Chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth says Devil is in the Vatican

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (68 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

Do you believe in exorcisms or that people can be possessed by demons and the devil?

After reading a few hubs about paranormal behavior and watching Paranormal Activity for the first time; I thought of the first time I watched the Exorcist when I was 7 years old and became quite interested in exorcisms.

From my research on occasions for the past several years, exorcists state that when people are possessed by demons and/or the devil they become extremely strong, can speak multiple languages, and can spit up various objects such as nails, pieces of glass, finger-length pieces of iron, and rose petals.

Below is a link to an article I read yesterday about the Vatican chief exorcist who believes the devil has infiltrated the Vatican church. He also talks a little about possessed people. His favorite movie of all-time is the Exorcist and he stated that it is similar to real-life exorcisms but in an exaggerated fashion.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen … 056689.ece

Also below is a video for part of a "real life exorcism." Starts at 2:20 of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8oJqpwZz4

Also is a link to some brief audio for the exorcism of Anneliese Michel who several people afterwards believed was not possessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n9vK0_mdk

So what do you think?

1. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I found and listned to of this along time ago, it was very disturbing to me....I can't listen to it again , some people know why...I'll just leave it at that.

1. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes indeed. I understand, it's very disturbing.

However, the first exorcism video is of an Italian girl. It is not that bad since the girl just screams and shouts out a few insults before answering the question, does the devil exist?

She or the demon/devil states something similar to this: "Yes I exist everywhere from evil, wars, and so on."

2. profile image55
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Insanity starts at the Vatican.

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i had a dog that did that yikes wink

and no i don't believe in demonic possession.

4. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
      LeslieAdrienneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, demon possession is real....

2. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

what I think ???

This
    lol lol lol

3. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

The vatican is the devil. Just what I think.

4. profile image0
    Jared in Vegasposted 14 years ago

That's not a very nice thing to call the pope.

1. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll

5. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

The Devil: Everywhere you want to go.

The Vatican is an especially pleasant place to visit the Devil. So are the religion forums.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I concur! smile

6. profile image0

Nice. I am not Catholic but think that people can get possessed by the devil or demons.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

possession is nine-tenths of the law (...of sin & death that is).

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

well, it seems to me that if demonic possession were realistic, there would be some sort of legal defense on the books for crimes people commit while possessed, sort of like the insanity clause, only it would be called 'not guilty by reason of demonic possession'. interesting topic though...

1. profile image0

From what I read and I'm not an expert, so called experts have stated that people who are possessed prefer to live alone, not around other people, and often harm themselves to a point that can result in death.

They stated that the people who tend to get possessed or the ones who invite the evil spirits via witchcraft, Ouija boards, devil worshipers, drug addicts, people who are depressed from a traumatic event or who is just really angry or hateful because of something, and so on.

I met a Protestant priest at a large church event (I'm not a Protestant) years ago and I asked him if he ever witnessed exorcisms. He stated yes he did in the NY area. I asked if I can witness one and he stated no because the evil spirit could enter me during the process. Likewise, they only wanted trained professionals around during these events.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes !! you should take care !! lol lol

1. profile image0

What did you think of the YouTube videos? They have a longer audio version for Anneliese Michel which eventually led to the movie loosely based on the Anneliese exorcism, the Exorcism of Emily Rose.

1. tantrum profile image61
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it's all hysterics. lol

1. profile image0

Did you watch and listen to the entire videos?

2. profile image0

yikes

so, these dark spirits are just sort of hovering about waiting to get inside people? don't they get bored doing that? why do they possess people? i mean if i was going to take over someone's body, i would do all kinds of stuff i couldn't get blamed for like kill someone i hated or rob a bunch of banks or something...

1. profile image0

For people to do evil things and convince others to do the same. Like the Vatican exorcist mentioned, the devil can remain hidden in a person and do not show himself like he does in some people who are eventual participants in exorcisms.

1. profile image0

hmm

then i would think they would possess very powerful people, like the President or the President of the Russian Federation, then make them start WWIII. i mean, if i were Satan commandeering an army of demons to make people do evil things, that makes sense...

1. AEvans profile image71
              AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. profile image0

This Vatican priest believed that Hitler and Stalin were possessed by the Devil.

"In the past he has suggested that Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin were possessed by the Devil. He was among Vatican officials who warned that J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels made a "false distinction between black and white magic".

Or the Devil can hide in religious priests and so on and influence people this way as well. Sort of what this Vatican priest is mentioning in the article. He believes that some of the bishops are linked to the demon.

1. profile image55

Just curious, I'm wondering if you actually don't think those clowns at the Vatican are insane?

3. TheGlassSpider profile image64
              TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, IF they exist, I think that's exactly what they would do. Hence this priest letting us know that the devil is in the Vatican. wink

ETA: BTW, strangely enough--WWIII is exactly where *I think* we're heading. wink

1. profile image0

Or also in cult leaders like David Koresh.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64

IF demons exist, they have no need for human money..and they hate all people. Going on a killing spree IS reported to be possible, and supposed "possessions" can often result in the death of the possessed. Supposedly they ARE bored and rather angry, and this is a way of screwing around. Remember--according to the story, they're STUCK here.

Of course, I don't know what the heck's going on with it...I just think it's a fascinating subject.

3. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Trained professionals? lol Don't you mean loonies?

4. profile image55

Experts in what?

So, you don't think that's utterly ridiculous?

Or most likely, just like the snakeoil salesman doesn't want you to see what's really going on behind the curtain.

