Are you getting the H1N1 (Swine Flu) vaccine?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (70 posts)
  1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 14 years ago

I did a quick poll on a Swine Fly vaccine hub, and almost 70% of the people who responded are not getting a shot - OK so it's only out of 19 people so far - but is that representative of the Hub community? I for one won't be - but we're still talking to the doctor's regarding my pregnant daughter!

1. thaninja profile image42
      thaninjaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wrote all of my reasons for not getting the shot here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/the-swine-flu-vaccine

2. myweightlossplan profile image62
      myweightlossplanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Recently I've read how three women took the shot and shortly there after all three were in the emergency room delivering dead babies. Please, I have a list of the ingredients in that shot. They are all posions. One would make you sick, but that list is enough to kill anyone. Tell her not to take it. It's making everyone I know that took it very sick. In the Ukrain people are dropping like flies and dying everwhere. They've even quarentined the whole place. My sources are from Germany.

3. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got one.  smile

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i won't be getting it. too scary. of course i will probably regret that when i come down with the dreaded germ neutral

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious as to what is so scary about the swine flu vaccine.

1. mulder profile image66
        mulderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe these  reasons 

Ten things you're not supposed to know about the swine flu vaccine
        (At least, not by anyone in authority...)

#1 - The vaccine production was "rushed" and the vaccine has never been tested on humans. Do you like to play guinea pig for Big Pharma? If so, line up for your swine flu vaccine this fall...

#2 - Swine flu vaccines contain dangerous adjuvants that cause an inflammatory response in the body. This is why they are suspected of causing autism and other neurological disorders.

#3 - The swine flu vaccine could actually increase your risk of death from swine flu by altering (or suppressing) your immune system response. There is zero evidence that even seasonal flu shots offer any meaningful protection for people who take the jabs. Vaccines are the snake oil of modern medicine.

#4 - Doctors still don't know why the 1976 swine flu vaccines paralyzed so many people. And that means they really have no clue whether the upcoming vaccine might cause the same devastating side effects. (And they're not testing it, either...)

#5 - Even if the swine flu vaccine kills you, the drug companies aren't responsible. The U.S. government has granted drug companies complete immunity against vaccine product liability. Thanks to that blanket immunity, drug companies have no incentive to make safe vaccines, because they only get paid based on quantity, not safety (zero liability).

#6 - No swine flu vaccine works as well as vitamin D to protect you from influenza. That's an inconvenient scientific fact that the U.S. government, the FDA and Big Pharma hope the people never realize.

#7 - Even if the swine flu vaccine actually works, mathematically speaking if everyone else around you gets the vaccine, you don't need one! (Because it can't spread through the population you hang with.) So even if you believe in the vaccine, all you need to do is encourage your friends to go get vaccinated...

#8 - Drug companies are making billions of dollars from the production of swine flu vaccines. That money comes out of your pocket -- even if you don't get the jab -- because it's all paid by the taxpayers.

#9 - When people start dying in larger numbers from the swine flu, rest assured that many of them will be the very people who got the swine flu vaccine. Doctors will explain this away with their typical Big Pharma logic: "The number saved is far greater than the number lost." Of course, the number "saved" is entirely fictional... imaginary... and exists only in their own warped heads.

#10 - The swine flu vaccine centers that will crop up all over the world in the coming months aren't completely useless: They will provide an easy way to identify large groups of really stupid people. (Too bad there isn't some sort of blue dye that we could tag 'em with for future reference...)

Original source?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
            Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wanna bet it came in an email?

I thought it must have been a list of instructions a person gets when they buy a panic button. wink

2. mulder profile image66
            mulderposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  3. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

NO

4. profile image56
    C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

No, but I normally don't get a flu shot anyway.

5. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I would refuse it if offered it, I would hate to see it be forced or required!

6. rmcrayne profile image92
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Nope.  Since I'm no longer active duty, it's not required.  I've been taking a homeopathic for 3 months.

7. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Nope.  Since I no longer work with the general public, I'm not as high risk.

8. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

I'm not but I'm currently unemployed so less likely to get sick and not wiling to spend money for vaccine.

9. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Not on a ten dollar bet.

10. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I have Lupus, so I can not have it because it contains a live virus..but they loaded me down with tamiflu caps because we had a bad outbreak in my area 3 weeks ago and the schools were actually so low in attendance a few closed for a couple days

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't realize that people with Lupus shouldn't have the shot - makes sense with the weakened immune system - my wife has Lupus, I'll let her know - and update my Lupus hub! Thanks for the info.

2. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google 'Miracle Mineral Solution' it will probably deal with your Lupus (and NO I don't have any connection with anybody selling it, I just read about it and it seems to be good stuff put out by a non profit charity, it has been shown to deal with malaria IN FOUR DAYS! - so go check it out, I know nothing more than I have read.

I have an article about H1N1 and vaccines on my hubs also.

1. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

....and for what it's worth there is no way I would take the vaccine!

11. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Got it today!

1. jentime profile image55
      jentimeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So hos is your health been since your swine flu vaccine?

12. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

no shot for me. I think I already had the flu, got over it, and so, doesnt that make me immune? Even if it wasnt the swine flu, I dont go out much, so Im not real worried.

13. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I had flu shot vaccine one month ago. I dont think I will get the H1N1 vaccine!

14. mulder profile image66
    mulderposted 14 years ago

No way its got mercury  in it and its untested so no one knows want the side effects are  ?  my sister a nurse she wont take it    and most of the  nurses she works with  wont   even take it  its just  another way of drug compaines and Doctors makeing money   out of a hype up  flu .The thing is   swine flu is no diffrent then other   flu but of course the media and drug companies  have gone overboard  to make a big deal of it  olive leaf extract and aged garlic also green and  white  tea  and rooibos   tea will keep you free the swine flu or least keep you healthy  to avoid  it .

1. profile image0
      Millionheirposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree it is a pharmaceutical h!ype

15. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

it is indeed a great marketing concept, based on fears instilled by the bush administration. there are medical professionals who will tell you that its symptoms are not all that they're being promoted to be.

it is indeed a great american pig's tale.

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, Bush isn't president now -

in case you haven't noticed

1. blue dog profile image59
        blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

like anything of great damage, it leaves a messy wake.

in case you haven't noticed.

16. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Nope.

17. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

Not a chance.  I was offered the shot and refused it at my last doctors visit.  I don't get the seasonal flu shot either.

18. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

No.  I am allergic to eggs which most vaccines are based in.

I've had the flu for over four weeks now.  Two weeks ago last Friday I was prescribed an antibiotic even though I told the nurse practitioner that my sister has been diagnosed with two different things and prescribed two different antibiotics by the same doctor, that did not help.  I was just trying to shorten the time seeing my sister and I thought we remembered having something similar for about six weeks last year at this time.  I wasn't really that bad before I was prescribed the antibiotic.  I started to feel worse after taking the antibiotic, I stopped it after three days because I was so short of breath.

Seeing the medical establishment just needs to work part time to make more money than they know what to do with these days, again my regular doctor was off this Friday afternoon (Oct 23rd).  So the appointment with the doctor on call was more an argument about whether the antibiotic made things worse or not.  Because I have asthma this doctor prescribed prednisone pills to replace my morning puff of advair 500 mcg and said to check back in a week if things don't improve.

Things didn't improve much in a week but I wanted to go to my own doctor for a change so last Friday I made an appointment to see her yesterday (Nov. 2nd).  I first made sure that antibiotic that I had the bad reaction to was still on my file, well first I had to prove it to my doctor again that it was the culprit.  Then I made sure that it showed on my file that I am allergic to eggs (it didn't, sheesh) just in case something happen and I was "accidentally" given the vaccine.  My doctor checked my lungs, ordered a lung x-ray and offered me another antibiotic.

