Have you ever had a near death experience?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

What happened?  How close did you come to dying?  Did you die and return to life?

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I was dead. not breathing and no vital signs. I have no memory of it because it was a blow to the head. Maybe I will write a hub, it is a loooong story.

Fluffymetalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe you should. thats crazy

We joke about it, actually. I woke up, and my husband is sure I am dead. I can't see, so I am crawling on my hands and knees behind the couch, where he is sitting, wailing :Whoo Hiit Myyy Heeaaad? WHOOO HIIIT MYYY HEEEEAAAD?" He almost had a heart attack, because h looks for my reflection in the sliding glass door and there is nothing there, he turns and looks over his shoulder, nothing!  I am still wailing, he stands and looks over into the bedroom and my body is gone. I have come up behind him and as he's spinning around he falls over me.

1. tantrum profile image61
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you're a vampire ! yikes

No reflexion !!!
            I'm bringing  the holy Water ! lol lol

No I am a zombie and I want my chocolate chip cookies and milk!

PS I was crawling on the floor behind the couch, there would have been a reflection if I was walking. lol

1. tantrum profile image61
                tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was trying to be dramatic ! lol

your drama is hilarious. lol

2. nickshamrock profile image60
      nickshamrockposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not really, "Near Death" I guess... but I was working in a pizza delivery shop. I had just turned 21 and we were supposed to go out drinking, my boss and I (we were the only ones working) and I went to pick up a friend a couple blocks down the road. When I came back, someone had come in and shot him, I was gone for like 5 minutes. I'm under the impression they had waited until I left before going in, but you never know. Anyone could have guessed what would have happened had I waited 5 minutes.

2. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 14 years ago

someone dosed me with ghb in new orleans and i had to be picked up by an ambulance on bourbon st.  I stopped breathing three times.  Damn date rape drugs

I think date rape drugs are a sign of a broken society. Think about it, you have gotten so low you have to drug someone so you can comfortably rape them without all the screaming and scratching. What kind of sick perverted individual comes up with that idea?

I am sorry Fluffy, did you see the lights everyone talks about?

Fluffymetalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no lights but i never technically died

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

The closest I was to death was when I was turning left and my truck lost control because of a lot of gravel in the road....fish tailed and came very close to wrapping the truck around a pole. but thankfully it didn't, went in between two poles and slammed into another car driving that car three spaces then stopped...

4. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I published a newsletter in the back office of a mortuary-- wrote about it as a "near death" experience.

I like that. Have you read Stormryders Statutory Rape hub? Trust me.

2. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very nice.

I worked in the morgue at my city's newspaper for a time... does that count? I still "kill" old comps even though it is all digital now lol

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Different kind of morgue-- there were actual bodies where I was. My friend's father owned the mortuary. He was the only person we knew with a Xerox machine we could use.

1. wyanjen profile image70

Wow, I guess I am a true printer if I imagine the stacks when I hear the word morgue.
          Do you mind if I ask - was it a creepy place, or a solemn place of respect? I always imagine them as respectful.

smile

Anyone work in the "Dead Letter Office?" smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90

They did good work. You can read my hub, A Near Death Publishing Experience.

5. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I had an experience of which I can't describe in a public forum. Maybe I'll do a hub later, but... whatever

Anyway I got to a point of accepting my death and then I lost consciousness. When I woke up I felt.
    well, I didn't feel the joyous grateful to be alive and enjoy every minute thing. I never have gotten past that acceptance of it.

I'm not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing lol

I got hit by a truck and am glad to be alive... Did you see lights? big_smile

1. wyanjen profile image70

The lights people see are the result of the optic nerve failing. It has happened to people during MRIs. You can see the parts of the brain that lose the activity.

I did see lights but I think it was a result of the situation, not my medical state. It was very confusing.

Shoot, so when I am going to sleep at night, sometimes I see a flash of white  light after I close my eyes, before I am sleeping. Does that mean my brain parts are losing activity?

It means there is light inside of you.

You are so sweet.
              It used to startle me, but now I kind of wait for it. I have been having migraines lately so maybe it's just too much time in front of the monitor.

Could be that, too.

I have heard that when people start to meditate the only see darkness at first when they close their eyes, but after getting into the practice they see more light.

Oh good, that is a comfort. Thanks Rochelle, I was afraid to go to sleep. Brain cells dying and all. Good night.

6. karlscabin profile image60
    karlscabinposted 14 years ago

I had a near Life experience once.....

7. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Yes... more than once in my life.  I wrote about it here in a hub called 'Intuition.'

Amazing experience and certainly one that changed my life positively. hmm

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Yep! carcked it on the theatre table during a 5 hour cancer op. White light and all. smile
    I should have died a lot more often than that racing motorcycles, but the good ole sub-conscious took over and put me in slow-mo.
    that's when everything slows down until you regain control of the bike.
    A very weird experience that I have had many times.
    It really is a bit like time travel! lol

9. Snowdianna profile image60
    Snowdiannaposted 14 years ago

sort of crazy

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)