Trained professionals? Charlatans and hoaxers, you mean.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually they had laws like those on the books way back when... somewhere in Salem I believe...   wink

8. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Well, OF COURSE Satan is in the Vatican lol I'm just surprised someone had the guts to say it! lol He's been there from the beginning!! hahaha

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been saying it since I got here....
      Makes the christians mad ....
      .....And then I make the other side mad cause I say "The bible says so.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Well, God, the Bible, and religion (particularly Catholicism) have all gotten tied up in a knot. Some people find it difficult to accept that each one of them is, indeed, a different thing from the others. It leads to a lot of confusion and unnecessary assumptions. In my humble opinion. smile

I suspect we share similar opinions on the reality of religion in the world today.

A lot of people think that, till they get to know me.

I kinda agree with everyone .. but then ???  there's always something that I'm always a little off track with.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Hm. I certainly don't agree with everyone. hmm Some things either are or are not, in my experience.

However, if you agree that Satan's been in the Vatican from the beginning, then you know what the Vatican is, and we agree...at least on that.

If you believe that vatican city is... then all ya gotta do is to figure backwards with a timeline of a day = a year and see where you arrive at in time.

Try it with a day  approx 1.3 days or a week = 9.1 to 9.2 years  and see where ya end up at.
                 One of my hubs explain how I come to that equation.
              Or ask me?

Any way I certainly do agree about vatican city.

2. Jerami profile image58

I posted a minute ago and when I try to get on this page it does not exist 
                doing this to see if I get this page back back

2. Pandoras Box profile image59
            Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too. Everyone's got a little piece of wisdom.

9. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

big_smile smile

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The good Father Gabriele Amorth should be in a padded cell. smile

1. profile image0

What do you think of the YouTube video by ABC 20/20 of this American family?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5O2jS3P64

11. Alya rose profile image60
    Alya roseposted 14 years ago

I agree.In historical mythology demons were bringers of light and guidance until people need to scare others to behave.

12. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Give the Devil a gun and he can do nothing with it him self. Give him a person and he can do lots of harm.

13. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

Interesting comment, I work with energy a fair bit and sensed a vibration when I read what you wrote. A lot of religion can project good and evil, angelic and demonic.. yet I sensed that there is a vibration there that is bringing up alot from various eras.

I am not catholic and respect and honour those who really do hold a genuine faith and spirit. I find the catholic church a bit of a double edged sword at times. I prefer to believe in faith and spirit and love and peace and kindness.

And I do thank those who really do work with the love of christ as I have had moments when I have felt genuinely cleared of negativity or mean thoughts towards others.

So do I believe in exorcism - I think in some contexts I do. There are times when I have felt threatened physically and mentally and have used prayer to get through. I like it when I remember to pray when things are good. To thank and be grateful.

Is the devil in the Vatican? Is it a reflection of current thinking and living?

14. profile image0

Does it seems scary that the sounds and screams from these three "possessed" people are somewhat similar?

15. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty seeing the posts on this thread?

16. tantrum profile image61

It is possessed !!

17. tantrum profile image61

Possessed! possessed !!
    lol

18. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Grrr... I don't know what's going on, but I cannot see any posts on this thread after mine that says "I don't agree with everyone." Perhaps it will be straightened out later. sad

1. profile image0

I can see all of the posts TheGlassSpider. Did you watch all three videos?

19. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Satan isn't at the Vatican...he's in Vegas!  smile

20. tantrum profile image61

I only can see the posts trough black magic ! big_smile

21. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I'm going to post again and see if I can get on 2nd page 
    says it don't exist I can't get on this page?? maybe tomorrow...

1. profile image0

I'm still on the first page. Let's see if this gets to the second page.

22. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

Well, most people anyway.

23. Pandoras Box profile image59

Okay the truth is that I'm just posting little nonsenses to get the thread to turn to the third page to see if that solves the problem some people have reported on this thread or just makes the problem worse.

(Psss - I think it's a vatican conspiracy.)

1. profile image0

Maybe these pictures can help.

http://billsmovieemporium.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/the-exorcist.jpg

http://www.the-exorcist.co.uk/pictures/pics/exorcist.jpg

You know Roman Catholics are not the only ones who participate in Exorcisms.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True. Ninth-rate movies do too! lol

24. Jerami profile image58

Yea ..... I once was blind and now I see.

25. Pandoras Box profile image59

This should be post number 61, but it will say only 45 posts after I post it.

26. Jerami profile image58

I know everyone has heard this before

" ITS   BACK"

27. profile image0

Here is another interesting video titled "Exorcism of Demons is Alive and Well in Rome!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkbL4xpzuk

Video is provided by the Christian Broadcasting Network and at the end the guy talked about a lady who started slithering on the floor of a church and sticking her tongue in and out like a snake. Likewise, an exorcism was performed on her.

28. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

"Chief exorcist" really says it all! lol lol lol

29. Jerami profile image58

hello

30. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

I was trying to be tactful in my answer so as not to upset anyones religious beliefs. Do I believe exorcisms can work.. yes. Do I think demonology can be a creation of the church... and beliefs.. yes.
    Do I believe in Satan? Umm not so sure,

Have I ever experienced spirits, entities or beings present? yes.

Have I seen people described as mentally ill affected by spirits, thoughtforms or events? yes...

So, my answer is in faith. To experience, to learn and to ask for guidance. Send love not hate and learn..

Have I felt energetically or percieved things of beauty and higher consciousness that I cannot explain in the 3 dimensional relm? Yes.

31. lilly_dens profile image40
    lilly_densposted 14 years ago

wow that's a serious accusation to the Vatican from a priest that's also part of the foundation. But maybe there is some truth about what he said, the devil makes no exception on who he wants to use to gain what he wants.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)