6 different ppl 6 different helping hand for me?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (45 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Hey guys,

I have decided to make two books of short stories...horror short stories of course lmao. I already have one done that I have to edit of course or rewrite actually but hey it's all good. A friend gave me the idea for another one.

Okay now I need help for 6 more ideas...not ideas but 6 certain items that will help me come up with my own ideas.

First book is nature reaking havok on humans (mwhahahaha) and the story I have is trees. I need 3 more nature items for the 3 other short stories.

The second book is animals reaking havok on humans (mwhahaha again lol) and the first animal was given to me by one of my best friends, the animal being ducks and need 3 more animals (not like lions or bears some animals no one would expect and not ants either they are already over done in bad Sci-Fi movies)

Anyways 6 different people 6 different items please!!!!

1. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ferrets, I hate those little guys.

1. NewYorker profile image58
        NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Komodo Dragons.

2. Has_aWayWithWords profile image64
      Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For nature I would say Hurricanes, Earthquakes, and Tornados wreak about as much havoc on humans as one can imagine.

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think it would be interesting, and a good challenge, to take something ordinary, not scary, and nice, even, and make it sinister. for example, everyone loves sunny days, right? but what if every day was sunny and mild? no rain, no snow...just day after day of sunny, mild weather. it could cause all kinds of problems.

and creatures that no one would think of as being scary, like bunnies and butterflies, and make them scary. maybe people see more butterflies and at first are delighted but then more and more come, cocoons everywhere you look, and something strange emerges from them. maybe the bunnies are irresistable, but hiding some deadly secret, that sort of thing.

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmmm...your story idea has a lot of possibilities.  maybe you can  include something involving insects too, as they've been around since even before the Jurassic period on earth.  or say something about the oceans, as humanity has yet to discover all it's creatures.  heck, we barely just found proof of whale sharks and giant squids recently.  what about cats being worshipped in acient egypt. i bet that would make for an interesting subplot. anyway, i hope that helps.  smile

2. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Animal: the giant cat-sized neighborhood squirrel that jumped out of the dumpster when I threw my trash in yesterday - scared the HELL out of me...

nature: a river that rises & falls for no reason. flooding one day, not deep enough to take your boat out the next day.
    fast currents also scare the hell out of me

smile maybe not nightmare material for the grown ups, but for me??  lol

good luck!

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sweet! that is one huge squirrel I love it! Too bad you didn't get a picture of it Jen I would love to see it hehehehehe.

thanks I love 'em both and trust me I can make them scary for other ppl. I scared the crap out of my friends with my tree one and they hike a lot hehehehe

2. classicalgeek profile image83
      classicalgeekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ugh. I hate squirrels. I vote yes, make the world see them for the monsters they are!

3. profile image0

And if you guys get on a roll and give more ideas I might be able to squeeze out more books smile But n-e-ways more ideas anyone?

Animals so far:
    Ducks
    Giant Cat-sized Suqirrel

Nature so far:
    Trees
    River

4. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

mini beavers big_smile

1. profile image0

Sweet! Love it lyrics thank you!

5. Hmrjmr1 profile image68
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

Skunks?? (With an Acid Spray) (mwhahahaha)
    Alien Sheep? That talk like Yoda (mwhahahaha)

Or how bout little tiny garden fairies that turn into....ZOMBIES!!(OOOOHH mwhahahaha)?

Hope that helps cool

6. kj8 profile image60
    kj8posted 14 years ago

Killer kangaroos - believe me they are dangerous

1. classicalgeek profile image83

Hahahaha reminds me of that episode of "Supernova" (the BBC comedy with Rob Bryson).

7. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Giant hogweed
    Seaweed
    Flowers that look pretty but something in the pollen or scent is wrong?

Sheep, usually so innocuous and scared of humans
    Owls

1. classicalgeek profile image83

"Flowers that look pretty but something in the pollen or scent is wrong?"

This was in an excellent Outer Limits episode--not only did the flowers kill people but they spread acres in a day. (And, incidentally, that's not so far-fetched if you live in the southern US and have seen kudzu grow.) The reason we're not all dead is that the rain killed them wink

Not to discourage you at all from using it, I think it's a great idea.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great minds must think alike then smile  I've never heard of Outer Limits, so wasn't working on any sort of memories of reading it.

8. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

Have you ever been camping near water and those little tiny gnats come out in swarms at dusk?

9. classicalgeek profile image83
    classicalgeekposted 14 years ago

Animals--I once wrote a horror story about my elderly, arthritic cat. He would stare at a particular corner all day, and suddenly pounce at nothing at all in that corner.

River--a friend once wrote a story about a river that was taking a human "sacrifice" (read boating/swimming accident) every year from this village in India. Now imagine if the river were actually sentient. Now imagine if every feature in the landscape were sentient. And malevolent. (Ok, now I'm afraid of my houseplants. I've neglected them in the past and they might just be resentful.)

Nature--rain, clouds, fog (never mind that that one's been done, do it differently), cold, heat, sunshine, snow, wind.

