$75 google adsense sent to me - does anyone know how I can use it.

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (61 posts)
  1. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

Can I use this to promote hubpages ... or does anyone have any idea how I can use it... ie for clickbank or some other way of using it.

I havent attached a blog yet and I was wondering if I used it to do that - and whilst I am thinking about this, I have been trying to link my profile page to add links to join hubpages.

1. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhh they sent me that too! I don't know what to do with it either :S

2. The Donkey profile image60
      The Donkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Take that $75, and take a lady out to dinner. You can't go wrong there.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh-- I don't think you  can use it like cash-- it is kind of like a credit toward their service.  I got one and I knew, by reading the fine print, that I did not have the knowlege and expertise to take advantage of it.
        Read Mr.Voodoo's advice above.

2. Faybe Bay profile image66
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

I want to know how to add the link to join also. Did you get a check?

3. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

well, hopefully someone does that can guide us.

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It is a voucher for you to use in an adwords campaign which you build with keywords for your product or service. These campaigns require a fair bit of adwords knowledge to work.
    Perry Marshal is considered the adword king if you want to pay to learn, otherwise be vewy vewy careful is my advice! smile

1. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As earnestshub so wisely says 'be vewy vewy careful' If you read the 'fine print' you will find that it may require a deposit and it is only for new accounts and you are responsible to stop the ads from running when you limit is reached.

5. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

As others have said, tread carefully, it is free and you shouldn't need to deposit any cash, but Adwords can bring in traffic very quickly and it's easy to get hooked on such numbers.  And if you don't have a solid plan for converting that traffic into something profitable, it's best to stay well clear.

1. Faybe Bay profile image66
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the warning. I haven't got one yet. I will definitely not use something that might get me in hot water

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My pleasure.  It's totally legit, but you really have to know what you're doing. 

I've had thousands of dollars in free ad credit from all of them, Google, Yahoo. Microsoft, Facebook, Bidvertiser, etc. and had I paid for any of it, I wouldn't have even come close to turning a profit, lol.

It's where the big money is if you know what you're doing, but I clearly don't.  I believe Earnest above knows how to play the game.

Sweet dreams.

Thanks, no more monsters under the bed here. I as you must know, have no idea what I am doing, but I made 99 cents yesterday doing nothing. I was in school. I hope some day to figure out how to make money, but I am happy just to write and make friends.
          Goodnight Mrvoodoo. Can't wait to see what legend you tackle next.
          OOH forgot the sand and seashells. My walk on the beach has been delayed.

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you need to take that walk, one for me as I am 2 hours from my coast..  smile

wink

1. profile image0

smile hey

Hey, I need a cigarette, and sleep, and I might have to watch Sherlock Homes again, how you doing?

1. profile image0

'bout the same as you. smile could use a butt and some sleep. Haven't seen Sherlock yet, but I want to.

At least I went shopping today although by force. I told my daughter about the beach thing and she is so upset I didn't go yet. I will... I have so much writing to do, but I will.

1. profile image0

get a notebook...write on the beach...  youll be glad you did.

6. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

I received an AdWords coupon too. However is there any conflict with using it to buy ads to direct people to your website when your goal is attracting them so they click on your ads? I always thought that would be against the rules.

7. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Your first 99 cents in four weeks is amazing, trust me, it took me much longer to see that.  You'll do fine, just keep writing.

I've just walked home along the beach under a full(ish) moon at midnight, awesome! (probably shouldn't rub it in). big_smile

I thought you were gone, I want to introduce you to my daughter who has only written one hub, but my grandbaby's Pic is on it. It's Mysticsmom, if you have time to look her up. Just to see the baby is worth it, although the photo is a year old.

Hey, I can't find her, maybe you could drop a link to her in here.

1. profile image0

Look at my hubtivity...just fanned her

Here's a link. She is so cute I can't wait for more pictures to get posted.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Mysticsmom

She's very beautiful, I left your daughter a comment, I hope she has fun at HP.

I too must now bow out, best wishes. smile

2. profile image0

I know you didnt mean me but im nosy.
        shes sooooo cute!!!!!!! You msut be very pruod.   smile

Of course, Justine you have been very kind. I made her come in as she has a rough patch to deal with and I told her this is a healing place

Shoot I think I Hijacked this thread. About those coupons, how long til you get one? (Smiles sheepishly and turns away blushing)

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, that is a good sign in 2 weeks, I took longer too.
      smile
      The beach sounds nice. smile

8. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

dudes!!!! gotta run
    have a good night
    xo

9. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

Thanks earnest, it is for new accounts and if I want to prepay, it would cost me $20 - $10 which would be credited back to me. Thankyou I am one who really needs to take the time to read the small print.

I still want to learn how to use this, so I might invest the $20 in a seperate and new account to help myself.

My other question was how to get the join hubpages link onto my profile page as I need to update it...

and to earnest particularly, thankyou. I noticed today too, that I have travel australia or australia travel, then information about places in australia.... I am not or was not intending to copy vacation australia, but the idea seems pretty much the same... yet I am sure there is plenty of space for wonderful stories about australian locations.

