The Spirit of Deceit

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (91 posts)
  1. Davidsonofjesie profile image60
    Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years ago

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit,according to the tradition of men,according to the basic principles of the world,and not according to Christ.There has been alot of scientific talk about prove this and prove that,and they have no proof of anything.All that they are teaching has been given to them by the fallen angles!Attacking the church at every chance.Let no man cheat you of your reward,taking delight in false humility and worship of angles,intruding into those things which he has not seen,vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,and not holding fast to the head,from whom all the body,nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments,grows with the increase that is from GOD.If then you were raised with Christ,seek those things which are above,where Christ is,sitting at the right hand of GOD.Set your mind on things above,and not on the things on the earth.For you died,and your life is hidden with Christ in GOD.When Christ who is our life appears,then you also will appear with Him in glory.

1. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol The church is it's own enemy, it attacks itself. Others just point it out on observation.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen David!

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ANGLE-noun--Geometry. the space within two lines or three or more planes diverging from a common point, or within two planes diverging from a common line.

Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry getitrite,dont know what your getting at

1. getitrite profile image71

Are you a writer?  I was merely pointing out that you used the word angle where you obviously meant angel.  Maybe a typo, I presume?  You are a writer, aren't you?

no I am not writer

1. profile image0
              JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then why are you on hubpages? What you're doing is called spamming.

I never read anywhere that says I have to be a writer,on the lighter side of things I build the schools that our children go to !!!

4. brianzen profile image59
      brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you would like  to consider philosophy as a means to better understand ones self in relation to God, this requires contemplation and leads us to better understand the many roads that we travel through life or as you may have heard it "God sets us on the road to meet him" Try to learn from the writing, do not just assume it contradicts your own beliefs. That just makes others want less to do with your views, be the ambassador of your views, not the ambassador of judgement, judge not lest ye be judged, and by such judgements shall ye be judged?

5. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus' words to the pharisees; Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

6. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice smile

2. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

How do you guys view the field of psychology/psychiatry from a Christian perspective?  Do you consider it philosophy, of a sort? I work in the field of psychology/mental health, devotedly, and apply my beiefs through my work. As a Christian I find a greater strength to reach out with compassion to those suffering from mental illness. We don't want to exclude psychiatry as another form of treating illnesses. You guys are bold....good trait.

Jesus is counselor why should'nt you be?

1. donotfear profile image84
        donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely! Thank you! Occasionally, I find a group or individual who is a 'Christian' that has a high level of criticism for the field of psychiatry. To me, that is deceit. How many times I've heard the phrase 'If you'd just trust God he'd take care of it'.  I want to smack these guys in the face! The reason being that it is demeaning and non-compassionate. The majority DO trust Him. I remember when I suffered from severe depression I was told many things that damaged me more; some members of my own church!
        for instance:
        'You don't trust God'. 
        'This is the result of your sin'.
        'You're reaping what you sowed'.
        'Don't feel that way...'
        'Are you reading your Bible daily?'
        This is the type thing that give Christians a bad reputation. But the good news is, there's folks like this in EVERY walk of life, not just Christianity. Non-compassion fuels deceit.

if the LORD gave you the gift of help,should you not help?

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

If you were asking me too,

I believe God works sometimes through the knowledge and skill and compassion of psychiatrists and psychologists and counselors just like He works through medical doctors/surgeons/other physicians.

Science and Faith don't always have to be separate;  although actually I believe "science" will fail without a measure of Faith!   Hope that makes sense...

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

forgive the question but it is sincere. i just wonder why God only works "sometimes" but not in all cases. i mean, why is one person's life worth more than another's? why bother saving one person but allowing another to die?

1. profile image0

God is the Author of creation, whether it's things or humans,  the giver and taker of Life itself.    He can instantly heal someone, or He can work through the hands of doctors, etc.....
        I dunno why He chooses to do things the way He does!   But it's always for some purpose.   The Bible says we were created for His pleasure!   In anything,  His glory will be shown ultimately,  whether it's judgement or mercy.

God said it.
          I believe it.
          That settles it!

A-MAN

Ignorance is dangerous!

lol

2. profile image0

hmm. that is interesting.

when i was little, we were really poor. and we went to church and everything. i was a really good kid. and i prayed a lot. even so, my life was garbage. anyway, i remember this one little blonde girl at catechism...she was really rich and really nasty. she always made fun of me and my shabby clothes. even as a very young child, i could see the hypocrisy of that. she went so far as to say that Heaven was for blonde and blue-eyed little girls and that Jesus wouldn't love me because i was poor and "brown". um, i was brown because i played in the sun. i am very fair, actually, when not tanned. she also said that she got dolls and whatever she wanted because she prayed. i prayed for food and warm clothes and for my parents to be happy and not screaming at each other or for my dad to not get drunk all the time.

so i wondered why God would ignore my prayers but answer hers.

i guess i will never get those questions answered in this lifetime.

