Are Motor Bikes Really Dangerous?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (74 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I tend to think motor bikes are safe, it is the actions of thoughtless drivers and sometimes carless riders are what is dangerous, my Kawasaki 250 has never been crashed and I have been riding it for almost 20 years.....

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep - I tend to agree with you. Motorbikes are very safe if driven correctly; if the driver is poor then you'll likely see a crash!

I also agree that it's other drivers that make it more dangerous - most don't take enough care and attention around motor bikes!

2. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I fell off mine, a Kawasaki 350 triple, when the back went out from under me on black ice on a straight away. I remember doing 360s on the side still holding unto the handle bars, my legs straight behind me while still in my lane and cars coming towards me in the other lane. I got up and drove it home and never rode in the winter again.

They're as safe as anything else you do that involves risk. Still you don't have control of what others do and on a bike, if you're hit, you're likely to get hurt worse then if you were surrounded by a cage.

3. LaMamaLoli profile image59
      LaMamaLoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please don't jinx yourself. A family member had been riding his for 20 years and was a sensible rider, yet died in a crash- he was hit by a car. You may be a safe driver, and maybe it is usually "other" road users which are the danger, but the fact remains that its the motorcyclist who will come off worse. Take care of yourself.

4. freeeasycoupons profile image59
      freeeasycouponsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think Bike is not a Dangerous.

5. cocowboy profile image60
      cocowboyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With the proper safety precautions (helmets) and proper lessons they are rather safe... the problem is when people don't use their head and out drive their conditions....      the other problem is that drivers of cars and trucks aren't used to looking out for objects smaller than them....    I have been in a couple scrapes, but i had my helmet on and I am still here and a kickn.

6. Glenn Raymond profile image61
      Glenn Raymondposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey!  It depends on who is riding and who is driving those cars.  The purpose for a big loud bike like mine is, people see and hear you coming.  Also, it is not a matter of "if" you go down, but a matter of "when" you go down.  You have got to know how to react and be ready to react quickly.  If one does not have quick reflexes and several good plans in mind, it could be very bad.  I have also known many beloved riders who have lost their lives because they wore a helmet.  They might protect your head a tiny bit, but they snap necks in nothing flat.  If people do not wear their heavy leathers, they can kiss their skin goodbye.  Yes, I do plan on writing about all of this.  But for now, I am new and still have some things to complete and things to understand about all these Affiliates.  Let's please stay in touch.  Cheers! Glenn

7. dreamdairy profile image61
      dreamdairyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you are right, its not the bike but the rider who crashes it. Motor Bikes are not dangerous

8. dannyjohnson1027 profile image60
      dannyjohnson1027posted 12 years agoin reply to this

i think motor bikes are not safe.A lot of accidents involving motorcycles are mostly death.http://www.jpopo.info/g.gif 

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5797049.gif

2. thooghun profile image95
    thooghunposted 14 years ago

I agree with Irish, unfortunately at least over here ( I live in Rome ) your skill has little to do with safety, it is the actions of other drivers that make biking a dangerous habit.

3. theirishobserver. profile image60

SimeyC how are you - looking forward to St Patrick's Day smile

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course! Got my Guinness ready, my Guinness Recipes ready and a green hat......I do have Irish blood so I'm allowed to be Irish for the day!

Of course, I doubt the Guinness will last this weekend, so I may have to by more, and more and more!

How are you? Great painting BTW - I'm looking forward to seeing it in its full Glory...

4. theirishobserver. profile image60

Is Rome really as difficult to drive in as it appears on TV smile

5. m.zeshan profile image58
    m.zeshanposted 14 years ago

Yah, because it has only two wheels, if you can balance it, it will be better for you, other wise it is very dangerous because you are open on bikes, if any car or motor can hit you, after that you will be on ground.

