Today is the day and I'm scared

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (117 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I was thinking last night that it's nothing but now...I am awake and scared half to death. My stomach is in knots and is starting to hurt because of nerves.

i have to really start chugging water around 1:15pm and not go to the bathroom...my appointment is at 2:45 and I have to be there at 2:30.

THANKFULLY my husband is going to be going wtih me and that eases some of the nerves but still scared shitless and really really nervous. Don't even know if I'll even be able to eat because of my nerves. sad hmm

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry.. what are you scared of?

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to go in to get an ultrasound done because the doctor felt that my left side of my pelvis is fuller than the right. and then also he ahd called and told me that my white blood cell count is high....so yea don't know what in the world is going on with me....

don't assume the worst..

often it is the anxiety of worry that gets us more ill than the results of the tests themselves

1. profile image0

that is too true...but of course it's hard not to worry....

that's why the human mind is a #$@%@^^@$^@

1. profile image0

LMAO that is too true Greek too true

2. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

its common for white blood cell count to be high if your fighting an infection/virus. The ultra sound will be over pretty quick, and hubby will be wth you. Those are all good things. After you get to go to the bathroom, I bet youll eb mighty hungry!!!

1. profile image0

Oh yea I'm going to make sure I have a snack in my car waiting for me lol

and he asked me if I was dealing with the side affects of having the high count so he thinks that it is just a mistake and that it was contaimnated.

3. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

omg, that's terrible.  i'm  sorry to hear that's happened to you. i hope you'll be okay cw. (hugs you)

1. profile image0

Thanks Steven...

1. profile image0

your welcome.  what are friends for?  i'm sure you'll be okay. just try to think positive.

1. profile image0

Trying hard to think positive...

1. profile image0

you said  the doctors are just going to test to see what's wrong with you right?  your not going in for an operation right now are you?

4. profile image0
          Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ovarian cyst maybe?

1. profile image0

I'm HOPING not but maybe...

1. profile image0
              JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I used to get them when I was young. Birth control pills made it go away. It wasn't that bad at all.

I'm hoping for you that it is something simple. The results come back from ultrasounds fairly quickly so you at least won't have too long to worry.

1. profile image0

oo sorry you had to deal with that when you were younger

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you're so lucky to have such a loving, caring husband. when i had that done (and other even painful procedures), i had to go it alone. just take deep cleansing breaths and hold your husband's hand and try to push negative thoughts from your mind and you will be all right. good luck smile

1. profile image0

Oh Cosette I am so sorry that you had to do procedures on ur own. *hugs* you are definitely a strong woman.

3. seanorjohn profile image71
      seanorjohnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will pray that everything turns out well and that you sleep well tonight.

1. profile image0

Thanks seanorjohn Appreciate that

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Aww I'm sorry;  I know it's nerve-wracking;  but try to think positive; Glad hubby will be with you!
    I'm still praying for a good report from the dr. for ya.

1. profile image0

Thanks Brenda...totally appreciate it...

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

CW keep your chin up and all that jazz. I hope things go well but keep in mind you may not get an answer today so don't get too worked up. It's just a test to see if they can determine what is going on and may have to be sent back to the doctor who will have to look at it and see if he can determine what is going on. I wish you a speedy discovery though.

1. profile image0

Thanks lynne I hope that I get the results back fast too...I hate waiting.

4. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Craz - hoping all goes well. I know it's so easy to panic. You're in good hands and all being well, you'll just have an infection or similar. Good luck - and keep us informed. You'll be fine, no matter what!

1. profile image0

thanks frog...I'll keep you posted definitely...I'll tell you guys how it felt not being able to pee for an hour too lol

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh craz surely that can't be worse than drinking a gallon of water when heavily pregnant, then having the doc pressing down on your stomach - whilst trying not to pee the bed, during a scan.

I love to say that I never failed to make it through the ultrasounds before I pee'd ... wink

1. profile image0

Yea Izzy was telling me about that and I already have an idea. I'm gonna wear a pad when that happens to me lol

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll agree with the little frog. smile wink

1. profile image0

lol thanks Cags

5. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Best of luck. Stay strong!

1. profile image0

Thanks Torimari

6. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

((((good luck))))

1. profile image0

Thanks Rafini..need all the luck I can to get me through this without freaking myself out too much smile

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

1. profile image0

by the way love your pic...so beautiful

7. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Many of us will be thinking of you today. I’m sure I can speak for all, in that we hope and pray all is well and that fear is the only real issue, and it is for naught.

Sometimes Scotch works for that!

8. profile image0

Thanks ready...I appreciate that. and I too hope that the fear was for nothing....

9. alexandriaruthk profile image68
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

I am prayimg for you, and HUGS!!

