Homophobia on hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (151 posts)
  1. Antecessor profile image67
    Antecessorposted 14 years ago

homophobia - negative feelings towards gays, generally stemming from a secret desire to be gay.

Why do you think there are so many homophobic hubs on hubpages. If I published a hub about how black people shouldnt be in public would I be allowed to keep it up? What if I wrote about the parts of genesis that says black people are to serve whites? Should hate speech be allowed on hubpages?

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It seems a lot of people desire to be gay.

Everywhere, some hate speech is aloud and some isn't. It's the way Society is formed. It's called  Hypocrisy

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Umm...
      Talk about "hate speech"!
      This post of yours is hate speech if anything is!
      I can tell you what to do with your false accusations toward straight people, but I won't right now.

Where's the hate speech, Brenda, if it's not on your mind ?

2. RKHenry profile image64
        RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are out of line.  You've been reported.

3. Antecessor profile image67
        Antecessorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How is asking questions about homophobia and racism a form of hate speech? Seriously explain yourself.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let's see...

First you generalize people by insinuating that straight people secretly want to be gay.

Then you lump the practice of sodomy into the same category as skin color.

And all the while accusing Christians of racism with your reference to the Bible.

First of all, the word "homophobia" was apparently coined by someone who's actually HETEROPHOBIC.

Second of all, it's not gays that most Christians hate;  it's the crappy sexual activities they engage in.
          Hate the sin; Love the person---yes that's possible and it's what we do.
          "We", or at least I and most real Christians, do hate the particular gay agenda which tries to legitimatize sodomy in the USA by turning it into Law.
          I and anyone else has the right, both morally and socially, to hate a nasty agenda.
          Yet we are so often accused of hating a certain group of people, falsely accused.

Now that I've "explained myself",  it's you who should explain your own words.

Let's see...

First you generalize people by insinuating that straight people secretly want to be gay. -BD

I said homophobic people, not straight people.
            "homophobia - negative feelings towards gays, generally stemming from a secret desire to be gay." - OP

Then you lump the practice of sodomy into the same category as skin color. - BD

That you cannot see that racism and homophobia are the same things SUGGESTS that you are a homophobe.

And all the while accusing Christians of racism with your reference to the Bible. - BD

Genesis 9:25-27: "Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers. He also said, 'Blessed be the Lord, the God of Shem! May Canaan be the slave of Shem. May God extend the territory of Japheth; may Japeth live in the tents of Shem and may Canaan be his slave'. "

Christians traditionally believed that Canaan had settled in Africa. The dark skin of Africans became associated with this "curse of Ham." Thus slavery of Africans became religiously justifiable.

First of all, the word "homophobia" was apparently coined by someone who's actually HETEROPHOBIC. - BD

Sure, and the word racist was coined by ???

Second of all, it's not gays that most Christians hate;  it's the crappy sexual activities they engage in.
            Hate the sin; Love the person---yes that's possible and it's what we do. - BD

Thats you unsupported opinion, you have the right to that opinion, you do not have the right to restrict gays based on your opinion.

Well, you're very smart !
              And I agree on everything!

2. profile image54
            (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was the pun intended, Brenda?  big_smile

3. JOE BARNETT profile image61
            JOE BARNETTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BRENDA- a perfect response to this thread!!the 1% is telling the 99% that they are crazy ha ha ha. succintly put!

4. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm a straight person and I was not offended. I did not assume that the accusation of homophobia applied to me here just because I am straight.

3. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really disagree with your opening statement. Homophobia seems more to do with a fear of something different than being secretly gay. I'm sure some secretly gay people use homophobic speech to deflect from their own homosexuality, but that does not make all homophobic people gay.

Not a very good use of logic.

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

homophobia on hubpages?  hmmm...i guess maybe in the religious forums, that might be the case.  However, I've really noticed it everywhere else, nor was i aware the majority of hubbers were that way.  i could care less if someone is gay here or not, as that's their life and not mine.  just as long as they don't hit on me, then we're good. other than that, i have no problem with gay people.

5. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have not seen many hubs on being homophobic , in fact I ready many hubs and not have actually ran across but one in the 2 1/2 years I have been here. Where are you finding these? I don't care if people are gay, lesbian etc. and from what I have seen the majority of hubbers do not care either.

The Bible also does not say that Black people were enslaved to Whites in the old testament all of the people where in the Middle East. Iran, Iraq, Israel so I am also not clear at where you are going with this.

People can write about anything they choose it is up to us to pass it by or comment. We have freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of expression amongst other things.

So please tell us what hubs are you addressing? smile

6. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"What if I wrote about the parts of genesis that says black people are to serve whites? Should hate speech be allowed on hubpages?"

Well I've written about the curses in Genesis, and shown how they were misconstrued by Japheth folk that wanted an excuse to hold Hamic folk in bondage, (which they were/are in until they come to faith in Christ and get freed anyway...)but I did not need to quote 'black' in my hubs, for I keep to the scriptural facts not my personal slant on something.

As has been said, hate speech is not allowed on the Hub, nor anywhere else in public nowadays.

So I guess we could say that people who hate things are actually being persecuted by those who deny them the right to express a personal opinion in public?

I think Stalin and Hitler played like that also!

We either set out some agreed rules that dictate what is right and wrong, and ethically the majority opinion should carry the day.... or we allow those in minority who have the most vocal range to rule the roost and subject the majority to their wishes.

How tolerant are you feeling today?

Does your tolerance ONLY apply to those who agree with you, or could it possibly stretch to cover the vast majority of Americans who believe in a God that does not approve of homosexuality (but has nothing against homosexuals)?

Just some thoughts...

John

7. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well you're not exactly correct when of course it helps your position. Nobody cares what they do as long as they don't promote their lifestyle and stay away from the marriage issue. Thats not dramatic enough for you, you want the total moral division of our sociaty.

2. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

No it should not.  Very good point.

However, HubPages likes to pick and choose their racial battles. 

For instance, a fellow hubber by the name of Sandra Rinck has a hub that says the only reason why black people voted for Obama, is because he is black.  I'm mixed.  Jewish/white/black.  I made a comment that I voted for Obama.  She replied that I most likely did so, because I was black.

Too me that was an extremely tactless, and racist thing to say.  Was she flagged? No.  Was her demeaning hub about black peoples intelligence banned? No. 

Still..., I was reported for calling her a racist pig.  You know, its like this, I tried to explain to them that I call people by who and what they are. 

So, to answer your question, YES- some folks on hubpages can be quite the racist litter of pigs.

I understand you. Once I reported someone saying gays should be killed, but nobody did anything about it sad

I'm sure they were't around when I reported

1. RKHenry profile image64

Yeah, see.  There you go.

The hubpage staffers like to pick and choose their battles.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is not true. Have you ever thought that maybe something may have happened when you clicked send the report? Errors do happen you know. The staff here is great when dealing with the forums. Sometimes a report must be done twice.

I didn't report them.  It all happened in the forum.  I later reported her and her hub.  But still Dent, I hear what you are trying to say, but no. I don't buy that one on this score. 

There is no defending this situation.  It is what it is.

Racism is like that.  It is what it is.

1. creepy profile image55
              creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

im sure anyone who disagrees with you is a racist

easier that way isnt it

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
                IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG, how rude.  This is awful.  Furthermore, you are completely wrong about RK.  I reported you on your poor sportsmanship and horrible behavior towards other hubbers.

Shame on you!  Bad, bad form.

2. profile image0
            china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes OP - you should listen to Sir Dent on this, he is quite the expert at reporting, so I am told.

1. profile image0

And how would you know if I report anything or not?

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
                Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The "Reported" post you usually make right afterwards?  hmm

1. profile image0

You mean when I report a SPAM POST? Last one I reported had probably 20 links in it and over 8000 words. Thats wayy to much for a forum thread.

