Humor

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (47 posts)
  1. De Greek profile image76
    De Greekposted 14 years ago

Is there a forum where hubbers can interact with others on humorous subjects, and ask for comments about the quality of humorous pieces already written,  please?

1. Merlin Fraser profile image59
      Merlin Fraserposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love humour, I use it all the time to soften the sting in the tail;  trouble is you can only use humour where you know the other guy is going to appriciate it.

I have discovered that on the Internet and in sites like this there are an awful lot of people who  a) Don't have a sense of humour.  And b) take a lot of things said in jest personally !

Me; I'm pretty thick skinned and tend to give as good as I get; but I do get some stick for my evil sense of humour.

But if you want a humourous Hub count me in.

1. calpol25 profile image59
        calpol25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you and me both, but i always speak my mind and use humor it cools a situation down lol

2. De Greek profile image76
        De Greekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I shall have a look at your site if I may and hopefully you will have a look at mine and perhaps we can help each other by commenting on each other's work :-)

3. sunflowerbucky profile image61
        sunflowerbuckyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, it's difficult to convey humor on the internet.  It's really easy for people to misinterpret sarcasm for being an ass.  I get that a lot.  Maybe I just really am an ass and only think I'm funny.  Who knows?

2. Abe Normal profile image61
      Abe Normalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

You may be right, but why not investigate before we pass judgment :-)

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. De Greek profile image76

Further to my previous post, I want to aks those intersted in humorous posts whether we can actually start one here. :-)

3. De Greek profile image76

Meaning of course that we show each other our work and provide helpful criticism for each other's work

4. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 14 years ago

I dont think there is one but it would be a good idea if they made one lol

5. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Yes we do need more humor here..I would welcome it!!

1. profile image0
      Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

StormRyder, some of the comments in the political forums are humorous. I get a few laughs from time to time.

6. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

some of the comments in all the forums are humorous

Now that is true lol

7. De Greek profile image76

What if we her, who are interested in humor, got together and took it further? What if we agree to criticise each others work, inorder to improve it?

Am I being extreme? :-)

your not being extreme smile

The best thing about writing is that we get critics because they tell us if were wrong or right, it might not be what we want to hear but it helps us in other ways such as topics to avoid or research more lol

I personally welcome all input . It is my choice to accept criticism or not, though if it too harsh I tend to cry myself to sleep... :-))

i just laugh it off and write some more lol smile critics dont bother me any more lol

Naaturally I was joking when I said that about crying  ... :-))

I write mainly for myself, but if someone says soemthing nice about it, it is always pleasant.

Let's hope others will be intersted in this as well, so that we can get something intersting going here :-))

I am right with you here its a good idea!! smile

8. De Greek profile image76

What  if we "HERE" I mean. I am dyslexic :-)

9. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I find this pic humorous  - I mean humurus!

10. TNmoonshine profile image60
    TNmoonshineposted 14 years ago

check out hub .. "Everybody in the South, just can't be called Bubba"

11. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Help me out tonight, guys...I could really use some laughs...Do you guys have any up your sleeves??

12. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

A completely inebriated man was stumbling down the street with one foot on the curb and one foot in the gutter. A cop pulled up and said, "I've got to take you in, pal. You're obviously drunk."

Our wasted friend asked, "Officer, are ya absolutely sure I'm drunk?"

"Yeah, buddy, I'm sure," said the copper. "Let's go."

Breathing a sigh of relief, the wino said, "Thank goodness, I thought I was crippled

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hehehe...that's a good one! Thanks, Hokey. smile

1. Hokey profile image59
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome!  smile

2. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

13. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

So one day God goes up to Adam and says," I have something perfect for you...but it will cost you an arm and a leg."

Adam thinks for a minute and says, "What can I get for a rib?"

big_smile

1. Faybe Bay profile image65

lol lol lol

14. Faybe Bay profile image65
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.

George Phillips, an elderly man, from Meridian, Mississippi, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"
    He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

George said, "Okay."

He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot and killed them both, the dogs are eating them right now." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
    George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

(True Story) I LOVE IT! Don't mess with old people.

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that's funny! lol lol lol

15. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Ten Ways to Piss off a Pagan:

10. Ask them if they are Satan worshipers.
    9. Be considerate, rearrange their altar so it looks neat.
    8. Blow out their altar candle if it is daylight and say, "No need to waste a good candle!"
    7. Pick up their gems for a closer look.
    6. Witness to them about the "true religion."
    5. Sharpen their dull black-handled knife.
    4. Untie the knots in their cord.
    3. Take hold of their jewelry for a closer look.
    2. Play card games with their tarot cards.
    1. Ask them if they are Satan worshipers.

I just found this, thought it was funny. big_smile

lol lol I see at least two probably happened to you already! lol lol

1. profile image0

lol I've had numbers 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 3, 2, and 1 happen to me. That's what made the list funny to me, I guess big_smile

Oh I have been accused of so many things. I don't have an alter, but my kids visited and rearranged my whole kitchen. Does that count? I can't reach anything. I am the shortest in the family. And the only one who uses the kitchen.

1. profile image0

A kitchen definitely counts as an altar. You could be considered a "Kitchen Witch" if your kitchen is your altar.

People rearranging my kitchen would make me a tad upset too lol

My boss told me to wait twenty years and then move in with my kids, rearrange all their stuff and act like I don't remember doing it. lol

1. profile image0

Now THAT is funny, going to have to remember that if I ever have kids lol

Yeah, what are they gonna do, they'll be worried I am senile, and I get the last laugh. lol

1. profile image0

Always good to have the last laugh big_smile

Signs You May Be a Military Pagan:

Your magickal tools are all listed in Jane's.

You use a flame-thrower to light the altar candles.

Your athame has a bayonet attachment to fit on your M-16.

Your robe is made of camouflage material.

Your cakes & wine come from MRE's.

Your book of shadows contains plans on defusing bombs, poison antidotes and basic survival techniques.

Your circle is marked by barb-wire.

Your military command starts off Okay Witches. I want you to cast a circle of protection around us. We're going in!

You have to ride an ATV or HumVee to get to the Covenstead.

You use an artillery shell casing for your God symbol.

You take down a tent to move the Covenstead.

Your familiar is either a Doberman, Rotweiller or German Shepherd.

You use a hubcap for a scrying dish.

You use teargas to smudge when doing banishings.

Your goddess symbol is Tank Girl.

First degree training includes Ninjitsu or other forms of martial arts.

Your magickal name is Spike, Slash, Ripcord, Hawkeye, Bubba, or anything that ends with 'ster'.

You use machine gun fire to cast your circle.

Instead of using an acorn or pine cone, you use a hand grenade for a God symbol (if there isn't an artillery shell available).

You use a compass for a divination tool.

You use a bullet on a string for a pendulum.

You call your High Priest "Commander", and your High Priestess "General".

Instead of "So mote it be", you say "Ma'am! Yes, Ma'am!"

You post sentries at the four quarters.

The Guardian of the four Quarters are armed with Barrett M82A1 .50 caliber machine guns.

A certain nameless ex-Congressman from Georgia attacked your religious rights.

16. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Mistyhorizon and Blondepoet have some absolutely hilarious hubs!

1. sunflowerbucky profile image61
      sunflowerbuckyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Will check them out!

17. jaimiee profile image60
    jaimieeposted 14 years ago

Great to have some laughs for the boring day.

18. Falsor Wing profile image61
    Falsor Wingposted 14 years ago

Humor I has humor I loves teh humor. I do stand up comedy. It's funny because for me novelist was the more economically sound career goal from among my interests.

So I read stuff, you read stuff, lulz for all?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)