6. theirishobserver. profile image60

m.zeshan - thanks for that comment - but I think you will find that statistically - you are more likely to be killed or seriously injured in a car - I suppose it depends on where you live smile

7. theirishobserver. profile image60

SimeyC - I am certain that you have Irish blood - Im sure the Guinness will go down a treat - it wont be long now smile smile smile

8. ohox profile image60
    ohoxposted 14 years ago

oh yes, motorcycle are safe..depends on how you drive it and where you drive it..as theirishobserver said.
    here in Indonesia we must use big helmet (half full helmet) for requirement. if not, you must pay some fee to the police. it is a bit danger riding motorcycle in here. there is a lot of motor rider  which in some city, the road always full of motorcycle. motorcycle only have 2 wheels, so it really depend on your agility ride motorcycle. unless, you got hit by a car or something. thats a different matter. so ride with safety is a must. big_smile

safety to the first

9. dongately profile image61
    dongatelyposted 14 years ago

I've been riding big motorcycles since 1955 and have not been seriously hurt - but I think motorcycles are definitely more dangerous than cars.   You have to ride defensively.  You never know what the other person is going to do.  But the fun of motorcycling makes the risk worthwhile.  after all, you can't go through life never taking a chance.

10. Mental Ink profile image67
    Mental Inkposted 14 years ago

I've been riding for more than 24 years. I've had a bad wreck and have lost friends; some due to their own stupidity and some due to the negligence of others.

But I've also lost friends in regular car accidents. That said, there are only two types of riders; those who have wrecked. And those who are going to.

So, I do not think the bike itself is what's dangerous; it's the skill of the rider combined with the awareness (or lack thereof) of those driving around us. Problem with the bike is that you're simply less protected in the event of an emergency.

1. profile image57
      foreignpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excuse me!? 24 years?!! Looking at your photograph, you're not old enough to been riding 24 years. Maybe 4 years. That was a typographical mistake you made.

1. Mental Ink profile image67
        Mental Inkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

foreignpress - u are TOO kind, but alas, that is not a typo. If it were I'd be deducting years, not adding them.

But thank you ;-)

11. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 14 years ago

Motor bikes are not dangerous, if you don't ride them.  Pavements are not dangerous, if you don't walk on them.  Its all about risk assessment.  Some things are just more risky than others.  Yet, you could choke on an extra strong mint and it no one is there you will still be going to the choir invisible.  Disability after the accident, now thats what you need to worry about.  Mind you, heroic CPR after the extra strong mint choking could lead to the same senario.  Good luck guys!

12. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 14 years ago

I have a car for the week, and a motorbike for the track at the weekend. I will not ride a motorbike on the road. I've been ridding for 3 years starting off on motor cross bikes and I've never crashed, yet I know the moment I go on the road,some idiot not paying attention is going to knock me off. So I play it safe (and enjoy the bikes full potential!) I keep it on the track only.

13. borge_009 profile image72
    borge_009posted 14 years ago

It will depend on the driver.  I have seen so many motor bike accidents almost everyday in our country, gruesome accidents.  The drivers should always practice safe driving

14. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 14 years ago

My step father always told me that 'if I taught you how to drive well, then the only person on the road I have to worry about is the other driver.'  I think that about sums it up, if you drive safe, you'll be able to spot and, hopefully, steer clear of those that are not.

15. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

I have yet to talk to any person who has told me they have died while on a motorcycle

1. Chaotic Chica profile image60
      Chaotic Chicaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  I should hope not!

2. andromida profile image55
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too greek smile

16. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I don't think motorcycles themselves are dangerous but careless auto drivers and inexperienced motorcycle riders are!!!

17. Padrino profile image60
    Padrinoposted 14 years ago

Firearms don't just go off.

A spoon didn't make Rosie O'Donnell fat.

And a motorcycle is not dangerous by itself.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

18. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Are Motor Bikes Really Dangerous? No. They are harmless until one gets one. Once someone gets one and begins driving it, does it become dangerous.

Should one be responsible about riding one, then the dangerous nature of a motor bike is lessened.

On another hand, there are plenty of people who do not respect motor bikes or the riders, because they are not more aware. There are more accidents of motor bikes, due to other people negligence than to self issues.

The bike itself isn't dangerous.

19. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

They are not dangerous - they just put the rider in a Vulnerable position because Motorists aren't often aware of them.

Stay safe.

20. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Only the ones that crash.