I'm not saying anything, I was joking...  big_smile

2. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

" You know, its like this, I tried to explain to them that I call people by who and what they are. "

No, you call them who and what you think they are. That's fine, but you seem to want to reserve that right to yourself and not others. If everyone avoided the name-calling it would be possible to discuss the most divergent points of view without it coming to who is or isn't 'flagged' or 'reported' or such nonsense.

1. GypsyDream profile image61
        GypsyDreamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts exactly- peace, open and non-judgemental minds- one can only hope...

3. creepy profile image55

really

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

HP is a microcosm of the society we live in, until we will respect all people we will never move forward, social stratification in all level is glaring-  sexuality, race etc,,,,I hope we will wake up and be accepted as well irregardless of color, sexuality, belief and economic position in life

1. profile image58
      foreignpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If this is a microcosm of society then we're all doomed!

4. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

I imagine there were not enough threads like this one already posted. Of course believers will be blamed for this one also as always.

http://hubpages.com/search/include:forums+Homophobia

Don't open the umbrella before it rains.

1. profile image0

The fact of the mnnatter is that it is already raining. The OP was posted for the same reason the others were posted. The poster of the OP could have just gone to one of the other threads already started and posted his/her views.

It is the same regurgitated crap anyway.

I hope not !

2. Antecessor profile image67

I see little of my opinion in my opening post, I have merely asked a number of pertinant questions regarding hate speech on hubpages. I see not only hate speech against gays but also against blacks and other ethnic minoritys. In fact anyone who is not a white christ stain.

1. profile image0

It doesn't matter. Do you think your OP will cause everyone to hold hands and sing love songs? You know your reason for starting this thread.

Why start something that has already been started?

Another point of view?
              New answers?
              someone like you posting ? roll

lol

I'm joking, Sir Dent. Don't get angry ! smile

Jokingly you say?  I say, very good point.

So are you a homophobe?

1. profile image0

Define Homophobe.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

" In fact anyone who is not a white christ stain."

But I'll bet you don't consider what you just wrote there to be "hate speech," right?

See, this is why it keeps going 'round and 'round.

You are the one that keeps going around and around, trying to stir the pot !
              Nobody's buying you. It's boring !

1. Sab Oh profile image56

I was responding to a post. See, I used a quote and everything. You seem to want to make any and everything personal. That's not helpful.

I am free to reply whenever I want. If you don't like it, don't answer back.
                  I'm not doing it personal. It's public domain! lol

It's obviously personal, but go ahead.

So me accidentally misspelling christ stain is hate speech? Typos are hate speech?

1. profile image0

You are letting it get to you.  Just because a minority of people have closed minds - and choose to show that to you - is a good reason for you to behave in the opposite manner.  By behaving like a victim you become one, you should treat them as the social degenerates that they are and rise above it. It may be hard but you should have pity for them, they have to live with the fear and self-loathing that drives their attacks.

"you should treat them as the social degenerates that they are"

Don't you see how throwing in the insults while even discussing the topic just ensures that it will keep going and going? You say "rise above it" in the same sentence that you are clearly not rising above it. How does that make sense?

"So me accidentally misspelling christ stain is hate speech?"

Oh that was a typo, was it? And of course you just misspelled it again... roll Come on, that's childish, not to mention hypocritical; especially in a thread you started about hate speech.

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image73

roll

Buh-Bye

3. creepy profile image55

dont read a lot of hubs do you

3. profile image0
          Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't hurt anyone to have an issue like this brought back up. Sometimes new threads get more attention and, the more attention an issue gets, the more likely it is that something will be done about it.

Homophobia is an issue that affects all of us, whether we choose to acknowledge the issue or not. All of us know at least one homosexual person, even if they haven't come out of the closet yet. They are either a friend or family member.