Obviously I passed on the antibiotic and told her I don't think they should be prescribed to people that have a virus.  She said the idea of it is to prescribe the antibiotic 7 to 10 days after the patient gets the virus, after the incubation period.  She admitted that an antibiotic can cause complications if prescribed during the incubation period.

Let's think about this for a minute, we have traditionally been told that a virus should run it's course in 7 to 10 days.  But in the last couple of years it's taking some people 4 to 6 weeks to get rid of a virus.  So how in heck are these 'godly' doctors suppose to be able to guess when a virus has passed through the incubation period.

If you are offered an antibiotic when you have a virus I'd suggest you tell your doctor to shove it side ways.

The rest of the appointment with my doctor was basically to tell her how pathetic I thought the vaccine was given out (people waiting in line for hours in the rain with their kids) and how I thought it was the biggest line of crap the medical establishment was telling people that no one has ever got the flu from the vaccine.

With great disappointment in the medical establishment I am now going to go to my pharmacist to see if they can recommend something over the counter to relieve my shortness of breath.

On Sunday I seen on the news that some people are using an alternative called gelsemium to curb the symptoms of the flu.  I will be looking for this if the pharmacist can't suggest something.  Shhh, don't tell anyone from the medical establishment about gelsemium just in case they try to get the government to outlaw it. mad

This thread may be a good place to share what works with each other.

19. ThatFranzKid profile image59
    ThatFranzKidposted 14 years ago

I'm not going to get a vaccine, mostly because I'm already in rather good health, even after catching H1N1 before.

I'd rather the vaccine go to someone with a body less capable of fighting the disease off on its own.

Don't call me a hero--it's mostly that I'm terrified of injections. wink

20. CrystalStarWoman profile image60
    CrystalStarWomanposted 14 years ago

I'm more worried about the vaccine than the swine flu - I won't be getting it!

21. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I've never shot a flu, how do you cook it?

22. Niteriter profile image59
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

I'm with Tex.

23. Jean N Dean profile image60
    Jean N Deanposted 14 years ago

I actually had a doc tell me that it isn't safe. Hasn't been tested enough! No Way!

24. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

I won't get the jab because I had swine flu - it was pretty crap being ill for 3 weeks (I wrote a hub about my experience) but I'd prefer to get my immunity that way than from an immunisation. I guess if loads of people were dying though I'd be more likely to have it.

Just a couple of facts for your interest...

The jab has been tested on humans: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8288688.stm

Every year a new flu vaccine is created for the current strain so this jab is no more rushed than any other.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 … -safe.html

25. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

"#10 - The swine flu vaccine centers that will crop up all over the world in the coming months aren't completely useless: They will provide an easy way to identify large groups of really stupid people. (Too bad there isn't some sort of blue dye that we could tag 'em with for future reference...)"

Funny, when I see long lineups to get the flu I think the opposite..."there actually are sensible people about"

26. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

No.

27. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

The way I figure, there are always risk in everything you do. You might get the vaccine and have something terrible happen. But you could also get hit by a truck. Life does not have any guarantees.

28. Song-Bird profile image69
    Song-Birdposted 14 years ago

I'm not getting it but I am considering it for my son since there have already been so many confirmed cases of the swine flu at his school.

29. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Nope and I am a nurse !

30. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Put me down for NO

31. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

NO!. Never !

32. Make  Money profile image66

My sister just informed me this morning that a friend of her's that works in a nursing home told her that 3 fellow workers booked the day off work with the H1N1 virus the day after all the health workers' at her facility were given the H1N1 vaccine.  My sister also told me that our brother that lives out west has told her that he knows people that have contracted the H1N1 virus after receiving the H1N1 vaccine.

33. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I've been offered the swine flu vaccination (for free I guess) since I have asthma. I was actually going to start a thread about this today but since this one has virtually answered all my questions.

Despite reading this thread I am still unsure. I'm not scared of needles or anything so thats not a problem. I get offered the regular flu vaccine every year but I never get it. Every flu strain is different and the yearly vaccination just protects the most common strain so that's why peoples still get it.