1. earnestshub profile image80

There is a lot of competition, and keywords are hard to dominate even if the articles are fairly well written I think.
      You will be amazed at the number of poor keyword campaigns though, even from Government tourist authorities!
      Once you start drilling down. Not much to hang on to, and very few low hanging fruity keywords to be plucked. smile
      Maybe it needs some work, cos the adsense has been poorer than expected so far. smile

Hi earnestshub, about the link for joining hubpages, how do I get one. And how are you this blessed evening?

3pm here and I am bloomin marvelous thanks!
          It's been so long... you have this linky thing! Hang on, I have too many windows open, I will be back soon! I run 2 screens and many tasks at once, sometimes more than I should! lol
          Oh yeh! Back soon! smile

Tell me, I crash my computer every night. it just starts opening more windows and I can't make it stop. LOL

Firefox on windows 7? smile Mine does that sometimes, I think it is the way it is saved on closing if that is your platform smile

under "my account" you will find "referral trackers"
              Use the default one, or make a new one is better.
              in your profile put the link to hubpages joinup url. write something like "Join hubpages here" then link it.
              I can't understand what I just wrote!
              If you need more help let me know, I will try to remember.
              The help section is good here, but I seem to remember having trouble at first! lol

Okay I'll go try, thanks.

2. earnestshub profile image80

It just occured to me that you have a computer infection more than likely! You did say on shutdown didn't you? If it is an older system you may need to clean the cache in your browser, or run "spybot" (available free at snapfiles (reputable old company with great freeware. Make sure you click on the freeware menu at the top of their page.)

1. wyanjen profile image71
                wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK.
                Now it's my turn to step back and watch...

lol

I'm not a snob in any kind of way, but I am grateful to not have to deal with these issues. My first computer was an Apple IIC way the heck back in third grade. I can stumble with PCs and Windows, but phew. It is so much a foreign language to me. sad

I do keep my work macs on Virus Alert Readiness. It feels kinda like NORAD back in the 80's...
                will the strike ever come?
                Yes is the answer. Eventually. lol

Would you think I am an arrogant snob if I tell you I don't back up my daily files?
                I'll say I'm lazy, and confident. In 20 years, I have lost no more than three projects from hardware issues. Yes I should not be foolish about backing up my macs.
                I use a rotating archive system. There are never too many projects on any given drive at a single time. Still, this is not as good as a back up.
                OK, I do feel a little arrogant now. tongue sorry

10. earnestshub profile image80

C'mon guys! Let's help Faybe Bay with this one.
    One of you has got to be awake somewhere on our little planet! lol

Help with the tracker?
      lol

What you explained is right.

Go to the very bottom of the page, click "link to this page" and that is where you can attach your tracker. smile

Help with Windows?
      sorry Charlie, I'm a Mac. smile

Okay Link to this page? I just made a tracker and put it on my profile, is that right?

Close but no cigar.

Hang on... I'll come right back

3. Faybe Bay profile image66

I think I did it right. Now whenever I set up a blogsite or websit I guess I create a tracker for each and see where the good people are coming from and befriend them as they join?

11. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Go to HP home page.
    scroll all the way to the bottom, where you see about us, learning center, etc. and on that row is "link to this page".
    When you click that, it gives you a menu where you can select your tracker.
    Select your tracker, then in Step 3, copy the URL to your clipboard.

thanks sorry. I know salt was asking too, so this will be a great help.

12. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Now:
    go to your profile page, and in your bio type the phrase "Join HubPages here."

Use your mouse to select the whole phrase. At the top of the bio box, you see the bold, italic and underline icons. Next door to them there is an icon of a chain (link) and a broken chain (unlink).

So - with your phrase selected, click the chain (link) icon. In the box that opens, paste the URL that you had copied to your clipboard.

Now, when somebody clicks the phrase "Join HubPages here." they will be directed to HubPage's home page. WIth your tracker.

smile
    Give it a try, let me know.

okay

Okay it turned blue which is good. Hope it works. big_smile Thanks wyanjen. Thanks earnestshub. I must go to be, teacher's meeting about my son in the am. sad

cool.

good luck with that in the AM
        Take it easy

Thanks good night. I'm gonna pop in on Salt and send back to read.

3. earnestshub profile image80

Thanks mate! Nice and clear. smile

13. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/_yourreferraltracker/user/new/

Rather than the home page, I find this to be a good choice for linking new users to, this is the actual sign up page.

wink

thanks!

I just changed my own.

14. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou...

was busy watching the olympics earlier... gold in aerial jumps, then beach for a swim, then home for dinner, then watched cougar town for the first time.. ok but a bit sad...she seemed desperate.

anyway, faybe, left me a message and I have found my way back here to some wonderful advice that Ill try now.

15. earnestshub profile image80

I just got back here from dinner. Wyanjen. I am just as slack, went for years without backups. I backup now simply cos I can do so online for free at the Gmail G-drive. smile Even then I don't do it often.
    I always seem to be able to rescue a drive before it goes down, lol And I don't even feel smug! lol

lol

You know me earnest, I don't like pollution. I've said before that nothing ruins a beautiful day like a cloud of smug.

We are simply capable and confident. lol

16. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

earnest, thanks for all your help and advise. It is really kind of you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)