God is in Control

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (99 posts)
  1. annobiakor profile image60
    annobiakorposted 14 years ago

Growing up I would always tell myself, "if I had control over my life all would be well". I hated changes, everything had to be the same. As long as I had constancy in my life I felt safe. As I grew older I quickly learned I had no control over anything in my life. People came and went without my permission.Death and birth took place without my permission.I experienced heartaches and pain without my permission.I had no control. Through it all I gain wisdom,knowledge and understanding that if I trusted the one that did have control the daily surprizes and transitions from one unexpected event to another would be learning experiences not moments of depression and fear. So I learned to surrender. I learned to commit. I learned to trust. I learned that God is my father and the love that he has for me is my sheild. Now instead of fear I discover faith. I am not in control but my father is and he knows whats best for me. He will do exceeding and abundantly above all I can ask or think becuase of his love for me.I no longer feel the need to be in control because I am safe in the arms of my heavenly father who is in control.

1. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why did you feel the need to testify, Sister?

2. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you keep it up. :-)

3. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you don't have control of your life, you have a serious mental problem.
      Posting this on a forum is the proof.
      I'm not going to waste more time in you.
      Get a shrink!

1. C.V.Rajan profile image59
        C.V.Rajanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrum,

In life there is a certain age upto which we feel we are in total control of ourselves and that's the way life should be. We think that's the ideal. But, as one gets aged and mature in life and as one keeps his experiences open to honest self-scrutiny, one will learn that a power above one is mostly in control and it's better and far more easier to surrender to that force to lead a far more peaceful life.

That's what this writer has experienced. I believe you will too experience it in your life at some age!

CVR

1. tantrum profile image60

I will never do !
          I'm in total control of my life.  And I will keep it that way.
          Of course I can't control Nature, but that doesn't mean there's a God  that controls me.Nature is Nature and my life is my life.
          And now, I'm where I decided to be.
          Everything I have or everything I lack, I blame all on myself.
          there's no god.
          If you think otherwise, that's your problem.
          And that is a problem! Because, Why do you live then, if everything is controlled by a God ? What's the point ??

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
            Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's only one thing in life that you can change or control, and that is yourself.

2. karobi profile image62
            karobiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

will never do !
            I'm in total control of my life.  And I will keep it that way.
            Of course I can't control Nature, but that doesn't mean there's a God  that controls me.Nature is Nature and my life is my life.
            And now, I'm where I decided to be.
            Everything I have or everything I lack, I blame all on myself.
            there's no god.
            If you think otherwise, that's your problem.
            And that is a problem! Because, Why do you live then, if everything is controlled by a God ? What's the point ??

Tantrum, what  is nature? and who control Nature? Nobody is saying that you should not have will power but that must be subjected to God who is ni control. Thanks

1. profile image53
              (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There isn't anything that would suggest Nature is being controlled. Where would get such an idea?

2. profile image0
        seasoningposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe we all need a shrink.   Maybe she has found one that is free, always there to listen, and most certainly never rude.....

1. tantrum profile image60

And most certainly, you have to be nuts to hear his voice !
          lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image61

A shrink or best friend who cares about your problems, a lover who will never desert you, an authoritive father figure to tell you what to do, a leader who will protect and guide you, and a purpose to make you feel empowered.

A love affair

4. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course you have no control over those things, the people who do those things have control over themselves, just like you do. They don't require your permission just like you don't require their permission.

That is a very selfish view of the world, and it stands to reason that it is selfish based on the fact you want to give the world permission to do things, you seem to want control over everything.

However, once you stop thinking entirely about yourself and begin extending your worldview beyond that, you'll find far too many contradictions with believing an imaginary being is in control of everything.

5. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Miss annabiakor, you have been truly inspired.  You are a ray of hope.  You are the poster child of success.  After years of self loathing, you have come full circle to trust in the One who loves you.  You - have borne and survived the refiner's fire, and now with hope and progress, you now have His countenance upon your soul.  You now identify that He has been preparing you and molding you for greatness and knowledge.  In affect, you have become the fruit of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

With sincerity and positive hope, I want to tell you that you lift my spirit and those of like taste for the Godly walk you have commenced.  May you truly be blessed in all your life endeavors, and may the heavens open up and enlighten your mind to new treasures of knowledge and before unseen possibilities for you.  smile smile smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Nice to know we don't have to do everything, isn't it?

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Getting the popcorn ready for the fireworks that will be here soon...

popcorn is ready...I have my comfy seat with a good view...

all we need now is the atheists...