I hope GOD worked some good in her,she sounded very nasty!But he must have worked with you ,you are here

1. profile image0

i am here because of my own wits, hard work and determination. p.s. out of the billions of people on Earth, i would never presume that God singled me out for anything when there are others in more dire straits than those i have suffered.

2. GoGranny profile image59
            GoGrannyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't sell your faith short Cosette. God wasn't answering the little brats prayers for 'things'...her parents had the money to indulge her...she probably went to her parents and told them she asked God for a new doll ...hint, hint. Same as wish lists for Santa. And when you think about it didn't you eventually get your prayers answered? Be thankful for whatever struggles you endured as a child, because 1) you survived 2) you are probably a better person because of what you have personally witnessed 3) You probably have learned to be more practical in your life.
            The blonde girl probably grew up to be selfish, and unhappy unless she could get everything she wanted.

Do Christians always have to put on their rose-colored glasses in order to look at the gross iniquities of their God?

1. profile image0

Do you ever look at your own iniquities? Do you ever repent of them?

3. profile image0

Just a few questions if it is OK.

Are you poor now?

Do you appreciate all that you have?

Do you think that little rich girl appreciates anything today?

1. profile image0

haha nooo i am quite well to do, actually

yes i appreciate all that i have, very much

no i think that little rich girl is probably married to a drunk and living in some trailer park off the highway and she takes her grocery money and spends it on champagne nails every tuesday wink

1. profile image0

Growing pains are sometimes tough to handle, but you will be better off when you have grown.

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image88
          AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you admit to not knowing why your deity acts as he/she/it does, then how can you possibly know if his/her/its actions also have a purpose?  You contradict yourself. smile

1. profile image0

I meant I don't know specifically His reasoning behind how each particular incident is handled.
            I do know His intention is to offer Salvation to every person and show them the way to that, give them a chance to accept Him.  He did that and continues to do that through Jesus Christ.

Many individual happenings in a person's life may impact any number of other persons;   so I'm just saying that it's God who knows specifically how each incident should go, in order to further His plan to bring people to Him.

Even a Christian doesn't know exactly why/when/where/how events play into their lives, until they see the results of the whole process.   But we do believe the Word which says He makes all things work out for our good, the good of those who Love Him.

Those are His purposes-----offering Salvation, working things out for our good, and for His glory.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God 'allows' us ALL to die. It is just a question of when.

People mistakenly think that death is evil and that God saves us from death...not true.

God created us to die. We must all die. The near miss is simply one of the acts of seasoning that some of us go through, a stronger spice if you will. The pain of loss is a part of life and anyone who loves will experience it sooner or later. If someone survives some close encounter with death, that is not a sign that they are somehow better than someone else who didn't, it simply means it was not their time to die...yet. But their time will come, death is not optional.

Life is all about seasoning, death means it is time for what ever is next.

1. profile image0

hello.

i wasn't actually thinking about death. to me, death is part of the cycle of life.

i was actually thinking more about suffering. and i'm not talking about suffering we can grow from. i am talking about pointless painful horrific suffering. you know, like the agony of famine or being completely paralyzed and blind but unable to tell anyone, or being a tiny child kidnaped and raped and murdered, that sort of thing.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image75

Freewill of mankind. There are people in the world with more than enough money, power and intelligence to permanently end world hunger and the suffering that it creates. Those people choose not to. I believe that God, for good reason, allows humanity the freewill to do what we can or not. The good reason is if we didn't have freewill we would all be identical slaves to the will of a single entity. People cause hunger and people allow that hunger to continue. Some of us are powerless to stop it, we give our pennies and see that it doesn't stop the problem.

Many of the terrible things that we blame God for are not caused by God they are caused by us, by our choices. I'm sure it breaks God's heart (so to speak) that we allow the suffering, and then blame it on God.

Why people do terrible things to each other, like rape and torture... I think that boils down to a delusion of it isn't really wrong, or to the evilness inherent in humanity.

For good to exist evil must also exist, for love to exist hate must exist ( i have a hub about this paradox).

If the 10 richest people in the world wanted to end hunger, it would end. They choose not to end it, so it continues. Again that is a choice of humanity, not a choice of God.

Maybe it boils down to misery loves company, people that are hurting inside want to hurt other people...???

1. Jerami profile image59
              Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That almost sumes ut up. This is the best that I have seen it explained here on forums.  A Big AMEN.