I'm just concerned that if i do end up getting swine flu it's gna give me breathing problems and, i've had asthma attacks and stuff before, there's nothing scarier than not being able to breathe!!

34. Snarky profile image58
    Snarkyposted 14 years ago

No way.  I do not believe the hype.  I think that it makes great 'copy' for the news media and a great excuse for the gov. to become even more involved in our lives.  They say 'jump' and you ask 'How high?'

Then, when all this swine flu passes, they will sit back, pat themselves on the back, and say how wonderful they are for helping us get through this 'Epidemic'.

They are so good to us....ptfhhhh

35. profiler profile image65
    profilerposted 14 years ago

I've just created a hub about the flu vaccine...

I don't recommend it because of my ability to write, or anything.

I think you should see it for PUBLIC HEALTH reasons...

I recommend it because of the video I posted there. It's an interview to a spanish public heath doctor where she states all the irregularities concerning all this swine flu issue and the vaccine!

After seing that video believe me I WON'T GET MY VACCINE!!!

1. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why your Hub didn't show yesterday profiler.  Maybe they take up to 24 hours to propagate the web like a regular web site does.  Anyways that's a very informative Hub.  It looks like I found the right Spanish doctor that you have on your Hub.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Flu-pandemic-Fl … ties-ALERT

36. Make  Money profile image66

Hi profiler, I'm not sure what happened to your Hub regarding the flu vaccine and the spanish doctor cause I looked through all your Hubs but couldn't find it.

For this reason I tried to find the interview with the spanish doctor.  I don't know if this is it or not but the doctor/nun in this video voices some major concerns regarding the vaccine.
    http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=7298827&

I just made a Hub myself with the above video as well as these other two videos with other health care professionals showing major concern over the vaccine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PelTWCUmTsU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=185HKE2c5Gg

It just may come to the point where the people that get the vaccine are the ones that are spreading the flu.

@jenblacksheep
    I also have asthma.  I don't know about you but a lot of asthmatics are allergic to eggs.  Most flu vaccines are based in eggs so I couldn't get the vaccine even if I wanted to.  I think I have already had this flu and lived through it.  The medical establishment didn't help but actually made it worse for me by prescribing antibiotics.  You might want to read my post on the first page of this thread.

1. jenblacksheep profile image69
      jenblacksheepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did read your post. As far as I'm aware I'm not allergic to anything. I eat a fair amount of egg and have never had any problems. I recently had a loada shots when I went away and didn't have any problems with those. Luckily I haven't actually had flu in years. I get the feeling that whatever I do or don't do will be the wrong thing!

1. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's hard to tell anymore isn't it.  All the best Jen.

37. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I just got over having the swine flu, so I guess the vac. is pointless now.  I wouldn't have gotten it either way though.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

glad your better
      the whole point of a virus is to mutate
      the reason extreme viruses exist is over use of immunizations

38. EJF PRO profile image61
    EJF PROposted 14 years ago

Yes I am getting it and so are my kids.

39. hannzach profile image66
    hannzachposted 14 years ago

I have asthma also, and have been offered the vaccine, but after reading about it on the internet, I'm really not sure what to do. My partner was diagnosed with swine flu in the summer, which he caught from me - but I thought I just had a bad cold until he got diagnosed through NHS direct in the UK. So, if I did have it, I'm probably immune to it now.

40. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

F*** no!  You won't make a zombie out of me!

41. europewalker profile image77
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

No thanks.

42. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

Hell no!!! Too many questions...

43. Elisa Yager profile image60
    Elisa Yagerposted 14 years ago

Even though there is 25% absence rate at my daughter's high school she and I are not getting the vaccine.  The vaccine contains mercury and will do more harm than good. 

Increase (or start taking) D-3 consumption.  4000 - 5000 IU's per day is a good amount to boost your immune system.  It will take a while to get you to the point where you will be resiliant to the virus but NOW is a good time to start.

