Best tourist places in Asia

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (35 posts)
  1. dishyum profile image57
    dishyumposted 14 years ago

In your personal experience...

1. samwtan profile image62
      samwtanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

laos

2. borge_009 profile image70
    borge_009posted 14 years ago

Philippines.  From my own experience.

1. profile image49
      cebuuuuumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

SIARGAO!!!!

It is a pleasant steamy island site with its peaceful life style offering a wonderful place for this surfing event. Surfers from the countries like Malaysia, Japan, New Zealand, Hawaii, Philippines, Indonesia, and Bali etc will represent their countries for this surfing cup event at Club 9. The participation from the viewers will be much greater if the storm occurrence will be reported earlier. It is famous for having world’s top surfing waves, so nick named cloud nine.

It is considered as the most striking island destinations of the Philippines presenting opportunities for surfing photography. Siargao is closest to the Philippine Deep which is the second deepest ocean trench. The slanting structure on Siargao’s East coast is besides General Luna Town making it exceptional. Barrelling, empty and perfect waves of Cloud 9, ranging from 1-1.5 meters high to 2-3 meter high barrels have made this part of Pacific Ocean more attractive for surfers. This part of Pacific Ocean is under the typhoon-belt so typhoon waves don’t hit Siargao Island directly. Siargao Island offers great atmosphere during monsoon season which is loved by all enthusiastic surfers. What makes this event special and different from standard surfing style is that the challengers will be deciding under which conditions they would like to surf.

If you have any interest in watching surfing challenges, action sports photography and living at steamy Island sites, then Siargao would be the best site for you to visit and enjoy.

Direct flight can be taken from Mactan Cebu International Airport or Manila to reach Siargao airport. You can even take ferryboat daily before noon to take view of this island and to get pleasure from its aquatic wildlife.

Siargao Island adventure tour can be the luxurious adventure of your life with your friends, sailing boat, drinks and delicious food. It has atmosphere for day/night fishing adventure. You can enjoy swimming at low tide and even in natural swimming pools. Caving discoveries in this island also bring a new look to your adventurous tour. Island also has some caves yet not discovered by men. Jungles enriched with wildlife have their own beauty. You can’t find much exciting stuff for shopping but while visiting island you can buy some local made products. Communicating with the people of different back grounds came with different objectives is a good source of sharing experiences. In Siargao Island Lovers Lane was established in 2005 to attract tourist. Disco clubs and snack bars are opened late night to entertain visitors. You can also find some bar girls who offer you a little more than just conversation. Rent a kayak or paddle boat to explore the cost line completely.

Accommodation and hostelling services in Siargao Island vary in price and form. Islands adjacent to Siargao are offering wonderful environment to enjoy other sports. Beautiful hotel nights and splendid sea shore have couple of entertainment facilities. To attract more visitors no spectators’ fee will be charged and other water sports activities will also be held. Above all visitors from different part of the world will built an outstanding multicultural and diversified community for sharing experiences and ideas.

3. HunterGiftBaskets profile image61
    HunterGiftBasketsposted 14 years ago

Had a great time in Krabi just an hour or so outside Phuket.
    Also Phi Phi Island - just divine.
    Is Australia in Asia ?

4. brethodge profile image41
    brethodgeposted 14 years ago

It is Kerela indeed.. beautiful place to visit ..

1. anujagarwal profile image58
      anujagarwalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really, Kerala is a very beautiful place to visit in India. It is full of greenery, also known as 'God's own country'.

5. robertostray profile image60
    robertostrayposted 14 years ago

The Thai Islands are amazing and really cheap....Go!

6. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Caramoan Islands site of five survivor already and Palawan's El Nido in the Philippines, feel like a king or queen with just few dollars!

7. lilian_sg profile image65
    lilian_sgposted 14 years ago

depends on what you are looking for.

Islands: Malaysian islands on east coast/in Sabah. Bali too.
    Food: Malaysia, Thailand
    Nature: Malaysia
    Shopping: Bangkok (on a low budget), with a higher budget KL and Singapore too.

8. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

The only Asian place I can mention (because that's the only one I've visited) is Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.  Liked the city, ran a recruiting ad, met a prospect who was a retired Hindu police officer.  We did a little bit of business together--nothing much in the end--but I profited greatly by his hospitality.  He took me to his home where I met his gracious wife as well as to a Hindu temple.  We also shared an evening meal once, Chinese food bought from a street vendor and eaten while perched on stools rooted in concrete, watching the rats running around beneath our feet.

Could have commented on Tokyo, but we were only there for a few hours while the airline tried to locate a replacement part for one of our engines that was broken.  Turned out there was none such in the city, and  eventually--having never left the plane--we winged all the way back across the Pacific without it.

No harm, no foul!

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow. You would think that if you stop for a replacement part for your airplane you would stick around until you found one. Yikes!

9. Futture Now Man profile image60
    Futture Now Manposted 14 years ago

I have been to Goa India, Very beautiful,perfect climate and super affordable.