The only thing that I might add is that we are all given the ability to create our own version of heaven on earth.
                Unfortunately the rapest, pheodaphyls etc. also get to create their own version.
                 If I were acused of any one of the before mentioned crimes and convicted I would want to be executed for the betterment of society. And I get to go home early. We as a race do not follow Gods laws and now find ourselves in the prediciment that we are in.
                I hope I explained that crrectly.

1. profile image0

Say what?
                Please explain what you meant about the criminal convicted of rape, etc., getting to "go home early"......?

I think that you misunderstood.
                  And I inadvertantly left out the word wrongly.
                  If I were wrongly accused and convicted of any of those crimes I would gladly be executed  for the betterment of society.And I would be going home (heaven) a little early.  All offenders of these crimes should be executed.

Good night  goin back to sleep.

2. profile image0

oh boy

i thought about this. because this is a never-ending debate topic, so discussing it is like shoveling sand into pails that have no bottoms.

but...my last word on this, promise.... if God is leaving it all to Man and his free will to sort out, then prayers are sort of redundant, i think.

it's funny though, i love Jesus and think God (the splendid, divine spiritual force in everything) is amazing, just not how he is depicted in the Bible, as a peevish, tantrummy PMS-suffering sort of being.

Prayers are not wishing on a star...which is the way your saying they are used... (I have a hub on prayers as well), in a nutshell...

God set up reality, and established the rules. The 'LAWS' of God are not breakable by humanity. As an example Law 1 We must ALL die.(sooner or later, don't kill yourself or someone else).

How we live together God leaves up to us to figure out.***

The laws churches create and call the laws of God(the ten commandments for example) aren't laws of God they are the laws of the churches. They may be good laws don't get me wrong, but the Laws God created cannot be broken by humanity. We do not posses the ability...yet. {the laws of God are akin to the good parent that puts a toddler in a protective crib or a walker with boundaries established so the toddler CANNOT go where they might be hurt.}

As we grow in wisdom and knowledge, and the ability to protect ourselves better the 'Laws' change... When humanity learns how to prolong our life-spans we will live longer. Perhaps even for hundreds of thousands of years. { As the toddler grows in understanding the barriers slowly come down until one day the toddler is allowed to go everywhere the parent can go.}

The depiction of God in the Bible was/is a form of manipulation, you better listen and do what your told because if you don't...<insert threat here> Manipulation may have been necessary back then, today it is unacceptable.

IMHO

***{EDIT} The way we choose to live will 'flavor' our soul. Our bad life choices and the sins we commit are to me best described as a flavor that is disliked by God, or perhaps a smell would be a better way of saying this. So our choices will 'flavor' or 'scent' our souls and we will take that smell or flavoring with us into what is next. If it is a terrible taste or smell others and God will not want to be around us, and that to me would be a terrible fate.

again, in my humble opinion.

2. earnestshub profile image81
                earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

... and the only source of a belief in it. smile

3. profile image54
              (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, then your god NEVER provides for people and NEVER intercedes with divine intervention and NEVER does anything at all, we do everything, whether good or bad, yes?

But, believers are all identical slaves to the will of a single entity.

Again, your god does not provide for you or anyone else, yes?

If your god does in fact intervene and provide for people, then we are forced to conclude he does not provide for everyone, yes?

Not true, good can easily exist without evil. There is no paradox other than that which you create.

If those 10 people are believers of gods, what should we think of them as humanitarians?

Mikel G Roberts wrote:
                I believe that God, for good reason, allows humanity the freewill to do what we can or not.

Q wrote: So, then your god NEVER provides for people and NEVER intercedes with divine intervention and NEVER does anything at all, we do everything, whether good or bad, yes?

Mikel's response: God did all God needed to do long ago. God has provided enough for all of humanity, the fact that some humans horde stuff and keep it from those that need it is the choice of humans, not God. Magic is what you want to see as proof of God, magic is not going to be demonstrated even though God could, God says no.

Mikel wrote: The good reason is if we didn't have freewill we would all be identical slaves to the will of a single entity.

Q wrote: But, believers are all identical slaves to the will of a single entity.

Mikel's response: Nope.

Mikel wrote: People cause hunger and people allow that hunger to continue. Some of us are powerless to stop it, we give our pennies and see that it doesn't stop the problem.

Q wrote: Again, your god does not provide for you or anyone else, yes?

Mikel's response: AGAIN, God provided the entirety of creation. Everything on Earth was given to us by God. Humanity refuses to share all that God has provided.

Mikel wrote: Many of the terrible things that we blame God for are not caused by God they are caused by us, by our choices. I'm sure it breaks God's heart (so to speak) that we allow the suffering, and then blame it on God.

