OBAMA Stimulus Creates Jobs! Yeah, ooopps.....Overseas!?!?!?!?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image66
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

According to ABC News the Barack Obama stimulus package has indeed created jobs! There have been 6,000 new jobs created. The issue is...the jobs are being created overseas!

Foreign Firms have accepted Obama Stimulus Money to create jobs.

You know what....as I think about this...I thought the American Tax dollars that became this Obama Stimulus Package was to create jobs Here...in America!

New Wind Farms in the U.S. Do Not Bring Jobs
    Wind Power Does Not Equal Job Power-ABC News

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Technology/nm_wind_turbines_100205_mn.jpg

1. HubChief profile image70
      HubChiefposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I disagree. Where I live I saw a lot of projects happening udner this new plan where US citizens and residents are working, no foreigh involvement.

Truth is that some outsourcing of projects would occur due to expertise however if you really see teh wrold is hrinking every job overseas needs consumer in U.S.. There is a full demand/supply chain involved in this process.

The markets are stablizing, GDP grew by 0.6% over last year.
      If that is not enough, give us alternative, we all want prosperity in this country.

When there is an accident, it takes time to recover, overnight recovery would be a Miracle.

Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If any company chooses to buy parts from a company overseas...fine. It is their business. The Stimulus is creating some jobs correct.

When the US Government uses Taxpayer dollars under the Stimulus Package to provide Jobs overseas...it is Not OK! That is the subject of this link.

2. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 14 years ago

Another Democratic fail. I'm really hating this stimulus package.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is there any other kind of outcome for Democrats?

I was amazed when I heard this on the evening news. I then looked it up on the internet to make sure I heard it right...and I did.

2. profile image0
        LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, they didn't exactly fail the last election, though I guess ultimately it was a fail, depends on your timespan.

1. profile image0

I would say they failed miserably, their leader is managing to bring a lot of people back to the normal way of looking at things! That wasn't what they were planning on..

3. profile image0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

Four Democratic senators aim to halt stimulus wind project

"The Obama administration and wind-energy advocates strongly disputed the criticism by Sen. Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.) and three other Democrats, saying that most of the jobs under the Energy Department program have been created in the United States, despite the dominance of foreign manufacturers in the green-technology sector."

"A spokesman for the Texas project called the senators' assumptions incorrect, saying that at least 70 percent of each turbine will be made in the United States with American steel."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 02764.html

1. profile image0

Whats wrong with the US producing 100% of the windmills with US Steel and American employees? After all its American money! Do you want 30% of the car industry shipped overseas?

1. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Due to globalization companies, especially multinationals, will operate in the most efficient manner even if that includes manufacturing products in their foreign locations.

Offshoring/outsourcing firms have gotten better and offer more benefits (including high quality at economical investments for several support and core business functions) to companies besides labor arbitrage.

Likewise, the US needs to innovate to deal with an increasing competitive global landscape... one of the messages you have heard from Obama stating that the US cannot settle for second place.

1. profile image0

You didn't answer my question, you just came up with an excuse for 30% of our jobs going to foreign countries.

We do not have to export our jobs!

1. profile image0

You will need to speak with the Texas project spokesman to find out why 30% of the jobs are created overseas since 100% US job creation may not be feasible or wait until the 4 Democrat senators who object to this find out.

1. profile image0

It wasn't the Texas project spokesman that approved of funds going overseas, if this is the work of our bureaucrats who handles the money then this goes to the top, Obama!

1. profile image0

this bureaucrat could be a Republican... although Austin is probably the only "liberal" city in Texas.

2. Robertbloggert profile image65
        Robertbloggertposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok in an attempt to interpret what Chat first said. I would say it like this what's wrong with 70% (in case you live somewhere in the middle of nowhere Texas and spend all day talking to cattle) do you not understand we live in a global community. It ain't just about us didin't your grammy teach ya about being greedy? The problem isnt with what we are exporting it's with what we aren't exporting. I mean we pay our farmers to not grow when we could supply the whole world with all kinds of needed food. And that is a win, win, win for us the government stops giving away $$ the farmers make $$ and in turn hire worker's and pay them $$ and we keep children from dying from starvation araound the world. Oh and that = more than 100% * and the Texas statement was not a dig I live in the middle of no wear Texoma nothing but cattle* but again this leads to the point I mean why do we import beef products?

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

30% isnt that all we have left?

4. Michael Willis profile image66
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

An updated link for todays report on ABC.
    http://abcnews.go.com/WN/obama-stimulus … d=10002592
    Although the report does not deny a couple of hundred jobs created in the US, China is to receive money for manufacturing parts. This money needs to go to American manufacturing plants. According to this report ABC investigated with Investigative Reporting Workshop to get their story.

Energy Department says it does create job in the US...but why more overseas?
    Not one cent of Stimulus Dollars should be allowed to go over seas. Spend ALL of it on American workers.

5. Phoenix Reborn profile image60
    Phoenix Rebornposted 14 years ago

There is nothing wrong with running a business however you have to--legally--to make a profit.  If I don't like that you outsource I won't buy your product.  It's simple. 
    However, our tax dollars funding outsourcing is a whole separate issue.
    I'd be curious to learn how many of you here are driving cars made in America.  I'd be curious to learn how many of you have TVs that were made in America or computers.

My issue is with "Stimulus Funding" being used in an attempt to "Praise this current Administration" for helping put AMERICANS to work. Here...in the US.

6. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

OBAMA Stimulus Creates Jobs! Yeah, ooopps.....Overseas!?!?!?!?

Are you serious...Can't he do at least one thing right that he says is going to help us...even the stuff which he claims is definitely going to help us...don't! Oh...yeah...Like, I'm sure everything on the Health Care Bill is going to help us then too...Yeah right!?

I was angrily shocked when I first heard this on the news yesterday.
      Hey there...how have you been?

1. manlypoetryman profile image80
        manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm Good Michael...How's it with you? This "fixin' stuff" is getting crazier and crazier !

I am good also. I know. The more I learn about the "fixin", the more I get upset over it.
          I also write on a local news site and the discussions are really heated there right now about the Government and politicians. Especially upcoming elections. We have  a U.S. Senator and several Representatives seats being challenged.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)