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mine just finished popping, ready too.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Do not fear-- they are on their way. Don't lose heart, Anno, it's the way of the forums. Let it fly.

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I think that Anno is happy under the protective umbrella of the grace of God right now. Good for you.
         Welcome to HP

It's bed time.. I'll check the rain gage in the AM

6. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

The 'atheists' are just scared I'll throw popcorn seeds at them...lol

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You wouldn't do that, would you? After all, they are good people, too.

1. thisisoli profile image70
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope, we're evil. :p

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I thought athiest baiting was socially unacceptble in forumland. Something about being intolernt of their illogical beliefs.

Come on Mark, ernesthub, we miss you.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not until your spelling improves. smile

1. Disappearinghead profile image61

When you type as fast as I do, the keyboard smokes and keys stiiiiiicckk.

OK! A perfect opening to brag that I have a new laptop, and the keys never stick! smile
            The old computer was mechanically driven by a flagellated religionist in a circular cage, trained to use both brain cells to put one foot in front of the other.
            I asked him a sensible question, his brain seized while babbling something about some dead guy and he fell arse over head, dead as a maggot!
            So... new computer! smile

1. Disappearinghead profile image61

Tuh!

2. earnestshub profile image79

OK, I opened with this. Any takers? lol

3. earnestshub profile image79

Yeh! Petrified! Your a legend Mike!  lol

7. joshuachlim profile image60
    joshuachlimposted 14 years ago

Why did you feel the need to testify, Sister?
    i think she feels the need to share, maybe able to encourage those who are in the same situation, but haven,t seen the light.
    also maybe also to strengthen herself receiving confirmation that she is experiencing what others also had gone through.it is what we call fellowship.also encouraging one another in the Lord. sister u r doing fine.

Or maybe she is trying to spread the word of the "one true god"
      Hers of course! lol

8. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

I think that the idea that a god is in control of every detail of your life, is just a way of ducking any responsibility to take control of your own life.

Change happens and we just have to learn how to stay flexible and deal with it.

9. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 14 years ago

god is not the heavenly father but the council of hamsters.  fear and tremble at their silly way of getting you to surrender your will to any being outside yourself.  the events that happen in your life?  you signed up for them with the council of hamsters long before you were born and these events are unfolding because of the manifestation of the movie you signed up for.  as a human representative of the Hamsterhood of the Plaid Lodge, i laugh at misfortune not because my "heavenly father" thinks adversity is good for me but because i know i chose it to happen before i was incarnated into this vessel.  it's all part of the delicate balancing act of experiencing this illusion i live without being driven mad by boredom.  adversities merely serve as a counterpoint to the blissful path of the hamsters who are aware of their divine nature.  i see no need to surrender my will to a higher being and so i guess i'm just here for the popcorn.  smile

I can't even kick start em! lol

10. joshuachlim profile image60

to sister annobiakor
    We all face challenges in life -
    physical, emotional and relationship challenges,
    and at times we go through great pains.
    But if you have confidence that God is in control,
    in charge of your life,
    and that He'll help you through,
    then your relationship with God is your strength.
    And that relationship is grounded in prayer,
    if you are praying always with all prayer
    and supplication in the Spirit,
    being watchful to this end with all perseverance.

Sometimes we try so hard to solve
    the problems of our health, our children, our business,
    or our future that we become agitated or depressed.
    psalm46:10 says "Be still, and know that I am God."
    Prayer is more than a plea;
    it's a place where we must spend time
    if we are to learn its power.

As we face problems and personal suffering,
    we must not forget that our prayers are subject to His will.
    His will is the best for us.
    The difficulty is knowing the will of God.
    We cannot find true peace outside the will of God.

11. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

big_smile

If a God was in control, why would he be dependent on your faith? If God is dependent on believers, this would make believers in control.

So, are you in control of God?

The submissive has all the real power.

12. joshuachlim profile image60

to dear sister Annobiakor

Many things in life change...people, work, friendship, family.
    Life on this earth has a transitory nature.
    People come and go in our lives.
    We may move from one place to another or switch jobs.
    We learn to protect ourselves from such changes;
    so we tend to erect walls that keep others from hurting us.
    We try to build stability and safety into our lives, in the midst of this violent and rapid-changing world.
    But one thing never changes, and that is God.
    God is always there, faithful, true, available, committed to us.
    We can count on God.
    He is the one sure thing in our constantly shifting lives, the still point in a turning world.
    He is the foundation of our existence...the Rock upon which we stand.

So the Lord is saying to you...

Trust in the Lord in everything....whatever the situations, whatever happens, whatever you're doing.