P.s. It takes up just as much good forum space complaining that threads have already been made as it does creating threads on the same issues. Instead of writing an entire paragraph about how stupid it was for the OP to bring up the same issues, why not just allow the thread to die on its own?

5. mod2vint profile image61
    mod2vintposted 14 years ago

I say to each his own. Doesn't matter to me what the ethnic background or sexual orientation. We are all people and need to co exist.

6. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

The fact is the OP has been here two weeks, there is no way for them to have a working knowledge of what has been posted and what has not. I have been here for months and I still cant find my way around all the threads that have been posted ever. So it is simply easier for a new thread to be started which is what I'm sure the OP did, and why.

The thread however isn't about when a new thread should be started or how do we find all the threads pertaining to a particular belief or topic of conversation. It was posted to talk about the issue of Gay rights and the lack there-of. Still a valid issue in the U.S. society.

IMHO

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nicely said, Mikel smile

Thank You

7. Antecessor profile image67

Terms of use for hubpages hubs:

4. RESTRICTIONS AND PROHIBITIONS ON USE
    In Your use of the Website and Service You must abide by the following restrictions and prohibitions on use. As a Website user or Author, You may Not:

Publish Hubs or Hub or Author Content that include any content or links that are pornographic, defamatory, libelous, tortious, vulgar, obscene, invasive of privacy, racially or ethnically objectionable, hateful, promotes or provides instructional information about illegal activities, promotes any act of cruelty to animals, or is otherwise offensive.

I have seen many many hubs that break these rules in their promotion of homophobia and racism.

1. profile image0

You are beating a dead horse with this one IMO.  Talking to Christians about gay issues is just waving a red rag at their prejudices.  They can insult you to their hearts content because they rarely get reported, that seems to be their modus operandi whenever they are losing any argument, as they must as their faith has no real foundation in history or in reason. As they operate as a set they can muster a gang to all report the same item so that it almost must be acted on.

I would take issue with your statement that homophobia stems from  a secret wish to be gay,  surely it is just another eruption of intolerance, and any intolerance is fear of anything that might challenge what we hang around our personal universe.

"They can insult you to their hearts content "

And it seems they can be insulted to anti-religion bigots' hearts (or whatever) content, 'cause there is no shortage of that going on as well.

"any intolerance is fear of anything that might challenge what we hang around our personal universe."

Hmmmm...see above

LOL @ "personal universe"

Yeah you are probably right, I dont really believe all homophobes are secretly gay. BUT SOME ARE, see ted haggard, he was an anti gay campaigner for years preaching the sins of homosexuality. Now he has come out as a homosexual himself.

8. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

So from this is where another thread spawned...  roll

1. profile image0

Yep - as in spawn of the devil big_smile big_smile

9. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I don't want to sit around watching tap dancers, listen to Opera, or watch figure skating.  Does this make me prejudice against them?   NO.  Do those that want to watch this or enter into that form of entertainment have the right to do so.
    Sure they do.   
      Would they be correct in calling me prejudiced for changing the channel on the TV everytime it comes on? Or for not supporting it?   NO
       Whether you are homosexual or heterosexual I do not need to be a spectator. But if "you" do that is your right.

In other words   Leave me out of it.   I don't care!

Anyones insistance of my  acceptence of Gays can be compaired to what Atheist are calling "craming it down my throat"
       Excuse the pun.

I don't want to sit around watching tap dancers, listen to Opera, or watch figure skating.  Does this make me prejudice against them?   NO.- Jerami

Jerami, replace your group with black people;

I don't want to sit around watching black people, listening to black people...

What you have said is the very meaning of prejudice.

If you dislike something that means you are prejudiced against that something, this becomes a problem when that something is an entire race or group of people. And also when you try to act on those prejudices by restricting their freedoms.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that you have misunderstood what I am saying.
        Just because I do not enjoy laying out in the sun on the beach does not mean that I am prejudices against those that do. Them being on the beach makes more room for me in the pool hall, tennis court etc.
           Those that are sunbathing would not like me making them watch billiards on TV. Does that make them guilty of being prejudice against billiard players?
           I don't think so.

10. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

No.
    What Jerami stated was his preference.
    He and anyone else has the right to NOT LIKE whatever they wanna not like.
    Just as you have the right to NOT LIKE straight people and therefore be heterophobic.
    However, you don't have the moral right to accuse straight people of wanting to "be gay".  You have the legal right I suppose, but I also have the legal right to call you out on it.

11. Antecessor profile image67

No.
    What Jerami stated was his preference.
    He and anyone else has the right to NOT LIKE whatever they wanna not like. - BD

Yes everyone has a right to their opinion, even if they hate jews and blacks, that is still prejudice. What they cant do is restrict the activitys of others or use hate speech based on these prejudices. Example J may not like jews and so based on his opinion he may choose not to hire a jew that applied to work for him.

Just as you have the right to NOT LIKE straight people and therefore be heterophobic.
    However, you don't have the moral right to accuse straight people of wanting to "be gay".  You have the legal right I suppose, but I also have the legal right to call you out on it.
    - BD

I already answered this, I said in my OP that GENERALLY HOMOPHOBICS want to be gay and I gave an example of this in the case of ted haggard. You are being dishonest here.

"I said in my OP that GENERALLY HOMOPHOBICS want to be gay"

Which is an obviously illogical statement.

How is it illogical?

Ted Haggard is an "infamous" anti gay evangelical preacher who for years preached hate for gays, now he is a known homosexual. Point proven.

I dont know why but everytime I try to spell christ stain it keeps coming out as a typo, I think its my text editor. LOL

that must be a Hell of a text editor !

"How is it illogical?"

Do you really not know, or is this more 'cute' hypocrisy like your super-hilarious use of hate speech on a thread bemoaning hate speech?

Shameless

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image73

Which is an obviously illogical statement.

@Antecessor
        Because it means that they aren't Gay to begin with which is what you are saying they are...so either they are gay and not wanting to be...or they are straight and wanting to be...so which is it?

From Dictionary.com

ho·mo·pho·bi·a   /ˌhoʊməˈfoʊbiə/  Show Spelled[hoh-muh-foh-bee-uh]  Show IPA
        –noun
        unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

No, it's because the hypocrite there obviously can't know what other people are thinking or feeling and declare conclusions about it, and that one case does not prove a universal truth about anything.

Well Mikel you tell what Ted Haggard was?

How is saying some homophobes really are gays who fear being gay and so force themselves to hate that part of themselves and thereby in extension all gays illogical? NOWHERE did I say ALL homophobes are straight.

If you had any comprehension skills then you would have understood the meaning of my words.

You are the type of person who would say stuff like "atheists and satanists are allied together against christ stains."

By the way christ stains was originally my typo until it was pointed out to me what a hillarious play on words it is. Thanks for thet. Also speaking bad about jebus is not hate speech because jebus isnt real. Thats like hate speech about fairys. LOL

If you can't understand even basic logic then you're on your own.

And the shameless hypocrisy of defending hate speech ("well, because I know I'm right!" roll) on a thread decrying hate speech is disgraceful. You really have forfeited any reasonable right to say a single word to anyone using any kind of hate speech.

WHAT HATE SPEECH!!!

Quote me my hate speech!!!

A play on words that was originally a typo is not hate speech.

Being illogical is not hate speech.
              I repeatedly explained how what i said is NOT illogical and you just continue to claim it is without describing how. Clearly you know you are wrong.

Back up what you say for once.

"WHAT HATE SPEECH!!!

Quote me my hate speech!!!"

I've quoted it several times now:

""christ stain"

Was not a typo, it was a use of 'speech' to express your bigotry against Christians. Your continued use of the term only confirms this and disqualifies you from saying word one about any kind of hate speech from any other group or individual.

