HubPages vs. a Blogging Website

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. StevenDiggsJr profile image57
    StevenDiggsJrposted 14 years ago

If I wanted to start writing many article on one subject, would it be more viable to write articles on HubPages or open a blog dedicated to these articles.

I am thinking or making a lot of anime related articles and I was wondering this.

1. mailxpress profile image51
      mailxpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Steven,
      I more than happy to give you my take on the subject.
      I feel if you have a niche you love and enjoy writing about keep writing about it.  Over time your niche will reach visitors who enjoy your choice of topic and will continue to become a follower and will read your new Hubs you write.

Blogs?  I have a few and I just started to edit them and update them.  The URL to the blogs are indexed by the search engines and when I saw that I felt it was time to tweak and update them.

The more URLs you have out on the web about the same topic/subject with all original content the better of a chance you will have to increase regular visitors.  Just my opinion because following this method has increased my view and traffic.  I want people to come back to use my articles as a reference.

You should also consider creating a one whooping website about your niche and place links to your Hubs on it.  I recently did this and wow, the traffic I am receiving.

Keep working at it because over time it will add up.  Nascar is your think I see.  That's great.  You should place a link to other Hubs on the topic because that too will help you increase traffic.

I hope my suggestions help.  Let me know.  Have a great day.
      mailxpress

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The problem with starting a blog is that getting readership is hard.  You have to do lots of promoting to get it noticed.  And to keep it high in Google's eyes, you have to post regularly.  You may think you have a lot of articles, but a daily or even weekly post to a blog will chew threw them faster than you think - how many weeks can you keep going? 

If you have enough to keep you going for several months, go for the blog. But then also write several Hubs with a link to your blog, to promote it.  Make sure you don't duplicate Hub content on your blog or vice versa.

If you write Hubs, they get noticed much faster without the same need for promotion.  So if you have only 20 or 30 articles, I'd write Hubs instead.

3. mailxpress profile image51
      mailxpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One more suggestion Steve.  I took the time to create a couple of free websites which came out pretty good.  Anyway, use the link feature Hubpages offers.  I placed a link to my free websites within my Hubs which fit the topic/subject.  I also put a free hit counter at the bottom of my websites to see if I received any traffic.  It's only been a few days and I have received 20 visits to the free websites.  So I guess it's working.  It all adds up.
      Have a great night.
      mailxpress

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Take the advice.  She is right.

3. StevenDiggsJr profile image57

So, basically, I should write 2 times on the same topic, one on the blog and one on HubPages?

4. chinweike profile image60
    chinweikeposted 14 years ago

If you have a niche you want to develop, having a blog with the niche in the url pays off better in the long run.
    But if you don't really have much to write on the niche, stick with hubpages.
    cheers!

5. StevenDiggsJr profile image57

I plan on writing tons about anime in one blog and the same in NASCAR. They would all kinds of topics within those fields.

1. chinweike profile image60
      chinweikeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then make sure you have those key words in the url of the blogs. good luck

6. StevenDiggsJr profile image57

So, I have another question then. If I am going to write on anime, then you mean I should put the word "anime" in the title.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely.  Use the Google keywords tool to see if you can identify what anime fans are looking for, then try to incorporate those words into the URL of your blog or Hubs.

2. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Remember, there are thousands of other websites trying to get to the top of google for anime, you might want to choose something a bit easier to get in to, or choose a longer keyphrase on anime which has less competition!

1. DanPowers profile image47
        DanPowersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, anime is one tough niche to get in, and it probably won't monetise well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)