No one likes me here

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (46 posts)
  1. LovelyThoughts profile image60
    LovelyThoughtsposted 14 years ago

Seriously I know it for a fact.  Been participating, and I am not even begging to have friends here.  Just noticed I am not loved.  Oh well, I will just keep posting to amuse myself.  All those who complain about not having enough fans, well I can beat you because I have nada.

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just met you now. How you going LT? smile

LovelyThoughtsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am cool smile.  I just think people should not worry if they don't have followers as no one follows me.  Not really active here enough I suppose.

2. Mamelody profile image60
        Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well hello nurse!! am so sick I need immediate attention!! sexy avatar there darling smile

1. blondepoet profile image66
          blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey there beautiful I am getting my medical bag as we speak. xo

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LovelyThoughts, people become your followers because they like your writing.  You've only written two Hubs and to be honest, they're not very good.

You need to do two things to gain followers - participate in the forums so other Hubbers know you exist,then have some Hubs that make them think "wow, I want to read more by this person".

1. Mamelody profile image60
        Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you on this one Marisa.. you don't have interesting hubs and you're pretty new here and rule number one about being here is.. NO SELF PITY!!

polish up your writing and interact with us here in the forum and you'll see some changes.. welcome to hub pages anyway smile

Actually there is no rule about self-pity.  My writing was never claiming to be the best, or great.  I know it is not wonderful, but heck, I can have self-pity if I like.  I would not beg for your friendship either.  I was just stating my thoughts on why fans are not important to me, but over the last couple of days I have met a few people who are cool.  None of us here are publishing books, so none of us are what I would call best sellers.  This is just a site for fun interaction for me.

2. LovelyThoughts profile image60

So you think my hubs suck, wow, do not care really.  No offense, but I was just stating my opinion about followers, and anyone who declares such stuff.  Wow, you seem like the really judgmental type.  I write for me, not for approval by you.

3. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You think a post like this is going to change things?  Self-pity isn't renowned for its friend-attracting properties.

In my own life I've always found I enjoy myself best if I don't have "making friends" as my primary objective for doing something.  I do whatever it is for the sheer challenge/pleasure of doing it, or to make money.  If I make friends along the way then that's a huge bonus.  So with joining Hub Pages my objective was to rekindle an interest in writing, to learn to write better and (lately) to try and make some £££.

Trying to do things just to be popular is just a crap idea in my book.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but there it is.

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am much the same. If I go out looking to 'make friends' I wind up making some bad friendships. Try not to worry about it and enjoy my own company and I end up with more relaxed fun friendships. I didn't realize HP was a place where I would make friends. I was just trying SEO stuff by writing an article to go to my blog, had heard there was money in blogging. I was actually blown away at having a 'fan' (I got the fanner spree when I signed up lol ). I came to the forums to learn more about hubs cause I liked being read and wanted more. Wound up finding some crazy cool peeps such as yourself big_smile

4. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why would you want to be loved 'virtualy'?
      If nobody follows , maybe you should ask yourself why ?
      Your hubs are short and not very interesting.
      People like to amuse themselves ,or learn something new.
      I don't find you amusing, nor interesting.
      I hope somebody does, to make you happy !

Self pitty in no good. You're not going to make friends this way.

5. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey there.

as Pani said, HubPages is more of a writing site than a social networking site. in your hubs, you mentioned a story that you wrote about your friend Dave. have you thought about making it into a hub? that might be interesting. also you wrote that you use public transit and a share an apartment with four other roommates. that also sounds interesting. i know you feel it is "drab", but sometimes i take the train in my town and there's all kinds of things and people that capture my interest. don't feel bad...if you want to write, then just write and not worry about being 'liked'...if you want to make friends fast, maybe sign up with a social site in addition to HubPages. things will happen, you just gotta give it time. good luck.

6. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm hated and resented here, hope that makes you feel better. smile

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(Q) I love you with an everlasting love. wink

2. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love you Q! You just go too far sometimes. You're still my brother and no amount of words can change that!smile

1. profile image54

Used cars or real estate, guys?

1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which would make you feel better about us? We'll go with what ever you choose, ok?smile

1. profile image54

Perfect. Just start thinking and that will make me feel much better. Thanks.  smile

7. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't know you? You have less than 25 posts in the forum. How would anyone from the community know who you are?

But, Welcome to HubPages.

8. aware profile image69
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

never heard of yah till now .  but now that ive noticed you i wonder why only one hub?

