why do some of just feal like we walk alone in love ????

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (37 posts)
  1. usmcabrams profile image61
    usmcabramsposted 14 years ago

well  i was thinking  some of us just walk alone in love wen we never find that special someone  we wate and wate but they never come around  what is that why is that  i am still trying to figure it out but it has taken 22 years of my life and still nothing  we see our friends all fall in love are family fall in love but never us what do we do to make our selves so despised by life and love why ????

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're only 22 which believe it or not is still very young. Give it time smile

2. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you know what i admire your comments. Is this is how you feel.  Some of us will never be able to spell well, and some of us will never have empathy.  love can be hard to find, but it does take time, a very warm welcome to hub pages, your spelling will get better the more you write, and just ignore comments about it.

3. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From my observations here in China - Mostly it is because we westerners are too self-centred to give enough to someone else to attract love in the first place and then to keep it. After an age of small successes and huge failures in love I am now getting lessons from my amazing partner here in China - which are working!

And I agree with others here - your spelling is unimportant - you have expressed yourself perfectly which the best spelling and grammar clearly fail to do for many.

1. profile image0

very well said, encourage the guy why can't we?

4. Sa Toya profile image84
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

welcome to the hubs. I'm 23 and very single. There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just taking care of me first before hunting down that uber love.

If love won't come to you and you want it that bad honey....go get it! big_smile

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

be patient, it is vey sweet if love comes to you

6. curlytree2009 profile image36
      curlytree2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes, it is always the situation that brings one person to a certain possibility of changing. It always depends on the situation.

7. The Donkey profile image61
      The Donkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It will come. My dad didn't find his true love until he was in his 40s. You've got a lot of time left.

8. curlytree2009 profile image36
      curlytree2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You will feel so if you think of it that way. Always remember that love should not be in rush, let it knock on you door so that when it come you know that your feeling is for sure. "No one is alone unless he/she thinks that she is."

1. shar-shar profile image60
        shar-sharposted 14 years agoin reply to this

finding yourself alone in life or feeling alone for the first time can bwe very painful ...but if you embrace this and use it to discover your inner self it can be one of the most important lessons of your life ..

9. shar-shar profile image60
      shar-sharposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think your trying to hard.or looking in the wrong places...at 22 you are still figuring out who you are  and what you may want/need from a partner .concentrate on filling your life with things that make you smile this can be anything from watching something that makes your heart melt or bunngee jumping off a cliff ..its different for us all .
      styart by clearing your mind for a few moments then jot down 10 things that make you smile write the first things that come into your mind know matter how small
      there you should have your first step to finding a partner ,start to include the things on your list into your everyday life .and eve3ntualy you will find your perfect partner ... good luck x

10. marcel285 profile image64
      marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you love yourself? Are you honestly true to yourself?

11. Tennessee34 profile image57
      Tennessee34posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Once you do love yourself, people come from everywhere. I know what the loniness feels like.. I have been there and still struggle with it. But, stop lookin let it find you.. It will hit you like a ton of bricks.. xoxoxoxo lots of love to you

12. raa81360 profile image60
      raa81360posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I felt the exact same way as you do but I was 20 yrs old . ... I never got the boys in High school and just the " commitment phobic " horndogs in college . Until the night of my 20th birthday ,a guy walked into my party and stole my heart . He sang me songs on his guitar and treated me like gold !  It was love , a feeling ,at that young age ,that I never thought I would have .  We've been together almost 30 yrs now . It takes work but it is worth it  ! Hang in there ! smile

2. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Bad spelling? lol

1. profile image0

why are you so sad

3. profile image0
    seasoningposted 14 years ago

just been over to read your hub........  i am making a valentines day card just for you............. i will mail it online

4. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

I guess love is not something like a pizza - it would be nice you could order that online whenever you want, but it does not work this way.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes the pizza isn't even what you thought you ordered, but it still can be good.

1. Black Lilly profile image60
        Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile depends on the level of service, I guess wink

Getting back to serious..
        I know a guy who is I think 30 now, and never had a relationship. A really open-hearted, nice guy, but...all girls just think he is the best FRIEND, nothing more.
        And to be honest, I don't know why, but he is truly NOT attractive (looks very good though). What to advise him? Be more proactive, more ignorant, just more of a stereotypical "bad boy"? Play the game?
        On the other hand, would you let anyone who you suspect of playing games get close to your heart?