In Christianity, nothing is smooth going.

Everyone will face loneliness in life.

The difference is how we accept it and deal with it.

People come and go.

Everyday, babies are born, and everyday people die.

In a moment, our loved ones can be gone; our friends can turn their backs on us.

Nothing is certain. Everything is uncertain.

But one thing is certain...

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Even before you were born, He knows your name.

He is a God who truly cares deeply about you.

Ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you.
    Talk to Him about the things deep in your heart.
    Treat Him as your friend you can trust, not just a God you cannot reach out to.

In your everyday life, Jesus is always there to protect you,
    always there to guide you when you need Him.
    Seek Him for guidance;
    seek Him for answers to your questions.

And before you make any decision, first think about God,
    and how you can serve Him
    with your life to the fullness.

13. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Believing in some God or higher power just allows people to let go of things beyond their control and trust that things will be all right. This strength comes from within and I for one wish that everyone could see this is true. If there were a God it for one would not be anything remotely human. No emotions, no gender, no opinion. Not something that you pray too asking for personal favors. All change and strength to endure comes from within. Not from some Invisible man in the sky with a list of things "HE" doesn't want you to do.

One of his students asked Buddha, "Are you the messiah?"
    "No", answered Buddha.
    "Then are you a healer?"
    "No", Buddha replied.
    "Then are you a teacher?" the student persisted.
    "No, I am not a teacher."
    "Then what are you?" asked the student, exasperated.
    "I am awake", Buddha replied.

14. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

yeah yeah god who died on some wooden panel is going to care for us and save us eh ?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes He cares for you.
      No He ain't gonna save you unless you ask Him to.

1. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brenda can I ask you a serious question? Why do you believe in this? Is it because you were raised that way? You married someone who believed?  What is the reason that you believe that out of all the named Gods and religions that yours is the the only way to salvation?

1. profile image0

I heard because I was raised that way.
          I believe because I've seen and felt His Love and power confirmed in so many ways!  He captured my heart!  I choose to honor that.  Plus, it is the only explanation that even makes sense.

Romans 10: 10 says that with the heart man believes unto righteousness, and his mouth testifies to that.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And lets face it - speaking for god gives you some personal authority that is otherwise lacking in your life. wink

As the the only "explanation that makes sense." lol lol lol

Dear me...... God will burn you for preaching against the Word.

It's a love affair. Not picking on you Brenda, I mean that seriously.

Continued belief in a god is a malfunction of basic human needs.

15. skyfire profile image80

Now that you're playing on line of assumption. Let me ask him " can i change time ? " wink

I can bring better change to this world by stopping his death if he allows me to manipulate time, can he allow me to do that ? think and answer.

1. profile image0

It's not in His plan to annul the Sacrifice.  Peter tried that, and Jesus proved He was in control.
      As far as turning back time, He can do it if He wants to.  He did it for Hezekiah, adding 15 years to his life.  (Isaiah 38).

1. skyfire profile image80

Adding life to human is not miracle. It could be for you.

I'm talking about time manipulation, something that decrease the gap between gods and humans. He can allow me to do that ? I've better deal for your god,i'll stop death of his son in return, is it possible to hand over that power to me ? Ask him that cause all communication lines from atheists/agnostics/anti-theists to god are either busy or out of network. So we need help with medium.

1. profile image0

You're just SOOL unless you really want to reach Him.  Then, you'd have a direct line to Him.   There is only one Mediator, and that's Jesus (who IS God also).  I can't do it for you, nor would I want to.   Where's your heart? Is it with God, or is it with your quest for power?  You'll have to take that quest to the devil; he will offer it to you!  He offered it to Jesus.  But Jesus had enough sense to know Who was in control.

Either you're in love with god, or you're power-hungry. There are no other choices within this framework...

Why not ? You think of world as only-white or only-dark ? I don't at all. There is balance if there are two extremes as you think.

It's not my framework. Christians and other religionists always have their distorted viewpoints of nonbelievers, which of course change with the discussion and participants. We're either too proud, hard-hearted, power-hungry, lovers of debauchery unwilling to give up our supposedly decadent lifestyles, etc etc.

The real reason nonbelievers don't believe of course is never given serious consideration. They're good, we're bad, one way or another.

