The First and The Last

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 15 years ago

God is perfect, all powerful and knows everything. He transcends nature. Mysteriously, though, he still concerns himself with our lives.

God is always first and God will surely be last, to say this is not to draw God downward into the stream of time and involve Him in the flux and flow of the world. (flux-a flowing, a continual change)

He stands above His own creation and outside of time: but for the convenience of His creatures, who are children of time. He makes free use of time-words when referring to Himself. So He says that He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and the last.

Man has no say about the time or place of his birth. God determines that without consulting the man himself. One day the man or woman finds themselves  in consciousness and accepts the fact that he is.This is in the plan of God.

There his or her volitional life begins. (volitional- the act of power of using the will). Before that they had nothing to say about anything. After that struts and boasts and utters their defiant proclamations of individual freedom and are encouraged by the sound of their own voice.

They may declare their independence of God and call  themselves an "atheist" or an "agnostic".
    Have your fun, little man or woman; you are only chattering in the interim between the first and the last; you had no voice at the first and you will have none at last. God reserves the right to take up at the last, where He began at the first and you are in the hands of God whether you will or not. (interim-the period of time between;temporary)

This knowledge should humble us and encourage us when we remember how frail we are, how utterly dependent on God; and it should encourage us to know that when everything else has passed we still have God no less surely than before.

I am sure this seems to many of you just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo, but rest assured, God is alive and well and knows our every thought and action. One day we will face Him and give account for every idle word that is spoken. For every chance we had to make the choice to choose Him and denied Him instead, we will stand accountable for ourselves and not someone else. I choose Him ! What have I got to lose? Do you choose Him? What have you got to lose?

Is anything in your life guaranteed? Is your career unshakable, your family immoral, your money eternal? Do not base your comfort and enjoyment on what could be gone tomorrow. Only God and His Word will last for ever. Let these be the basis of everything in your life.

Isaiah 40:8 The grass dies and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God will live forever.

GOD IS SUPREME:
    Isaiah 40:12-15  Who has measured the oceans in the palm of His hand? Who has used a bowl to measure all the dust of the earth and scales to weigh the mountains and the hills?
    13-Who has known the mind of the Lord or even been able to give him advice?
    14-Whom did he ask for help? Who taught him knowledge and showed him the way to understanding?
    15-The nations are like one small drop in a bucket; they are no more than the dust on his measuring scales. To him the islands are no more than fine dust on his scales.

Isaiah 40:18-22  Can you compare God to anything? Can you compare him to an image of anything?
    19-An idol is formed by a craftsman, and a gold smith covers it with gold and makes silver chains for it.
    20- A poor person cannot buy those expensive statues, so he finds a tree that will not rot. Then he finds a skilled craftsman to make it into an idol that will not fall over.
    21- Surely you know. Surely you have heard. Surely from the beginning someone told you.Surely you understand how the earth was created.
    22- God sits on His throne above the circle of the earth, and compared to him

, people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the skies like a piece of cloth and spreads them out like a tent to sit under.

Isaiah 40:25-26 God, the Holy One, says, can you compare me to any one? Is anyone equal to me?
    26- Look up to the skies. Who created all these stars? He leads out the army of Heaven one by one and calls all the stars by name. Because he is strong and powerful, not one of them is missing.

Isaiah 40:28-31 Surely you know. Surely you have heard. The Lord is the God who lives forever, who created all the world. He does not become tired...
    29_He gives strength to those who are tired and more power to those who are weak.
    30- Even children become tired and need to rest and the young people trip and fall.
    31- But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again. They will rise up as an eagle in the sky; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.

Isaiah 52:10 The Lord will show his Holy power to all the nations. Then everyone on the earth will see the salvation of our God.

2Corinthians 4:-4 If the Good News that we preach is hidden, it is hidden only to those who
    are lost.
    4-The devil who rules this world has blinded the minds of those who do not believe. They cannot see the light of the Good News- The Good News about the Glory of Christ, who is exactly like God.

2Corinthians 4:18 We set our eyes not on what we see but on what we cannot see. What we see will last only a short time, but what we cannot see will last forever.

2Corinthians 5:10 Because we must all stand before Christ to be judged, each of us will receive what we should get-good or bad- for the things we did in this earthly body.

Faith
    Faith is the belief that God is real and that God is good...It is a choice to believe that the one who made it all has not left it all and that He still sends light into the shadows and responds to gestures of faith...Faith is the belief that God will do what is right.

God is always available to those who seek Him.

Matthew 6:19-21 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
    20- But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is there will your heart be also.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Vey nice DeaneMC.We recently had a great sage in India called Sai Baba.His famous lines were sabka malik ek(HIndi) which means everyones owner is One-God. smile 
      Matthew 6:19-21 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
      20- But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is there will your heart be also.
      This is very true,the material world is temporary and we must all die and cannot tak anything with us.Its our soul we must work on .
      a couplet.
      I know I am gong to die soon,
      That will be my biggest boon.

Going back home to God smile
      Keep penning
      Love
      Mohit

1. Paraglider profile image89
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Recently had? Has Sai Baba passed away then? I missed that news. I regularly stay in a small hotel in London where the owner is a devotee of Baba and has a life-size poster of him in every public area.
        From what I remember, Baba used to send pilgrims home with the instruction to follow their local religion and not to convert to Hinduism because, according to him, all ways were equal.

Yes Paraglider he has passed away.He was known to stay in a place which had a Mosque,a Temple and a Church.He is a very powerfull sage and has many followers.His famous lines -Show me one person who has come to me and gone away dissapointed.His Samadhi which is in Shirdi is thronged by millions irrespective of their Religion.Any true saint is beyond Religion or rather has equal respect for all. smile
          according to him, all ways were equal.