Even then it's not the motorcycles that usually hurts you-it's the pavement! smile

21. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I seem to remember that 1 in 3 accidents in London involves a motorcycle. Given how few motorcycle that there are that is worrying. I can also tell you in Thailand where about 70 per cent of people use motorcycles, fifty people die on a motorcycle every day. That is carnage.

22. ab420 profile image59
    ab420posted 14 years ago

Irresponsible motorcycle riding is always dangerous, but responsible defensive riding with proper gear is not as dangerous as some of the cars / drivers on the road.

23. Falsor Wing profile image61
    Falsor Wingposted 14 years ago

I do not beleive they are considered more dangerous because they are more likely to get in accidents. Their dangerous reputation comes from the fact that if you do get hit, even grazed, the blacktop will sandpaper through skin muscle and bone.

24. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 14 years ago

Most riders, in my opinion, are safer when on their motorcycles because they are more alert and pay closer attention to the road and what other vehicles are doing in case the other driver does not see them, which is often the case.  Those that stunt ride in traffic and race off the track are temtping the odds and gambling with their lives and they are the ones who are dangerous.  A rider needs to know his/her limits and ride accordingly.

25. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

I suppose I'll be the voice of dissent here. I don't understand how on earth they're still selling the things, really. I get the point of wanting to be free and it's fun and all...but seriously, you can't buy a car without a windshield, seat belts, air bags, crumple zones, safety testing, steel cage..blah, blah, blah...How on earth is it even legal to let someone drive on two wheels and a motor?

I was engaged to be married once upon a time. He was a great guy, very responsible. Safe motorcycle rider. He was hit head on by the driver of a car who couldn't stay on his side of the road. He died instantly.

I'll never be convinced they're safe. And I'll never ride one.

Just my two cents. Ya'll have fun and be safe.

I am sorry for your loss.  There is an inherant (sp) danger and you do bring up a valid and interesting point regarding safety features.  I am glad they are not illegal but I can see where one would question that.  And never worry about putting your two cents in~that's why we're here! smile

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, I love this community!

Thank you for your condolences and kind words. I am not so much against them that I would ever campaign for them to be illegal (to each his own, you know)...it just *does* surprise me that someone else hasn't pointed out the safety feature issue. I do know that plenty of people have wonderful experiences with their bikes and never get harmed or cause it...I just couldn't ever bring myself to ride one. Call me chicken...you'd probably be right wink

ETA: And, just BTW, I was just as chicken about them before my fiance's wreck as well...he got quite a laugh out of the fact that I wouldn't ride with him...LOL

26. The Time Rider profile image70
    The Time Riderposted 14 years ago

They are as safe as any other activity that involves speed & the slightly protected human body. Life is inherently dangerous.  Statistically you have a better chance of getting seriously injured or dieing in a home accident.  Look at all the fun stuff; water skiing, snow skiing, football, ice hockey, etc.  So you can either live your life, determine your own acceptable risks and enjoy your life or you can just stay home .... no wait, you can't go there either because you might get injured or killed.

We're all here on borrowed time so why not enjoy the ride where ever it takes you!

27. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

They are "safe" in the same way that guns are "safe".

28. dugger62 profile image59
    dugger62posted 14 years ago

lol- yeah its the other drivers you have to worry about.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly! My ex was injured badly on his motorcycle when a car crashed into him. He actually went through the car's windshield.

My current husband had a big cycle - a Goldwing - that he had ridden for years without having an accident. One day on his way to work, he hit a patch of gravel as he was taking a turn and lost control of the bike. He had terrible pavement burns, broken bones, and a punctured lung. He spent weeks under a burn tent. If he hadn't been wearing his helmet, he would have been killed.

Bikes are more dangerous than cars because they offer no protection in a wreck. I'm not saying people shouldn't ride motorcycles. I believe people should have the right to do so, but it can be dangerous.

29. tedcantu profile image36
    tedcantuposted 14 years ago

It depends on who is driving it -- !! But seriously, the answer to your question is yes. YES. and YES!!!  Motorcycles are a serious risk.

30. profile image0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 14 years ago

no..it always safe....by the way handling by us...