5. TimeHealsAll profile image60
    TimeHealsAllposted 14 years ago

because that someone isn't walking with us. I have 2 hubs you may want to read regarding this. One is "What is Love" and the other is "Expectations". Remember..everything happens for a reason. Maybe your perception of love is differant than someone elses. Maybe you and the other person need to write down what love means to each of you and share it and work on it. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

6. profile image0
    jkbensenposted 14 years ago

It makes two to fall in love
    Author of Love_blind_bat

7. khood1357 profile image64
    khood1357posted 14 years ago

Sometimes love takes time. Try doing different things or maybe going to different places to find love. If you currently go to clubs to look for love try joining a church group. Try dressing nice everywhere you go. This will not only boost your own self esteem, but may also catch an eye. Avoid ruts at all cost by trying new crowds to hang around and meeting new people. You may not know it, but your friends may be wishing they were not tied down; the grass may not be greener on the other side so be happy with where you are in life and everything will generally fall right into place over time.

8. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

It is better to be searching for love, than to lose it.

9. profile image0
    Quietest Momentsposted 14 years ago

Maybe if we stop looking and wanting it so bad, which brings on not a true love, we would not go thru so many broken heart relationships..there is a reason we are still single, I like to think it because, Mr. or Miss Right, just for us is around the corner, only busy at the moment and you will be bumping into her/him when the timing is right. :-)

10. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Who says you can't be happy in life as a single person? Partnerships are difficult.....

11. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I think that ya gotta be perfectly happy with your life exactly the way it is before it is worth someone else being happy letting you share it with them...
      And then too many will be wanting you to share yourself with um  You will have to be careful choosing which one will make YOU happy.
    Or something like that??

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a good answer.

12. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

You forgot to turn off your I-Pod?

13. sontag profile image57
    sontagposted 14 years ago

True love is hard to find, and if you do find it, sometimes you can lose it for some reason, perhaps the main source of love is within yoursel, love yourself first and then you will not feel needy.

14. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

What is your star sign, I done all the stars yesterday, tell me your sign or go check it out yourself, I think there may be romance smile

15. Diana Weiss profile image60
    Diana Weissposted 14 years ago

I agree with that! Sometimes all yoiu need is a little quiet time and reflection to figure out what's next and what life lessons you have learned.

16. Lynda Gary profile image61
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

I don't believe you "find love" -- I believe it finds YOU.  (And I'm a published relationship expert, btw.)

So, stop looking for it.  But keep your eyes open in case it's knocking at your door. 

Something else to consider:  Love begets love.  The more YOU love, the more you will be loved.

There are all types of love.  You want romantic love.  But start with all the other types first.  Learn first to love yourself, truly, deeply, and unconditionally.

Love your friends.  Be GOOD to them.  Don't ask for friendship; give it, instead.

And understand this:  In ALL cases, love is an action.  Someone can say, "I love you," but if he/she doesn't PERFORM the ACT of LOVING, then true love does not exist, regardless of the words.

Get out there in life, and love.  Perform the actions.  It will be returned to you in many ways.

1. Black Lilly profile image60
      Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Being published doesn't guarantee you know everything. Second thing - this works with friendships, not romantic relationships. In man-woman stuff, the more careless arrogant bi*ch I am, the more they care about me. The more lies I tell - the more they believe me. Ridiculous, but true and tested.

1. Lynda Gary profile image61
        Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL.  Oh-kaayy...

Stating one's credentials often helps someone else know the foundation from which a comment is made.  Sometimes, it is irrelevant (as the majority of any of my comments / posts will evidence, where it is not mentioned.)  If I write a hub on ceiling repair, for example, I certainly have no need to mention my status as a relationship expert -- a designation that I did not create for myself, but one that was given to me after having earned it.  Being published NEVER means someone knows everything -- and I will NEVER profess to even begin to know "everything."  I spend my life learning, and will continue to do so till the day I die.

You said, "This works with friendships, not romantic relationships."  I disagree, strongly.  For a romantic relationship to be a GOOD one, there must be a friendship underlying and fortifying the romance.  If not, the couple will have to endure/deal with things like manipulative behavior, deceit, and disrespect.  When there is an honest, open, and deeply felt friendship from which a romance blooms, none of those things will be tolerated.

Romantic relationships are not limited to "man-woman stuff," btw.  And, to be as blunt as you were, you will never experience a truly life-altering, committed, electrifying, euphoric relationship that is also enduring so long as you rely on manipulation and deceit (which you've admitted to).  Perhaps the men with whom you associate respond in a manner you find "positive," but this is NOT representative of a healthy relationship-- friendship wise or romantic, or both.

17. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Sometimes we over look the things and people that are right in front of us.
       Sometimes a thing can be elusive cause it is where we just came from,, and it takes time for it to catch up with us.
      A rolling stone gathers no moss.
         But also
      you are young. No hurries,  It is better to wait than to wish that you had.  Think of it as a meal.
      Do ya want to stock up on a life time supply of hamburger
    "NOW" or wait for the truck with steaks in it; .. tomorrow.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)