I have gone to his samadhi and said sorry for mocking him when I was young.
            Actually he told me to do so and I did so gladly. smile. smile

2. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Nice explanation of Alpha and Omega.  The Holy One.

Some of your posts would make good Hubs DeaneMc.

Mike

3. Eng.M profile image65
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

hi

just participating here .

God says:(He is the First and the Last, and the Outward and the Inward; and He is Knower of all things)

Quran 57:3
    PICKTHAL translation

Quran 57

thanx

True,
      Unto Allah is your return and he is able to do all things-The Holy Quran smile

Countless in front are your entity,
        Each having a different identity,

You are made of such fine light ,love  tissue,
        No beginning ,no end an ageless issue. smile

4. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

Thanks for the info about Sai Baba, Mohit. I watched a documentary about him some time ago, but it was mostly concerned with investigating his 'miracles' with designer watches. There does seem to be some controversy there.

My pleasure Paraglider.Could you start a now post on his miracles and about the deisgner watches-will add some more of his miracles in it. smile

5. Shalini Kagal profile image53
    Shalini Kagalposted 15 years ago

There's a Shirdi Sai Baba who passed away sometime in the beginning of the last century (that's who Mohit is referring to) and a Satya Sai Baba who's alive and kickin' and making watches appear and disappear!

Good point Shalini. smile

6. Shalini Kagal profile image53
    Shalini Kagalposted 15 years ago

Thanks Mohit smile realised there was some confusion there!

1. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The one I saw on TV and on posters in the London hotel is the one with what looks like an 'afro' hairstyle, and yellow 'hare krsna temple' style robes. He's the watch magician. The hotel keeper was a devotee and told me all about the miracles and his sending pilgrims home to their own local religions. Which one is he? The one who is still alive and kicking? I must say, he didn't strike me as a great sage.

The afro is Satya Sai Baba who is still alive and kicking .smile I am much more fascinated with Shirdi Sai Baba he passed away-The day was Tuesday, the 15th of October, 1918. It was the last day for Baba’s physical body.

7. bhoge profile image58
    bhogeposted 15 years ago

Shiridi Sai Baba
    http://www.saibaba.ws/avatar/shirdi_sai_baba.jpg
    Satya Sai Baba who is still alive
    http://sathya-sai-baba.org/pic/sathya_sai_baba.jpg

8. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

No 1 seems altogether a far more serious individual wink

He was so hansome its unbelievable.There is one photograph of his in Shirdi and he is just too beautiful.The villagers knew there is a mad fakir living around them.He was know to meditate for days in a cave and come out once in a few days ,.He would chew on some leaves for food or energy and go back into the cave.
      The first contact he had with a villager was when he was about to smoke his chillum.He called the villager and said come join me in my smoke.The villager sat next to him and was shocked to see what he did next.Supposedly he took a piece of safi or cloth and with his tongs dug it into the earth.The safi came out wet.Then he took a piece of coal and again with the tongs he dug it into the same patch of earth and this time it came out smoldering hot and he lit his pipe with it.
      One more miracle he performed I just simply love.
      It was Diwali and as he passed the village he saw a littel girl crying.He asked her why she is crying to which she said .I have no money to buy oil for my diyas and everyone else does.He told her to put water in the diyas and she did.The flames of the diyas  caught fire and supposedly were lit for the entire night on water. smile

9. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

There are hundreds of stories atributed to saints, which make the uneducated or undereducated believe. Can a true scientist believe this? Saibaba, instead of making the lights glowing in water, may have brought some money or oil by his divine power and given to the girl. What prevented him?  No saint has performed divine magic in front of public. If a single person says he saw the magics, and the saint refuses to perform them in public, then there must be some agreement between the two. No one need accept a theory when the same cannot be proved when required. Religion and divine belief are meant for the welfare of the masses and not to crop up ignorance.  Such things encourage westerners to label Indians as "Ignorant Indians".

Sorry but westerners have understood the magic of the mystics.He is not called  saint or sage for no reason which means he is no ordinary person.Sai Baba has and is performing his magic.He has come to me in meditation and many have understood his divinity.Science is a baby in front of God-his science is something else.
      Many educated or rather highly educated people believe in the mystics and their powers.
      The Sikh saints forbid their children from performing miracles. smile
      Sivagna is yet to understand the meaning of his name.

10. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

Dear sir, my name, Sivagnanam was given to me by my mother before 59 years. My parents made me wise enough to understand that miracles of so-called saints are street performances. To become saints, one need not perform miracles. Take some religious books like Gita or Bible or Koran and explain their contents for those who have no time to read them. Teaching religious ethics is important for every religion to thrive. By performing miracles in a lonely place before an ignorant child, and forcing others to believe it is no sainthood. Hinduism should be cleansed from moneymakers and fruads. I should accept the philosophy; my friend, you should not thrust it on me. Because, I may be wiser.

Dear Sivagna everyone is not a fraud .Also untill you see the magic for yourself you will never really understand smile Like Guru Nanak said you need to be ina similar vibration to understand me or else you will call me a fool.
      I think it was very nice of Sai Baba to help that girl out. smile
      Take some religious books like Gita or Bible or Koran and explain their contents for those who have no time to read them-Sai Baba was also known to do this. :)Rather he would explain or try to explain to those who have had the time to read but still could not understand these higher truths.
      Also Sai Baba never forced anyone to believe or imposed on the child that she should tell everyone about this miracle.

There are millions who believe he is a saint and no one is being forced to do so.It has to come from within-self realisation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)