Q wrote: If your god does in fact intervene and provide for people, then we are forced to conclude he does not provide for everyone, yes?

Mikel's response: Nope... God gave it all to us, some of us are hording what God has given to us all.

Mikel wrote:For good to exist evil must also exist, for love to exist hate must exist ( i have a hub about this paradox).

Q wrote: Not true, good can easily exist without evil. There is no paradox other than that which you create.

Mikel's response: I have written a hub {The great Paradox...} on this point because the explanation is too long for the forum. In a nutshell... Since part of God is evil, God is everything, part of everything is also evil and the ability to do/be evil. (Everything minus anything at all is no longer everything it is something else.)

Mikel wrote: If the 10 richest people in the world wanted to end hunger, it would end. They choose not to end it, so it continues. Again that is a choice of humanity, not a choice of God.

Q wrote: If those 10 people are believers of gods, what should we think of them as humanitarians?

Mikel's response: Whether they are believers of God or not is irrelevant. Their actions are selfish and unjust. With great power comes great responsibility.

1. profile image54

And, you know this for a fact? You know what god thinks?

Yup.

So, god has absolutely nothing to do with feeding anyone, yes?

So, you are confirming that god does NOT provide for anyone today? Everyone who claims he provides for them today are lying?

Your reasoning is based on gods existing and the fact that god is evil. If gods don't exist, evil need not exist. Hence, it is your god that is providing the evil in the world because he is evil.

2. profile image0

Man was created to live forever in fellowship with God. Of course God will not force anyone to fellowship with Him and has given us freedom to choose. Adam, (being the first man) chose death. Because Adam chose death, death will come to all, but death is not the end. It is only the end to this life.

God also made a way for those who want to live with Him. Jesus is that way.

4. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

A few questions because your post made no sense. Probably because most of it was copied from Paul who was actually using his own ideas a few thousand years ago.

What does worshipping angels have to do with people of other faiths or no faiths questioning your own?

As I recall from biblical scripture people are to test everything told to them, so why would you try to stifle this?

Paul said that all will be known by their fruits. If the fruits of the church have been war, rape, murder, child molesting, genocide, land theft, individuals using Jesus to do as they will and so forth, then what does the church have to do with Jesus?

It is interesting that the followers of a God who says "Let us reason" are so adamantly against reason. Speaks volumes.

Jesus said many would come in his name and decieve many

How do I know you're not trying to deceive me, in His name?

you should read it and find it your self just as jean has stated

I think you're trying to trick me!

no I think you are to smart for that ,and that is not what I am about!

Then why can't you stop this illogical nonsense?  If you really believe I'm smart, why do you think you can so easily deceive me?  Or is it that you don't really live in reality?

you got it wrong,I think nothing about you

2. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

More B.S.!

Like I said before David- You need to learn to "walk that walk", instead of "talking the talk".

You apparently read the "bible" as though it's literal. Which is absolutely foolish because humanity knows it's not to be taken literal.

The "bibles" of the World are Historical accounts of information and Mythology, all rolled into one.

One must understand this to get the true answers one wants from the "bibles" of the World. Separating out what is mythology and was is actual history is one that's usually left up to scholars and higher educated elite religious leaders.

Unfortunately, this is the problem. Religion, Christ, "GOD" and Creation were made up by the Educated Elite of the past.

If you're not willing to do the work required to get to the truth, then don't go around spouting off you know the truth of the matter, when that sort of statement would be considered a lie in many circles.

The Spirit of deceit? Deceit is a human action, it comes from one lacking Integrity.

what do you know about me or my walk?nothing,You are more judgmental then anyone in here!And the only mythology here is what comes off of your finger tips and that educated elite I am god brain of yours.And no historical accounts of the Bible has been proven wrong!And you can believe anything you want about GOD or Christ or creation,I dont care.AND the way you treat people around here I dout you know anything about Integrity!!!

2. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes he did. But you didn't answer the questions. And you didn't answer anyone else's questions either.

1. profile image0

...and 'round and 'round we go. i guess God enjoys bein' all mysterious and whatnot wink

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

the fallen angles came to earth and taught all sorts of evil to humans,and it spread through out the earth and made men forget GOD!then came the flood

That's a lie, and you are the real deceiver.  You have nothing but your book of nonsense to "prove" your outlandish position.
            You don't even live in reality.  Show me one of these fallen "ANGLES"

show me an atom !!!

How does that comment help your position?  It's no wonder you need Jesus.  You have no real argument, hence:  GOD said it
                                                                I believe it
                                                               That settles it!

how does it help yours ?

