Where did Pam and Lita go?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (24 posts)
  1. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Where did Pam Grundy go, and where did Lita go?  Anybody?

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pam took all her hubs down and unsubbed.  So did Lita, by the looks of things (have just done a search to check).  I gather that Pam's got several blogs elsewhere.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

They are easily found by googling. This resulted in quite the lively topic, several weeks ago.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And not worth repeating that conversation. lol lol lol

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really couldn't believe that anyone had to ask! But if you miss a Saturday night on HP, you can miss lots.

1. RKHenry profile image63
          RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really.

That your answer?  Can believe someone had to ask.....

I do not hang around these forums anymore.  Why? 

Cause people like you- give rude answers like this.

Oh...., snap.

Seriously, a simple I don't know, I don't care, or no response at all would have been better than this crap.

1. sunforged profile image71
            sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i believe the answer was "google them" or even do a forum search, nobody wants to spoil the surprise for you.

2. darkside profile image66
            darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You must be wearing your angry eyes, because I know Nelle well enough to know that if you read her comment without the same venom you just spilt that it was far from inflammatory.

3. profile image0
            A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh,,,snap

It must be the racist in us, who cares where they went? I'm glad they are history!

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Pam I understood, she was alittle volitole. Lita was disapointing she had interesting opinions.sad

1. profile image0

A small rodent that creates bumps in people's lawns?  Oh no, that's a mole lol.

PS: Anyone else finding that the smileys aren't working at the mo?

4. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/35949

some of it

and some more...

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/30631

search the rest youself. Im not being short, I just cant find it. I hope this points you in the right direction? I know theres more...

5. profile image0

I feel the diversity on the Hubs makes them a whole lot of fun! Exposure and access to people I might not ever have a chance to talk to is great. I love everyone here even thosoe I don't get along with.( Cags, Mark, Q, Quark, Cole, etc.) I don't care if we agree or don't agree that only matters in debate and thats the end of the confrontation.

I have had some tough goes with Pam though. Any comment I made on her Hubs was ignored or insulted. She told me to quit posting on peoples Hubs that was their personal property and My humor and/or comments were not wanted. So I rarely comment on the Hubs I read and only visit the Hubs when a topic peaks my interest.

Lita was always polite to me even when she thought I was stupid. I'm sorry she's gone I really liked her style.

I have been called out for being the lowest kind of Hubber and I should be permanatly banned because the Hubs were intended for writters not the illiterate. I was one of the group of Hubbers that should be kicked out so no one would have to deal with me or the other Christian sheep. Well Bluedog was the tollerant liberal who said that and I was really sad about the elitism demonstrated by some. I told him as I did Pam if thats way people feel about me and I have nothing to contribute then I'd gladly leave. Just put it out there and if it was shown that was the case I'd quit, no hard feelings.

I know I'm a tag along, hell I don't even know how to operate my computer. I just like hanging out! If it's determined this is not the place for me it's ok to tell me and I wish you would because no one wants to be where their not wanted. I love you all and I vote for more tollerance and to maintain our friendships and celebrate our differences.smile

1. profile image0

That's a shame.  I mean, I could understand if she'd said something like that to an out-and-out troll, but you don't strike me as a troll by any means.

My personal philosophy is that if you're posting something here (whether on one of the forums or as a hub) then you should be able to deal with the fact that not everyone's going to agree with you.

People who only want to surround themselves with others of the same opinions are expecting too much from life and are potentially blocking the occasional important reality check (something we all need at some stage).

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I like you! I have been a smartass from time to time though, and I meant to be funny but missed!smile

6. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Sneak I wouldn't concern my self truthfully. You are as intitled to your opinions as anyone else. You do not need anyone to tell you whether or not it is okay for you to be here. If anyone besides the staff suggest that they have the right or authority to tell you to leave tell them to go pound sand. Keep doing what you enjoy. If they do not like what you post they do not have to read it!

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ohma! I really look forward to my time on the hubs and the people like you make it very satisfying, thank you.smile

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

thanks darkside and sunforged, I really didn't mean it venomously at all. But I learned during that long, way too long topic about Pam's comments not to take those kinds of comments seriously at all.

I just wanted him to find out what happend without starting it all over again.

8. profile image0

Lets try and keep everybody here it only makes the Hubs better! Well friends my wife say's it's time to do my bag toting she wants to go to Dillards, see ya around! I love you all!smile

9. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

Pam may be one of the most prolific, talented, and significant writers HP has ever had. That's why her legacy appears in these forum threads since she's been gone. She was a successful writer here, but she made a decision to move on and is now writing in other venues. I can't speak for her reasons, and even if I could, I wouldn't.

HP is not for everyone. Perhaps it is a proving ground or a place of testing the waters.

HP may come up as insufficient, depending on your goals.

@A Texan, you may learn from Pam and Lita's history. They are simply moving on to where they need to be in their careers and personal lives. HP is not the be-all and end-all.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure, I'll learn from their behavior, I won't be condescending to people, I wont belittle others for a spelling mistake or that they have fewer followers than I, I certainly learned a lot from those two!! roll

10. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

Maybe some day you will put this in a different perspective, realizing that you are no more perfect than anyone else.

"Testing the waters" is a matter of putting yourself out there, the good and the bad. We do that with people we meet face-to-face as well as those we meet online.

I don't fault you or Pam or Lita...you are all doing what you need to do.

There are lessons to be learned in any engagement (or disengagement for that matter). We can profit by the lessons or we can learn nothing.

11. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

"Maybe some day you will put this in a different perspective"

Nope, I wont, I will continue to hate them for who and what they are.

But you seem nice, have a good evening!

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you, too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)