1. profile image0

thanks I needed that smile *hugs back*

10. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi crazd, i hope everything goes fine with you, HUGS very tight, Maita

1. profile image0

Hey Maita thanks for that. been a while chica. smile

11. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I'm thinking about you, too.  I'll bet it's just some sort of infection.  Just to calm you down, I just went through He** with problematic mammograms.  I was convinced I had cancer...  After a ridiculous amount of ultrasounds, more mammography and a biopsy all is well.  In medicine, they need to cast a wide net to catch anything, which of course sends off our alarm bells.  Just remember, many people have similar stories and all turned out well.  Not to mention, you're young.  Let us know what happened (if you're so inclined) when you get home.  Hugs to you!!!

1. profile image0

Dang wordscribe. ur poor boobies! *hugs*

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did get Tech (Nurse) Ratched for my final one.  Good grief, breasts aren't supposed to look like pancakes.  Ouch!

1. profile image0

Ouch is right! I dread the day when I have to get mamograms...no smoochy my boobies! lol

12. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

the reason  why i ask is because it may not be as bad as you think, if they haven't tested you completely yet to weigh the options.  not trying to make light of your situation as i know it's serious. however, lets not assume the worse before the doctor says anything.

1. profile image0

yep just tests but even then it's hard to think positive and not worry...stupid doctors..why can't they find a way to NOT worry you when you have to get tests done? tongue on docs lol

2. profile image0

Yes, my mom calls that "borrowing trouble" and I've finally gotten better at avoiding it.

13. profile image0

I know why this scares me so much..it's the simply fact that I am adopted and I don't know my egg donor or sperm donor nor do I ever want to...but I also don't know medical information about the two...so that is one big factor as to why I'm freaked out today over a simple test..

14. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

*hugs**hugs**hugs**hugs* ~Crazd~ *hugs**hugs**hugs**hugs*

Lots of good wishes, love and cyber hugs to you hun! I hope everything works out ok hmm

15. profile image0

Thank you so much Kristen I appreciate all the hugs smile and the kind words.

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here are some more ((HUGS)) Lots of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aur-tmqv-sw

Breathe! Breathe (listen to music, watch video) Breathe Breathe.

1. profile image0

lol I'm breathing I swear Faybe..thanks smile

16. profile image0

I can understand not having a familial medical history makes this a little more scary.  I think that's natural.  The good news about today is you will get the ultrsound results immediately instead of having to go back home and stew...  That's nice, b/c there's nothing worse than waiting for test results.

1. profile image0

I will? someone said that I won't... hmm

1. profile image0

With an ultrasound, you do.  I've had a lot of them, never had to wait for the results.  They have a radiologist look at it and you'll get the results.  It's not like an MRI where you do have to wait.

1. profile image0

oooo good then I won't have to freak out for longer until they give the results to my doc and all that

1. profile image0

Normally the sonographer talks to the radiologist.  Either the sonographer or the radiologist will come into the room to tell you the results.  I've NEVER had to wait for it to filter through my primary care physician.

1. profile image0

Oh thank goodness for that! BUT they better let me pee before they give me the results lol I'm thinking of wearing a pad just in case lol

1. profile image0

Oh... you can SO pee, no worries.  lol  You sound just like me...  Plus, when I am nervous I have to pee like a race horse.  Are you seriously gonna sport a Depends?

1. profile image0

lol No not a depends just a regular pad 'cause ya never know. I do have the training of holding it for a long time (preschool teaching lol ) but still want to be prepared hahaha

1. profile image0

Enjoy your muscles down there while you still have 'em, CW.  Cuz, after kids OH, there is no laughing, coughing or jumping without an unfortunate consequence.  lol

17. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

I go through cancer tests every 3 months since I had it back in 2007.
    It's scary I know.
    See everything as coming back fine and feel the relief that you would feel if the DR told you that.
    My Daddy used to say not to worry about something until you had a reason to.
    I know that's easier said than done, but you gotta try.
    Heck, I practice answering the phone and hearing the nurse say everything is fine.
    And think about all the prayers and healing energy you are getting.

1. profile image0

thanks Sabreblade. I am sorry that you had to deal with cancer in your life. that is something I wish no one has to go through.

You are drinking lots of water yes? Oh you are in California, hours yet! Keep breathing. are you allowed to eat?

2. Phillyfreeze69 profile image55
      Phillyfreeze69posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sabreblade,
      I am praying that your cancer stays in remission. Three week ago
      a dear friend of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer, fortunately it was diiscovered in time. She is at home recovering and going to her chemotherapy treatments. Keep a positive attitude and keep visualizing the nurse telling you the good news!

18. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Crazd I feel that everything will be just fine. My thoughts are with you!

1. profile image0

Thanks Ohma...I hope your feelings are right smile love the new pic by the way

19. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

I agree with Deborah:  Sounds like an ovarian cyst. 

We're thinking of you.  Make sure to post when you get home!

By the way:  Worry / stress just makes it all worse.  Chill, darlin'  smile  Slow, deep breaths.  Drop shoulders.  Inhale. Exhale.  Then make hubby take you out for a late lunch or early dinner. wink

1. profile image0

hmmmm that sounds like a good idea about making hubby take me out. big_smile

and I will definietly post once I get home. I'm trying not to worry I swear! big_smile

20. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I miss hijacking threads with you lol We will have to have some forum fun maybe during the next holiday wink We shall take over Mwahahaha!