Assuming you can know who is or is not "homophobic" and what their inner thoughts, feelings, and motivations are is inherently illogical. Drawing conclusions from that false assumption is further illogical. Citing one case as "proof" of a universal concept is also illogical. The notion that you honestly can't see that is...disappointing

2. profile image54
            (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm afraid that you'll have to put up with Mikel's lack of comprehension skills as he has taken to believing he is way smarter than Newton and Einstein, incomprehensibly. big_smile

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

And around, around, around !!

lol

13. Jerami profile image58

PS  My satalite internet connection is weak with the front moving in.  Interuptions of service is expected. 

Insert any word that you want to.
       I  do not particully care for apples.  I should not be considered as being prejudice against Apples unless I make efforts to keep anyone else from eating apples.
       If I am prejudice against anything it would be people that acuse me of things that I am not guilty of and they are.

I have yet been angered by anyones behaveior that upon close examination I did not find myself guilty of the same offence in some way.

Faults are a lot like the back side of our own knee caps.
    It is much easier to see those of other people.
      But with some effort on our part we can see our own.
      The problen is that we seldon do.

14. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

anyway, to answer your question.  no hate speech isn't allowed on hubpages.  in fact, if you ever see a hub like that, then just report it.  then hubpages will unpublish it immediately.  at least, that's what i did once when a guy used various curse words and sexual jokes like "suck my d***" during his avatar review, except he didn't censor out the "d" word like I did just now.  needless to say, they unpublished it right away.  therefore, just report the hub.

15. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Very recently I did write a Hub about attitudes towards Gays and Lesbians, so this thread made me think about "the hate speech thing" (mostly as it related to comments that could show up).  The thread "inspired" me to write a whole Hub about it (so thanks for the idea  smile  ).  If anyone's interested it will be up, probably, by tomorrow.  Hate speech wasn't even something I was thinking about until I saw this thread.

I'd love to read a hub on it,

16. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

How did what Antecessor wrote, inflamed so many, that warranted an acceptance level of bashing against her?  How did this deteriorate to senseless personal attacks by Sab oh, and comment bashing of follower hubbers by Creepy?  Furthermore, how is that okay- in this day and age of HubPages?

Because there are so many conservative white Christ stains on hubpages who think everyone has to follow their morals, write hate speech against minoritys, and try to get christaria laws passed to force everyone to believe as they do. Christians are identical to Muslims, except Christians have less power because of the American constitution. These Christ stains dislike the fact that I have called them on this, which I have done on the forums because last time I reported an anti black hub all the author had to do was change the word black to coloured and the hub was allowed to remain.

1. profile image0

Please provide a list of these hubs that contain hate speech. Surely you know where they are or you wouldn't mention them.

Christians are not identical to Muslims. You should go do more research.

When you write Christ stains it appears to be an insult. It shows the real reason you started this thread to begin with. You only wanted to start a fight.

Edit: I am waiting on a good definition of homophobe.

Homophobic: a dislike of homosexuals.

1. profile image0

According to your definition, I am not a homophobe.

I never said you were. All I said is that people who ARE homophobes are bad.

1. profile image0

You asked me earlier in the thread if I was one.

Ok then. We've cleared that up. Lol

2. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. The christiam "my way or not at all" view of life is getting a tad silly with the massive disagreement as to who has the real god, who is going to hell, who is moral etc.

These arguments are getting very thin. smile

17. IntimatEvolution profile image69

"Thats not dramatic enough for you, you want the total moral division of our sociaty."

And what, she is not entitled to her opinion?  To her own feelings, and wants?  Like you are?

hmmm...

Another thing, it is society.  Not sociaty.

18. IntimatEvolution profile image69

Well, okay.

Still, it is not okay for fellow hubbers to gang up on somebody.  The stench it reeks, speaks volumes about the mind set and characteristic traits, HubPages.com has allowed itself to sink too.

I'm guessing that is not good for business.  So why it is allowed, is beyond my international business resume.

