accomplishments

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (58 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I fixed my sump pump all by myself today. The hose broke, and there was about 6 inches (and rising) of water in my basement, it HAD to be fixed. So, I did it, even though at first I had no clue how to do it.. and Im really proud of myself. and the feeling of accomplishing something you thought you couldnt do is super!
    Whats something your proud of yourself for?

2. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

I got nothin'....this one stumped me.  But good job to you.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

aww, thanks...
      I hope you remember something? It is a pretty good feeling.  smile

3. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Good work justine.

For me, forgetting good & bad karma in life is my accomplishment(nah, having memory issues these days). Lol, i wish to keep it that way cause life is short.

1. profile image0

lol I hope you succeed!!

4. manlypoetryman profile image77
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Very well done, Justine...! That is pretty much kicking-b_tt on a big problem.

My biggest accomplishment? So far today was getting out of bed...Since then...everything else has just about fallen into place after that one...big_smile

1. profile image0

for me, getting out of bed is almsot always a HUGE accomplishment.  smile Im glad your day is going well.

5. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Good job!

the closest I can come up with is:  One night about 2 am I woke up to hear water flowing and got up to find about an inch of water in the hallway, coming out of the bathroom.  When I went into the bathroom I discovered the hose at the bottom of the toilet tank was disconnected and out of control - spraying water everywhere!  I coulnd't get the hose hooked back up, but I did manage to turn off the water.  Had to call a plumber in the morning.

1. profile image0

thanks. Its so unsettling to find gushing water in your house, isn't it?

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

scared me to death!  LOL   and of course it was within my first week of being a brand new homeowner of a used mobile home!

1. profile image0

AWWWW man, i know how that feels...or frozen pipes, or the well goes dry....
          joys of home ownership. Its worth it tho.

6. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Congrats Justine!  That is awesome!

So far today, I have improved a couple of hubs and written a blog post.

1. profile image0

ha, I KNOW how your days are, you deserve a big pat on the back!!

1. Ivorwen profile image65
        Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  smile

7. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

I got a new wallpaper picture put up on my puter screen...

some fine young hottie in her underwear...nice...

cool

1. profile image0

HA!!!
      congrats.  wink

8. Haunty profile image75
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

Congrats, Justine! smile Here's to many more accomplishments. I almost said, may you have a lot of problems around the house. lol

1. profile image0

What?!!?.  thats too funny. And thank you. Ive actualy had SEVERAL problems lately, and most of them got resolved today. Its been a pretty good day. I love Mondays!

1. Haunty profile image75
        Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Got resolved? That's some modesty!

Mondays are my favorite. They are like fine refreshment to the soul after those... justineless weekends.

1. profile image0

smile

9. classicalgeek profile image81
    classicalgeekposted 14 years ago

I published a new hub. Not quite 30 in 30 days, but it's getting easier!

1. profile image0

YAY!!!! getting easier is very nice.

10. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Just got through the day without burning dinner...or losing my mind....!
    Quite an accomplishment if you ask me....  roll

(good on you btw.! )

11. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

Hmmm? Probably not a big deal for a guy, but for me it was a great accomplishment when I lifted our 46" Flat screen up (by myself-husband was at work) and raised it up 3 feet.
    The next day I woke up and my arms hurt like hell-but I was still proud of myself for doing it without any help, and not having it tumble to the ground the moment that I let go.  big_smile

12. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I'm proud of myself for not kicking the crap out of this guy at the BP gas station when he said he would love to suck my toes and other things too... I mean damn I'm just standing in line to pay for my stuff...Even the cashier was flabbergasted.. big_smile

Oh..and congrats on being so handy. Maybe you can get a show HGTV... lol

1. profile image0

holy cow!! Maybe you should have kicked him? creep....

1. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was too stunned to even think actually...I just walked out in a daze..thinking .."Is this an episode of the Twilight Zone"

Weird world we live in girl...weird world  lol

1. profile image0

last spring, the last night of hubbys unpaid vacation, he got drunk and was wrestling. He ended up seperating his shoulder, and missed another week of work. He was depressed, stressed, and in pain. To pass the time, I bought him Tombraider, but it ended up making him frustrated. SOOO, I sat at teh computer,hours and hours on end... readign to him step by step a walk thru. One night I had to run to the store to purchase lunchmeat, I had the beginings of a migrane, and was standing in the deli waiting for my order. I watched a fat boy about 9, pull apart all teh banans and stuff them in wierd palces throught the store. He then wlaked over to me and started screaming at me ..uhhh EXCUSE me! EEEEEXCUUUUUSEE me! His father was directly to my right. I said..Im sorry, Im getting my food, you can step around me?
          The boy was SHOCKED!!! He looked at his dad with huge eyes and says.."Dad, I said excuse me." The man goes
          "Yeah, I know little buddy, I see her beig a bitch to you."

