LOVE

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (72 posts)
  1. Davidsonofjesie profile image60
    Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years ago

Love suffers long and is kind;love does not envy;love does not parade itself,is not puffed up;does not behave rudely,does not seek its own,is not provoked,thinks no evil;does not rejoice in iniquity,but rejoices in truth;bears all things,believes all things,endures all things.Love never fails.Therefore Love the LORD with all your heart ,with all your soul,and with all your mind.And Love your neighbor as yourself.For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son,that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.For GOD did not send his son into the world to condemn the world,but that the world through him might be saved.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I don't believe any god sent his son anywhere, the whole pathetic hateful tome you got your beliefs from is a crock! smile

Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

someone forgot there anti hateful pills,how about some love earnest!!!

1. donotfear profile image83
          donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love this...!!! lol Way to go David....

2. h.a.borcich profile image60
          h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL on the anti hateful pills smile

I sure think we would all be better off if more people took Corinthians to heart. Less broken marriages and vows, less selfishness. More care of people. More eyes on the bigger picture. Thanks for the reminder smile Holly

Love suffers long and is kind;love does not envy;love does not parade itself,is not puffed up;does not behave rudely,does not seek its own,is not provoked,thinks no evil;does not rejoice in iniquity,but rejoices in truth;bears all things,believes all things,endures all things.Love never fails.Therefore Love the LORD with all your heart ,with all your soul,and with all your mind.And Love your neighbor as yourself.For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son,that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.For GOD did not send his son into the world to condemn the world,but that the world through him might be saved.

3. earnestshub profile image81

I told you, I don't do hate, that is a religious speciality. smile

Here is a fine example of hate and intolerance.

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live.  (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Sweet and gentle, kind and loving religion?

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image71
            LeslieAdrienneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ernesthub

You are a very intelligent man  and for you to say that you do not hate is beneath your intelligence. Hate is a harsh word, but there is some hate in all of us......

As bad as you talk about the fundies, you cannot convince anyone that you don't hate them. You may say you hate their (our) beliefs, but you darn sure talk to us like you hate us....what are we supposed to assume from the nature of some of your comments?....that you Love us?

Please, enlighten me......

OK, I can enlighten you on that. Like I said, I don't do hate.
              I hate no one. If you needed help, I would be the first to offer it, do it every day of my life.

I dislike hate as an emotion as it is useless. I do not accept your beliefs, I do not like your hate filled tome, I do not agree with religion.
              The world is a mirror. You are seeing your hate and reflecting it on others. Not psychologically wise and does damage to self at least. smile

2. donotfear profile image83

Exactly what I was thinking.

Read above post. smile

2. coletta7 profile image60
            coletta7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear Earnestshub, there has to be some form of punishment or correction for crime. Our land in which we reside is built upon the law that God first laid down. This is why we have correctional facilities and sometimes even death penalties for breaking certain laws. Because the lord knew if we did not fear breaking the law there would be total(caos) meaning there would be no order as we know it. Order begets peace", which is for the most part what we have the privaledge to enjoy living in the US! Without these laws we would be totally barbaric"

1. getitrite profile image72
              getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious?  Do you think these are good examples of justice?  Your God is full of hate then, and deserves all the scorn that he receives from nonbelievers.  It is not that we should live in a lawless society, but the laws should be JUST and sensible.  These laws are babaric!!!

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image71

Davidsonofjesie

Way to give the Word!!!!!   Straight and to the point, let the chips fall where  they may..... big_smile big_smile big_smile

Yes! Lets do that.

"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD.  "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die.  I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD.  "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship.  I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear.  For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars.  They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too.  So now I will destroy them!  And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do.  They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings."   (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)

1. qwark profile image61
          qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

SO SAYETH THE LORD ALMIGHTY! AMEN AND AMEN!

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image71

Ernesthub

Have you ever read anything but the warring scriptures in the Old Testament? It is obvious that you know something about the history of the Israelites, but do you know anything about God?   smile

1. donotfear profile image83

Here we go again....................roll

2 years bible study in English Greek and Hebrew, a religionist upbringing, and yes I know the bible pretty well. smile

Blessed is he who is not offended because of me,for the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are preishing,but to those of us who are being saved it is the POWER OF GOD.IT is written I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise?Where is the disputer of this age?Has not GOD made foolish the wisdom of this world?for since ,in the wisdom of GOD,the world through wisdom did not know GOD

Rhubarb! Your tiny little psychotic god couldn't get a pie in the face in a pie fight! lol

3. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

He is the creator of all things,he made us in his image,and dont want us on our knees for a piece of stone or wood !!!

Straight from your good book! lol

if your going to tell a story tell the whole story and not yours!!!