31. mkott profile image66
    mkottposted 14 years ago

Motorcycles are safe in a perfect riding enviroment.  With that said that rarely happens.  The main thing is know what you are doing as a rider and then always ride defensively.  There are risk in many things we do and this is one of them.  Be smart, be safe and wear protective gear.  You may not get hit by another motorist but satistically if you ride long enough, often enough, you will go down.  Hopefully when you do, you can get the bike up and continue on your ride with a few scrapes.

Happy riding and keep the rubber side down.  smile

32. rambrose57 profile image60
    rambrose57posted 14 years ago

Motor bikes are safe if driven safely and you don't get a bike too powerful for your experience level.

33. michifus profile image55
    michifusposted 14 years ago

There is nothing dangerous about motorbikes if they are driven properly, however the problem is with other drivers. Bikes can be very hard to see, and can be perfectly covered by a blind spot.
    The problem is that only a slight knock and you and bike get separated, and if travelling at speed that is often all that is required for serious injury or death.

I live in Spain where the moto is king - Scooters are everywhere and are a great way to get around and are easy to park. They are perfect for zipping through a line of traffic between cars, and this is a major problem, as any car driver has to take special care when changing lane as there is usually a bike there. Not all drivers are as vigilant as me.

There are a great deal of accidents with bikes and scooters, however since scooters outnumber cars where I am, relatively speaking there are probably fewer bike accidents than there are car accidents when you take the numbers into consideration. The problem is that bike accidents tend to be more serious for the rider.

On balance, bikes are great, but if you want to get about safely, it is probably best to go by car. A steel cage offers a far greater amount of protection than , well, nothing!

34. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Raced for 12 years, bike owner for 23.  You WILL have a tumble sooner or later.  Happens to every rider.  2 broken legs and one arm over 23 years is pretty good.  I'm still alive and I still ride.

35. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

It's not ONLY the other drivers that are a concern. 
    A couple of years ago I saw a motorcycle hit a deer. It was about 1000 ft. in front of me in the oncoming lane.

I thought the bike had exploded because there were parts flying everywhere... motorcycle parts and deer parts. The rider was knocked across the road-- and still alive and consious, but hurting badly when I stopped. His helmet had been knocked off in the impact.

Luckily, the car behind me belonged to an off-duty emergency medical tech.  I don't know what happened to the man, but the bike was in many pieces, scattered among the deer guts and limbs. The animal had suddenly jumped into the road for the last time.

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I broke a leg hitting a rock the size of a marble.  It don't take much to put you on the ground.

Agreed~my husband actually hit a buzzard while riding!  He turned around to kick it to make sure it was dead then went on to work with blood on his shirt and face.  He's a very experienced rider and handled it well but you should have seen everyone else when he walked in! LOL He just went into the restroom to wash off and, as I happened to be driving behind him on my seperate way, I brought him a spare shirt he had in the van.  All is well that ends well but you do have to be careful.

36. zeestkhan profile image61
    zeestkhanposted 14 years ago

Yes. Motor biking is really danger. Yesterday, one of my friend got an accident while returning from school on bike, A car hit him, and his arm is broke now. He is ok by grace of God. BUT, he has lost his one arm. It will take 1 year to rehabilitate.
    Biking can be done but in very care manner, very active and attentive. I wish all the bikers best of luck

37. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

Are guns safe?  It depends on the owner.

But no matter how great or safe you drive... when johnny cell texter is looking down at the screen, misses the red light and plows into you... you lose.

38. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

People who survive several years of riding a bike tend to become very safe drivers smile

39. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

you have to be always on the look out for what is happening in front, beside and behind you and good over the shoulder checks - not just a little glance or only looking in the mirrors.  and be really careful going through intersections.  Highway riding is much safer than riding in a city any day. There are Too many people not paying attention to their driving I find; drifting over yellow lines etc. and not taking corners very well - so defensive riding is pretty important - no daydreaming allowed! LOL and...when you are a woman on a bike - some people just get too close to take a look unfortunately.  I have techniques to get people to back off when they want to 'look' because when they are looking they are not paying attention to the road.   my 2 cents.

