Boehner is asking for "a blank sheet of paper"

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (35 posts)
  1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image59
    fishskinfreak2008posted 14 years ago

Not gonna happen

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It already did!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

Boehner IS a blank sheet of paper. Also an untrustworthy lounge lizard, the kind with tassels on his Gucci loafers.

1. profile image0

And that would be different from any other politician, how?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He's one of the worst slimeballs in Congress.

1. profile image0

One of the worst slimeballs in Congress? Oh yeah, the worst became President, thanks for clearing that up Ralph!

3. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I like the idea of lining 'em up for target practice. big_smile

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

4. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Obama refuses to listen to anyone including the American People.  Poll after poll is coming in directly contrasting his position. And these are not just republicans... Obama can't bring his own party together.

Americans want health care reform.  Americans don't want poorly constructed mandated legislation.

Do you think Doctors are going to take pay cuts from Medicare?  You can hardly find a Doctor who will take medicare now.

Obama could have listened to the people in his own party and constructed a plan that would have passed.  But he is insistent that only his vision is correct.

Forcing people to buy insurance is not going to help people become healthy.

The bills are so full of crap... building sidewalks... blah.

1. profile image0
      chasingcarsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

By the American people, do you mean the 60% ( including health care professionasl) who wants him to get his programs through into law or the minority, which does not constitute "the people"?  Hell, "the people" wanted a single-payer, or at least a public option, but the minority party threw a hissy fit, and the Dems caved.  You are way behind the times, Bubba.  As usual, you don't know what you are talking about.  The health care plan has passed both houses and needs only  Obama's fixes ( that small file of paperwork Cantor ignored while he was acting like a jackass over the vastness of the bill) to become law (you know, those fixes, mostly having to do with budget which means reconciliation.) You are so worried about Medicare and Social Secuirty?  You do know that old orange face and the gops/conservos you voted into office want to privatize both, that is, trust our pensions and health care to the boneheads who recently  lost most of us Middle Class our pensions in the Lotto style Wall Street?  Workers and their employers paid into the SS fund for their entire working lives; this is not an entitlement program.  Your party treats pensions like your own personal slush fund or your charity.  Pensions are part of people's contract for compensation for work done.  Your party should not be allowed within a mile of any pension fund.  You are not to be trusted.

5. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

Didn't the Republican Congress have a "blank sheet of paper" on health care during the six years they were in the majority?  I don't recall them filling it up with anything.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Silly girl, you can't torture prisoners AND fix the healthcare mess.  Priorities dammit!

1. profile image0

Obama can't even do it with a complicit congress, that there is incompetent!

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congress is incompetent; not Obama.

Oh, but wait, you'd prefer he be a tyrannical arm-twister like so many here already seem to think he has become.

1. profile image0

Really? The President of the United States cannot get the party of power of which he is the leader to vote his agenda in and you think he is competent?

What exactly would be your definition of incompetent be?

1. profile image0

So you do consider arm-twisting a minimum qualification for the competency of a President.

Gotcha.

1. profile image0

Yeah, I didn't think you had an answer to his incompetency.

1. profile image0

I do have an answer, which I have given in other threads more than once and it's clear that people who ask the question don't really want to hear the answer.

So, I'm choosing not to waste my time.

However, if you honestly want to hear it, you let me know, and I will answer you later tonight.  I don't have the time right now.

1. profile image0

You don't vote do you?

2. profile image0

We're hoping you don't, but your're from dumbass Texas where they still try to teach the world was created in 7 days.  Stubbornly stupid; that's our motto.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
            Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it is appropriate to insult any of the great states in our great union. There are lots of people in Texas who share your lefty extremist views and you have now thrown them under the bus as well. Not cool.

2. ledefensetech profile image67
            ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get your facts straight, it was Kansas, not Texas who tried to do that.  Thanks, you've just set a new low for my view of Progressives.

6. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 14 years ago

All these politicians should be forced to sit in a theater and watch Michael Moore's "Sicko".  It's a really sad indictment of the U.S. healthcare (system?).

These same politicians are sending alarm bells and gross mis-information about what a fair and equitable healthcare system might entail.  They want to maintain the status quo, likely because they're being supported by the insurance companies and the AMA, and are just covering their asses.

The general public needs to know the real facts, not just a bunch of lies to support some sort of agenda that does no one any good.

1. profile image0

Republicans, being sociopaths by nature, would not get it no matter what you forced them to do.  I thought the moment was very telling when, at the Summit, one of the GOPs explained that peole could just create a health care savings account and Obama looked at him to see if he was serious.  He shouldn't have had to explain to this dunce that a family trying to survive on 40,000 a year or less does not have a lot of disposable income.  That and Steele's defense of tax cuts for the wealthy by stating that a million dollars does not go as far as it used to pretty much defines the obtuseness of the whole right wing.

"Republicans, being sociopaths by nature"

You realize that you just make yourself sound like Charlie Brown's mother with this constant, repetitive droning on of one simplistic theme, right?

7. ddsurfsca profile image72
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

when obama took office, he was handed a war that was started to look for "weapons of mass destruction"--RIGHT, an economy that was almost bad enough to make one third of the people in this country to lose their homes, no healthcare for a dissapearing middle class,(it has been determined that 1% of the population owns 97% of the money in this country), banks that went under because they were being grossly negligent and ripping off this countries population majorly, and several other major problems. 
       Anyone of you all thinks you could do a better job, maybe you should get yourselves put on the ballot next time, instead of being so correct here, do something about it, don't critisize the only man who put himnself on the line and had the balls to try and bail us out of the jam Bush left us in.  You can do it better, lets see you, otherwise stick a sock in it.
       The man has my vote--
    Discretion is the better part of valor....

Now Obama was the only person who wanted to be president? You gotta come up for air.

If he didn't want to be criticized he shouldn't have taken the job. If you didn't want him to be criticized you shouldn't have voted for him. If he continues to stink up the joint you are both gonna hear a hell of a lot more of it before he is shown the door.

"Put a sock in it" is not how it works in America whether you like it or not.

8. ddsurfsca profile image72
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

I am just saying that for the plate he was handed by the "wonderful Pres. Bush", and if you read back at what has been said in this thread, people are pulling him apart like a boiled chicken, --feel free to add to it if you really feel it is the right thing to do, but as bor myself I see no point. Everyone has an opinion, and a rear end, but not everyone chooses to expose both in public, if you do feel free.
    I still say if you can do better, lets see it otherwise pull up your drawers.

"I am just saying that for the plate he was handed by the "wonderful Pres. Bush", "

Every president takes office facing challenges, and every president blames the one before, but at some point he has to man up and take ownership of his job.

2. Sab Oh profile image56

"people are pulling him apart like a boiled chicken"

Tough. That's the job. If he can't handle it he shouldn't have taken the job. If you can't handle it you shouldn't have voted for him.

3. Sab Oh profile image56

"I still say if you can do better, lets see it "

Do you watch football?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)