Who Framed Jesus

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (102 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I watched a program last night on History channel called who framed Jesus.
      Did anyone else watch it; If so what is your take on it.

1. dogluver1 profile image59
      dogluver1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I saw that too! lol

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I saw a commerciall for it. My take on the commercial was..nobody framed Jesus.

Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well it went through the diffrent scenerio about Judus, Pilot, The high priest etc talking about what each of them were suposed to have said and done, discussed why each might have and might have done what is told that they did.

1. profile image0

it was all prophicied.
          they did what they were supposed to do? I thought.
          what if Judas hadnt done his thing?
          would we all NOT be saved? would Jesus still be here, on earth all..
          but? but? Im supposed to be back in heaven by now?

1. Hokey profile image61
            Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paradox warning.

How can something be prophecy  and man have free will. To say it is prophecy is to say it is destined. That negates free will.

1. profile image0

smile  Im just saying according to the bible it was prophicied he would die, innocent. so OBVIOSLY he had to be framed so I didnt get the point of making a movie?

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
                Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Justine! We have a Buddhist Thread now. Wanna come and visit?

2. Dim Flaxenwick profile image81
                Dim Flaxenwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so right , Justine. The bible prophesy told the jews that a Messiah would come and die for them. It doesn't "negate free-will" Just means that Jesus died willingly for us. The whole thing is far too interesting and complicated to be sorted out on this forum. I don't know why people gewt in such a tizzy over other people's opinions. Sheesh !!!!

2. profile image54
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Based on what? The bible?

You're late (Q) The OP is at work, and we ran it all down. It is about a History Channel program of the same name. No real debate.

Ironically, later down the page you will find we came to the decision world hunger is a more reasonable subject for debate. As one of your two hubs is on that subject perhaps we are all on the same page after all.

3. samboiam profile image59
      samboiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My grandmother framed Jesus. She had him in an 8x10. lol

1. profile image0

holy cow. that is funny!!!!!

1. adrienne2 profile image66
          adrienne2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now that is funny love it!!

2. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. Cly Walsh profile image60
      Cly Walshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Considering there isn't a shred of evidence he existed as a mortal or otherwise I'll take Potent Potables for 200.

1. Cagsil profile image72
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really? Are you absolutely positive about that? hmm

1. Cly Walsh profile image60
          Cly Walshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, on second thoughts I'll take Anal Bum Cover for 600.

5. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I watched it to and I have to agree Judas possibly framed Jesus I love the history channel. smile

Dim Flaxenwickposted 14 years ago

I didn't see the programme, Who framed Jesus? but I can read.! There's no room for doubt in the gospels that the Pharisees and other religious leaders framed him for blasphemy. Heck, they even tried to kill Lazarus after Jesus had resurrected him .!!!! Worst case of trying to destroy the evidence I've ever read.

the point that stuck out in my mind was how the three stories in the Gospels progressively exalt the inocence of the Roman Governments involvment. According to the storyline in the show this was not likely.
        The Rome Empire was COMPLETELY inocent according to the scripture that the Roman Catholic Church chose to put in their cannon.  This was my take on the story.
        I believe in the God of Abraham though I have doubts as to the accuracy of the NT.

You hit the nail on the head there Jerami. The church gives us what we have of these letters that were over time copied by monks, scribes.

The reality is, and many argue, The Christ (whichever incarnation you choose to believe him to be, Horus, Mithra, All the rest) Was predicted to die, so he had to die. The stories all hold one common thread, he told Judas to "do what you must do"

That being said, the story should be that he had himself betrayed because without his death there would be no resurrection, no fulfillment of prophecy, he betrayed himself.

Ha   Faybe  leave the computer and as soon as ya bo someons says ha... 
            The show was intresting giving diffrent views as to what is written on diffrent things.  The non I mentioned above realy stuck out for me. And the Judus thing also. Jesus said" Go do what you must do"  Like a command.

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But you believe the show???

I watch the diffrent views concerning why diffrent people might or might not instigate the killing.
            Thought about which story made sence in my beliefs.
          As I said  "MY beliefs"

1. profile image0

Yes, I can read..

1. earnestshub profile image79
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't buy the trinity Deborah? smile

1. profile image0

No..not the way Christians believe it. My Spiritual tool which is the Kabbalah..is based on Psychology...Jung was a Mystic too...