Animals--the aforementioned squirrels, fleas, parrots, hummingbirds, lizards (the kind you keep as pets), beetles.

And I have a new category for you--household objects. I won't detail this one because I'll wind up being afraid my mp3 player is plotting with my Blackberry to insert subliminal messages into my playlist.

10. profile image0

thanks for all of the great ideas guys. I have written them down and will see which ones work and which ones don't.

and WriteAngeled you and I thought a like for the flower on too LMAO We're good.

And I totally forgot that was an Outer Limits episode classicalgeek. SWEET! I love Outer Limits!

N-e-ways thanks guys

And if anyone else wants to put in their two sense go ahaed I can always write more books smile And I love hearing from you guys. smile

11. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Nature: Air
    Animal: Microscopic animals that invade the body

12. profile image0

Thanks Prometheus

Oh and for others if you get any ideas for stories for yourselves, by all means run with it! I am not here just help myself but to help other writers as well to hopefully spark interest to write on any topic. smile

13. Christopher Floyd profile image61
    Christopher Floydposted 14 years ago

I have two:

Falling leaves.

and

Hummingbirds.

Falling leaves I could do, but if you can make hummingbirds scary you're onto something.

14. profile image0

good ones Chris thanks...I'll do my best with hummingbirds. I kind of have an idea where to go with that one...but I need to actually write it out a bit to see if it'll work. and I think I can do falling leaves too.

Oh hey welcome to hubpages by the way!

15. Luciendasky profile image61
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

hey CW - how about fluffy little bunnies - jk - miss you guys - I am busy busy busy - ttyl

1. profile image0

sad I miss chatting with you Lucie hurry up and get UNBUSY! lol

16. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Tornado's, Hurricane's, Tsunami's

1. profile image0

I would but those ones are so over done it's not funny. I want natural aspects no one suspects big_smile I'm cruel like that lol

1. profile image59
        logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dark Matter!

1. profile image0

hmmmm....that is an interesting one and not overdone...I'll write it in my list big_smile

17. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Animal: Platypus

Nature: Eclipse

1. profile image0

nice suggestions. I guess I'm going to have to write more than one book on each topic. lol sweet you guys are making it a challenge for me that I can't wait to get started on...hopefully soon after I get the editing of my other story done. I love writing horror and you guys have so many great ideas

I hope I'm not the only one getting ideas for stories smile

18. profile image0

I'm enjoying these ideas...anyone else have any more? smile

19. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Animal: Tree frog

Nature: rainbow

1. profile image0

oooo a killer rainbow how creepy. Not going to visit Hawaii again lol nice

20. profile image0

ooo you should write your own short stories cosette! I think it would be a fun challenge for anyone. I say go for it big_smile

21. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

haha i already have several i have been keeping on the back burner. you're on a roll, it sounds like. cool! big_smile

22. profile image0

thanks! I have to put this on the back burner for now but it is definitely something I want to make into books. big_smile

23. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

smile sounds great. i wish you every success.

24. profile image0

thanks Cosette. I hope they turn out just right, just scary enough to not give ppl nightmares but still lol

25. profile image0

So here is the list as it stands for my several books on natreu and animals going beserk on humans:

Nature:
    1st book:
    Trees
    River
    Seaweed
    Giant hogweed

2nd book:
    Flowers
    Rain
    Clouds
    Snow
    3rd book:

Wind
    Could
    Heat
    Air

4th book:
    Falling leaves
    Eclipse
    Rainbow
    Northern lights

26. profile image0

Animals: (going to put insects together, birds, etc but this is the list I have written out)

1st book:
    Ducks
    Giant cat-sized squirrel
    Mini beavers
    Skunks

2nd book:
    Kangaroos
    Sheep
    Owls
    Ferrets

3rd book:
    Tiny gnats
    Parrots
    Humming birds
    Butterflies

4th book
    Bunnies
    Platypus
    Lizards
    Ladybugs

27. profile image0

I did tell Cagsil this already but if I can get this books going and accepted by an agent and published I am going to dedicate these to you the hubbers to show my appreciation for all of the help and support you have shown me. And yes I mean all hubbers even though who are new and those who could care less about me and the hubstaff too. smile

28. Lynda Gary profile image61
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

A few more cents to add to the piggy bank:

Nature:
    dirt  (a dirt path through an evergreen forest, perhaps?)
    a field of [soybeans, clover, etc.]
    bare trees, after they lose their leaves in the fall

Think of what S. King did with fog! for example.

Animals:
    something domestic, that little kids all have
    all the reptiles in a pet store
    ants

You probably already know this, but to be succesful with your idea, each of your short stories will have to be original and unique.  Avoid the temptation to follow a format where the story is basically the same but just the object changes.  Otherwise, each story will be too predictable.  It will be a hard sell.  Publishers who put their money on these type of anthologies usually want stories that have independently been published (like, in a magazine) and that have received critical acclaim.

I'd be happy to review something for you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)