1. profile image0
            StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice...some people?? I just don't know what to make of some of these parents??

1. profile image0

yeah, I wanted to slap the man, Im like...seriously? THATS how your raising your son? Good luck with that...

1. Stimp profile image60
                Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like the child is being over indulged in many ways....LOL.

1. profile image0

yeah....I felt bad, its not the kids fault no one taught him how to behave.

2. Rafini profile image82

What the HELL???   LOL

I don't know if I could have kept my mouth shut on that one!!

1. profile image0

It was hard, but my head hurt so bad that talking made me feel like throwing up, so that helped.
              I smiled, and looked at the man, and said "Oh, Im so sorry if that was rude. But, you see, I am an adult, and Im getting my food right now. "
              He turned a million shades of red and said .."oh, oh no, not at all, he can be a pest...."

1. Rafini profile image82

lol   good for you  smile
                i can't stand rude children!!

13. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Congrats Justine!

I have nothing to report on my side of things. I strive everyday to learn something new, so I have less surprises in life. When you're ready for something and see it coming, you can better prepare for when it does arrive. smile

I'm very proud of you, not to sound weird or anything. I am very glad you found the ability to remove a limitation you had in front you. It can only help you build your own spiritual love for yourself.

Thank you for sharing. smile

1. profile image0

you solved your big hub dillema!
      thank you.  smile

14. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

Alright, Justine....you've forced my hand.

After Ben's death (my horse who was killed in a trail riding accident), the "friend" who used to trailer Ben and I to the rides and who subsequently left Ben and I in the mountains that night stopped talking to me about a month after the accident.  Whatever.  At any rate, the next summer I was thinking "I don't have anyone to trailer with" and I'd not done alot of transporting myself using my own trailer.  Well, when the time came I said "fk it!! I'll get my trailer going and Jack (my other horse) and I will go to all the rides ourselves....we don't need anyone."  First ride came, I trailered Jack all by myself....loaded and unloaded him. 

As it turns out I accidentally pulled my trailer in next to this "friend" I mentioned above.  I was in such a hurry to find a spot that I wouldn't have to back out of (cuz I don't know how to back a trailer) when I left that I just pulled in there.  And she looked at me and said "oh, I'm surprised to see you here."  and I responded "Oh really? and why would that be?"  She goes "well, ya know..." and I said "no, I really don't.  please explain." 

Anyway, Jack and I went on ride after ride after ride.  Just him and I (and I always tell him that....Its just you I, Jackie....and I know he gets it).  I even took him on a camping ride.  Just him and I and my shepherd.  I had my little two horse trailer....put an army cot in the one stall of it....woke up full of pine shavings (used to pad the floor of stalls and trailers) but we did it!!

That's my story...

1. profile image0

Oh, see?! Thats exactly what I meant! Good for you. Thats a great story, and Im so glad your "friend" knows. Thanks for sharing that!!

1. Stimp profile image60

Last year I was totally intimidated and "scared" almost to run into her.  This year, I've gained alot of friends on these rides and I look at her with pity because she knows what she did and so does everyone else.  I'm alot stronger this year with my relationship with Jack and the bond I created with him last year.

1. profile image0

Im hapy for you.  I know that was a very hard time for you, and to loose a freindship also, must have been difficult. Its good to be able to finaly move on.

1. Stimp profile image60

Thanks.  YA...it was totally hard.  Because I had no one to talk to that would understand....she was "there".  At any rate, I took it quite personally and now it's like "F-U and Jackie and I'll be kickin' a$$ and takin names this summer".  Can't wait.  Thanks for making me think of something positive today.

1. profile image0

sure. Positive is a much needed thing.

15. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I haven't been banned from the forums in like a month, that there is an accomplishment!

1. Stimp profile image60

How 'bout any bars....have you been banned from any bars this month?  I have sad

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope, no bars, but I was once banned from a bar for life that hired me as the head of security two months later!

1. profile image0

i was banned from a burger king....

1. profile image0
            A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It happens...

1. Stimp profile image60

ya it does.....

2. Stimp profile image60

Thus THE real reason you are cooking dinner tonight.

2. profile image0

whoo hoo!! That IS good.

16. profile image0

well guys, thanks for the stories. Im glad y'all got something to feel good about. Have a great night, Ive got to make dinner!

1. Stimp profile image60

WHAt?  It's 3 in the afternoon.

1. profile image0

not here....  wink 
        darn..Im still here!!!!

2. Rafini profile image82

CST yes,

17. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

Justine....here's a quote you need to remember for your next trip to the deli:

"Hey, fat boy! You know the rules! No dessert until we can see your neck!"  By Karen Walker.

1. profile image0

lol nice!!

18. profile image0

new accomplishment, I learned how to play bejewlled.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)