1. aka-dj profile image65
                  aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a pretty distorted view on your part too. hmm
                  Esp about the part on who is good and who is bad!
                  NONE are good! smile

You know it's always fun to play the role of anti-theist, cause they ask you questions like why you don't believe and what takes you to believe in him, why you don't pray and ask him etc. They stand from a point that god exist and then they start to categorize people as either good hence god believer or bad hence non-believer. They don't go with the line of reasoning of atheist/agnostics that if god exist then they need to prove it other than some poems, word salads. But they avoid that way and prefer to play the anti-theist game. Sometimes it's fun i just tried it in this thread and it shows what frameworks these people try for convincing others about god's son and humans role towards god.

I'm mortal and my quest is for power, knowledge,space,matter and time. I don't like to be a pet of some sadistic controller be it devil or god. What are my chances of communication if i refuse to take up to only-devil or only-god ?? And how can i verify what you say is truth about god ? Your sayings could be devilish as you can't explain things rationally. Anyway, my deal is clear for those higher-powers who wants to pick it up i'm on that side. wink

16. skyfire profile image80

By the way, How you know that he cares for me ? I didn't get monthly 1000$ cheque from kontera. So how you know that he cares ? tongue

1. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You would need a whole lot more than an all powerful being to get a $1000 cheque from Kontera tongue

lol

17. lovelypaper profile image59
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

I think God wants us to use our wisdom and brains to have some control in our own lives, but ultimately, He is the Master of it all. There is a balance to do what you can but also let God be your guiding light.

18. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

How can you say that it is the only thing that makes sense? I wont say anything to this except that I think you mean to say that it is the only thing that makes sense to you. Truthfully it makes no sense to me and I was raised that way too. To me Buddhism Makes sense. Have a wonderful day Brenda. Namaste

19. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

annobiakor,
    thanks for your testimony!  What an awesome God He IS!! big_smile

20. profile image0

What is the real reason you don't believe?

21. profile image0

Amen to that!

22. skyfire profile image80

Nature is not god. Nature varies from planet to planet. nobody has control on nature. assuming who controls it is ignorant position.

1. profile image0

At least you got one thing right---nature is not God.

23. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

God is in Control

What "GOD"?

Controls what?

Life is under control of the individual.

A human being creates their own individual thoughts and actions.

A human being has the potential of full self-responsibility.

A human being knows of an limitless wisdom.

A human being has free will.

No entity is in control of any human being, and to think so is absurd.

24. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

this is getting more ridiculous by the minute.

man v man
    man v nature
    man v society
    man v Elohim

Elohim, "wtf is man's problem?!" {paraphrased from 'He was grieved that He had made adam (man).' lol

25. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Ho-hum:
    I've asked so many times and have gotten only opinion and conjecture in responses.
    First, let me say this: I am not an atheist, agnostic, deist or a believer in supernatural divinities.
    Question: What is this "god" thing you all mention as if you "know?"
    I need a definition that "factually" defines this "god" thing so that I can, just,  consider it.
    TY...:-)

1. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

God is dependency of weak minds.

1. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marine:
        I'm trying to give them an opportunity to satisfy my curiosity.
        Lets see if they can handle an answer with logical aplomb..ok?
        ..:-)

A god is a concept originally invented to explain things which were formerly unexplainable. In time it became confused with concepts of reward and punishment. Leaders of tribes began to use the concept to control their followers. Leaders evolved into governing parties and the god concept became a useful tool for the powers that be in their exploitation of the masses.

Eventually a random observant man here or there began to break free from the delusion. In an attempt to free his fellow man from the yoke of superstition, he would attract the attention of the powers that were and end up executed for corrupting society. At this point in the evolution of the god concept, it became a truly necessary belief.

This point in time endured for thousands of years, and the necessary, enforced belief in god became embedded in the human psyche. But the spirit of man would not be crushed, as fresh men were born every generation. With the innate if long subverted ability to reason, each generation took a step towards enlightenment, and out of the dark.

Some are still too afraid to follow.

Thanks, Qwark, you always make me think.

26. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The god thing is hard-wired in the sub-conscious.
    Plenty of evidence of this, it is controlled by the "lizard brain" and related directly to fear of death.
    Man has been trying to externalise death since the beginning of time.
    That mankind would even believe the madness and neurosis promoted in these tomes is indicative of just how big this fear is. smile

1. qwark profile image61

Earn:
      You use words like: "sub-conscious," "hardwire," "evidence," "lizard brain," "neurosis," like you think those I'm trying to get a "factual" definition of this god thing from, know what yer talking about.
      You were just thinking and typing not expecting that "primitive" human life would/could read your comment with understanding...right? It's "garble" to them.
      See, when I ask a question of them, I have to lower my expectations and reduce my vocabulary to their level if I expect to get a response.
      I thought my last question to them was simply put, but I got no response, Soooo, that's indicative of the fact that I'll have to ask it again.
      It's kinda hard for me to regress to their level of understanding, but my curiosity must be sated, so onward and forward.
      Now how would a kindergardner ask that question?I'm gonna work on it.