19. Jerami profile image58

Antecessor wrote:
    homophobia - negative feelings towards gays, generally stemming from a secret desire to be gay.

jerami said .... I would respectfully disagree that homophobics are suffering from a secret desire to be gay, though I do agree that they suffer from some kind of insecurities.  To be phobic of anything suggests some kind of insecurity.
       I would also have to mention that just because someone disagrees with the practice does not make them homophobic.   

Antecessor wrote:   Why do you think there are so many homophobic hubs on hubpages.

Jerami said..  I may have been wrong but I suspected that it might have been a homosexual posting the question?
       We can take a poll but I don't think that would be necessary.

It is the answers that can either be correctly or incorectly be seen as homophobic.

20. IntimatEvolution profile image69

What is your point? 
    Hopefully in a 100 words or less.

21. Antecessor profile image67

Just do a hub search for the keyword fag or black Antichrist and you will see wat I mean. Ys Brenda has a right to her opinion, however her rights end there. Like the old saying goes , your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just searched and well maybe you could search better than I.

Please provide links to said hubs?

22. Antecessor profile image67

I guess I just struck a nerve here when I mentioned homophobia. Nowhere in my OP did I say anything else.

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hate to step in dear as I know you do not care for me personally, but just in line with the Original post... How many Homophobic hubs have you discovered here in Hub Pages?

I personally, without specifally looking for them, stumbled on at least several anti gay hubs and anti black hubs. After that I did a search of terms like faggot and anti Christ blacks and the results were huge. If you don't believe me then search these terms yourself and report any racist and homophobic hubs. I did, once. The author said that it wasn't blacks fault they were black as they didn't choose it. This he said was why one should tolerate blacks. If that isn't clearly racist, well.... I reported it and he changed the reference to blacks to coloured people instead.

1. profile image0

Thank you sir dent and Antecessor. Sadly one of the hubbers pages isn't working or is gone, that one being about Homeopathy, not to be confused with homophobia but there it was. I read others, two of which stick out in my mind.

Another sadly states that Wolverine (a comic book and movie character) is likely the antichrist.
            I did find an 18 year old Christian College student who only wrote one hub 2 years ago, that was frankly sad...

I see that tension runs high, but targeting hubs that are intended to inflame is one thing, a child who never wrote anything else, and probably doesn't remember her password is another.

To antecessor, I am sorry that there is hate in the world. I am not in the habit of debate. I believe that education is key, and when colleges teach students to hate, well then something should be done with those colleges.

If I had time to read and dicipher everyone's motives for writing what they do I would, but for me, the answer is clear.

Write about hate and look for it, you will surely find it.

Write about love and look for that, you will surely find it.

Ah the other is working now, it is about infections ins England.

Three of the references to the word "fag" it does not mean the same thing as homosexual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDlCcGBtGd0

23. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Hi Faybe! smile

Hi my guy. You always make me feel better.

1. earnestshub profile image81

Now that is good to hear!, I mean see.
        Geeze I'm not hearing what I see and reading what I hear again am I?
        Last time that happened they white-coated me! smile

We are in the hijacking car, aren't we? Because if we're not, we could get in trouble.

Absolutely! The OP won't mind. smile A fellow Aussie, he will be laying under a banana tree somewhere! lol

Good, because I am in the fubar talking to my other friend from down under. His name is Bloka! He is my mental therapist.

All we Australians are mental therapists or in need of mental therapists! lol

Well. I try to stay all good, upstairs, but I have no pictures and everyone always wants to see me.

I did pics yesterday with a laptop and I didn't like any of them. What you see is what you get, I am a writer, not a model.

24. brianzen profile image59
    brianzenposted 14 years ago

I want to formally go on record here as saying I have never been a homophopic, I am however arachniphobic so if a spider of any sexual persuasion comes near me I will squeel and jump on a chair.

Will you scream like a girl? I always did. lol

1. brianzen profile image59
        brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have wrestled alligators, one little spider and I turn into a schoolgirl.

