I was approved for Amazon...what is the easiest way to start?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. ChristinaScibona profile image70
    ChristinaScibonaposted 14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I was just approved for Amazon and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to start?  Thanks.

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Writing about what you know is always a good way to get your feet wet. If there are activities you enjoy that require special kit and you have that kit you can always review it, what you like and why other might want to buy. My first hub to make a sale had to do with wood carving, something I had just tried for the first time while camping. It took ages to make that sale but it was a few items, a set of knives and 2 blocks of carving wood. It takes some time to get traction with amazon and send traffic through to amazon daily so if you keep focused on writing good hubs about stuff you buy and like over time you can build up a good portfolio of hubs with the potential of sending traffic through.

I hope to see a forum thread from you soon saying you made your first amazon sale! big_smile

2. thooghun profile image94
      thooghunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It really depends on your focus. If you are seriously looking to reap long term benefits from Amazon you will need to build your hubs around their products. You will need to see what sells, trends and usages.

keyword research comes in handy once again.

3. Mutiny92 profile image64
      Mutiny92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very cool!  I just started with amazon and only have a few click throughs. No sales yet, but I can see the potential.

2. Mike Rogers profile image59
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

Huge advocate of Amazon here. It is a great way to monetize any site and particularly hubs.

The interface is very easy to use here for Amazon and it allows you to insert capsules of up to 10 items/products at a time based on keyword, choose right left or center justification, and there is no limit to how many of those capsules you may add.

Hubbers all seem to have a variety of layouts they use, myself included, but it takes some trial and error until you find one that converts.

Coincidentally I just finished reading one of your hubs and you have a wonderful writing style. I'm quite jealous wink

There will be plenty more experienced hubbers to offer more advice I am sure. Best of luck!

Mike smile

3. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Create a hub about a specific product or a generic line of products. Inform the reader about the benefits of the product and also the negatives about the product. Contrast the different brands each with their pros and cons.  Tell us how using this product will solve a need or problem for us. Give us your opinion and your endorsement, and ask us to buy the product (your call to action.) Display lots of products on your hub, find video reviews of the product on Youtube and add them too and also add a news feed or rss feed to keep the page dynamic.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Just put a few amazon modules in your hubs and put some items related to your articles in them. After you have got the hang of that you can start playing around with your layout to find the best places to put them!

5. CodyPhrenism profile image57
    CodyPhrenismposted 14 years ago

I hope I can give you the basics so that you can start making money as quickly as possible, don't get discouraged if you don't get a sale in your first few weeks, it can take time to get ranked in Google for a particular term.

Basics:

1. Go after highly targeted product hubs, these will often be the easiest to rank on the front page of Google for with minimal SEO work. Hubs that include product names often do well, a hub titled "wall clocks" will have plenty of competition, however a hub entitled "buy *brand name here* wall clocks online" will have less competition and will be much more likely to do well in the SERPS for that particular term, along with a higher conversion rate because a person who searches "buy *brand name here* wall clocks online" is much more likely to buy a clock, even if there are less people searching the term you will earn better and more consistent income.

2. Make plenty of hubs, don't think in terms of one hub at a time - Go for multitudes, 100's will be necessary to getting a good income. Don't be afraid to work, even if a few hubs don't work out you will learn from your mistakes. The harder and faster you work the better you will get!

3. Use "google adword keyword tool" to see how many people are searching for a particular term, it's a very valuable tool in determining which particular hubs will do well. Don't think that because a particular term has a lot of searches that it will be a great choice for a hub, some of my best preforming hubs only have 400 searches per month, this is due to the low competition and lucky long tail keywords that I have scored that I will talk about next.

4. Analyze competition, I use a few tools to analyze competition. Low competition is niches is where hubpages really does shine, this is due to the domain authority that hubpages possesses. This authority makes it very possible for you to rank for keywords that you weren't even planning on ranking for that occur naturally as you write, especially with longer hubs - which is why quality high word articles can be important depending on what you are trying to accomplish (however, less quality content can be very effective, but I respect hubpages and do not suggest you go around posting poor quality content - it won't do you much good in the long run). On to my point, for competition analyzation I use a few tools such as SEOQUAKE addon for firefox, it shows the pagerank of competing sites, the lower the better. If the top few PR's are above 2 or 3, unless you are willing or are extremely talented (or sometimes lucky) it will be hard to rank in the Google top 5 - not to say it doesn't happen, it does often. <3 hubpages domain authority

5. Placement, this varies different people see different results, see what works best for you!. Hope this helps! smile

6. Mieka profile image63
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

Wow thanks Cody, very helpful!!

7. CodyPhrenism profile image57
    CodyPhrenismposted 14 years ago

No problem wink, you guys deserve it.

8. ChristinaScibona profile image70
    ChristinaScibonaposted 14 years ago

Thank you for all of the helpful hints....I know I have to be patient....but I can't wait for that first sale!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)