2. Jerami profile image58

Wasn't repeating for your benefit.
                Was waiting for someone else to say "can you prove that"
              And to tell the truth I can not even prove that I believe anything. HUMM

3. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Zealots are big into killing each other, it's a biblical thing. lol

4. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Who framed Jesus ?

His Father. Who else ?

You got that right.   But who got framed for killing him?

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nobody.
        there's no record.
        all the guilt falls on his Father.

God.

The only records that are avaliable on this issue is the bible that Rome put together. So of course the Jews proclamed that they accept the blame and The governor that ordered it be done is inocent.

Even the Bible does not blame the Jews, I'm gonna have to go look it up now.

You might be right. That might be one of those things that is interpretater or jist made up that I learned from watching TV.  laying dormate in the back of my mind. I think it is in there??

John from  19:12 and Luke 23:20 thru 24             
                    seeming to say that Pilot wanted to let him go but the Jews insisted. I was thinking that the Jews said that they accept any blame but I'm not sure if it is actually written in the bible.

No I will find it.

Hey Faybe Bay,

You don't have to find it. It's already know how and why Jesus had to die. The question is how many people know the truth and can actually take from the bible what's need and vacate the mythology of most of it's parts?

Usually, it is done by ministers, scholars and the educated elite, per se.

The average person is left to figure it out for themselves, so much of the translation or understanding of the bible itself and it's significance is misleading.

It's unfortunate, but does happen when people are corrupted.

Dear Faybebay, The bible DOES blame the jews for killing Jesus, just not All of them Many jews became Jesus' followers.  But if you check out John chapter 11  from verse 44 onwards, you'll see how some of the jews who'd witnessed the resurrection of Lazarus went straight to the Pharisees, (also jews) verse 53 "Therefore from that day on they took counsel to kill him"

Yes and As I said, this thread was started about the history channel show "Who framed Jesus."
                  Pharisees are priests of a sect, so are sadducees, but who had the greatest to gain by killing him? The royalty, they just didn't want his blood on their hands. The church and state were co-existent. The Temples doubled as banks. Lending sacrifices for later pay. They did not want this to end, and the King did not want a revolution. The Leaders conspired, and then "moved the crowd" to ask for Barrabas and crucify Christ.

Now that I have defended that point of view, if you read down the page you will see the question is really why did Rome want to make everyone believe that it was the Jewish Multitude who crucified Jesus?

Debate has ended, Jerami is at work, and his wounds have been eased.

1. Dim Flaxenwick profile image81

OK. Seems fair to me.

2. profile image0
              Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually it does.
              Acts 4: 10 specifically names the Israelites as Jesus's crucifiers.
              But Paul's accusation was also an accusation to ALL non-believers, in effect.  He's telling all the people that Jesus died for them, and testifying to the fact that it's because of Jesus that he himself (Paul) is standing before them.
              And I will add that it's not so much a "blame-placing" (since Jesus willingly gave up His life) as it is that Paul is trying to get them to understand the magnitude of what had happened----that Jesus was the ONE who died to save them from their sins.

2. tantrum profile image61

Those are only suppositions.
            And if Jesus is God's son, as you Christians believe,He died for our sins by God's orders. So the only one to blame in this story is God.

I'm just saying what it said.
                 Didn't say I agree with it.

Here, try this Matthew 27 :15-26 It is the priests in every case, who are angered. and in each scenario "move the people" to request the release of Barrabbas. Another reason I do not follow "religions".
                I each gospel if you back up a few verses, it is the priests, not the Jewish people.

I went to a few churches for a while a couple of times.
                    Quit going when I noticed that no one liked my asking the tough questions.  Wasn't trying to be a trouble maker just wanted an answer and when they wouldn't answer I had to tell um what I thought the answer must be. And I was going to keep that concept till they could give me a better one.
                     Like I said  They don't like me no matter how much they said they loved me.

That was it Matt 27:25   "..His blood be on us and all of our childre".
                    Can you imagine they realy said that?
                    I think that this might have been added in this book for political reasons.

You have already seen what I believe Jerami, I told you, you are mathematically advanced of me. That being said, I will discuss further with you the sins of the father.

It is this. The sins are not "Paid for" by the children, They are not "suffered for" by the children.
                    It means that children see what their fathers do, and mimic that. It takes ten generations for a child to finally say "Hey, my daddy was wrong and so was his daddy and his before him... This is right."

2. Andrew0208 profile image57
              Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The issue of sacrifice has to be totally understood, we should ask what was the essence of His death to mankind? We ought to understand spiritually why His blood was sacrificed for reconciliation of man with God. In fact Jesus was framed by God's Word to fulfill this great purpose. It's beyond the comprehension of self, religion and science.

