolution: there is no substantial proof or factual evidence to support the argument of the existence of this particular possibility. It is theoretical. So the burden of proof falls on the shoulders of the one attempting to prove or disprove. Same as water on mars, time travel, fairy dust or 'god'. The one trying to prove or disprove must do so in order to 'stake-the-claim' of argument -pro or con.

the one who already believes has no cause to prove, for in some manner they have evidence or fact/history discovered, learned or experienced to support their belief.

8. earnestshub profile image81

I was not designed by a fairy!

9. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

If there is a designer / creator it is obviously a committee.

Only a committee could design the sexual parts of a human body and put a toilet in the middle of the playing field !

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Good observation! lol

10. earnestshub profile image81

Woof! Woof! lol Hilarious! lol Woof Woof! lol

11. skyfire profile image80

How do you know that ? Call from skype ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)