1. profile image49
      erin_transportposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I own a company in Northern Ireland that hires out motorbikes to (qualified) riders who wish to take part in a track day. We have seen all levels of experience and as of yet not had any mis-haps.  Its really a personality thing, attitude and confidence on the track are key. We provide throughout the day inspiration to customers and also solid advice regarding racing lines and safety. On our track days the only competition is between you and the stop-watch. Taking 5 seconds off someones first session to their end of day session provides the rider with added confidence when they leave the safe haven of the track. Everyone realises that the roads are completly different to tracks. But track time and experience gathering WILL hold you in good stead when you come across a situation that requires instincts and fast reactions.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image61
        Glenn Raymondposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It depends a lot on the skill of the rider.  In a lot of ways they are dangerous, but a lot of it comes down to common sense.  I've been riding since I was a kid.  I've gone down a few times, nothing serious.  You have got to have good instincts and use them, as well as being able to think and react quickly.  Surviving going down requires knowing ahead of time how to react when you go down.  And know that it is never a matter of "if" you go down, but "when" you go down.  This is a wonderful question.

1. profile image48
          J13Smileyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very true that it's when you go down!!  Alot of people in this world don't look out for us riders.  For instance, the last lady who made me crash said she didn't see me when she cut me off.

40. profile image50
    kromedomeposted 13 years ago

I'm young(22) and have only been riding for a couple years, and have already noticed how easily we are missed. There has not been a week where I have not had a close call from other drivers not paying attention, be it oncoming traffic in a 2-lane crossing the yellow line or drifters on the highway. And its for this very reason I don't ride around like a reckless fool. I was taught to drive like a trucker, and between that and going through the MSF course, I feel confident in my abilities and awareness around me, especially anticipating the mistakes of others. But I have to agree with the majority on this thread that, yes, bikes are safe as long as you don't ride like a fool and are prepared for the worst

41. BlackBike profile image62
    BlackBikeposted 13 years ago

I think the main modern safety feature of motorcycles are tyres. They are so good and grip for so long, it allows very fast riding to be fast providing you are not an idiot with it (full throttle mid corner when turning for example).

Motorcycle clothing and helmets are now also so good that they can prevent most injuries too. The only time they don't work is when your body has an impact with something solid like a wall, tree or another vehicle. If you have the space to slide then it is relatively safe considering.

Motorcycles being dangerous is due to lack of observation by road users (the motorcyclist and other road users alike). Although nearly all motorcyclists I know are very careful and with good reason too!

42. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Oh yeah!  Just ask my insurance company and orthopedic surgeon!  smile

43. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

I think it is weird to say motorcycles aren't dangerous because it is the other person that causes they accident.  Even if that is true, accidents happen and people on motorcycles have more serious injuries and are more likely to die.  So that makes them more dangerous.  It is a matter of fact, not fault.

44. CarInsuranceq profile image58
    CarInsuranceqposted 13 years ago

I don't think that bikes are dangerous. But they are undoubtedly driven dangerously. None of the vehicles are dangerous.If becomes if it has a dangerous driver behind it's wheel.

45. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

My friend's 17-year-old son was killed on one (and I don't think there were any other drivers involved), so, naturally, I think "dangerous" (certainly for teenagers anyway). Of course, I have first-hand experience with people in a small car being killed, so I think they're dangerous too (just not as dangerous as "bikes").

46. Samual007 profile image61
    Samual007posted 13 years ago

According to me bikes are not dangerous and not safe too. motorcycles should have a good grip of tires which is very important. tires allows rider to do very fast riding. one of ma frnd broke his leg hitting a rock. its really painful for him..
    Cheap ATVs

47. Home-Bernadette profile image61
    Home-Bernadetteposted 13 years ago

It is not the motorcycles that are dangerous, it is the other drivers smile

48. louisxfourie profile image77
    louisxfourieposted 12 years ago

I have to agree with the majority on this thread say that, yes, bikes are safe as long as you don't ride like a fool and are prepared for the worst.

49. imkd profile image61
    imkdposted 12 years ago

I love bike riding and love to ride it badly. I don't think that bike riding is dangerous. It safe but believe in yourself.

50. Rain Defence profile image80
    Rain Defenceposted 12 years ago

I know motorbikes are not safe. But life's not safe, sooner or later something will kill you. I'm still going to get one as they're so much fun to ride.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)