9. OneCuteCookie profile image60
      OneCuteCookieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I feel really bad for you, I just joined a few months ago and I don't have to many myself,but I didn't the hub pages to gain new freind's.I joined to beable to write hubs and to experince a postived goal in my life,that I accompplished with in myself.It sounds to me you join for the wrong reasons maybe.OneCutCookie

10. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This fishing expedition should really be in the sports section...

2. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

It's not that no one likes you, LovelyThoughts. HubPages isn't a social networking site, really. Yes, people make a few friends here and there, but it is mostly about writing.

I looked at both your hubs and, well, your first hub is a great topic idea. But it needs more detail, maybe some research, and a photo or two wouldn't hurt either.

Your second hub... really isn't a "hub" at all. Rather, it is a paragraph about having no followers.

Instead of making threads about how no one likes you and no one reads your hubs, try exploring the site a bit more and seeing what it's all about. It's really not a blog or a place where you add 500 people and they all add you back. This is a community where you share your love of writing and knowledge with others.

Good luck, LovelyThoughts.

3. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I am happy to get to know you. A great way is getting into the forums here, they allow people to get to know you.

4. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

don't worry hubpages is a friendly community.  It just takes take.

5. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

Hi Lovely Thoughts - it does take a while to get known on HubPages so don't despair! Write more and look at the top hubbers articles to get a good idea of how to write successful hubs. There are plenty of good people here (like blondpoet) but to find them you'll need to get more involved in the community. Join in the forums, read and comment on other people's hubs, and just keep writing.

smile

6. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

As you can see from the thoughtful comments here - many people are more than ready to encourage and engage with you - so come on now lets get writing, have some fun smile

7. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I will not rehash what so many have alredy said so well. I just wanted to let you know that you are being given some solid advice that you should consider acting upon. There are at present an estimated 120,000 people who are hubpage members. You have to participate or you will get lost in the crowd.

Even now you have 9 unanswered posts to the thread you started. It just make me wonder what you are really looking for.

8. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Does anyone else hear a woman screaming?

1. profile image54

And, I have backwoods hillbilly stalkers following me around.

9. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Yes I kinda think so!

haha

Texan, you are too much!  (In a good fun way!)

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's the plan!

10. profile image0
    moonphlowerposted 14 years ago

OMG!  I find your post kind of sad!  Give it time and I'm sure you'll see that people really aren't that "hatefull" here.  Jump in to some forum topics...that's what I do.  I only knew one person when I joined and it took me 5 weeks to post me first hub!  Now I'm kickin' butt with 8 followers!!  LMAO

smile

And Texan...you crack me up!!!!  *puts fingers in her ears to drown out the screaming*

11. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Give it time, hon. Besides, to be happy, you don't need everyone else's approval. Keep em coming...

12. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Hey Lovely! Welcome to the Hubs! Well I started with your thread "Be Ourselves". If you want instant recognition you can go on the religious site and argue with the Christians.(I'm one) I can't promise you'll make friends on the correct side, the Christian side, but there are some nice people on the liberal side that aren't real bright and I know they love your help! Good luck!smile

1. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey!!!   mad

neutral
                hmm
                smile
                big_smile
                lol

13. Mac Mission profile image60
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

hubpage family loves everybody not only for existing but also new hubbers too. why you get upset?

14. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I notice one of the hubs has disappeared...

self-promotional? or maybe empty?

1. profile image0
      Iðunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The first one was the one she left up to complain about the morals of pretty girls and the second one was a one paragraph whine about her lack of virtual and real life friends.  You guys ought to love her smile  Blurp!

15. Anolinde profile image80
    Anolindeposted 14 years ago

Well, looks like this thread worked for her .. she got herself 8 new fans in the span of a few hours!  Goes to show there are some really nice people here on HP!! smile

16. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

welcome.  glad your here.  These prior posts have many good suggestions and come from very talented Hubbers.  use them to learn from, read their work,and keep a copy of this thread for when your feeling this way again.

look forward to reading your future work, kimberly

17. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I had to give people a dollar to follow me since I can't write. Now I am broke! Careful what you ask for!   hmm

18. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 14 years ago

If I complain that no one likes me, will you guys read my hubs too?  I'd like to increase my traffic a bit.

1. Valaina profile image61
      Valainaposted 14 years ago

hahaha..

2. Internetwriter62 profile image76
      Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

hi Lovelythougts, It's not that they don't like you, it's just that in order to get noticed, you really need to write more. I don't know what your schedule is but, in order to get noticed writing a lot is essential. Other writers know you, by your hubs. So express yourself write more hubs. You'll have more follower before you know it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)