Now I'm really mad! Someone hacked my adsense account.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

I just got a notice from Adsense that I was displaying ads on an adult picture blog.  I did no such thing!  I can only think that my standing up against things like that here (which is the only place I've done it) ticked someone off, and they hacked my account. 

I won't accuse staff, but it would be really easy for someone to get my adsense information from my records here.  This needs to be addressed, and I'm going to be writing to staff now.

I've asked Google to investigate, but if this has started, no doubt this person is trying to get me banned from Adsense, and it won't stop.

Hopefully, I will not lose my account.  I think that Google will be able to see that I have never done such things before.  They did not suspend my account.

Whoever is doing this, you will not like me when I'm mad.  I'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth, and make sure that it's YOUR Adsense account that is blocked, not mine!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Anyone could have looked at the source code of any page you are running AdSense on and extracted your affiliate ID. As I wrote in my email to you, you can set Google to only display your AdSense ID on certain domains at https://www.google.com/adsense/publisher-whitelist-view so that you can be sure this doesn't happen again.

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your AdSense publisher id is displayed plainly in the source of any page that you are displaying ads on, be it a blog, another website, or on HubPages.  Everyone can see it, and anyone could take it and place it on another site.  Google well knows this, and I'm sure you can clear things up with them easily enough ...

2. jyuva profile image58
    jyuvaposted 15 years ago

This has happened to so many one more thread on this topic
    Here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/8331

3. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

Your account has not necesarily been hacked, it could be just a mistake when the owner of the site has typed the account ID. Or it`s just someone playing around with your adsense ID. Anyone can use your adsense ID on any sites they may have (if you view the source code of a web-page you`ll notice the Adsense Java Script codes easily), most of the people use this method to harm others.

Alex

4. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

Thanks for the information.  I just think it is very strange that it happened right after I put up that hub.  There is no other reason for anyone to pick MY i.d. to do this with, and in such a manner.  I  just hate this!  I'm thinking of taking adsense off of all of my sites.

5. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

Adsense is not the best option when we are talking about very small publishers. Anyone needs at least 500,000 page views every month to live decent. Most of the people aren`t optimizing their sites so Adsense will not pay better than a few cents per click. I`m not saying that you`ll be better of removing adsense but there are some other ways of monetizing sites or blogs way better than Adsense, it depends on every niche.

smile

6. profile image0
    daflaposted 15 years ago

I'm of the mind that every penny counts, so the ads aren't hurting anything.  I tried the affiliate marketing stuff on my blogs, and it didn't work.  I'm not good at marketing.  I really hate having to keep changing the ads, etc.  I also hate reading affiliate stuff, so I don't want to write it.  I don't even know if I've made any money on any of my affiliate stuff other than here, because I never check.  I doubt it, as I didn't really try to push it.

I'm not a very aggressive marketer.  My bad, I guess, but that's just me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)