Not my story.
                I didn't write the bible, a bunch of psychotic sexist goat herders did. smile

feel so sorry for all that knowledge and no wisdom to use it with

I find it amusing that you found your beliefs without the only source of them! lol

2. Hokey profile image59
            Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So he must have given you your hub score.  neutral

what score got to do with it,hay that sounds like a song I heard!!!lol

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my religious sister had that read at her wedding. it was really pretty...

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Thanks. The Corinthian letter is very good advice.
    I have a hub on how my Dad followed that outline-- though he was not 'religious' in the usual sense.

3. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

This is how I love, Buddha-style:
    impartial to all, free from excessive attachment or false hope and expectation;
    accepting, tolerant, and forgiving

and yet you try to make fun of a hubbers score!hum

4. profile image53
    probafixposted 14 years ago

LOVE!!LOVE!!LOVE!!

5. terrowhite profile image58
    terrowhiteposted 14 years ago

Love never fails!! So true.. but there is no love without pain!

6. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

Firstly, alot of the scriptures are metaphysical, not literal. And when I have read what a theologian has translated, it is vastly different than what I have thought the meaning of passages to mean.

I am not a biblical believer. I do love and respect true faith and spirit.

On a lighter note, at home we have what we call a portuguese inquisition. It is the opposite of the spanish inquisition. The women are the revered priestesses and the men are on trial...

Beyond all of this is love.. LOVE heals all and can mend what religion and politics distort.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do the men get spankings when they have been  bad  boys?

lol

7. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

What a pitiful display of dogmatic dog droppings, and the OP protecting his 'words' with weakness and poor taste.  Come back Sir Dent, now there is a fighting man !!!

8. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Why do these relentless posts continue? It's always the same thing.

they love attacking truth

Truth. ..... an interesting concept biblically speaking!

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours.  (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

How is the mountain moving going? lol lol lol

I move moutains all the time

I think you are mistaking bowel movement for mountain movement. smile

you have no faith or understanding

You have that the wrong way around. I have understanding, therefore no belief in the impossible tooth fairy. smile

if your not of GOD you cannot understand the things of GOD,and most people attack the thing they cant understand

Really? So if I attack poverty, lies or hateful religious nonsense that means I don't understand it?
                    How does that work?

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Truth? Yeah, right. hmm

9. coletta7 profile image60
    coletta7posted 14 years ago

So much love is in the air! Bless those that curse you."

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I think it ironic that the beginning of the thread seems to be about Love.
      I believe in my Bible it says something like Love is Patient and Kind, longsuffering, not envious, oh and not proud or boastful. There is too something about not Sounding as a Symbol. (or brass depending on the interpretation.)

10. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

The funny thing about these threads is that no matter how often or how many ways you try to explain to the believers they all immediately jump to they are being attacked personally.

Which leads me to wonder if they all believe they are God?

I have seen many non believers try to explain the inconsistencies and such in religion and I have seen some very creative language used when referring to God but I do not usually see the non believers attacking other Hubbers.

I have e-mailed the OP. I felt it was my duty. One hub in three months, one criticism from a Christian who told him how to edit his hub, and one other comment. He has not replied to either comment, and not edited his hub either, but insists on coming in here, posting love and then bashing anyone who gets in his way. It is sad.

2. tantrum profile image62
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They must believe they are !
      They believe they've been created as God's image.
      I don't know why ?! yikes

Imagine a God like us !lol

Tantrum... I have tried to imagine a God anything like me... Or any of my Husbands! lol lol lol

On a lighter note, maybe it was just the first Hermaphrodite, as Adam was both male and Female and Perfect in the day He was created, maybe that was the image of God. big_smile (Not my theory, no one stone me, it's from the Kabballah, which is older than the Bible)

1. tantrum profile image62

That, if you believe in fairy tales, which I don't ! big_smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

The god I see described is jealous, petty, neurotic and likes nothing better than a spot of mass murder. Even humans are not generally that bad!

Worship me or die? From a god? Any wonder people attack this idea of a god, it sounds like a right basket-case! lol

1. tantrum profile image62

But when humans are bad, they're terrible. So maybe God's like that: a terrible God !
          It shows in the Bible, and in some believers' attitude as well.

lol

And yet not one comment about the Hermaphrodite part? And I was worried, wait till the Christians get back, I am probably dead meat. lol

smile Nah, they will get their knickers in a knot, but really, it matters little. Happens all the time! lol

I love the whole hermaphrodite theory, because the Hassidics have used this to explain homosexuality as a normal progression, due to the splitting of this dual sexed ancestor. It is a pretty cool theory, and being Kabbalah, they admit it is a theory.

11. profile image53
    probafixposted 14 years ago

I love HUB...

12. terrowhite profile image58
    terrowhiteposted 14 years ago

good one!

13. Snowdianna profile image61
    Snowdiannaposted 14 years ago

Love is not what we say, but counts more on what we do

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)