3. profile image0

The Jews say this ..Huh???

I didn't say they did..
              I am saying the bible says they did.

5. earnestshub profile image79

I reckon it was wodger wabbit! smile

1. profile image0

I was going to say Roger Rabbit..but he was framed too..was it maybe....Jessica?

6. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

Reminds me of a scene from "Asterix The Gaul!" The pirates' ship has been smashed to smithereens and each of them is hanging on to a piece of wood from the debris which helps them to stay afloat. The leader exclaims, "We've been framed, by Jericho!"

An asterisk at the end of that statement points to an explanatory note at the bottom which says, "Jericho - An ancient Gaulish artist."

lol lol lol

7. earnestshub profile image79

Yep! God killed himself! lol

1. tantrum profile image61

That's why he's nowhere to be seen !!
      lol

That is kinda what the story says.

Suicide by God proxy. lol lol

2. profile image0

Christ was not and is not God..maybe you should stop watching TV to learn about your religion...

8. Jerami profile image58

I rote a comment the other day about getting up early one morning, knowing that it had snowed all night,
      I got up went rabit hunting in the new snow.
      Followed the rabit tracks for hours never to see that little rascle Wabbit. Even though I never saw it, I am sure that it exists.

Found out later that at first light them little rascles will run in circles many times to cover it's scent before it returns to its burrow. Probably watched me all along...getting ready to catch it.

9. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

At the time of Jesus, the Religious Educated Elite were in rule. This was associated with "religious teachings", which Jesus refused to teach.

With Jesus' refusal, it was him signing his own death warrant. The religious leaders found him a threat to their religious teachings and had him executed for NO CRIME at all.

It wasn't blasphemy, because Jesus was speaking the truth. The Truth was that Religion's "GOD" didn't exist and accused their actions as being evil.

The only damn reason people even think about 'sin' is because of Religious teachings, for which, you are not suppose to follow, under any circumstances. Religion's "GOD" and it's "Will" is nothing but a hoax.

Hidden away in Religious teachings is Jesus' work, only because after his execution....to incorporate the masses, they add his work, and came up with Christianity.

Jesus' last name wasn't Christ.

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe Jesus wasn't his first name, either. wink

10. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

After all this time, why are people still pointing fingers and trying to find someone to blame? Didn't Jesus preach forgiveness?
    If He was OK with the result, why aren't we?
    Let it go, whether you believe it or not.

The  question isn't who dun it..

But why was the story leaning in the direction that it leans.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Meaning what...?
        That it blames someone?

I just think that the way in which the story is told was told the way that it was for political purposes.
            I think that the basic story as told is true.
            But the spin doctors edited the new testament.
          And There was much more that should have been included.

2. Faybe Bay profile image64

Hey Rochelle, it goes back to why "people" think the Jews killed Jesus. It is just the age old debate, but now this History channel thing brought up some of the conclusions. Jerami, wants to know if it was a political/religious assassination of the Jews.

Well I still don't think it matters-- because it is not supposed to be about group blame or guilt. Forgiveness is the message.

11. Jerami profile image58

I'm going to roll out of bed in about six hours so

Good night yaul

12. karlscabin profile image60
    karlscabinposted 14 years ago

I know EXACTLY who framed Jesus. Leonardo Da Vinci did, right after he painted the last supper.

That's not in a frame-- It's on a wall of Milan's Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie.

13. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I thought he got nailed after the last supper?? hmm

14. terrowhite profile image57
    terrowhiteposted 14 years ago

No one can frame Jesus! its Almighty! people come and go but jesus watches and stays forever.. even on the doomsday it will be there.. its a human but came from teh etarnal world..

15. Jerami profile image58

Every one is correct with what they said above
    . In truth it was not the Jewish people, their priests, nor the blame of Judas.

My question is why does scripture tell the story the way it does. Why does it place the blame every place but The Roman Government.
      For over 250 years the Romans attempted to do away with Christianity and could not do it.  If christianity could not be destroyed they had to at least get a handle on it.
      When Constantine established the Universal Church, He was the supreme authority over this Church.
      History was re written at that time
      The books that were included in the canon was stratigicly selected and called the inspired of God.  From that day forward Christianity started going a diffrent path. 
        It seems we see the facts that we want to see.
    And understand them the way we want to. Close our eyes to that that we do not want to see.