You can get D-3 fairly inexpensively at Wal-Mart.  I purchased a bottle of 100 - 5000 IU's for about five bucks.  Once the 100 gel tabs are done (about early February) I'll check to see how strong the virus is in my area and, if need be, take another 100.  If the virus is weakening I'll drop it down to 1000 IU's. If you spend a lot of time in the sun you may not need as much.  (I don't - the sun gives me migraines!).  Check online or ask your doc for further information (but don't be surprised if your doc poo-poo's it altogether!

Here's to a HEALTHY 2010.

44. Cora Write profile image59
    Cora Writeposted 14 years ago

No, I keep my immune system well boosted all the time and it looks after me without artificial products like vaccines.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A lot of us don't have that choice.

I believe in vaccines, imagine where we would be now without them. The benefits far outweigh the risks.

45. DentalSolutionsEU profile image59
    DentalSolutionsEUposted 14 years ago

Absolutely not. H1N1 is less dangerous than any other seasonal flu, the vaccine is untested, and I believe there is more harm than good in this scenario.

46. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60
    TheAllSeeingEyeposted 14 years ago

1976: Fear of a great plague
    By PAUL MICKLE / The Trentonian
    On the cold afternoon of February 5, 1976, an Army recruit told his drill instructor at Fort Dix that he felt tired and weak but not sick enough to see military medics or skip a big training hike.

Within 24 hours, 19-year-old Pvt. David Lewis of Ashley Falls, Mass., was dead, killed by an influenza not seen since the plague of 1918-19, which took 500,000 American lives and 20 million worldwide.

Two weeks after the recruit's death, health officials disclosed to America that something called "swine flu" had killed Lewis and hospitalized four of his fellow soldiers at the Army base in Burlington County.

The ominous name of the flu alone was enough to touch off civilian fear of an epidemic. And government doctors knew from tests hastily conducted at Dix after Lewis' death that 500 soldiers had caught swine flu without falling ill.

Any flu able to reach that many people so fast was capable of becoming another worldwide plague, the doctors warned, raising these questions:

Does America mobilize for mass inoculations in time to have everybody ready for the next flu season? Or should the country wait to see if the new virus would, as they often do, get stronger to hit harder in the second year?

Thus was born what would become known to some medical historians as a fiasco and to others as perhaps the finest hour of America's public health bureaucracy.

Only young Lewis died from the swine flu itself in 1976. But as the critics are quick to point out, hundreds of Americans were killed or seriously injured by the inoculation the government gave them to stave off the virus.

Link http://www.capitalcentury.com/1976.html

Will they get it right this time? Or will history repeat itself all over again?

47. lorlie6 profile image71
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Not me.  My husband came down with it around 3 weeks ago, and I never caught it.  I must admit I take loads of vitamins, and I will continue to take them as long as a doctor will prescribe them-I haven't had any sort of flu in 2 years.

48. asipple profile image60
    asippleposted 14 years ago

I was totally against it for my son who is 18 months old. The state requires day care kids to have the regular flu shot, which I am also against. I hate the fact that I would have to give up a decent daycare because of my beliefs based on what a corrupt government decides I should do with MY kids. I talked to my doctor, (he's seen me naked, lol) and you have to trust someone if they're playing with your testicles, and he gave me pros and cons. I went with the shot for my son. I took the risk, as the benefit outweighed the consequence. He is absolutely perfect! If I was wrong or right, he has not been sick or autistic or had any of the nightmare side effects that are scaring people. No mercury poisoning. All that said, I know it's all hype. Drug companies profiting off of scared masses. It was covered under my insurance. If there is a killer flu, he may not die. If there is not, no harm no foul.

49. profile image53
    nerkitposted 14 years ago

I've gotten the swine flu shot and I'm still living. I haven't had any major or unusual health problems. I had to get it since I have asthma. For pregnant women though, I'm not sure if and/or how the vaccine would affect them. I would definitly seek a doctor's advice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)