Someone ordered something on my amazon!!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Mieka profile image63
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

It was directly related to one of my hubs, and I'm sooo happy right now. It was only a rather cheap dvd though, so the commission is probably not too high.
    And how long does it take before you will know if an order is actually shipped and so you will get that commission?

big_smile

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It should have all that information on Amazon. Go to your account there. It tells you what commission you got and it also tells you how often you will be paid depending on the payment option you selected.

1. calpol25 profile image59
        calpol25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

They email you too to let you know the transactions has worked.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
          Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've sold quite a bit through my Amazon links and I've never received an email from them to let me know a "transaction worked."

The only time I get an email from Amazon (associate-related) is to let me know that a payment (to me) was processed.

2. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

really?

wow. i have had a lot of Amazon sales and never received an email from them. the only emails i get are the monthy reports. neutral

hmm, i must not have some email notification set correctly.

congratulations, Mieka! smile

1. She-rah profile image67
            She-rahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amazon is one of my big sellers too and I never get an email either from them either. Not even a monthly report. I just check my sales everyday. Guess I better check my email settings as well.

2. Jenny Brown profile image61
    Jenny Brownposted 14 years ago

I don't know but Woo-Hoo for you! Well done smile

3. Mieka profile image63
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

Cool, thanks everyone. I had been looking around amazon for a bit, but I find it somewhat hard to find the information I'm looking for... might be just me then smile

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Click on Earnings Report in the left column and it tells you the commission.

1. Mieka profile image63
        Miekaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It says 0. Is that because it is just ordered and not shipped yet?

Yes, but you should be able to see both orders and earnings.  Once an item is shipped it will show up under earnings.

1. Mieka profile image63

Thank you Lily Rose. i guess I have to have a little more patience. I'm just so excited!

No problem - I remember how excited I was with my first sale.  Heck, I get excited by EVERY sale!

2. She-rah profile image67
              She-rahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I remember my first sale, not to long ago actually, I was so tickled. I probably checked my account every 15 minutes  for 24 hrs. to see how much commission I made, lol.

4. europewalker profile image78
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Congrats!

5. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 14 years ago

Gratz!!!

6. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

i get excited by every sale still too!

I even jump into google to calculate my commission every time!

did you know you can use google search as a calculator?

My most recent sale: (stick into google)

129.95 x .04 =

1. Mieka profile image63

Hmmm, in that case my commission will be 40 cents. It's a nice start smile

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a nice start!

It adds up.

1. Nell Rose profile image89
          Nell Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hiya, thats what happened to me today! I checked earlier, and to my absolute amazement, someone had bought something!! wey hey! as you say, about 40c or translated into British, about 25p!! its a start, at last. ha ha

2. Lily Rose profile image85

SF, when you said "I even jump into google to calculate my commission every time!" I read it twice to make sure I read it right and thought "what the heck does he mean by that" ....until I read your next sentence! 

No, I had no idea you could use Google as a calculator like that!  I love to learn new cool stuff like that, thanks!

3. ngureco profile image80
      ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's right. This Google Search is Good. I notice you can also convert Euros to dollar by typing, say: 34.5 euros to $

7. camlo profile image86
    camloposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!
    I've never, ever sold anything over Amazon, and was wondering if anything could ever get sold (through a Hub). Thanks for reassuring me!

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If your intention is to sell something on amazon, than your hub should be designed to attract someone who is searching to buy something.

The attach related items to any topic  gamble is just that...a gamble

8. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

You will see earnings one the product is shipped, I earn a fair amount off amazon daily, it can be done!

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I sold six packets of seeds yesterday, but it showed as zero commission until today when the items were actually shipped. I also know that if the buyer returns the items, they will take the commission back.
    However, I chose to sell seeds for two reasons. One, they are n integral part of what I know most about, and therefore write about, and two, after I sell 7 items in each calendar month I get a higher rate of commission.
    This month is off to an excellent start with the six seed packets (something like 40 cents commission in total) but another seed packet to go, then I get is it 7% commission should someone buy a big item, like a greenhouse?

10. Sage Williams profile image59
    Sage Williamsposted 14 years ago

Wow, so good to know that it really is possible.  I was beginning to think it never happens.  Hooray!!

Sage

11. profile image0
    troseposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!  Very happy for you! smile  Keep doing what you doing because something is working well.

12. Chloe Comfort profile image61
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

Very cool! Congratulations Mieka smile

13. videl05 profile image43
    videl05posted 14 years ago

Congrats! Mieka
    Keep on working cool

14. DanPowers profile image45
    DanPowersposted 14 years ago

I've now sold 2 items on Amazon - the second being a USB hub. Wow, my hub about hubs turns out to be WIN!

Unfortunately you only get a few cents for selling a USB hub. I've still only sold an average of 1 product a month. I take my hats off to those hubbers who make more than $100 a month on Amazon!

15. salt profile image59
    saltposted 14 years ago

congratulations

16. BeBrown profile image64
    BeBrownposted 14 years ago

Well done!  Who makes more than $100 a month from Amazon?  that would be interesting reading!

17. gramarye profile image60
    gramaryeposted 14 years ago

This is all very comforting to hear as I haven't made an amazon sale yet. I'll post when I do.

In the meantime, it is also comforting to hear that people do make amazon sales!

Hang in there seems to be the catch cry!

1. gramarye profile image60
      gramaryeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I'm back. I decided to check my Amazon and in the last 2 days I made 2 sales - I've now got $1.07 Yippee!!!

It does feel good!

18. stevenheron profile image59
    stevenheronposted 14 years ago

Congraulations gramarye, keep up the good work and keep on publishing those hubs. Many more Amazon sales are no doubt coming your way!

1. gramarye profile image60
      gramaryeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot!

19. She-rah profile image67
    She-rahposted 14 years ago

Congrats to everyone with their new Amazon or very first Amazon sales. So exciting!!! I try to write about things that I personally use and tell my reasons why. Kind of like a very long testimonial with specific information that you can't find on Amazon about the products. If my hub is informational only then I put books to sell. I have only 1 hub that's actually based on Amazon products because I love the product and order them frequently. Never do much with Adsense. 1 Question: Since I do order some products from Amazon frequently, can I order off of my own hub??? I never have because it seems like cheating but would be nice if I could, smile.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)