You make a valid point qwark. Maybe we could start by handing out the children's version. "I'm OK your OK" to them. smile
        The "your OK" part seems to be a big part of the problem for them to understand as well. smile

1. qwark profile image61

Earn:
          Point well made....well taken!

27. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I believe with God all things are possible and I just give it over to him when the going gets tough.smile

1. qwark profile image61

AEvans:
      That's wonderful!
      It's so simple and simply put!
      Maybe you are the one who can define this god thing you mention in terms other than opinion and conjecture for me.
      Can you please?
      TY so much!

28. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 14 years ago

I need to go back and read at least one of the Hubs by AEvans about her year last year . . . I really got down over the challenges faced last year and I know it affected my writing - and my relationship with God. I kept thinking at different times, "He's not really 'in control'" . . .

1. Mekenzie profile image76
      Mekenzieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don, I know what you mean - stress can either drive us to deeper thinking and relationship to God or throw us into chaos.  The choice is ours and no choice is to choose chaos.

29. earnestshub profile image79

or you could think for yourself! smile

did I say that I did not think for myself?  earnest I do think ... hence the deeper thinking part.  I happen to believe God gave me intellect and wisdom which is why He says He made us in His own image.  But earnest I am not a debator with those who choose not to believe.  I respect you and we are each free to believe as we wish.  It's not who I am to argue or debate..

You imply that deeper thinking leads to god. I dispute that. smile

earnest, bless your heart .. you have every right to dispute that.  My deeper thinking does lead me to God.  That's me and that's what I do.

30. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Jeez! there are 2 more people who seem to "know" this god thing and won't respond to my question.
    Why is that ?
    That isn't very jesus like.
    I'm sure if I asked this jesus person, he'd sit me down and try to explain it to me.
    These can't be christians..uh uh ..

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can you describe the core of the earth to me? When you can describe it from your own observations then maybe you will get a description of God.

1. qwark profile image61

Dent:
        You seem to be one of those who can read but without understanding.
        I didn't ask you to ask me a question, I asked for an answer..
        Try it again...ok ty

1. profile image0

I have given you a chance to prove that you can do what you ask everyone else to do. But I only ask about physical things which are much easier to explain than spiritual things.

You have been asking that same question for months now. You have been shown all that can be shown to you, yet you still ask knowing that any answer given will not be good enough for you. What does this say about you and your personality? Does this make you a bully who likes to pick on people? 

You talk of intelligence and how you have to ask like you are asking kindergarten children. Come up with your answer to my question. Show us how intelligent you really are. Stop dodging my question.

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
            Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're back! I am sorry to interrupt, but how are you and your family?

1. profile image0

Actually I never left, just slowed down a lot the last few days. Everyone is fine.

Okay I will leave you to it then. Just glad to see you are yourself.

1. profile image0

Was I someone else?   tongue I am always myself, just in different moods at times. wink

Silly. smile

2. qwark profile image61

Dent:
            I'm gonna be real FAIR.
            Just as soon as you stop dodging my question, I'll do the same for you.
            since I asked my question first, I think it's only FAIR that you give it your best shot first, then I'll do the same for you.
            Once you have "factually" defined this god thing, by golly, I'm a man of my word, I'll answer any question you have for me!
            Ya can't get a fairer deal than that.
            Ok? ..go for it!  :-)

1. profile image0

I recall giving you the best answer I was able a few weeks ago. I also recall never hearing another comment from you on that thread. So tell me why should I go through it all again? Just something else you can ignore?

1. qwark profile image61

Dent:
                I guess ya just don't know when yer offered a really good opportunity.
                Ya asked me another question. I can only assume that you are functioning from a "crib" and language is, at the moment difficult for ya.
                I tried, all levels of communication with you: adult,juvenile, kindergarden and now back to the crib. I can only presume that understanding is not your forte,
                I must consider that you have not reached the age of credability yet and just ignore the jibberish you offer until you reach the "age-of-reason."
                So be it. I now have you on "ignore."
                I'm disappointed! I thought, maybe you had progressed...tsk tsk

1. profile image0

So you put me on the same page as you put God? I am flattered but so unworthy to be counted ezqual to Him.

31. earnestshub profile image79

A religious remedy.
    Take 200mg of mmda to balance your seratonin, then tell us about who god is! lol

32. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Must confess, I am the one in control lol

1. profile image0

Are you positive?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)