I understand your frustration Jerami. It is an age old debate. People have spent more time working out what should or should not be in the Bible, and what it is all supposed to mean, than they have on solving the problem of poverty.

Imagine, taking the number of scholars it has taken over the years, to compile, translate and print this compilation of ancient writings; add to that the work and rework done each time it has been translated into other languages; add to this the number of translations in the English language alone. Now, count the names and the years and imagine those same numbers working out a solution to world hunger and poverty.

Words written and translated thousands of years ago, and people are still starving in our world. How many hours, Jerami, will you agonize over something that happened before any of us were born.

This is why I do not debate words written by people I never met. It is not productive.

You are a brilliant writer, you have a gift I could never hope to achieve myself, interpretation and math, together in one mind. Use your brilliance, let go of the past mistakes of people we never met.

I am humbled by your words.. And you are correct that we should live in the present and take care of our problems of today.

Before I go to fix a hole in somebody elses sheetrock.
        (gotta make a living)  I want to share some of grandpas wisdom.
          If ya want to fix what is wrong in your life ya gotta figure out what ya did wrong ta get ya to where you'r at. Stop doing whatever that is and life will soon get back like it is suposed to be.
          Religion in my opinion took a wrong turn someplace. Or it wouldn't be in the condition it is in.
          Instead of fighting about where we are and the stuff that is going on;  we should figure out how to get back to where we are suposed to be.

Any way   ..   sigh,..  Yaul have a great day .. while I go slaveing around the neighborhood.

Good luck Jerami, and yes we have much to fix. But it has to be started one on one, a single person at a time. Taking on a system never works. History will show I am right. In every revolution the purpose was lost. One person at a time will work globally. I am looking for some quotes, have a great day at work.

16. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Roger Rabbit smile

17. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

I think the same guy that framed Roger Rabbit, framed Jesus. roll

18. Jerami profile image58

Hay Hay...
    hello Mr Hokey

Hockey 
    Paradox warning.
      How can something be prophecy  and man have free will. To say it is prophecy is to say it is destined. That negates free will.

To answer the question ...  It's kinda like getting on a cruse ship.. Ya might say that it is propesied that you are going to Jamica You have free will...  play shuffelboard, poker at the bar, swim in the pool chase girls , whatever ya want to;... You have free will...
        BUT  you'r goin to Jamica.

Nice! I like that. We may have to start a new thread. This one has been up and down all day. I have been trying to act as bouncer.

That's an interesting role to accept..... lol lol

And, depending on what frame of mind one is in it could be very, very interesting. lol lol lol lol lol

Maybe I should have said Peacemaker... big_smile

Naw....that doesn't work any better, but I'm sure you probably would look good in Military clothing wear? Hmmmm..... lol

Are you sprouting wings now?

Now, what in the world would make you say that? smile wink

I saw that..  You'r a good friend...

I think this is a good subject that has a lot of potential to bridge a number of  Intresting issues when we really think about it.

Yeah, about that. We have a Buddhist thread for Cagsils and non-Cagsils, with no arguing. It's peaceful. smile

lol lol lol lol lol

Interesting? smile

Don't get a swelled head.

Goina check it out.  Back in a few

19. Jerami profile image58

If we realy think about it  ???  Ya stop and think about if political propiganda entered into the New testament concerning this issue I ask myself What does this mean?  How ? and why?    And how deep did this go?  All kind of questions come to mind.

It was about money. It is always about money.

20. Jerami profile image58

My computer is running slower than molasses in January.
      And kicking me off of HP . Bet it needs to be hospitalized.
    Lost sp ck a couple of days ago. can ya tell?
       Goinna shut down and reboot.   That is about all I know how to do.  cleared cookies yeaterday.  Maybe it's mad.

21. Jerami profile image58

There were hundreds if not thousands of writtings that were written after the crucifixion and before the establishment of the Universal church in 326 AD.  I find it intresting that those writtings that were accepted into the canon were mostly favorable to Rome?  The persicution of Christians biblicaly speaking were mostly carried out by the Jewish religious leaders.

It is through other historical records that we understand  the extent of Roman persicution towards Christians .

Most people forget that for almost 300 years the Roman Empire attemped to exterminate Christians.
      And then all of a sudden a Roman Emperor desides to gather all the Church leaders together and gets them to agree with a particular doctrine having him (Constantine) as the ultimate authority over the Universal Church.
       No wonder that the selection of writtings selected as scripture will show Rome in the most favorable light as ispossible.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)