Is THIS the most prolific hubber ever?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

I've just noticed a string of hubs being created before my very eyes by a hubber named Polyhistor.

He has currently published 1,174 hubs.

60 of them in the last 2 hours.

The man's a machine. He leaves Maddie Ruud for dead! lol
    (He's up to 1201 now)

Anyone seen someone who's published more hubs?

His expertise and depth of worldly knowledge is absolutely amazing - certainly greater than any other 20 hubbers combined!

First he writes about a whole range of family issues.

Then he produces a stream of technical printer reviews - at the rate of one every couple of minutes.

He then takes a break for a half an hour, and stars publishing biographies of the characters from "Dexter" at the rate of one a minute.

He makes me feel so inadequate as a hubber.
    I've only managed 19 in 5 months - he can knock over that many in half an hour.

I wish he'd take part in the forum discussion - I'm sure we could all learn a lot from him.
    Perhaps he could be made the featured hubber for the newsletter.

Wonder what sort of keyboard he's got? roll

1. Jerrico Usher profile image55
      Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

makes me wonder if his content is duplicate, copied, stolen, etc..

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The sort of volume screams "spammer."

2. Christoph Reilly profile image68
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

Wow. His fingers are really flying! Why aren't those showing up on hubtivity?

3. WHoArtNow profile image83
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

Maybe you should go use www.copyscape.com on some of his hubs, sounds like he's either duplicating them from another site(s) or he's pre-written them and is just copy pasting them! Either that or he should do a hub on how to type so fast!!

4. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

OMG! The man's a walking encyclopedia! I checked out his hub history and found a delightful one on abnormal bowel movements. Quite graphic, yet informative.
    I wonder what he would do if we started posting comments on his hubs? Deny them, no doubt. Has anyone joined his fan club (apparently he has 18 fans).
    I wouldn't count on his participation in any forums, tho. He's all about the bling.

5. Eric Graudins profile image60

@ christoph:
    Yes, that's odd. many of them aren't on Hubtivity. Hmmm.
    I was looking at his profile, and only some of them appear to be showing.

@ whoartnow:
    Haven't checked on copyscape, but the articles have a disjointed quality that indicated some kind of article spinner, so they'll probably pass copyscape.

Anyway, he caught my interest because of the prolific nature, and also the lack of any links.

He's currently churning out articles relating to Nintendo Wii.

Can't quite figure out the reason - other than something SEO related, possibly for a range of clients.
    Oh well, as Billy Wobblestick once said:
    "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio".

I'm off for a Sunday evening glass or Red or two.

@ mighty mom - I don't expect him in the forums either  lol

Eric G.

I'll bet he's using article wizard pro- this program grabs a sentence or two from several random sites in the niche/keyword topic then pieces them together, often lucidly, its a good way to generate an article format but quite literally this is plagiarized although it may not be detected due to its nature I certainly wouldn't risk it.

I was thinking this may also be an organization with several writers involved and assigned to write articles and all funneled into the same account to upload as they finish, could be an seo trick for keyword population and maybe later they will add links but for now they want to "season" the pages to avoid being detected as a marketer...

he/she could also have had the articles written by a staff of people from those master publisher rights works and could have spent weeks putting the hubs together then just happens to be releasing them in waves... not all is as it seems my friend, just because 100 hubs gets released at once doesn't mean they were all written fresh this week. I had 20 hubs in my queue for almost a year and one day just said screw it and threw them all out there at once smile

Jerrico

6. WHoArtNow profile image83
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

Yeah, it is very strange he's not hyper-linking! With that many articles, if he was SEO then they would have the maximum links possible!

Was also thinking he might be going for high paying Adwords to help boost his adsense, But Nintendo Wii is only worth about 40 cents a click so it can't be that!

Maybe he just wants lots of content on hubpages!

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Well, his score tells me his hubs are low quality, most probably dupe. My wild guess he is trying to make money with Adsense on Hubpages using PLR articles.

PLR thats the term I was fishing for! hehe

8. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

This man is plagiarizing.  He's copying Ezine Articles and Article Base articles and not giving credit.

http://hubpages.com/hub/why-are-nursing … r-patients

http://www.articlesbase.com/card-games- … 31127.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Are-Nursi … id=1429985

I'm reporting him.

I f* knew it!!!!  But much respect to the people who gave him the benefit of the doubt instead of instantly saying "he's definately dupping" although it ended up that he IS duping you guys didn't think the worst even though the evidence was there (of course I think I did think the worst because after all the evidence is there lol...

9. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

He's probably using a scraper program, to be posting them that quickly.  Most of them are from free article sites.

yea free doesn't mean "take one" LOL

1. profile image0
        daflaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it does mean "take one", but you have to include the byline.  He wasn't.  And I'll bet you  a hundred to one that isn't his picture either.  Wonder who it is?

This is the same as an "adsense site", where they steal material from sites with high authority to get adsense clicks.  Hopefully, when staff gets back tomorrow, they'll delete them all and ban his a##.

10. Jerrico Usher profile image55
    Jerrico Usherposted 15 years ago

I'm getting a copyscape account and applying it to all my sites, I'm not sure If I can apply it to the hubs etc.. but if I can I will,.. dam byters..

11. Eric Graudins profile image60

@Dafla,
    Thanks for doing the research. I didn't have time last night.

@Jerrico
    Your "reading between the lines" skills need a bit of sharpening :-)
    I didn't really have any doubts about the content, but did not have time to chase up the evidence to make a statement.

1. profile image0

Didn't take long, really, to find it.  All I did was copy and paste one of the titles into Google, and there they were.  He had to be using a program, because most scrapers at least change the title.  He did put a new first paragraph on some of them, I guess because he thought that whoever was checking would check the first paragraph, and nothing more.

Stupid people, stupid tricks.  Did you notice that none of his titles were capitalized? I'll bet you a dime to a dollar that he's a lot younger than that picture, and probably doesn't speak much English.

12. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

He's not spamming, he's splogging, which is stealing content from other well traveled places and putting them onto here to get adsense income.  The more hubs, the more income. He's getting most of his stuff from Ezine Articles, because it's an authority site, so those articles will get more  Google traffic.

Somebody should probably report him to Google as well, but I'll leave that up to staff.

It does look like he stopped posting about the time we got wise to him, although he'll probably be back, if staff doesn't delete all his hubs. 

STAFF!!!  OH STAAAAAAFF!!!  WHERE ARE YOU????

13. Eric Graudins profile image60

He's up to 1374 hubs now, with the last couple copied word for word from other sites.

Maybe HP will get around to checking the reports soon. lol

14. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

He is busy again this morning. Posted 11 hubs in 20 minutes!

15. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 15 years ago

It makes sense.

I can only publish one hub in thirty minutes. I take my time with amazon products and my text. I have to check my spelling and only when I'm happy with everything will I publish it.

I do tend to come back frequently and update my tags and other things.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that sometimes their capsules move all on their own?

16. Kika Rose profile image69
    Kika Roseposted 15 years ago

Apparently HP hasn't done anything; he's up to 1400 some-odd. And seriously, what's with his lower-case titles? That's so annoying. >.<

Anti-Valentine, I have noticed capsules moving on their own. I just chalked it up to the HubPages Poltergeist. tongue

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Simply posting duplicate content won't usually get you banned unless there's a copyright complaint, though it will piss off the community, annoy me, and get you a low HubScore.  The hubs that had been flagged were just duped with no links, but after seeing this thread I did further investigation and found that a large number of them did, in fact, have links, so I was able to take action.

17. Kika Rose profile image69
    Kika Roseposted 15 years ago

*hugs Maddie* I knew there was a reason I liked you! ^_^ Thank you for taking notice of this thread! Oh, and I have a question; why does Ryan keep posting so many requests? Is it just to generate more hubtivity?

1. Lissie profile image74
      Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My guess is that Ryan is specifying topics that keyword research suggests that a hub would rank well for: I pay attention to the requests by hubstaff!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
        Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's also part of an effort to help promising new hubbers get started.  Lots of those requests are going directly to specific hubbers, but are open to anyone to answer.  We want to encourage newbies to write high-quality, evergreen content, and help them feel welcome.  Sending a personal request is a great way to do that!

18. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

Thanks, Maddie.  Wonder how much adsense money he made before we stopped him?

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, the flipside of this is that HubPages would also have made some money if he did, so it's a credit to HP that they are able to forgo short term gain for long term benefits.

Eric G.

19. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

With all of the requests going up-- is there a way of knowing if we are making a duplicate or similar request? Should we do a search first?

1. profile image0

Every topic imaginable has already been covered here, so it wouldn't matter if you were making a duplicate request or not.  If you do a search for your subject, someone has probably already written on it.  Requests simply serve the purpose of stimulating the mind, except for the few that are personal in nature, like the one awhile back asking for natural cures for ear infections.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)