Let me know when you know everythings ok kay? *hugs*

1. profile image0

lol yea I miss those days too! we need to totally hijack a thread soon big_smile

and will definitely let you know when I know.

21. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

LOL yours too. and yes I have been very successful going by my gut feelings on many occasions.

1. profile image0

phew that helps a bit big_smile

22. profile image0

grrrr it's only 11:08 am...HURRY UP DANG IT! lol

23. profile image0
    stay_home_mommy3posted 14 years ago

Hi!  I don't really know you, but found this, and I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and praying for you.  Medical tests are scary, but many times, they are all for nothing.  Take a BIG breath, and don't worry! 
    Let us know how it goes! smile

1. profile image0

Thanks SHM3 I appreciate that. and welcome to hubpages

24. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Hope all goes well with you CW! I agree with wordscribe...once you've had a baby, ultra sounds seem like a piece of cake! So just lie back and relax and think happy thoughts.....smile

1. profile image0

Thanks MOW...but I can't think too positive I might fly away lol

25. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

hey, CW, just do this---it works:

breath deep in (through your nose) with your mouth closed and count to 10.

hold it for one second.

breathe out while shaping your lips in an "O" shape to a count of 10.

repeat this about five times and you will pump oxygen into your bloodstream and feel calm. i promise it works. smile

((hugs back))

26. profile image0

Thanks Cosette I'll definitely try that smile

27. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

smile i'll be thinking of you

28. profile image0

Thanks....just wish time would speed up a bit lol

29. profile image0

I now officially have two hours to go...and my body is NOT behaving itself AT ALL sad hmm hmm

30. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

i'm sorry to hear that.  maybe you should lie down for a bit. some rest might do you some good. or take a hot shower to relax a bit.

31. profile image0

already too a hot shower and that helped a bit but then....that's when I found out my body was being a punk

1. profile image0

oh i see.....well why don't you try lying down for a bit. maybe if you get a quick nap in before seeing the doctor, it might calm you down a bit.

1. profile image0

If it was earlier than yea I would say I would do that but it is now 1:04pm here and I have to start drinking water...lots of it too lol

I thought you were gone already. I'm watching the clock for you. LOL.

1. profile image0

lol I wish I was but nope time is CRAWLING right now it's not even funny lol And thanks tell the clock to hurry its arse up lol

2. profile image0

oh i see.  im sorry to hear that.  well maybe you should do something to take your mind off of this.  it's probably just the stress getting to you. why don't you try reading a book or watching tv for a bit to take your mind off things.

1. profile image0

I'm watching LA Ink right now smile

1. profile image0

that's cool.  well, hopefully it'll take your mind off of this whole ordeal.

1. profile image0

I hope but I doubt it...when I stress and worry I stress and worry until I find out everything is okay or whatever...it's just how I am..

Hubby HATES it! But that is how I am

32. profile image0

Well time to chug water and not allowed to pee yikes I can do this...I can do this...I can do this... lol

Yeah as long as you don't laugh, you won't pee. or pixar either.

1. profile image0

lol don't start Faybe yer gonna make me laugh and have to pee now lol

2. H.C Porter profile image80
      H.C Porterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hate that... I had to do that a few times during pregnancy-along with the dont eat after midnight cause you gotta have tests done the next morning... Telling a pregnant chick not to pee or not to eat for an extended period of time... Yeah right!
      BUT YOU CAN DO IT- Just dont think about waterfalls or dripping faucets big_smile

1. profile image0

Oh thanks H.C. NOW I will think of those lol thankfully those don't make me need to pee more lol

Well, it never rains in California, so you should be fine. I mean, it isn't going to rain, is it? I mean as long as you don't get wet, you should be fine...

Maybe take an umbrella.

1. profile image0

lol FAYBE! HUSH! lol lol lol

33. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

Fingers Crossed for Good News!!!  Positive thoughts for you my dear  smile

34. profile image0

So if yu ever wonder where I got my mean streak from ...it's my mom

I just texted her that I have to pee...she texted me bad with "too bad he he"

yikes Mean mommy! lol

lol lol lol She sounds like me... maybe we are related. smile

1. profile image0

Hmmm maybe we are lol big_smile

35. profile image0

Drank all the water I needed to..I think lol and now just waiting for hubby to come home and pick me up

UGH i feel like i'm going to throw up seriously! More ways to torture the hell out of women tongue hmm

Yeah... That's was why I wondered if you could eat earlier. probably toast after will help. Toast is good for everything.

1. profile image0

I made myself around 10...egg in toast big_smile 2 of them it was really good but now my tummy is pissed off lol great! Not waht I needed

pixared off? lol Sorry. lol

36. profile image0

lol you are bad Faybe you are bad! lol

We'll await your next post.

37. profile image0

Good luck, CW.  You must be sloshing around by now.  Keep us posted, okay!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)