I used to stop breathing and turn to stone, almost literally. Family members would slap my back and get rid of the spider. And people think they know phobias... When you can't walk talk and breath, it's ether serious labor contractions, or phobia.

Phobias can be tough alright!
            Sorry to see you are afraid of our little eight-legged mates.

You know they have a lot in common with humans? They have rituals and dance etc.
            I am at the other end of the scale, I love em!

I guess its normal to have some phobias but not understanding them is rough, I mean I cope with it but when did it happen is anybody's guess. I had one as a pet and it just one day clicked. I could not be around them anymore.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image73

as if a school girl is a bad thing...  wink

I know right?

lol

25. brianzen profile image59
    brianzenposted 14 years ago

What if it were both, what if you were terrified of babies and like 9 months along?

That would definitely require sedation! lol

And if the baby was like a huge spider baby, then that would just be ridiculous!

the image may haunt me forever brianzen, goodnight. lol

26. Antecessor profile image67

How about this hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Lesbian-teenage … nt-2625547
    Someone else from the gay community has already complained about it;
    "Your lesbo behavior is a choice, not something you are born with."
    "I do not treat homosexuals as equal because of their sexual choices or preferences"
    "Segregation because of skin color is one thing, but homosexuality is a choice of behavior, not a matter of being born with dark skin pigment."
    "endorsing a lifestyle that is unnatural, unholy, a public health nuisance, totally against the idea of abstinence education, contrary to the vast majority of the public's morals, and until recently illegal in many states."

Some people are ridiculous. That is just plain rude.

It is more than rude, it is Homophobia and Racism. Now Hubpages doesnt allow free speech in all cases, your hubs have to follow their guidelines regarding adult content, spam, hateful speech. So saying "freedom of speech" doesnt excuse this. So why is this hub and others like it allowed?

What did they say when you reported it?

Nothing, LOL. No comunication at all.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Gay-Rights
              How about this little gem:
              "rights for gays and the destruction of marraige and the family is nothing to be proud of."

"No one, I'll repeat for emphsis, No one can marry some one of the same gender. This law applies to all Americans gay or straight"

I have done what I felt was right, it makes me sick to my stomach. Angry. I am moving on, but I see, Antecessor. We won't agree on everything, but hate is wrong.

2. Faybe Bay profile image65

I see your point antecessor, however Hub Pages staff asks us to flag anything inappropriate for review because there is frankly not enough staff or hours in the day to read each hub.

They do a great job though! One of my hubs had a title keyword that was probably outside adsense TOS.
            When hubpages flagged it, they had read it. I was thankful they let me know so I could change it and not risk my account with adsense. smile
            I have not received the outcomes of any spam I have reported, I guess it would take too much time. smile

yes. i saw a girl, so proud of the job she did, but a photo would have ruined it for her, so I sent her an e-mail and she set up review herself.

27. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Lets keep sexual behavior private and away from kids. This desire to drag the whole sorted mess out in the light of day only makes it more offensive. Mind your own buisness and you'll find your place but, throw it at the opposition and you won't like what they throw back.

What is this supposed to mean?

1. profile image0

Try and keep private things private.smile

As if everyone that knows you doesn't know you have sex with your wife?

How can a Gay 'Couple' be expected to pretend like they aren't having sex with each other? And why should they have to? Because it is embarrassing to you? Or because you don't approve?

Is the fact that you have written such hubs a factor in your asking not to bring them to others attention?

I  swear I saw that coming. I have to eat and sleep antecessor. Goodnight.

2. profile image0

Go ahead! I'm comfortable with my position and if you don't read between the lines you'll see it's an honest reflection of a how person views a lifestyle choice other than his own. I'm not against it I'm just not for it.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorted mess?

Is that a Roxymoron?

28. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Sweet dreams Faybe! smile

night mate. smile

29. Antecessor profile image67

Well I think Ive made my point with the links to sneaks article, I have nothing more to say on this really. Bye.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)