Permanent makeup eye brows. You got em? Look natural?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (36 posts)
  1. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Okay, so I wanna get permanent eye brows. Mine are so light you cannot see them. I have to draw them on. Know anyone who has ever had permanent eyebrows and the results? I would think they would fade, much like tattoos.

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't have them, but I do have grey hair popping in & so my colorist just colors my brows when he does my hair color smile  Lasts 8-10 weeks if not longer.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dated a woman that did that from time to time, the tattoo ink is henna and is not permanent, I'm not sure how long it lasts, weeks or months...

I'm not sure if it can be done with real tattoo ink or not.

3. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes it does fade but lasts many a good year out. I am getting mine done shortly too.

4. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tattoos take decades to fade... unless you are someone who gets suntanned a lot and then you'll speed up the process significantly.

I used to work with a girl who had tattooed eyebrows, but they were so well done, I'd known her about three years before I realized they weren't natural.

donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now that's what I want!

5. Cosmetics-Guru profile image61
      Cosmetics-Guruposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great question you posted on this forum "Permanent makeup eye brows. You got em? Look natural?"

I do my eyebrows all the time with raw ingredients I pick up from the beauty supply- cosmetics store.  No, they are not completely permanent, but I just redo them every other month.  It is easy to do, does not take a lot of time, and best of all it is very inexpensive. Have you ever tried to do this?

donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What exactly raw ingredients are we talking about here? If they stay on a month or more, that's great!!!  I did find a brow pen from Anastasia that seems to stay on better but I still hafta reapply daily. How bout a felt tip pen in light brown?   I'm still taking suggestions.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Permanent makeup eye brows?

You have to be kidding. hmm

Who is selling this garbage?

I mean, eye brows grow. The length of the hair does grow? Right.

What happens? Do you have to shave your eye brows and put something fake over the spot? Then hair is going to grow underneath. Isn't it?

Or is that something that needs to be maintained as shaved?

I mean, come on. Who thinks up this stuff? lol

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

women get permanent eyeliner  . .I would guess its the same thing .. nothing more than a tattoo

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh well. I guess cosmetics for some are required. lol lol

It's a little extreme. lol lol Permanent eye brows? lol lol

Human eye brows are permanent already. lol lol

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
          wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehe . .my grandmother used to draw hers on  . . i never realized it till she got older and could never get them even. . and as she got older they got worse. . . after seeing that i would rather go without them. . i guess everyone beats a different drum. . but if you ever go to a cosmetic counter there are plenty of eye brown pencils and the sort!!!

1. Cagsil profile image71
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, it's a BILLION dollar business, like so much other sh!t. hmm

2. blondepoet profile image67

Honestly Cags I wouldn't suggest it if it was not a  safe choice for women.
      You would be surprised how many women have to pencil in their eyebrows everyday with colour, it is part of being a woman lol.
      Eye-brow semi-permanent coloring is a great alternative to having to stand for hours in front of the mirror each day.
      Thousands of women have had it done and have been thrilled with the results.
      The color used is made from a organic pigment safe to use on the skin.

3. profile image49
      bkbitchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well for all u stupid little girls who laugh at tattooed eyebrows , are obviously not modern or know much about beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think YULIA VOLKOVA is soooo beautiful, first off , and anyone who says diff is an ugly stupid, jealouse bitch!!!!! im a make up artist and tattooed eyebrows that r done right are amazing they will give u a beautiful face, that will look better then natural, natural is pale and ugly , fake is always better!!!!!! they will look forever perfect and so will ur face!!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A lot of people, like me, have eyebrows that are virtually invisible. I have been thinking of doing that myself.

3. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Oh go for it. It is a safe, widely practised beauty service that has been around for ages now. I had my eye-liner done on both my upper and lower lid and it was worth every penny.
    I am just so blond that without eyeliner and a little mascara I look so fair. I am thrilled with the result. I had it done around four years ago and it has still lasted.
    It is done by only a trained beauty therapist who has studied in this field extensively. It is not like a normal tattoo, the procedure and ink is completely different obviously due to safety reasons.
    They say it lasts around 4- 6 years. Best beauty service I have ever had done. I got to throw my eyeliner pencil out the window...a pity it hit Fred my beer drinking neighbour on the head. If you have a close up look of my picture you can see the great work they did on my eyeliner.

4. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

I went with a full face tattoo but off set to the Left.That way No One can look me Directly in the Eyes.

5. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I've seen them, and they are hilarious.

An example: http://humorland.wordmess.net/files/2008/11/tatu2.jpg

This is Yulia Volkova from Tatu (R band), who had her eyes permanently (tattooed?) on among other plastic surgeries. It's clownish. :s

Yes, extreme case...but, I am happy with my blonde brows and don't have to pencil them...jsut don't care enough. :s You are fine as you are I'm sure. smile They are just eyebrows.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have known many women with permanent eyebrows tattooed or painted on whatever. In my opinion they look great for a while but most of the women soon started to look somehow faded and desperate. Having them re-done just made it worse!  Around them I always had the strangest feeling all the time like waiting for Good Queen Bess's wig to fall off.

1. blondepoet profile image67

Yea as they begin to fade the women begins to look like how she started out with faded eye-brows that need some colour LMAO.

6. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

How do they make eyebrows look natural? I can understand the permanent eyeliner thing but you need real eyebrow hair to make it look natural. Also, what if you get one where the person gives you that high arch and you look permanently surprised. Is there a way to undo that?

For eyebrows you can choose from two methods
      Solid application or
      Hair-stroke method.
      The hairstroke is a more hair-like stroke where you may have up to three colours combined to give a natural look
      The solid is more of a line.
      They will look to see where colour is needed, sometimes you only need colour in certain areas while other times you may need your whole eyebrows reshaped. smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks blondepoet, I can see where the hairstroke would look more natural but won't it still look two dimensional? I don't have donotfear's problems, mine is more maintenance and shaping. I've seen several women who use makeup to create an eyebrow and it looks artificial.  I guess they're just really bad at doing their own eyebrow, but I didn't have the heart to tell them they look very 50s. smile

I think the solid line full eyebrow when done too dark can look a little cheesy lol

7. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

It's like a tattoo I think. They're supposed to be permanent. My brows are so light you can't even see em! I look like a ghost without them drawn on.....

I'm gonna go talk to a makeup artist next week. I'm tired of putting them on every time I leave the house. I just hope they'll look natural. I saw 2 ladies who had em done by the artist I'm gonna see. They looked really good. I'm a little apprehensive but I really am considering it. 

Next I'm gettin my lip done and smoothed out!  Ah! 
    It's a mid-life crisis.

8. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I mean the 1950s, not that they look like they're in their 50s. Although actually it does have that aging effect. big_smile

donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not so bad being in your 50's! (I'm gettin sensitive here...). Looks like they'll hafta build me a brow!  My draw-on brows look pretty good...after all I have years of experience, being I'm the old chicken in my 50's.
      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/fordonotfear/scan0001-1.jpg

9. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

Oh, those things don't look good.

10. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

I've seen women with tattooed eyebrows. They look super fake.  My grandmother has a friend with them; to me, it looks ridiculous. You're probably better off just using a little eye shadow or eye liner to add a little color to your eyebrows. It'd definitely look more natural.

All tattoos fade. Some worse than others. In some cases, it depends on location, ink used, experience of the tattoo artist, aftercare,  sun exposure, and individual person's skin. I have one on my wrist that was done by an experienced person, cared for, out of the sun, and it's about 4 years old and definitely not as bright as it was years ago. Fading doesn't have to take decades.

1. profile image49
      bkbitchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no they dont look superfake , u know nothing about beauty, and when they fade it looks fine i love it i have it and i do it for people so if done right its the best!!!!! ur natural eybrows look bad , drawn on is always more perfect and beautiful, sooo get with it honey,

11. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I dated a man whose mother had it done.  She was in her 70s and had eyeliner, brows and lips done.  They were Dutch and she had it done in Holland.  It didn't look  fake or bad at all.

12. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i just wish they told me they were for women only

13. profile image0
    Justine76posted 13 years ago

I have close to no eyebrows. When I was 16 or so it drove me crazy, I got made fun of sooo bad. But, Im over it now. see...just look at my pic!! lol

14. harajukustyle012 profile image61
    harajukustyle012posted 11 years ago

people with ultra sensitive skin or excessive thinning of eyebrows, might want to look for permanent ways to get those perfect and full brows.  Good enough but it has its cons too.
    more info visit : http://www.eyebrow-makeup.net/

15. Cheyenne Wyatt profile image59
    Cheyenne Wyattposted 7 years ago

I dont think its really great to tattoo on your face.. It is really tiring though to put on make up everyday. I feel you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)