Insanity is not to be taken as reality!  This bible was obviously written by people who were mentally unbalanced.  You have nothing but a bunch of warnings from an insecure PERSON, trying to convince us that there is a creator of the universe, who must be worshipped or else.  Get real!

Yes, you have been deceived!!!  Shame.

2. Daniel Carter profile image61
            Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OH! It was the FALLEN ANGELS' fault, not ours! I see!!
            So God punished man instead of the fallen angels. It's their fault, yet he punished man.

That makes no sense at all.

It's hogwash. We decide our own fate because we are free to choose for ourselves. If we become evil, it's not because of some fake fallen angel. It's because we refused to take responsibility for ourselves and our egos and we succumbed to our own stupidity. The resulting consequences are the natural results of our stupidity, not the result if a hateful, punishing God.

What you believe in is magic, not God. There are magic beings all around your life, and therefore, you don't have be responsible for your own actions. You can blame it on anything you want. Your magic says that God hates me and loves you because you are justified in being hateful and deceitful using his name.

That's an old story about Merlin and his magic, not about any God. I don't like living in the middle ages. I'm shocked there are so many who still want to.

People LOVE Magic!

mundane things are so... ordinary...magic is more fun.

{EDIT} I believe in magic, I think when humanity is capable of using magic and not destroying ourselves, we will have that ability as well. But for now, like the toddler that cannot go into the other room, we must content ourselves with the things that God is allowing us to have and explore.

Learn, evolve, grow, and become wise enough to handle the great power and the great responsibility that comes with it.

1. profile image54

You've hit the nail on the head. People love magic and really, really want it to exist.

Is it more fun to pretend that the physical laws of the universe can be turned on and turned off at ones whim? Sure, why not.

Is it delusional to believe this as our reality? Of course.

But, people do, don't they, Mikel?

For something to be delusional it has to be proven impossible. There is no proof that magic can/does-not exist somewhere, nor that it won't be possible for humans to control and use magic eventually. The facts for now say we don't have the ability, that does not mean that one day we won't, nor does that mean that right now some other entity might have the ability.

I for one believe that God does have magic power and that God for our own protection has blocked our ability to touch or use magic. Like the good parent that prevents their toddler from getting to the kitchen stove.

In fact I believe that our entire reality, our human existence, is akin to a toddler in a crib, protected from that which we could not survive in our present state of evolution. Perhaps what comes next is where the magic lives...  hmm

1. profile image54

No, it doesn't, you are wrong. The burden of proof is on the claimant.

There is no evidence of magic, hence you are delusional to make that claim without a shred of supporting evidence.

The facts demonstrate magic doesn't exist.

That's why you're delusional. smile

2. getitrite profile image71

Great reply!!!

3. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

I did not say the angels caused it,I said they brought evil with them,all men make there own decisions.To cast the blame on someone else or something would be sin !!! And I love how so many likes to twist what others have to say !!! You stick with magic I will stick with GOD !!!

3. Jerami profile image59

Almost 2000 years ago  Jesus said that many will come in his name and decieve if it were possible even the elect.
           Taking into account the posability of a minor error in translation this sounds like many of the very elect could be led astray, and most all others would be decieved.

I ask??,  if not by using interpretation of the word of God, then how could this be?

no stifle,just reasureing fellow christians!

5. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Trust me, you wouldn't wanna see one!

Those angels have an "angle", and it has that angle of deceit...

Maybe you're one.  How am I suppose to know?  You could be one of the fallen angels trying to deceive me.  OMG!

1. profile image0

haha

Well, a Christian usually will be able to recognize the difference between deceitful spirits and the messengers of God.   Even though some are falsely accused of being the other one....

A -MEN

well I have to go for now,I turned 51 today and family is coming over,had a great time today thanks to all

1. profile image0

OH wow!   I'm 51.  At first it feels weird to be over half-a-century old,  but in the long run I feel totally Blessed to even make it this far, do you?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
            Hope you have a great and fun day!

dont you mean angle!!!lol

very funny you have a good sence of humor

6. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

God is an assumption.

as is everything that we think.

1. marinealways24 profile image59
        marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol So all assumptions are real to you?

If I said anything that certainly would not have been it.

7. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Yes! It's time to show more of gods love!

No child of an incestuous union may be admitted into the community of the Lord, nor any descendent of his even to the tenth generation.   (Deuteronomy 23:3 NAB)

10 generations eh?

That should wipe out all of the religious! lol

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hee hee - so, uh, who DID Cain and Abel marry anyway . . . ?

there sisters !!!

the chromo's lot better back then,you do know they get worst through generation's

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)