10. expatudon08 profile image59
    expatudon08posted 14 years ago

leh in the north of India just beautiful a mixture of people Muslim buddhist Hindu baron desert lush green on the river banks snow capped mountains of which i climbed stock kangri 6132 meters

11. profile image0
    askpowersposted 13 years ago

there are so many places in asia which are very beautiful, like some place in china, india, pakisatn, etc
    smile

1. EJ Travel profile image61
      EJ Travelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

China absolutely

1. Sab Oh profile image56
        Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So many places of interest to visit in China.

12. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

In China I can highly recommend Guilin for its amazing and strange round mountains and beautiful rivers - and its rice terraces, Zhang Jia Jie for its mountains of vertical rock fingers and clean air, Xiamen to see the remains of the colonial island and taste its history.  Personally I avoid the more established western advertised places like Dali, Shangri La because they have become rather seedy and try to rip you off at every turn.  Shanghai for the buildings, Beijing for the clubbing and nightlife and the Great wall, and a host of other small places that are harder to find if just touring around.

13. Ign Andy profile image57
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

Bali - Lombok - Toraja
    Indonesia travel destination triangle smile

14. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

It really depends on what you like to do on your holiday.  As others have said, there are many beautiful places but here are a few suggestions.

In Vietnam - Sapa is very beautiful and so too is the area around Bac Ha - high in the mountains.  Ninh Binh is also quintessentially Vietnam with wonderful rice paddies.

In Laos - the area around Luang Prabang is very pretty and so too are the limestone caves around Vang Vieng (although the town itself isn't).

In Cambodia a wee island off the south coast called Bamboo Island is pristine (although marked for development) and very peaceful.  Of course the ancient temples are superb too.

I'll stop now!

15. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

We are planning a trip through Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia in the not too distant future and would be especially interested in specific places there to see and those to avoid.

1. travelespresso profile image68
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

China man you certainly have a treat in store for you when you travel through these countries.

I can't promote my own hubs here but if you want to read more about any of these three countries, you can find hubs on Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos under my hub name.  I've been lucky enough to travel through all three. 

How long are you going for?

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well we are thinking maybe the winter holiday so would be one month and February if it isn't monsoon season  smile

1. travelespresso profile image68
          travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would definitely limit the countries and visit just two otherwise you just end up being in "transit mode" for the whole journey rather than experiencing a place. 

Depending upon what you like to do, you could easily spend one month in Vietnam.  There's a wide range of sights and experiences from Halong Bay in the north, to the mountains of Sapa, to the ancient cities of Hue and Hoi An, the fascinating area around Hanoi's Old Quarter etc.

Alternatively Laos where the people are amazingly relaxed and the streets in the capital are wide and beautiful.  Then Cambodia with its stunning temples and welcoming people.  All three countries are very different.

1. profile image0
            china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will be living quite close to Halong bay in teh mountains that appear to be the northern end of the geological strip that makes such great mountains, whether rising vertical from the ground or the sea.  I am hoping to do Halong Bay during a long weekend or one of the many short holidays we get in term. I am planning to get a motorbike to travel around locally to see the places the bus doesnt go and then do Vientam Laos and Cambodia on the bike.  Will see how that works out later big_smile

16. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

Y'all have GOT to get to Kyoto if you ever have the chance.

17. traveljane profile image60
    traveljaneposted 13 years ago

Bali and Thai islands if you are particularly looking for tourist catered holidays. otherwise Lombok and Gillis in Indo. OR Laos and Cambodia for less touristy but reasonable facilities. As well as Vietnam for beautiful beaches.

18. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

India..u wuld get snow , desert , nice beaches , historical places..all in one place..highly diversed..culture wise , food wise , people wise and natural scenes wise..

19. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

I've always wanted to go to India.

Someday...someday...

20. heohongtham profile image60
    heohongthamposted 13 years ago

Beaches in Vietnam like : Phu Quoc Island, Con Dao island are incredible beautiful places

21. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

There are lots of beautiful places in Asia -- Asia is big!

In Southeast Asia, Philippines is a beautiful place if you want to enjoy beautiful beaches, enjoy the tropic, harvests and views, mountains, rolling hills, terraces, surfing, diving sites you name it..... wonderful people different culture compared to the rest

22. nepalihub profile image62
    nepalihubposted 13 years ago

Checkout Nepal.... Truly spectacular.

23. lilian_sg profile image65
    lilian_sgposted 13 years ago

each Asian country is unique and on my travels so far I have enjoyed visiting each country. The countries I have visited so far are South Korea (Seoul and Jeju), Thailand (Bangkok and Chiangmai) , China (various places like Beijing and Suzhou, Hong Kong too), Indonesia (Bali). And of course, as a Malaysian I have visited various places in Malaysia like Kota Kinabalu and Penang. Also, now that I stay in Singapore, Singapore too! Each place has its own pros and cons.

24. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

Coxs bazaar the longest sand beach of the world in Bangladesh
    Sundarban the largest mangrove forest of the world in Bangladesh
    There are also three world heritage sites in Bangladesh
    Almost 7000 rives creating a web throughout the country and also beautiful islands in the Bay of Bengals make Bangladesh a must visit country.

25. MsCookM profile image60
    MsCookMposted 13 years ago

Amanpulo in Palawan, Philippines. Extremely beautiful island. You can't resist the beautiful water, sand and everything from that place.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)